Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:47 AM   #301
da fetus

Sarah's lying, it's totally true. Go for it!!
da fetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:33 AM   #302
Fae-wolf

nothing turns me on anymore.....:/
Fae-wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:18 AM   #303
Joker_in_the_Pack

Wow... water kills sperm... RIIIIIGHT

That makes perfect sense, you know, as long as you ignore everything about sperm cells, including the fact that THEY CAN SWIM!

Idiot.

Honestly, I wish there was a pill for guys. It just seems fair, you know? Plus, she's on the pill, I'm on the pill, then there's almost no chance in hell of pregnancy. If you had a kid after all that, he's going to take over the world.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:19 AM   #304
dabbadmc

I read somewhere that a pill for men is in development. I couldn't provide you with a source (you could try google) but it temporarily stops sperm development without affecting testosterone levels etc. So, your wish may come true in the next few years or so!
dabbadmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #305
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post

That makes perfect sense, you know, as long as you ignore everything about sperm cells, including the fact that THEY CAN SWIM!

Idiot.

Honestly, I wish there was a pill for guys. It just seems fair, you know? Plus, she's on the pill, I'm on the pill, then there's almost no chance in hell of pregnancy. If you had a kid after all that, he's going to take over the world.
Or be born retarded or unable to sit up straight because of all the chemicals, haha.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #306
viscus

Quote:
I read years ago that there was a drug ready for FDA trials, but then I never heard anything about it again.

The pill for women is comparatively easy, you only have to take care of 1-2 eggs per month. Us guys produce a couple hundred million sperm per day, a significantly harder operation to shut down completely.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:57 PM   #307
Mir

A vasectomy is a good recourse.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #308
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Or be born retarded or unable to sit up straight because of all the chemicals, haha.
Yeah, then he'd run as a politician and attack a country that produces a valuable resource.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

Old 05-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #309
Pineapple_Juice

To Yvette_Du_Pointe:

Dunno if someone already mentioned this but your chance of breast cancer increases by such an idiotically small amount that ir really doesn't matter-they just have to mention it. Also, immediately upon ceasing the pill taking, your risk drops right back to where it was before you were on the pill. Also, birth control actually makes it LESS likely for you to get other kinds of things such as ovarian cancer.

I dunno how old you are but if you've been on the pill for five years you're not young enough to be as stupid as you are about sex.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:02 AM   #310
Yvette_Du_Pointe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
To Yvette_Du_Pointe:

Dunno if someone already mentioned this but your chance of breast cancer increases by such an idiotically small amount that ir really doesn't matter-they just have to mention it. Also, immediately upon ceasing the pill taking, your risk drops right back to where it was before you were on the pill. Also, birth control actually makes it LESS likely for you to get other kinds of things such as ovarian cancer.

I dunno how old you are but if you've been on the pill for five years you're not young enough to be as stupid as you are about sex.
I already said, I'm 17 years old.
I was born on the 23rd of September, 1991.
My parents, as I'm sure I already mentioned, immedeatly assume things if I start talking about them. If I talk to them about sex, they immedeatly assume that I'm having sex. They're fucking Catholics. I can't talk to them about anything. So, I can't find out from them, the resources I have are shit and I'm not about to risk my Mum finding out that I've been to the Doctor (she has her ways) about this. Sex.Ed was about as useful as a chocolate fire truck when it came to informing us about sex. I went to a school in Dundee called St. Saviours. No prizes for guessing what kind of school that was.
Yvette_Du_Pointe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:08 AM   #311
dabbadmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette_Du_Pointe View Post
I already said, I'm 17 years old.
I was born on the 23rd of September, 1991.
My parents, as I'm sure I already mentioned, immedeatly assume things if I start talking about them. If I talk to them about sex, they immedeatly assume that I'm having sex. They're fucking Catholics. I can't talk to them about anything. So, I can't find out from them, the resources I have are shit and I'm not about to risk my Mum finding out that I've been to the Doctor (she has her ways) about this. Sex.Ed was about as useful as a chocolate fire truck when it came to informing us about sex. I went to a school in Dundee called St. Saviours. No prizes for guessing what kind of school that was.
Don't paint all Catholics with the same brush just because your parents jump to conclusions. My parents are Catholics and I can talk to them about anything, even sex, without them jumping to conclusions. The same goes with my school. I attend a Catholic school yet they are willing to provide great information about sex, the dangers, and protection methods etc.

Honestly, if you can't use your parents or school for information, use magazines or the internet. The resources are endless.
dabbadmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #312
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabbadmc View Post
Honestly, if you can't use your parents or school for information, use magazines or the internet. The resources are endless.
Not all of the resources out there are good ones, many have false information either because they are trying to scare people away from having sex or simply because they haven't really done much research and are posting what they think of as "common knowledge." The WHO is an excellent resource that you can easily access through their website and they also have links to other reputable sources of information, though I will admit that navigation through their site can be a bit obnoxious.

Also about the pill giving you breast cancer, the main reason why it has been mentioned so much in the past two years is because of progesterone only pills having a slightly higher risk of breast cancer and because the patch and the ring both gave off more hormones than previously thought and also have higher cancer risks but all of them are still very minimal and are outweighed by the reduced risk of ovarian and endometrial cancer (which they cut in half) unless you have a strong family history of breast cancer.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #313
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Not all of the resources out there are good ones, many have false information either because they are trying to scare people away from having sex or simply because they haven't really done much research and are posting what they think of as "common knowledge." The WHO is an excellent resource that you can easily access through their website and they also have links to other reputable sources of information, though I will admit that navigation through their site can be a bit obnoxious.

Also about the pill giving you breast cancer, the main reason why it has been mentioned so much in the past two years is because of progesterone only pills having a slightly higher risk of breast cancer and because the patch and the ring both gave off more hormones than previously thought and also have higher cancer risks but all of them are still very minimal and are outweighed by the reduced risk of ovarian and endometrial cancer (which they cut in half) unless you have a strong family history of breast cancer.
Too true, I could never ever talk to my parents about sex, and while my school was great about sex ed (it was mandatory during grade 7, 8, and 9 and you learn about it again in biology and family living if you take these courses in high school), there's no lack of info out there, but you do have to be careful where your sources come from.

Yvette, if you want to see a website that will treat you like you're a dumbass and know nothing of sex, I offer you the website we had to use in highschool and that is actually advertised on tv here in Canada: http://sexualityandu.ca/home_e.aspx It kinda seems condescending in some places there, but I guess it was geared towards those who didn't get sex ed in school and believe things like lets say, water kills sperm.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #314
Saya

Quote:

Idiot.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8033218.stm
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #315
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Oh, sweeeeeet.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #316
Delkaetre

So. This weekend coincides *perfectly* with my period's arrival. I am seeing both my lovely lady friend and my lovely Gentleman, and my parts are out of order. I get the chance for sex only once a week, and the chance for the company of Gent and lady rather less often, and this means I have to skip it! Certainly I still have my oral skills, but damn it! That's just not the same as actual sex!

(and no, I can't have sex on the red, it's actually very uncomfortable)
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #317
MollyMac

If it is a physical discomfort, then there' little besides Midol. But if the blood is the crux, there's a product here in the states called "Insteads" for the period sex thang. they are similar to a diaphragm, thay control the car wreck aspect.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:24 AM   #318
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre View Post
So. This weekend coincides *perfectly* with my period's arrival. I am seeing both my lovely lady friend and my lovely Gentleman, and my parts are out of order. I get the chance for sex only once a week, and the chance for the company of Gent and lady rather less often, and this means I have to skip it! Certainly I still have my oral skills, but damn it! That's just not the same as actual sex!

(and no, I can't have sex on the red, it's actually very uncomfortable)
Why do you get the chance for sex only once a week?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:24 PM   #319
Delkaetre

Because there's nothing local that I want that isn't already both monogamous and taken, and I can't afford to travel into London on weeknights only to come back out of London in the morning for work. And I certainly can't afford to travel even further out to West Sussex.
So I'm left with weekends to go and play. My two lovelies are both also employed and unable to get out to my miserable bit of Chelmsford on work nights.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote