Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-22-2009, 12:02 PM   #651
Anarasha

My fridge is full of soda, and I am now armed for a week and a half of doing nothing
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #652
Ben Lahnger

I just heard a sports commentator narrating a piece of highlight film ... he meant to say "microcosm" but he said "microchasm!' LOL!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:27 PM   #653
the-nihilist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFXsxOSkfmw
Old 12-23-2009, 05:53 PM   #654
Ben Lahnger

Fun! .......

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 12-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #655
vindicatedxjin

I got to hang with cousins who I haven't seen in ages. One of them is dating a guy who did one of the voices for a guy off of the animated beowulf...it was interesting.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:08 PM   #656
honeythorn

The £500 bonus from work, the bottle of Chardonnay I won in the raffle held by work, and the fact that the bosses had a fuckton of spare stock in the office back room that they wanted to get rid of and said we could all have for nothing if we wanted, otherwise it was going to be binned. Everyone dived in!

Bear in mind I work in a warehouse that sells craft products, ( tissue paper, coloured card, card making kits, glitter, glue, paints, ect ect ) and also beading supplies ....I had to get mother to fetch me from work because I couldn't carry all the stuff I have. And it isn't cheap shit either. I've seen the products in stores and in the catalogues, and a pack of beads is around £2...I have about 50 packs at least. The packs of tissue paper are over £10 so I snagged one... I reckon I've got over £150 worth of stuff for free all told.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:14 PM   #657
Crying_Crimson_Tears

My fiance brought me home lingerie as one of HIS Christmas presents.

Men kill me.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:48 PM   #658
vindicatedxjin

I'm getting off now MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #659
Saya

Was reassured this is going to be a good Christmas even if its away from home! Gone to serve chili and have a good drink with mum and my sister ^_^
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:38 PM   #660
Methadrine

An E-mail made my day. As usually. Now the prospect of sleep is the following thing that will make my day.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #661
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears View Post
My fiance brought me home lingerie as one of HIS Christmas presents.

Men kill me.
Yeah, that's kinda typical. I have seen women give men chick-flick romance movies as a gift to HER, but it's not quite the same thing.

My Dad once game my Mom a saber saw for Christmas. She asked him, "What am I gonna do with this?" He started with the sly, "Well, if you can't use it ..." to which she responded, "Oh no you don't R***** * ******!" (using the dreaded full name including middle initial) "I'll be keeping it and I'll find a use for it. You don't get to touch it. And if you ever do something like this again, you'll find the thing you bought smashed on the floor and thrown into the trash quicker than you can say "I'm sorry."

And he never did that again.

But the lingerie thing isn't on that level of bad ... more just a little self-centered male goofiness. Have a talk with him. A gentle talk.

Hopefully the lingerie isn't wholly inappropriate ... just tell him it doesn't make you think he cared about how you feel. Male or not, if he's got any sense at all, he'll get it. I sure hope he does.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 12-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #662
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Yeah, that's kinda typical. I have seen women give men chick-flick romance movies as a gift to HER, but it's not quite the same thing.

But the lingerie thing isn't on that level of bad ... more just a little self-centered male goofiness. Have a talk with him. A gentle talk.

Hopefully the lingerie isn't wholly inappropriate ... just tell him it doesn't make you think he cared about how you feel. Male or not, if he's got any sense at all, he'll get it. I sure hope he does.
Yeah, he asked if I was pissed later on, and I responded with "I pretty figured you would do this anyway, so really it was expected, so I guess I can't be super pissed.

But he got the hint, he said he will save that type of thing for anniversaries only.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:09 PM   #663
Lady_Alyce

Location: A lovely place where the humidity melts your makeup off.
It just put the presents under the make-shift tree. Earlier, I got to eat at one of my favorite pseudo 'fast food' restaurant. It's made my day. Merry x-mas!
Lady_Alyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:24 PM   #664
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
But he got the hint, he said he will save that type of thing for anniversaries only.
Well, okay. I will say this ... It's probably not the last goofy or short sighted thing he'll do, and you might even make a mistake yourself somewhere along the way. But the most important thing was that you talked about it, and if you can manage to keep doing that, your odds of having a decent, caring relationship go way up.

Merry Christmas!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 12-24-2009, 10:16 PM   #665
Ben Lahnger

What's made my day?

Stumbling over the music video for "Buttmachine" by That 1 Guy again!

Just 'cause it's cracked,
doesn't mean that it's broke
Just 'cause it's a butt
doesn't mean it's a joke

The future is all planned
and now comes to pass
artificial man
artificial ass

The movement is over
the flush has begun
and just 'cause it's ugly
don't mean it's no fun

Function over form
fiction over pain
and just because it's chrome
don't mean it won't stain

Also the video for "One" is good.

Man, I can't wait to see him live when he comes to Houston on Feb 8th!!!

LIVE!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 12-25-2009, 12:11 AM   #666
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
My fiance
I don't get it. Aren't you like 17? Is the word 'fiance' just more phonetically thrilling and exotic than 'boyfriend'? The notion that you actually believe you're going to marry this person is frightening to me, as it suggests that you operate on a level of stupidity and obliviousness of which I can't even conceive.

Quote:
Men kill me.
Well, apparently not yet. I wouldn't be so glib about it, though, considering your history of making goo goo eyes at homicidal maniacs.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:03 AM   #667
DRM

It's Christmas.
: )
And my little brother comes over today.

Merry Christmas Gnet!
Old 12-25-2009, 06:09 AM   #668
skoteinh

this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwZDRg-PDOQ

Merry Christmas!!! : )
Old 12-25-2009, 01:03 PM   #669
Ben Lahnger

<= is very happy! I did a pretty good job of getting gifts that everyone seems to be enjoying, and among other things, I got "Dark City (Unrated Director's Cut)" on BluRay!

For those that don't know "Dark City", I place it on a list with "Blade Runner" and "Donnie Darko" as films that are so interesting to me because they attempt to accomplish perhaps more than a movie screen can contain. The review I linked to above describes it thus: "Dark City" looks like bits and pieces of "Blade Runner," "Batman," "Hellraiser," "Phantasm," "Brazil," and director Alex Proyas's own previous film, "The Crow," with the added glumness of "Dune" thrown in for good measure. There is no doubt that "Dark City" is as entertainingly bizarre a film as you'll find, a story that finds a strange, psychological surrealism in a nightmarish world of perpetual night. It's grim, fascinating, always absorbing, wildly imaginative, and not a little scary.

Also, here's a link to What New Revelations Lie Within the 'Dark City' Director's Cut???

Anyway, I'm excited about getting it as a gift and am going to watch it NEXT! Perhaps I'll post a review in the film section later.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 12-25-2009, 01:06 PM   #670
Anarasha

We had a white Christmas in Denmark. This did not make my day, it made my year.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #671
JCC

Crying_Crimson_Tears has shown herself to be a pretty stupid person throughout her tenure on Gnet, but getting pissed at her boyfriend for having a sense of humour is definitely one of the dumbest things she's done yet.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #672
Ben Lahnger

JCC, I'll not disagree with you on her previous comments and behavior, but you're way off base on this one.

Do not comment so harshly on that which you have so little personal knowledge of. Unless you're the boyfriend in question. Is that you? And did you try to pull the old, "I was just joking, okay! Why are you taking this so serious" line?

He bought her lingerie as a Christmas gift for "her" so she would put out for him. That's not funny. That's immature and insensitive if you don't already have an understanding about it.

If I buy my girlfriend a cake pan for Christmas and then ask her if she's gonna make me a cake with it right away, I don't expect her to do too much laughing either.

Dork!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 12-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #673
Anarasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Well, apparently not yet. I wouldn't be so glib about it, though, considering your history of making goo goo eyes at homicidal maniacs.
I usually appreciate your rantings and wordy bitchslaps, but that is taking it too far.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:14 PM   #674
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
<= is very happy! I did a pretty good job of getting gifts that everyone seems to be enjoying, and among other things, I got "Dark City (Unrated Director's Cut)" on BluRay!

For those that don't know "Dark City", I place it on a list with "Blade Runner" and "Donnie Darko" as films that are so interesting to me because they attempt to accomplish perhaps more than a movie screen can contain. The review I linked to above describes it thus: "Dark City" looks like bits and pieces of "Blade Runner," "Batman," "Hellraiser," "Phantasm," "Brazil," and director Alex Proyas's own previous film, "The Crow," with the added glumness of "Dune" thrown in for good measure. There is no doubt that "Dark City" is as entertainingly bizarre a film as you'll find, a story that finds a strange, psychological surrealism in a nightmarish world of perpetual night. It's grim, fascinating, always absorbing, wildly imaginative, and not a little scary.

Also, here's a link to What New Revelations Lie Within the 'Dark City' Director's Cut???

Anyway, I'm excited about getting it as a gift and am going to watch it NEXT! Perhaps I'll post a review in the film section later.
I have this film! But not this directors cut you have. The fact Richard O Brian in it just makes the levels of WIN rise even higher. It is indeed a really good film and quite underrated I think. I don't know anyone else who's even heard of it ( same goes for Clive Barker's Nightbreed)
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:07 PM   #675
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarasha View Post
I usually appreciate your rantings and wordy bitchslaps, but that is taking it too far.
I'm baffled as to why you'd bother typing this post, as if your disapproval would convince me to say sorry, but I guess you just need the exercise.

Quote:
He bought her lingerie as a Christmas gift for "her" so she would put out for him. That's not funny. That's immature and insensitive if you don't already have an understanding about it.
I'm sure Crying_Crimson_Tears really is stupid enough to be pressured into sex by suggestive presents, but her boyfriend probably doesn't realize that quite yet. The underwear is a goddamn joke, not an attempt at coercion. They're probably fucking already anyway-- why would he stick around otherwise?

Quote:
If I buy my girlfriend a cake pan for Christmas and then ask her if she's gonna make me a cake with it right away, I don't expect her to do too much laughing either.
Why the fuck not? Like CCT's underwear, that's a useful gift. Would you be offended if your girlfriend bought you a nice tie, and immediately advised that you wear it to dinner with her annoying mother? I personally would laugh and be grateful, as would any normal, well-adjusted human being.
CCT even said lingerie would have been a fine choice for an anniversary. What kind of bullshit, arbitrary rule is that? "On our anniversary you can give me something from my owning which you might possibly stand to benefit, but NOT ON CHRISTMAS."
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote