Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #26
6SixSick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Spade View Post
Why Are You Glad?
'Cause I'm a big headed mo'fo lol.
6SixSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #27
JJ_Spade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SixSick View Post
'Cause I'm a big headed mo'fo lol.
Lol, I Dont See You As Big Headed.
JJ_Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #28
6SixSick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Spade View Post
Lol, I Dont See You As Big Headed.
It's very rare, but I have my moments lol
Old 02-26-2011, 11:55 AM   #29
JJ_Spade

Quote:
It's very rare, but I have my moments lol
Well Its Only Natural To Be That Way Sometimes, Dont Worry...Your A Dove In My Eyes. I Sent You A Visitor Message Btw, Sometimes I Don't Notice Them Right Away Myself Lol
Old 02-27-2011, 11:15 AM   #30
Cat Stark

I put that I was ignoring it, because it made me mad, so I had to put something to stop myself from calling you all kinds of bad names.
I am very defensive of Iron Man.
I do not know how to build a computer, so all the parts and peaces would be meaningless to me. I would have no idea how to put them together. Also I have no real interest in learning how.
Cat Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #31
6SixSick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Stark View Post
I put that I was ignoring it, because it made me mad, so I had to put something to stop myself from calling you all kinds of bad names.
I am very defensive of Iron Man.
I do not know how to build a computer, so all the parts and peaces would be meaningless to me. I would have no idea how to put them together. Also I have no real interest in learning how.
Meh I can't stand Iron Man. I am however a big Marvel Comics geek so I would be glad to have a debate on him To be fair I didn't really like the Avengers much, until they got all modern, but then Scarlet Witch did her thing, then there was Civil War and it all got a bit pear shaped after The Green Goblin took over lol.
Now The Avengers teams are actually cooler than The X-Men ffs.
I have a bad feeling that you're going to say you know nothing about Marvel Comics at all but just like Iron Man fromt he movies or something making all this typing here a bit of a waste of time.
Say it aint so Cat Stark!!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #32
Cat Stark

It is not so. I am a huge marvel fan and know more about The Marvel Universe then most girls.
I do know who the Avengers are and not just from the movies. I do not know how they are going to do Captain America's movie. After he becomes unfrozen he goes into a depression because he lived and his side-kick did not. I think Wolverine is awesome, but they messed up the Phoenix in the third movie.
I just love Iron Man because he is so smart, but still an ass, among other reasons.

I am fan of DC, but most of that is overdone. I only like Batman.
I am probably one of the only girls that I know of that knows there was three Robins. Not just Dick Grayson. There was also Jason Todd and
Tim Drake. No one seems to know about Jason Todd, because he was killed by the Joker. Even though he was the second Robin he is always skipped on the TV shows. Everyone knows about Dick Grayson because of the movies mostly. Also by being the first Robin. How many people know he grow up to become Nightwing (which he got from a historic Kryptonian crime fighter). Then Tim Drake takes over in most TV shows after he finds out Batman's true identity.

I also had read some of The Spirit comics before the movie came out. I was so happy I know who he was and so many people did not.

I am such a nerd. I try to forget that fact until it becomes painfully obvious when I talk about comic books. Sorry if I lost some people.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #33
6SixSick

Quote:
It is not so. I am a huge marvel fan and know more about The Marvel Universe then most girls.
I do know who the Avengers are and not just from the movies. I do not know how they are going to do Captain America's movie. After he becomes unfrozen he goes into a depression because he lived and his side-kick did not. I think Wolverine is awesome, but they messed up the Phoenix in the third movie.
I just love Iron Man because he is so smart, but still an ass, among other reasons.

I am fan of DC, but most of that is overdone. I only like Batman.
I am probably one of the only girls that I know of that knows there was three Robins. Not just Dick Grayson. There was also Jason Todd and
Tim Drake. No one seems to know about Jason Todd, because he was killed by the Joker. Even though he was the second Robin he is always skipped on the TV shows. Everyone knows about Dick Grayson because of the movies mostly. Also by being the first Robin. How many people know he grow up to become Nightwing (which he got from a historic Kryptonian crime fighter). Then Tim Drake takes over in most TV shows after he finds out Batman's true identity.

I also had read some of The Spirit comics before the movie came out. I was so happy I know who he was and so many people did not.

I am such a nerd. I try to forget that fact until it becomes painfully obvious when I talk about comic books. Sorry if I lost some people.
Good stuff, you didn't lose Me! I don't like Iron Man because even though he goes on like he's a super hero, he still sells weapons to he government which presumably go on to kill people which makes him a bit of a tosser in my book. Jason Todd came back as The Red Hood in batman, and then he went around imitating Batman, but using guns and killing the villains after Batman died.

Captain America's sidekick Bucky came back as the Winter Soldier. The Russians Defibbed him back to life believing he was Captain America, but used him as an assasin when they learned it wasn't him. He's called the Winter Soldier cause after each mission they put him in Cryogenic storage till the next one.

I think Nightwing is the coolest DC comic book hero. Gambit's the coolest Marvel Character for me though. Or maybe Black Panther though he's not used anyway near enough.

Yeah DC Characters are a bit hammy. When you're fighting a super strong villain called Amazo you've got to figure there's something wrong with your life lol
Old 02-28-2011, 11:25 PM   #34
JJ_Spade

LMAO!!! Amazo...So Classic Mr. Six!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:49 PM   #35
CptSternn

Quote:
When you're fighting a super strong villain called Amazo you've got to figure there's something wrong with your life lol
A super strong villain with an ASBO?
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #36
Cat Stark

Quote:
Good stuff, you didn't lose Me! I don't like Iron Man because even though he goes on like he's a super hero, he still sells weapons to he government which presumably go on to kill people which makes him a bit of a tosser in my book. Jason Todd came back as The Red Hood in batman, and then he went around imitating Batman, but using guns and killing the villains after Batman died.

Captain America's sidekick Bucky came back as the Winter Soldier. The Russians Defibbed him back to life believing he was Captain America, but used him as an assasin when they learned it wasn't him. He's called the Winter Soldier cause after each mission they put him in Cryogenic storage till the next one.

I think Nightwing is the coolest DC comic book hero. Gambit's the coolest Marvel Character for me though. Or maybe Black Panther though he's not used anyway near enough.

Yeah DC Characters are a bit hammy. When you're fighting a super strong villain called Amazo you've got to figure there's something wrong with your life lol
I am happy I did not lose you. It happens all the time with me.
As for Iron Man selling weapons, do you think that Batman and the Green Arrow do not sell weapons? They are no beater then Iron Man, he just has more personality flaws then they do, I mean they come from DC, almost all of them are pretty flat. At lest he is using his weapons to help people all over the world, not just their town. When Batman and Green Arrow are not with the JLI, they are mostly just solving local petty crime. Could you see Iron Man stopping a bank robber? It would be the funnest thing on Earth.

I totally agree with the Amazo thing. With some of the Heroes and villains in DC, it seemed like they pulled their names out of a hat, or they have really simple names that just describes what they look like or their power. Some of the names are cool, like the Black Canary, but most are not.
It is kind of sad.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #37
6SixSick

Quote:
I am happy I did not lose you. It happens all the time with me.
As for Iron Man selling weapons, do you think that Batman and the Green Arrow do not sell weapons? They are no beater then Iron Man, he just has more personality flaws then they do, I mean they come from DC, almost all of them are pretty flat. At lest he is using his weapons to help people all over the world, not just their town. When Batman and Green Arrow are not with the JLI, they are mostly just solving local petty crime. Could you see Iron Man stopping a bank robber? It would be the funnest thing on Earth.

I totally agree with the Amazo thing. With some of the Heroes and villains in DC, it seemed like they pulled their names out of a hat, or they have really simple names that just describes what they look like or their power. Some of the names are cool, like the Black Canary, but most are not.
It is kind of sad.

