Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 08-24-2008, 12:08 PM   #101
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity
God you NRA people really piss me off. I like guns, I don't own any and the only times I fire them is target shooting, but the bottom line is: I'm perfectly willing to give up my right to own a gun so that psychos like you aren't allowed to own them either. Just because someone doesn't believe in violence, you gun Nazis label them a pussy, or if they have a slightly larger vocabulary, as in your case, a hoplophobe. The gun nuts in Congress even want to arm teachers, imagine your 5th grade English teacher who could hardly even walk up the stairs without throwing out her hip waving around a .357. You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

I totally agree. I love guns, but better safe than fucking blown up.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:11 PM   #102
Deadmanwalking_05

They used older friends to buy the weapons it's what is known as a "Straw Purchase"

The folks at the gun show were most likely following the law "Unregulated" doesn't fit in to that,it was a straw purchase so background checks and all didn't really matter,the folks behind the counter probably didn't think the asshole was going to sell them to two fucktards that would then cause a rampage in their school.

And yes I carry when out and about,it's your choice not to carry as much as it's my choice to carry.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:17 PM   #103
Saya

Its unregulated because there are no proper regulations like a background check, its legal yes but still unregulated. One of the guys who bought guns for them, Manes, had an extensive criminal record. Thats a serious problem that anyone can buy a gun.

Like really, are you worried about a zombie apocalypse happening while you're at the mall?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:18 PM   #104
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsyMayhem

I totally agree. I love guns, but better safe than fucking blown up.
If nobody had guns, nobody would get 'blown up'. You, giving up your 'right to carry firearms' is the first step towards this.

In the UK, you're statistically more likely to get stabbed when you carry a knife; I imagine this follows in the US with guns.

Also, as a woman, it is pretty easy to wrestle a gun off you, and use it on you. If you have no gun this can't happen.

Also, could you live your life knowing that you ended another's solely because they tried to steal your bag?

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:31 PM   #105
Deadmanwalking_05

If it was a felony record he shouldn't have even allowed into the gun show.

Well if you let them get that close after pulling a firearm it's your own fault,you should've gotten out of dodge before having to pull your weapon.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #106
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05
If it was a felony record he shouldn't have even allowed into the gun show.

Well if you let them get that close after pulling a firearm it's your own fault,you should've gotten out of dodge before having to pull your weapon.
There's a lot of what if's to all situations.
I could make an ass long list.
Your example is pretty irrelevent.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #107
Deadmanwalking_05

As far as being blown up goes,I'll take my chances as long as I can send incomming rounds their way it would be a chance.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:46 PM   #108
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiUsAiDh
If nobody had guns, nobody would get 'blown up'. You, giving up your 'right to carry firearms' is the first step towards this.
Wait, are you agreeing with me on the fact that banning all firearms is probably best?
Sorry, but I'm a bit confused.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:51 PM   #109
LiUsAiDh

Um, I wasn't agreeing/disagreeing with anybody in particular.

I'm against guns. I misunderstood you, and thought you were for said motion. But my opinion still stands.

So, I guess I'm agreeing.

I too am now confused.

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
Old 08-24-2008, 12:53 PM   #110
Deadmanwalking_05

You aren't going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours (Not that I really set out to do so).

If you don't want a firearm that's fine.

But don't try to take that right away from others.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:56 PM   #111
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiUsAiDh
Um, I wasn't agreeing/disagreeing with anybody in particular.

I'm against guns. I misunderstood you, and thought you were for said motion. But my opinion still stands.

So, I guess I'm agreeing.

I too am now confused.
Oh XD
I was saying that I love guns, but am willing to sacrifice them for my own safety. And that agree that teachers shouldn't be given guns and basically all that Portrait said.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:59 PM   #112
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05
You aren't going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours (Not that I really set out to do so).

If you don't want a firearm that's fine.

But don't try to take that right away from others.

If you don't want to murder others that's fine

But don't try to take that right away from others

See how stupid I sound?
As I have said, I like guns.
But that was a bad arguement.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:00 PM   #113
LiUsAiDh

Teachers can be given guns?? The fuck??

With a mind to do what?

How could a teacher justify killing a student? Pepper spray, maybe, taser possibly in extreme cases.... but GUNS!??!?!

Old 08-24-2008, 01:04 PM   #114
Deadmanwalking_05

Retention Skills can be used in case of the afore mentioned "Gun Grab"
They work just as well with men and women.

Again mindset comes into play.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:05 PM   #115
Deadmanwalking_05

Well in the case of a school shooting they could drop said little scumbag in his/her tracks if need be.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:08 PM   #116
Saya

Once again, the kids shouldn't be able to get a gun in the first place, but its insanely easy for them to do so. The answer isn't MORE GUNS!!!!1!!, is more regulated gun control.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #117
Deadmanwalking_05

And as stated before guns are a last resort,and only used in dire straights.

Basicly when the shit hits the fan and no other option can be taken.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #118
LiUsAiDh

School shootings.... yeah they're commonplace. I saw two on my way to the corner shop this morning.

The danger of school shootings obviously outweighs the chances of teachers with anger issues getting pissed off and shooting irritating kids.

And retention skills? Pff, most women who carry guns won't bother to learn how to keep themselves carrying said gun.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:14 PM   #119
Deadmanwalking_05

Kids under the age of 18 cannot buy long guns or handguns.

At 18 a young adult can buy a rifle or shotgun (And they have to have a clean record no felony arrests) and at 21 an adult can purchase a Handgun (Same as above no felony arrests or other serious charges)
Old 08-24-2008, 01:17 PM   #120
Deadmanwalking_05

You failed to or just ignored the issue of armed security that I brought up.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:17 PM   #121
LiUsAiDh

Kids under 18 also have brains. If they want a gun they'll get one. They probably can scrape together enough brain cells to steal their gun toting parents' one.

Why can't armed security just carry tasers, why the need to kill?

Old 08-24-2008, 01:19 PM   #122
Deadmanwalking_05

You just look for people to blame don't you?
Old 08-24-2008, 01:20 PM   #123
Saya

But as stated they can get them at gun shows where as long as you claim that the guns are from your private collection and you are a hobbyist you don't have to do a background check on the person you are selling it to. It was very very easy for the boys at Columbine.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:21 PM   #124
LiUsAiDh

What? Are we onto personal insults already?

Edit, directed at deadman thingy, not Saya....

Old 08-24-2008, 01:24 PM   #125
Deadmanwalking_05

You still have to show proof of age before the firearm is exchanged for cash.