Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:01 AM   #1
Deadmanwalking_05

Deadmanwalking Presents the following: Food For Thought

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-CrNlilZho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VebOTc-7shU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klqv9t1zVww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymfBnky8kMY

Check these out if you want.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:33 AM   #2
Beneath the Shadows

You lie! There was no food!!!

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:20 AM   #3
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows View Post
You lie! There was no food!!!
Surely you jest...there is a feast for the mind contained in those links enjoy,and do share with others.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
Heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05 View Post
Check these out if you want.
I kind of wish I hadn't bothered; the rhetoric was quite predictable.

What is so earth-shatteringly revelatory about the idea of cabals, secret societies, consolidations of power and their influence over various aspect of human societies? Has this not always been the case? My question is: how does the current political and economic climate differ from what has come before?

My general problem with this sort of thing is the conceit that, after all this time, we are FINALLY at the edge of the precipice and that we are facing the end of all that we know unless we rise up and avert a calamity of epic proportions. Read your history: every generation in every society has had its activists who have made the same claims, with the same urgency. Whether at the beginning of a golden age, in the middle of a society's lifespan, or on the cusp of a new age, the warning against the dire consequences inaction will help to usher in do not change.

I suspect that this sort of fearmongering is the product of myopic viewpoints brought about by a recognition of individual mortality; some people simply project their own realization of the finite nature of our existence onto society as a whole. Suddenly, to them, EVERYTHING is under threat and faces possible extermination at the hands of a faceless, all-encompassing entity they feel powerless to oppose (Y2K and 2012 hype, anyone?).

Rather than staring at one small, negative aspect of human society, look at the bigger picture. The human condition changes and grows, getting better, getting worse, moving on and evolving. This was the case before we here were all born, and it will be the case long after we are all dust. The current agents of entropy du jour are just small parts of that process, not the end of all things.

- Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
Despanan

Just put him on "ignore" Heretic. He never posts anything of substance, and it's really not worth the time to argue with him as no one takes anything he says seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:16 AM   #6
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I kind of wish I hadn't bothered; the rhetoric was quite predictable.

What is so earth-shatteringly revelatory about the idea of cabals, secret societies, consolidations of power and their influence over various aspect of human societies? Has this not always been the case? My question is: how does the current political and economic climate differ from what has come before?

My general problem with this sort of thing is the conceit that, after all this time, we are FINALLY at the edge of the precipice and that we are facing the end of all that we know unless we rise up and avert a calamity of epic proportions. Read your history: every generation in every society has had its activists who have made the same claims, with the same urgency. Whether at the beginning of a golden age, in the middle of a society's lifespan, or on the cusp of a new age, the warning against the dire consequences inaction will help to usher in do not change.

I suspect that this sort of fearmongering is the product of myopic viewpoints brought about by a recognition of individual mortality; some people simply project their own realization of the finite nature of our existence onto society as a whole. Suddenly, to them, EVERYTHING is under threat and faces possible extermination at the hands of a faceless, all-encompassing entity they feel powerless to oppose (Y2K and 2012 hype, anyone?).

Rather than staring at one small, negative aspect of human society, look at the bigger picture. The human condition changes and grows, getting better, getting worse, moving on and evolving. This was the case before we here were all born, and it will be the case long after we are all dust. The current agents of entropy du jour are just small parts of that process, not the end of all things.

- Heretic
But were all those "activists" wrong when things did take a nose dive in their respective portion of written human history?

Old 06-12-2010, 01:27 AM   #7
Ben Lahnger

How is it people keep saying ignore him ... but for nearly every new post there seem to be some people who DON'T IGNORE HIM????

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:41 AM   #8
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
How is it people keep saying ignore him ... but for nearly every new post there seem to be some people who DON'T IGNORE HIM????
Possible Reasons for that...

#1: It's a Morbid curiosity on the part of G.Net Members and G.Net Lurkers alike.

#2: My very being here is having some sort of effect that scares the living hell out of you guys (The Usual Suspects of course and you know who the fuck I'm talking about, you're probably reading this right now,and thinking about posting a snide remark in response).

#3: Everybody indeed as suggested by other members (Again the Usual Suspects),thinks I'm bat shit insane.

OR

#4: Have actually grown to like me because I don't really give up that easy on a number of issues,and maybe in some half ass kind of way they identify with me on some level even though they hate to admit it at times ?....?....?

I don't know the answer to that,I just do what I do,people keep checking it out,and posting replies.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:25 AM   #9
Methadrine

You forgot #5, that this place is a forum and all forums need some quirky characters that aren't cookie-cutter forumites in order to keep its content fresh and interesting and not stale as a british toast the morning after.

Oh, and you should post more about Honda ATV's etc. That's interesting stuff that no one ever talks about in all the doom'n'gloom goffic threads. Makes this place a more natural place for discussions and it showed that you got other interests than just the shit management in the crazy bat-farm.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:52 AM   #10
Heretic

My mistake; I'm here infrequently and I responded before I realized who started this thread. I'll avoid that mistake in the future.

- Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:29 AM   #11
Deadmanwalking_05

Chis Mathews Hit Piece...hosted by Alex Jones part1 of 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00jZc...eature=related

Old 06-29-2010, 12:11 AM   #12
Deadmanwalking_05

How I feel the majority of the time on here,like I'm warning a bunch of folks to get clear of the tracks and none want to listen.

http://www.infowars.com/animation-on-the-wrong-track/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgYf_...layer_embedded

Old 07-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #13
Deadmanwalking_05

United We Fall

http://www.infowars.com/united-we-fall/

July 4, 2010

A film by Bryan Law and Dan Dicks “United We Fall” is a documentary about the North American Union that is being developed right now between Canada, the United States, and Mexico. For years this topic has been debated in the news and in political circles as being a possible future for North America. In recent years, the mood has shifted and a rift is developing between those who want a Deeply Integrated North American Community, and those who wish to retain their national sovereignty. This film takes a look at both sides by interviewing both insiders and activists who have been at the heart of this heated debate. The film also looks to the broader agenda of building a world government and its implications. Featured Interviews: Robert Pastor (Council on Foreign Relations), Allan Gotlieb (Trilateral Commission, Bilderberg) Herbert Grubel (Creator of the “Amero”) Luke Rudkowski (We Are Change) Dan Dicks (Press For Truth) Vijay Sarma (Political Activist, Independent Journalist) Dr. Andrew Moulden (Canadian Action Party) Richard Syrett (Talk Radio Host)

(Video 1 of 12 Would Be Here)

Watch the whole movie here...

http://www.pressfortruth.ca/news_dtl...id=124&catid=1