To my knowledge Green Arrow doesn't sell weapons anymore, as in a Marvel Dc crossover comic I've got he takes the mick out of Iron Man for being a weapons dealer. I'm not sure about Batman though as he hates guns it's feasible to say that he would only deal in the riot type gear that he uses in combat (With the exception of the flying gunship and motorbike stuff of course ). In the movies he might I'm not sure, but as we know movies rarely follow continuity of the comic books.

I've seen Iron Man take out one of Spiderman's villains. I think it was Lizard man or whatever he's called. That Doc Conners freak. He crushed him in about 2 seconds. Iron Man was kinda embarassed. Like "oops is this anyones'? I think it's dead." "(*^_^*)"

Best Dc Villain though. Hey we have a super intelligent Android like lifeform from Superman's world who has a 12th level intellect. Now what should we call him...................?
I know, Brainiac! Yes and that's a wrap people! Now let's all go down to a strip club and snort cocaine up our Creative Writing degrees!
Old 03-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #38
Cat Stark

Oh, my God! I can not believe you put that last part (true as it is)! That was so funny!

Anyway...
All I am saying is that no one is perfect. At lest he has some code of ethics, and that is a stretch saying we are talking about the Tony Stark.
I would love to see that Spiderman thing. That would be awesome, but it proves my point. There is no safe way for him to do that. He is just too powerful. Put him in a small room with anybody and he might accidentally kill it, if he wants to or not.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #39
6SixSick

Quote:
Oh, my God! I can not believe you put that last part (true as it is)! That was so funny!

Anyway...
All I am saying is that no one is perfect. At lest he has some code of ethics, and that is a stretch saying we are talking about the Tony Stark.
I would love to see that Spiderman thing. That would be awesome, but it proves my point. There is no safe way for him to do that. He is just too powerful. Put him in a small room with anybody and he might accidentally kill it, if he wants to or not.
Yeah never fist punch Iron Man you'll be pulling back a stump lol. He has his good and bad points I guess. Most of Marvel's villains have serious flaws. The more power or responsibility they have the more flaws they're given. Marvel is the natural counterpart to DC's whiter than white bread image. The only one who bugs out in The Justice league (for the most part) is Batman who every now and then goes a leetle bit mental and bits The Joker half to death.

Even Marvel's answers to Superman are flawed. First of all Gladiator of the Shi'ar, who featured heavily in the M'kraan crystal and dark Phoenix sagas (In the cartoons he was the one who beat up Juggernaut then threw him halfway across the British Isles) his flaw is his power relies entirely on his self confidence to the extent that even a much less powerful mutant called Cannonball ball beat him by tricking him into thinking he'd killed him with his most powerful punch then socking him one in the split second his confidence faltered.

And the relatively new Sentry who is severely mentally Ill and runs the risk of killing anyone should he snap at random.

That's why Captain America is the best hero in Marvel as he's strong enough to get the job done, but not so strong that he gets smacked with that Mental illness bug that affects Marvel heroes above class 80 strength.

If you want to see super heroes who are quite happy to kill though. I can strongly recommend Wildstorm/DC's series The Authority. Although at times they share DC creative staff they actually kill their villains instead of just locking them up.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #40
6SixSick

Just to quote out of one of the scenes two of the authority (Apollo and Midnighter) go to deal with super villains from another dimension.

Villain1 (looks like a rip off of doc oc lol): Superheroes! This world has superheroes! Now we can really have some FU- *caught short by midnighter being dropped by apollo and caving in his skull*
*Apollo then goes on to do a superman eyebeam thing kiklling about 20 villains in one go*

Villain2: They...They[i]killed[i] squid..

Villain3: They killed a lot more than fuckin' squid! This sorta shit aint funny!

Vllain4: Nah.... It doesn't matter how much of a badass you are, real superheroes don't kill.

Villain2: Right... They knock you around, lock you up, try to rehabilitate you... They don't-

Midnigher *throwing star in hand Apollo hovering meanicingly in background*:
'fraid we do things a little differently around here....

Lol!!
Old 03-02-2011, 02:36 PM   #41
Cat Stark

Batman is always one second from snapping.

I think Marvel is just more well thought out then DC.

Most of the Heroes in DC are way too perfect or powerful.
Most of Marvels heroes have some issues. Even Spiderman (who I do not see as being that powerful compared to some of the others; I have seen him get his ass handed to him more then once) feels responsible for his uncles death and blames himself for it.
Guilt is a big thing going around in Marvel Universe. Everyone seems to blame themselves for something at some point, but it just makes them stronger and more of a hero in the long run.
Mental illness or alcoholism gets most of them on Marvel.
It would be so funny if they made Superman drunk just one time. He would blow up the planet.
The worst thing DC can spring up is someone might have trust problems.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #42
Cat Stark

That's really cool!

But again, Marvel has been killing off villains for a long time. Almost every other hero has killed at some point.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #43
6SixSick

Quote:
That's really cool!

But again, Marvel has been killing off villains for a long time. Almost every other hero has killed at some point.
Yeah but they all come back.... Plus all the villains come back even Batroc the freakin' Leaper for Chrissakes!
Old 03-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #44
Cat Stark

I did not even know who that was. I had to Google it.
I meant latter on, that looked like an old comic.
Most of them like the Punisher, Dare Devil (those two are the most well known killers), so on, has killed at some point. In a Marvel comic every other page either has blood or someone making out.
I do not even think Superman was going out with Lois Lane until I was older.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #45
6SixSick

Quote:
Most of them like the Punisher, Dare Devil (those two are the most well known killers), so on, has killed at some point. In a Marvel comic every other page either has blood or someone making out.
Nah he was just doin' her 'till they made it official.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #46
6SixSick

Quote:
Erm I'm not sure about Dare Devil killing people.

In his own comics Wolverine kills every other guy he sees. Dare Devil merely smacks them around a bit with a club called Billy.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #47
Cat Stark

Quote:
Erm I'm not sure about Dare Devil killing people.

In his own comics Wolverine kills every other guy he sees. Dare Devil merely smacks them around a bit with a club called Billy.
In the movie and comics Dare Devil killed people. When people almost found out who he was, he got taken in for murder.
Wolverine can not help but kill people. It is not like his claws are made out of rubber.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #48
6SixSick

Quote:
In the movie and comics Dare Devil killed people. When people almost found out who he was, he got taken in for murder.
Wolverine can not help but kill people. It is not like his claws are made out of rubber.
Ah ah! No. In fact when he's in the X-men comics he hardly kills anyone, so he does have a choice. At the end of the day the man is a trained samurai, combat martial artist, and is proficient in most martial arts you care to name. If he kills someone it's because he wants to kill someone.

Is this the movie then comic of the movie? Cause I'm tellin I've not seen Daredevil kill anyone in the main comics and even if he has he takes no joy in it at all. Nowhere near as much joy as people like The Punisher, Wolvering, Deadpool, or even Cable.

Nah there's no way Daredevil is a preeminent Marvel Comics killer.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #49
JJ_Spade

Batman Might Be A Bit Crazy...But He Is My Favorite! Why Is He Crazy? Because He Don't Have One Super Power...He Can't Even Fly And He Still Hops Buildings And Shit! He Lives In A Gothic City, Has All Them Cool Gadgets, Sweet Car, And His Utility Belt Is Cool! I Wish I Had A Utility Belt. However, I Think Mine Would Contain Ninja Stars, My Cell Phone And Lip Gloss! Lol!

Any man may easily do harm, but not every man can do good to another. -Plato-
Old 03-04-2011, 12:23 AM   #50
CptSternn

Quote:
To my knowledge Green Arrow doesn't sell weapons anymore, as in a Marvel Dc crossover comic I've got he takes the mick out of Iron Man for being a weapons dealer.
The Tinkerer is the big weapons dealer now. Always has been really

Quote:
I'm not sure about Batman though as he hates guns it's feasible to say that he would only deal in the riot type gear that he uses in combat (With the exception of the flying gunship and motorbike stuff of course ).
Where have you been for the past few decades? Batman carries a .45 and even used it to kill one incarnation of the Joker if you remember back before Nightwing.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote