Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-23-2008, 11:12 AM   #26
Rosie

Most of the conservatism as well as perversion in Japan comes from the older generation. The xenophobia especially seems to be an over 40s thing. In 20 or so years, Japan will probably be considerably more progressive than the US, unless the US gets it's ass in gear. The younger generation are genuinely a lot more "Innocent" than the older perverts. Culture isn't that simple. Japan is a place where the young and old clash heavily, it just doesn't happen as openly as it did in the 60s, 70s, 80s in the US.
Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:30 PM   #27
Splintered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megansmom
I didn't beat the womans arse tho I felt like it and yes it would have been because she was acting like a pedophile And yes she does tell the girls she straight and as far as the guys go well they are teenagers and they never really grow up
Quote:
At JACON i thought I was going to have to press stalking charges on 1 woman, in her 20s, after I beat her ass because she kept stalking and hitting on my daughter.
Madame, you have officially been caught lying.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:42 PM   #28
Oblivious Nexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splintered
*applauds* Bravo =)
Oblivious Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #29
Megansmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by threnody
Question...if you had a gay son and heterosexual woman were visibily attracted to him, would that bother you?
Yes, if he said he was gay and didn't want her hanging on him or hitting on him... then it would bother me very much. Since I do have a gay son, it's happened all the same. The difference there was he wanted to handle it himself and she wasn't following him around everywhere, even when found out and told to go away.
((That and he wasn't nearly as frightened))

Quote:
I was saying that I felt like kicking her arse.
Megansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:34 PM   #30
GothicChristian

Oh my gee, was this stalker a certain female Axel? Please tell me I'm not the only one that had an issue with that woman.

Oh, and, from what I read, they didn't stay at the rave any longer than I did. That means it wasn't very likely the stalking started there.

If it was that Axel, I was seriously freaked out too. Perhaps she was only that way because of the alcohol? She seemed okay for the five minutes I saw her that she was sober. (She seemed a bit shocked at her own behavior.)
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:35 PM   #31
Megansmom

Since my being a third party transfer of questions for my daughter is found as offensive to some I will be letting my daughter ask her own questions from now on but she will be using my account. So whenever you see megansmom it could be either of us.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:38 PM   #32
Megansmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splintered
Actually ,no, I just used bad grammer. I never meant to imply that I did beat her arse only that I thought I might have to.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:50 PM   #33
Megansmom

You were at JCON? Wow . Did you have fun? Cause I found it to be the worse con I've ever been to. We've been conning for 4 years.
Did you see the Vampire hunter Dude? That costume was awesome. He was a nice guy and he'll be at Metro Con in July.
As far as the stalker chick I had to go out of my way to avoid her. She was drunk when she grabbed me and hugged me in front of my Mom saying she wished I was older cause I was cute. I thought mom was going to go through the roof. Good thing my dad wasn't there we probably would have been bailing him out of jail.
As My Mom said she was just posting my questions because she does screen everything before she allows me to do it. I'm sorry if some of you thought she was trying to ask for parenting advice but she did word her questions to look that way. Told her to say I wanted to know but does she listen to me? You guys still didn't have to be so rude in your answers.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #34
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
But I'll be glad to let her know that the gothic community is as closed minded as everybody else and that her questions are no longer to be posted. Poor girl there is no gothic community here and she just wanted others advice besides mine because I'm just a mom what do know
that just fucking makes me sad. How about letting her in this place so that she's not going through her mother for 'authoritative gothic advice', but rather gets friendly afvice from her friends the goths!
Like this, we simply can't relate to her.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:10 PM   #35
threnody

Quote:
As My Mom said she was just posting my questions because she does screen everything before she allows me to do it. I'm sorry if some of you thought she was trying to ask for parenting advice but she did word her questions to look that way. Told her to say I wanted to know but does she listen to me? You guys still didn't have to be so rude in your answers.

Well, I'm profoundly confused.
threnody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #36
GothicChristian

Quote:
You were at JCON? Wow . Did you have fun? Cause I found it to be the worse con I've ever been to. We've been conning for 4 years.
Did you see the Vampire hunter Dude? That costume was awesome. He was a nice guy and he'll be at Metro Con in July.
As far as the stalker chick I had to go out of my way to avoid her. She was drunk when she grabbed me and hugged me in front of my Mom saying she wished I was older cause I was cute. I thought mom was going to go through the roof. Good thing my dad wasn't there we probably would have been bailing him out of jail.
We must be too cute for our own good.
I must say that I agree with you about JACON being bad, I can't wait until metro though.
I swear, I'll one day marry that guy! Did you know he made the entire costume, from hat too boot, himself!? He told me his family was in theater, so he had access to what he needed to make them. We had a nice conversation about the difference between being friendly and being a weirdo. It ended in "Hugging, with permission, is okay, random groping is not."
Old 05-23-2008, 03:21 PM   #37
Despanan

Quote:
You guys still didn't have to be so rude in your answers.
Welcome to the internet.

Honestly I've been coming across as a bit harsh in my posts today (sorry about that), but for the most part the responses your mom received here have been incredibly tame. Most other places she'd probably be told to get cancer/die in a fire/kill herself at least once in nearly every response.

People on the internet are dicks, even the nice ones.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:25 PM   #38
Megansmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by threnody
Well, I'm profoundly confused.
My Mom won't let me have my own account so I asked her to ask a question for me. Instead of posting it for me she wrote it like it was for her. I told her not to but you know how moms are they think they know everything.
She wasn't going to let me have my own account and she still won't , but she will let me use hers. That way she can screen me when I am online.
Some people were rude but others were nice. She got a little ticked but after calming down she said there was more good people here than jerks.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:31 PM   #39
Megansmom

thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan
Welcome to the internet.

Honestly I've been coming across as a bit harsh in my posts today (sorry about that), but for the most part the responses your mom received here have been incredibly tame. Most other places she'd probably be told to get cancer/die in a fire/kill herself at least once in nearly every response.

People on the internet are dicks, even the nice ones.
Thank you for the welcome and the honesty. I'll try to remember that in the future. And Mom says that's ok she was not so nice too and will try to do better.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:37 PM   #40
threnody

Quote:
My Mom won't let me have my own account so I asked her to ask a question for me. Instead of posting it for me she wrote it like it was for her. I told her not to but you know how moms are they think they know everything.
She wasn't going to let me have my own account and she still won't , but she will let me use hers. That way she can screen me when I am online.
Some people were rude but others were nice. She got a little ticked but after calming down she said there was more good people here than jerks.

thanks for clearing that up.

I can't speak for anybody else, but I'm usually more helpful when I think I'm helping a worried teenager.
threnody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:38 PM   #41
Megansmom

That is so cool. He was hot, wasn't he? Do you know what he's going to be at Metro? Did you get an email or a name ? How old was he? Did he have a girlfriend or was he gay like most of the rest of the guys there?
Now I sound like a stalker. LOL. sorry. Hey what were you at con? I went as Rukia on Friday and just wore a green kimono on Saturday till the fantasy ball then I wore a black and red velvet gown. Which I wore to the rave too. That was awful. The dance club was better.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:40 PM   #42
Graveyard.Crow

Parents that are this over protective and screen everything their kids do really piss me off. I don't CARE that you think it's for their own good, I don't care that you think you have the right just because they are your kid. Kids are people too, and they need their privacy.
I'm 17 so I am a bit biased, but this is just utterly absurd. The lest you can do is let your daughter do what she wants on the INTERNET. I can't even imagine how overbearing you must be in everything else she wants to do.
My mom used to be similar to that and it almost tore our relationship apart because I just couldn't take it.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:41 PM   #43
Splintered

Quote:
Actually ,no, I just used bad grammer. I never meant to imply that I did beat her arse only that I thought I might have to.
There's a distinct difference between "after I beat her ass", and "I thought about it". This is not the simple difference between "Its food", and "It's food", they are two distinct sentences.

I find it incredibly difficult to believe you.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #44
Graveyard.Crow

Among other things
Old 05-23-2008, 03:50 PM   #45
GothicChristian

Quote:
That is so cool. He was hot, wasn't he? Do you know what he's going to be at Metro? Did you get an email or a name ? How old was he? Did he have a girlfriend or was he gay like most of the rest of the guys there?
Now I sound like a stalker. LOL. sorry. Hey what were you at con? I went as Rukia on Friday and just wore a green kimono on Saturday till the fantasy ball then I wore a black and red velvet gown. Which I wore to the rave too. That was awful. The dance club was better.
The sleeveless gown? I think I saw you if that's it, mine was better though!
I changed for the rave, I thought it would be better than it was.(The one at metro is actually kind of fun)
I was the one that was with Belldandy and a casually dressed person. I changed too many times to remember what I wore all the time. Sunday I was in PJs, though.

As for your questions, he was straight, he was eighteen, but currently has a girlfriend. He was a real intelligent guy too, you don't see many of them in this area. I wish I wasn't a minor at times like these, then I wouldn't feel so much like a silly little school girl. Le sigh, I knew I forgot something! I should have gotten his email or number!
Old 05-23-2008, 04:28 PM   #46
Lolly PopMuzik

I like how this devolved from being called out for overexaggerating and lying on a banal "Help me parent, Internet" post to who wore what at an anime con. :P
Old 05-23-2008, 05:14 PM   #47
emeraldlonewoulf

Megansmom: have you thought about going ahead and letting your daughter have her own account? If you use the search function and enter her username, it will bring up her posts anyway, and then you can still check over her online convos while eliminating the confusion that starts with two different people using the same username. just a thought.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 05:32 PM   #48
Graveyard.Crow

Or just leave her alone and let her post without a mom watching her every move?
Old 05-23-2008, 05:56 PM   #49
Solumina

To be honest I think it kind of sucks that the two of you are both using the same account.

To the actual mom: I know that you want your princes to be safe (honestly that was not sarcastic) but this way we all get confused as to who is doing what and we have no idea of either of your personalities, so it is impossible to form any sort of friendship and/or trust with either of you. This site is about as safe as it can get (es every now and then we use less than polite language but nothing that your daughter hasn't heard before) and so it would be a good place to give her a bit of freedom to explore the subculture on her own.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:59 PM   #50
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow
Or just leave her alone and let her post without a mom watching her every move?
That's often how kids end up getting hurt.
Reality: kids under 18 have a right to loving parents and a safe home. That's it. No, you do NOT have the right to privacy.

And, apparently, even WITH her mother right there watching her every move, a woman came and made sexual advances that made the girl uncomfortable. Do you think the situation would have been better if her mother was a "cool mom" and let her daughter go to the rave alone?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote