Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 10-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #26
x-deviant-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
I don't know who this Marshal guy is or what his law might be, but I think you mean martial law, as in imposed by a martial or military force. Either way, it ain't gonna happen over this.
So I misspelled a word and the spell check didn't catch it. Your cynicism is unnecessary.

Regardless. Other than your arrogance, what proof or evidence do you have that this won't lead to MARTIAL law? Are you that trusting of your government? If so, why would you be siding with these protesters to begin with? All the president needs to enact Martial Law, is civil unrest. Mass protests in 70+ major cities across the country sounds like the brink of civil unrest to me. It doesn't have to be violent to be considered unrest. Have these people obtained the proper permits in each city for peaceful protest? So far no one has provided proof of that. Without permits the cities can force the protesters to disband. If they refuse, (which they likely will do) the city can remove them by force.

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, this might all be exactly what they want us to do?

Massive movement of military vehicles and equipment near several bases all across the country in recent weeks is a bit odd, don't you think? I live near one of those bases and have for most of my life. It's definitely not something that is normal to see around here, even when there is something major going on. We've had no natural disasters here, there are no new wars breaking out in other countries that anyone is aware of. So why all the military movement all of a sudden?

It just seems too odd, and too coincidental to me.
x-deviant-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #27
Grausamkeit

Are you a tea-bagger? I've heard similar statements from them. "The government will just impose martial law" as if it's just something that would go into effect instantaneously without a quibble from the People.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #28
x-deviant-x

Absolutely not. I agree with what these protests represent. End the federal reserve is the predominant message. End corporate corruption. Remove the money and the lobbyists from government. Transparent democracy. Remove the bought congress. It is the banks and the corporations that control our government and control us. We have to get rid of all of them. There are no democrats or republicans in government anymore. There is no left or right. They are all 2 sides of the same coin and they're all being controlled by the corporate elites that all of these people in the Occupy movement are protesting against. The corporations own our government.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #29
Grausamkeit

I'm just sayin', the idea of Martial Law being enforceable seems ridiculous. Corruption does need to end. Martial law will not be imposed.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #30
x-deviant-x

If you believe that, then you're falling into the trap. I'm not saying these protests shouldn't happen, or that everyone shouldn't be involved. If i had the resources I would be involved myself. I'd be handing out food and blankets and supplies to everyone out there if I could.

All I'm saying is be aware of what is going on before following along blindly. Be aware of where all of this can lead, the good and the bad.

Maybe you should take a few minutes and watch this video. I'm not familiar with the group that posted it, or the website that is promoting it. The point is to pay attention to what this man is saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeMZG...layer_embedded
Old 10-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #31
Alan

White people are so funny when they think THEIR government is authoritarian enough to enact martial law.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #32
Grausamkeit

They wouldn't impose Martial Law. If they did this country would make that rioting in England seem like a kiddie fight on the playground. It would get VERY ugly and the government does not want that shit on their hands.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #33
*Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-deviant-x View Post
I don't think the NYPD would actually do that just all of a sudden
Arrests at occupy wall st. related activities drastically increased after J.P. Morgan donated 4.6 million dollars to the NYPD. Coincidence? New Yorks finest, the best cops money can buy.

Quote:
They wouldn't impose Martial Law. If they did this country would make that rioting in England seem like a kiddie fight on the playground. It would get VERY ugly and the government does not want that shit on their hands.
I agree, except I think it would much closer resemble civil war. I've heard a lot about "the four founding boxes of america; the soapbox, the ballot box, the jury box, and the ammo box, to be used in that order" lately. I feel that enacting marshall law would realease a tidal wave of blood, and even the 1% aren't that stupid.
Who condones this bloodlust?

-CONFLICT
*Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #34
*Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Twitch View Post
enacting marshall law.
Fuck. Ooops.
Who condones this bloodlust?

-CONFLICT
*Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #35
AshleyO

I just got back from the protest. That picture was a lie. You know what else is a lie? My name.

Fuck it. The protest was a good one. People were diverse as FUCK!

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #36
x-deviant-x

No, civil war will come after martial law goes into effect. The president won't be the one to initiate it. State governors will be the first, one by one, like dominoes.

To think that anything can be achieved through peaceful protest is delusional when you have a totalitarian government masquerading as a democracy, as we have. Do you honestly believe this is going to get you anywhere? Do you really think the elite are going to let go their power to a bunch of crying homeless people in the street without a serious fight? This is not the 1960s. These are not hippies protesting Vietnam or civil rights. Many think themselves to be, but their enemy is much different. The corruption will only be removed by force. Until then they'll sit back and laugh at the protesters, pointing fingers and calling them lazy degenerates, pot heads, and communists wanting hand-outs, while they sip their champagne and burn their money to keep themselves warm. And the media plays along, because the media is doing what they're told, making sure that the majority of the country, who watch Fox News and CNN believe these protesters to be lazy degenerates who just don't want to work.

The media makes it a point to show on camera the protester and the rich man. Rich man who asks the protester "Why don't you get a job? There's help-wanted signs all over" and the protester scoffs, claiming he won't work for $7 an hour. Or the journalist who asks the communist "If one of these CEOs offered you a job making $150K a year, would you take it?" and the communist protester scoffs and says "hell no". The media is doing their job. The media is feeding the general public exactly the story the public wants to hear. "These are lazy bums who don't want to work", they say, "who just want hand-outs, while the honest working citizens have to leave an extra hour earlier to make it through the crowds to get to work on time". The media keeps asking what are their demands, while any journalist on any channel, could easily obtain a their official list and deliver it to the public. They don't, not because they can't get solid information, but because it doesn't fit the agenda.

It should be no secret that many of the elite believe in population reduction. Its much easier to control the masses when their numbers are smaller. What better way to accomplish this than to incite civil unrest? What better way to incite something than to use symbols and themes from pop culture - which the majority of these protesters were raised on - to appeal to such a large crowd, to get them to agree and follow along.

I suspect the numbers will have to get much larger before anything serious happens. But, considering it's already spread to 70-some cities in a matter of days, that won't take much time at all. (I'm gonna go with a ballpark figure of approx. 20mil - about the same number currently unemployed in the US.).

At some point, gangs will get involved. If riots haven't started by that point, they will. The violence will escalate at a rapid pace and the government - state and federal - will have no choice but to take control. Welcome to the true police state. How long it sustains itself is really impossible to tell but there are many in this country who, whether they agree with the protesters or not at this point, will not tolerate being policed.

This same pattern will happen in every country that these protests are taking place in, but the US will likely be the first to enter civil war, when the police and military begin to defect. The countries whose citizens don't have access to their own guns will have to rely on their own defected military to protect them.

In the states, it will be the defected military and the 40-million+ who own their own guns, fighting the government's military, defending themselves and the unarmed. From there, whatever the result, the country will be split. I see it being much like the old days of east and west germany.

Of course I'm just a loon, none of you will believe any part of this until it's in your face. By then you won't have a choice. Until then you follow a crowd blindly, who follows a crowd blindly, who was instigated by their anger and listened to some faceless messenger promising salvation and justice.

I have no sympathy for those who refuse to educate themselves and instead cling desperately to the fictitious left and right of US politics, thinking their vote or their voice means anything anymore. You are all sheep. Sad really, I would have thought at least the majority of the regular members on this board would have been smart enough to see this all coming.

Welcome to the World Revolution and the New World Order. Follow your Jesuits into the Wolves den. They're waiting for you.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #37
Grausamkeit

Yeah....I'm not getting fitted for that tin-foil hat just yet.

Old 10-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #38
Alan

Oh my god, you're so boring.
real classy
Old 10-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #39
x-deviant-x

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
Ronald Reagan
40th president of US (1911 - 2004)
Old 10-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #40
Grausamkeit

Dude, what? o_O

Old 10-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #41
Ben Lahnger

"I have a feeling Wall Street has figured out a way to make money off of occupy Wall Street." -- Alan Tudyk

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:02 PM   #42
AshleyO

Anti Flag was supposed to play there. I was ambivalent about that. I'm not surprised if some of this is co-opted.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #43
Jonathan

If this leads to a complete breakdown in our society, and we are forced to witness a civil war between the Government and the Resistance made up of military defectors and citizens brandishing small arms, I will be the first person to come back here and tell everyone that you were right, x-deviant-x.

In fact, after exercising my Second Amendment Rights and playing the role of Wolfhound to Protect All the Sheeple, or whatever the fuck it is that La Resistance will have of me, I'll make sure to use non-fiat currency to build a statue in your honor, with some plaque telling the world that your posts here were not merely inane ramblings, but a prophetic warning that we all should have heeded.

Christ, this is embarrassing. New World Order, police state, civil war... Can't wait to hear about FEMA death camps. Sheer, utter fantasy.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #44
wolf moon

I didn't have to think of a way to articulate my opinion on this, because reddit did it for me.
wolf moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #45
Alan

There's also the Daily Show's showing of Sean Hannity saying how "they're discontent with the current situation, they know that banks have played with their futures and now they are the ones who are left to pay for the banks, and want the government to be accountable for it; their dissent is the definition of American"

...oh wait, he was talking about the Tea Party in 2009, these guys are anti-american, and according to his guest Ann Coulter hippie fascists.
real classy
Old 10-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #46
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
The $upreme Court decision to allow unlimited corporation contributions to political campaigns was the straw that broke American morality's back, and was so obvious a betrayal that even Joe Six-pack realized he had been sold out.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #47
AshleyO

What's really great is people are actually getting together and talking. It's a lot like the internet, except it seems to matter more when it's face to face.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #48
Sinjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
So.. uh... I'm confused. Are these guys unorganized slobs that cannot form a coherent theme or an army of highly disciplined and terrifying fascists? Jeez media, why can't you frame a coherent narrative?
You can't speak for the whole group, but the bullshit that's going to emerge from massive amounts of pseudo-intellectuals representing the ideals these people want to express will definitely fall under that category.

I'm glad to see it's mainly discussion-orientated for now, but it'll take one dumb apple to rot the whole movement. Don't get me wrong I'm with 'em but there's going to be a lot of people with the same ideal fucking this up.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #49
Sinjob

In the meantime, this is the song everyone must consider.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N93OCCBXGXc
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #50
Saya

Read this article about feminism and OWS; how there is sexism within OWS (with the Hot Chicks Of OWS shit) and then compares OWS to Slut Walk. I don't think I agree with everything that's said about Slut Walk, but I think its going to be useful to help me articulate what I find problematic about SW.

http://www.feminisms.org/3716/graspi...y-wall-street/
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote