Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #1
Ben Lahnger

Thumbs up The Bargain Bin Cheap DVD Thread!

I'm putting this thread in Shill instead of the TV, Movies & Games section so we can include product links without any complaints or appearance of conflict.

So, I've started this thread on other sites, and thought it might be nice to have one here where we can all share info on good deals we've found on movies or TV shows on DVD. I know everyone can benefit from saving a buck or two, especially these days.

I am not suggesting this is a place to talk about where you can download movies from bit-torrent for free or buy cheap bootlegs of films or other illegal methods of not paying for a movie ... if you're going to suggest something like that, please just go start a different thread. If, however, you find a place that is legally offering to stream a movie of interest for free, by all means share it here!

---------------------------------

So I'll start. Two of my favorite places to look lately have been Walmart and Amazon. Well, the other day I saw something new at Walmart (all the movie links here show the Amazon listing for the films):

Walmart now has a $6 Blu-Ray bin!
YAY!

So I was able to pick up My Bloody Valentine 3D (with 4 pairs of 3D glasses and bonus digital copy disc) and Gone Baby Gone, both on Blu-Ray, for CHEAP!!! I also noticed Stargate (extended cut) and Total Recall in there, but I already own those films.

I also hit up Walmart's $5 DVD bin for copies of Beetlejuice, Natural Born Killers (2 disc unrated director's cut), The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, The Wrestler and V for Vendetta!

So there are some tremendous bargains out there right now for some wonderful films if you just look for them. Okay, I don't expect My Bloody Valentine 3D to be wonderful, but for $6 with the 3D glasses, I couldn't pass it up! Also, the chain of Big Lots stores has a ton of movies and TV shows on DVD for as low as $3 each, and there's some gold to be found there for folks that don't mind doing a little digging.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:56 AM   #2
Ben Lahnger

Also, I should mention that an always interesting source for cheap DVD's is your local pawn shops. Today I picked up Adaptation for $2 and have found many incredible deals there before.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:27 PM   #3
library

Keep your eyes open for gems at all times. My favorite is peeping other peoples personal collections. For instance today i managed to snag the Animatrix complete dvd and cd album collection for a couple bucks while at an acquaintances house.
library is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:28 PM   #4
library

and by the way my bloody valentine sucks
library is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:46 AM   #5
CptSternn

In the age of Netflix, Zune, Sky+ Player, and the others - do people still buy actual media?
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:12 AM   #6
Angelic Dissonance2

The Bowery At Midnight, starring our beloved Bela himself. No, Bela's not dead... he's undead, undead, undead.

That, and some shit about a monster starfish from space that spits flames.

OH--$1. What now?
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #7
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
In the age of Netflix, Zune, Sky+ Player, and the others - do people still buy actual media?
Nope, stores just stock that crap to confuse people.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote