Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
Mr.Doobie

Stevie Wonder

Arguably the greatest artist to grace the Motown Label (and that's saying a lot) and definitely one of the greatest pop musicians of all time, Stevie Wonder is a complete and utter fucking boss. This thread is here to pay respect to Mr. Wonder and his unapproachable bossness.

As my first order of business, I would like to say that Stevie Wonder's original "Higher Ground" kicks the nuts of the Red Hot Chili Peppers version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wZ3ZG_Wams

For all the Peppers brash energy, they just can't match Stevie Wonders impenetrable swag. The groove of this track is just so delicious.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
Ben Lahnger

I am so in agreement with you on this. When I first heard "Higher Ground" and "Superstitious" and "Living For The City", they kicked my ass!

Living For The City (live from 1974)

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
Grausamkeit

Doobz are you just now getting into Stevie Wonder? I admit, I like his music. I got to listen to it growing up.

'Cherie Amour' has always been my favourite....don't tell people I'm really a big, sensitive, softy...I'll have to bite your face off.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Doobz are you just now getting into Stevie Wonder?
Pfffffft.

So what, now I have to just recently discover an artist to make a thread about how awesome they are? Nazi.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #5
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Doobie View Post
Pfffffft.

So what, now I have to just recently discover an artist to make a thread about how awesome they are? Nazi.
Isn't that what I just said, goddamnit??? Plus, people who have recently discovered a certain artist are normally more enthusiastic about them and start threads about them.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote