Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 12-09-2008, 04:38 PM   #126
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekajo
lmao
Carry on.
Jah, man. Fook Reggae. I um a ROCKA. Jah.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #127
Felreaper

Well, Albert Mond, you have proven yourself the trolliest troll of all, now go away
Felreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:46 PM   #128
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felreaper
Well, Albert Mond, you have proven yourself the trolliest troll of all, now go away
You're quite naive to believe such a thing. How about I give you free candy to switch sides?
Old 12-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #129
Felreaper

Sure! But I must warn you, there is a possibility I'm lying just to get that fuckin' candy!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 04:51 PM   #130
Felreaper

At a loss for words then?
Old 12-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #131
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Sure! But I must warn you, there is a possibility I'm lying just to get that fuckin' candy!!!
Yeah... I think I'm keeping the candy.
urthuchanathhole:'(
Old 12-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #132
Felreaper

Damn You!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 04:53 PM   #133
Felreaper

*grabs for the candy*
Old 12-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #134
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
At a loss for words then?
To martyr yourself to caution is not going to help at all. Because there'll be no safety in numbers when the right one walks out of the door.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #135
Felreaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
To martyr yourself to caution is not going to help at all. Because there'll be no safety in numbers when the right one walks out of the door.
Mhm, quite deep... HAHAHAAA~!
Old 12-09-2008, 04:56 PM   #136
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Mhm, quite deep... HAHAHAAA~!
Yup. That's how you know it's not me.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:56 PM   #137
Felreaper

Well, this is becoming quite mundane...
Old 12-09-2008, 05:51 PM   #138
stolide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsing the Son
Stolide also agreed with me and said you're wrong. So shut up.
I agreed with you on what is currently defined metal. I am also saying that what was once metal may (or may not) be considered metal at the moment. So Albert's argument may be correct if applied to the standards at a previous date. However, since this conversation is obviously taking place now, and is about metal now, the only thing that matters is the current state of metal.

I do find it funny that my agreeing with you means that Albert should shut up. Is my opinion really that important? :P
stolide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:00 PM   #139
Eclipsing the Son

Quote:
EtS is the troll here.
Read through this thread again and explain how I'm a troll. Because I disagree with you?
Eclipsing the Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:38 PM   #140
Eclipsing the Son

Cowardly troll won't attempt conversation with me.

He still burns from the last time I forced him to bury his pride before his peers in shame.
Eclipsing the Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:54 AM   #141
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetheanBlacklight
Heavier is how you play, not how you tune.
Heavier is a lot of things, but a drop-D sounds heavier than a normal E simply because it's a lower frequency. I would've made a point of Sabbath's slow, doom tempos, but that's only one thing that makes them heavier and a great portion of Metal is breakneck speed. The tuning was just an easy and fairly universal example, obviously tuning down a step isn't an enormous difference as opposed to drop-B tunings used by Sunn O))) or drop-A and drop-G, but it is heavier than E-standard.

This video is an example: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JgsO3A_vbtk
Wait until he uses the D-TUNA and you'll see the difference that Albert Mond seems entirely ignorant of.

Quote:
I am. If you listen to pure Hard Rock, as opposed to the Heavy Metal are of Hard Rock, you can tell that there's a difference between Led Zeppelin and the Yardbirds.
What's real Hard Rock, then, Albert? You redefine Heavy Metal to be this, this, this, this and THIS because Wiki told you that this utterly reliable article said Led Zeppelin were Metal. It also said that Pink Floyd were Metal. See why we were skeptical about your Wiki source? Wikipedia is full of culturally retarded people who hope you're not going to click the citation links. With this in mind, I don't want to stick to your idea of what real Hard Rock is.

Quote:
By my logic, you aren't worth taking seriously when talking about a band whose name you can't spell.
You wouldn't be disregarding people's opinions based on typos if they agreed with you. Man, you suck.

Quote:
Most people don't have to think about grammar.
Most people don't ever have to remember how to spell words? You're a riot, Mond.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:59 AM   #142
Darth Nihilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolide
To be perfectly honest, I don't know what good metal is.
All have different uses.
For the most part, I find steel, copper, and aluminum to be the most useful, though there is something to be said about brass and nickle.
Darth Nihilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:02 AM   #143
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Nihilus
All have different uses.
For the most part, I find steel, copper, and aluminum to be the most useful, though there is something to be said about brass and nickle.
I have never heard this joke before!
Old 12-10-2008, 03:41 AM   #144
Darth Nihilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
I have never heard this joke before!
Ah sarcasm, a tool to be used as a surgeons knife, or the club of an ogre. I'll let you pick which one you fall into.
Darth Nihilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:48 AM   #145
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Nihilus
Ah sarcasm, a tool to be used as a surgeons knife, or the club of an ogre. I'll let you pick which one you fall into.
Well, at least this retort hasn't been in circulation for nearly forty years.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:23 AM   #146
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Heavier is a lot of things, but a drop-D sounds heavier than a normal E simply because it's a lower frequency. I would've made a point of Sabbath's slow, doom tempos, but that's only one thing that makes them heavier and a great portion of Metal is breakneck speed. The tuning was just an easy and fairly universal example, obviously tuning down a step isn't an enormous difference as opposed to drop-B tunings used by Sunn O))) or drop-A and drop-G, but it is heavier than E-standard.

This video is an example: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JgsO3A_vbtk
Wait until he uses the D-TUNA and you'll see the difference that Albert Mond seems entirely ignorant of.
Wrong. I said Drop D sounded heavier. I also said that it doesn't dictate that that all Sabbath is Heavier than all Zeppelin merely based on tuning.
Quote:
What's real Hard Rock, then, Albert? You redefine Heavy Metal to be this, this, this, this and THIS because Wiki told you that this utterly reliable article said Led Zeppelin were Metal. It also said that Pink Floyd were Metal. See why we were skeptical about your Wiki source? Wikipedia is full of culturally retarded people who hope you're not going to click the citation links. With this in mind, I don't want to stick to your idea of what real Hard Rock is.
God. I also cited NPR among other things. The thing is that you have this infantile all-or-nothing perspective, when not all of Sabbath's stuff was even Metal. And it never once calls Pink Floyd "metal". It calls them a "big name in rock" which they were.
Quote:
You wouldn't be disregarding people's opinions based on typos if they agreed with you. Man, you suck.
You're right. I'd be correcting them because they'd make my reliability look bad if they agreed with me.
Quote:
Most people don't ever have to remember how to spell words? You're a riot, Mond.
Spelling comes naturally to me.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:28 AM   #147
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
God. I also cited NPR among other things. The thing is that you have this infantile all-or-nothing perspective, when not all of Sabbath's stuff was even Metal. And it never once calls Pink Floyd "metal". It calls them a "big name in rock" which they were.
Oh. And at the end it cites them as an influence to the genre. This statement is entirely true, however. What they did get wrong is the spelling of "Motley Crue" (yes, I know there are supposed to be umlauts).
Old 12-10-2008, 06:45 AM   #148
JCC

One kinda-Hard Rock song from an obscure soundtrack to a 60s B-movie doesn't make them an influence on Metal, though I will admit that I misinterpreted the article a little regarding Pink Floyd.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:47 AM   #149
JCC

Also, that article's segment on Black Metal says 'a lot of Death Metal [sic] comes from Sweden', I'm hereby throwing them further into disrepute as regards their Metal sageliness.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:23 AM   #150
Necrophagist

Sunn O sound heavy mainly, because of their heavy use of distortion. That is also a factor, which determines the ' heaviness ' of a song.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote