Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:26 PM   #26
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
The Pokerap.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:41 PM   #27
NachtSorcier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
The Pokerap.
I know it by heart.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:57 PM   #28
DeathChii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirla Vye Torrun
Remember when there were only 150 Pokémon?
Man, those were the days...
I know! I feel so old lmao! I'd always be liek:
"You know, In myyyyy dayy there was only 150 pokemon!"
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:26 AM   #29
raineofblood

Haha. I used to love pokemon. I still love the games and am only suppressed from buying the new game by a lack of funds. I don't watch the show anymore but only because it's becoming redundant. Same old, same old. Notice that the female character is the only one who ever leaves? They are smart enough to know that every day the show is getting dumber and dumber. But I still love the old episodes. They were showing them on Cartoon Network and I think I stayed up the entire night just to watch...

I'm such a nerd.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:30 AM   #30
raineofblood

Oh yeah, and although my love for Pokemon games grows daily:
The games are full of illegal activity. You attack wild animals and battle these cute creatures against eachother for your personal pleasure. Then if you find them attractive, you lock them up in a tiny ball only releasing them once more for more fighting. And your character, my oh my. Underage gambling!! Child neglect: your mother throws you out on the street with a pair of shoes and nothing else. Breaking and Entering: Notice you just randomly walk into anyones home? Theft: And then steal all their possessions? Theres probably many more crimes occuring in the games but these are the most obvious... O_o
Old 08-26-2007, 02:13 AM   #31
Crystal Sorrow

They are cute! I liked and still do like Dragonite and Pikachu. However I have this odd sort of thing to want to find a Pikachu capable of my morbid desire. That being strapping him to fire works and either sending him airborne in flames as he comes down, or blowing him to pieces. Then feel bad because I murdered him.
Crystal Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:07 AM   #32
She_Is_My_Sin

I'm sorry to dig this up, but yeah I do love pokemon & I did go out and buy diamond as soon as the games came out in the U.K. I also still have my original pokemon cuddly toys.

Also like Pancakes of Doom, the penguin one did make me want to get the games even more. I called my one Frosty *blush* I do like giving them stupid names. Like calling my Diagla, Dave.

The God pokemon Arseus sounds funny. You have to go up to 'heaven' and catch it & it can learn a move called Judgement.

Strange stuff.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:18 PM   #33
Godslayer Jillian

Ugh, the show!
The first season was alright. I liked how they really didn't know much about pokemon that Arcanine, a normal evolution of a dog, was considered legendary in some stone tablets. And when we saw Togepi we were all saying "awesome!"
But in the first season at least we had a goal we were expecting!
Ash was supposed to go to that plateau after collecting all the medals and fucking win!!
But no, he lost the first time and we learned a valuable lesson.
It's alright; we'll get it next year.
But why do the same thing over? Let's go to the neighbor country that we have never mentioned before even though that seems to be the only country that exports milk in the whole world (you know, because they're the ones with the Miltanks)
Didn't work in there?
No biggie!
There's some lame islands to the south and you only need half as many medals!
And then we can move to the country where two titans (that our original retrograde country had never heard of) fought for the formation of our world.

That's five rounds that are supposed to be a year in lenght each and Ash has never began puberty and Misty has never grown any tits. (I'm reading Maddox)
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 11:36 PM   #34
kimaru

I LOATHE pokemon!!!!
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:06 AM   #35
DarkGentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by raineofblood
Oh yeah, and although my love for Pokemon games grows daily:
The games are full of illegal activity. You attack wild animals and battle these cute creatures against eachother for your personal pleasure. Then if you find them attractive, you lock them up in a tiny ball only releasing them once more for more fighting. And your character, my oh my. Underage gambling!! Child neglect: your mother throws you out on the street with a pair of shoes and nothing else. Breaking and Entering: Notice you just randomly walk into anyones home? Theft: And then steal all their possessions? Theres probably many more crimes occuring in the games but these are the most obvious... O_o
Oh I see you haven't played any of the Grand Theft Auto series yet, or have you? I sure hell wouldn't and I don't recommend it either (a game on stealing cars, what a bloody joke :::rolls eyes::: ).
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:35 AM   #36
thedoll

Its all about tetris. Badass russian composer encouraging the proper placement of shapes.

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:47 AM   #37
DarkGentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoll
Its all about tetris. Badass russian composer encouraging the proper placement of shapes.
That game gives me the brain-farts.
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 06:53 AM   #38
She_Is_My_Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
That's five rounds that are supposed to be a year in lenght each and Ash has never began puberty and Misty has never grown any tits. (I'm reading Maddox)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Ash had no genitals or could experince pain.

I watched an episode in which he was chasing a pokemon on a snowy mountain. He ran. He slipped. He went sliding into a rock with his legs wide apart. Next moment he was right as rain. Surely his manhood may have been a bit damaged. Although it could explain why he will never actually enter puberty.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:45 PM   #39
biohazard

I was watching the Pokemon anime on TV yesterday and I was surprised by the low-quality it has gone to. It is even worse than it was before, the beginning song sucks, and they changed Ash`s voice, making him sound even more childish and stupid. Also, there is a new girl named Dawn that replaced Misty, and she is just an insult to human intelligence. As for Brock, he has to explain every little thing that happens in a battle, which makes it very annoying. So in short, do not watch it, the anime sucks.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:52 PM   #40
BlackButterfly

Hee-hee... just got Diamond! I gotta catch me a Pikachu ('cuz we all know #25 rocks hardcore!)
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:59 PM   #41
kwaniesiam

I used to be SO OBSESSED with pokemon. In like 4th grade. Heck yes. I stopped bothering after they went beyond the original 151 of them though. What are there, like 400 of those lil' fuckers now? Gah.

Mew is still wonderfully full of brainwashing Japanese anime cuteness. I never liked Pikachu, I thought it was a whiney little bitch. But that's just me. Bulbasaur was hardcore though.
kwaniesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:12 PM   #42
NachtSorcier

493, actually.

Yeah, the anime isn't as entertaining as it used to be. I probably mentioned it already, but the only reason I'm still watching it is so I can see it end. I do want to see Ash finally become a Pokemon Master, and I think at the end of his Sinnou adventure it will happen. I have a feeling, due to the many god-like legendary Pokemon that came out in this generation, that this will be the last region he explores.

Before Dawn, there was another girl that replaced Misty and her name was May. She was a stupid girl from the Hoenn region and her annoying little brother Max followed her around for the entire three seasons. I miss Misty so much. According to her Japanese voice actor, Misty will be making a return during the Sinnou adventure.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:17 PM   #43
kwaniesiam

Misty should come back. I haven't watched much of the newer stuff, but the younger step sister has and I've noticed it really isn't what it used to be. That would be so awesome to get to see the end of it. How long has it been going on for now?
Old 09-28-2007, 07:21 PM   #44
NachtSorcier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaniesiam
Misty should come back. I haven't watched much of the newer stuff, but the younger step sister has and I've noticed it really isn't what it used to be. That would be so awesome to get to see the end of it. How long has it been going on for now?
They're on the tenth season now.

It was funny, in an early episode of the latest season, Team Rocket attacked once again and Dawn, who is ten years old, told them to fuck off (or something to that effect) and Meowth said, "Back off, we've been chasing the twerps since you were born." That really made it hit home.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:05 PM   #45
kwaniesiam

That's wonderful. Do they still attack in every single episode? James always was and will be my favorite. He had to be gay...just had to be.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:04 PM   #46
darkbird

I play Pokemon. My boyfriend bought me a DS for my birthday so I'd have something to do on the long train commutes to NYC.

I got Diamond instead of Pearl though. Is there much difference? or is it just that you get different choice of pokemon in the beginning of the game?
darkbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:06 PM   #47
NachtSorcier

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbird
I play Pokemon. My boyfriend bought me a DS for my birthday so I'd have something to do on the long train commutes to NYC.

I got Diamond instead of Pearl though. Is there much difference? or is it just that you get different choice of pokemon in the beginning of the game?
They're essentially the same game with a few minor differences:

- In Diamond, the god-like Legendary Pokemon is Dialga; in Pearl, it is Palkia.
- There are some Pokemon that are exclusive to Diamond, others to Pearl. (You have to trade with someone who has the other game or buy both of them to get them all.)
- In Diamond, there is a large statue of Dialga in one of the town squares; there's a statue of Palkia in Pearl.

That's really about it. In both games there are some Pokemon that you can only obtain by inserting Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen cartridges into the bottom of the DS; the three starter Pokemon are the same in both games: Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:09 PM   #48
NachtSorcier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaniesiam
That's wonderful. Do they still attack in every single episode? James always was and will be my favorite. He had to be gay...just had to be.
Yup, Team Rocket is still in every episode conspiring to steal Pikachu. They have a new motto that they repeat in every episode, but it's just a variation of the old "Prepare for trouble, make it double" one.

Yes, I agree that James is quite gay, but his new English voice actor kind of ruined his campiness - now he sounds like an old man who's been kicked in the nuts.

I think the English dubbers caught on that James seems really gay because they keep giving him lines hinting at the contrary:

James (to Meowth): "I don't care what everyone keeps saying, I am not a piece of fruit!"

It doesn't hold water with lines like this, though:

Meowth: "Don't you worry your pretty blue head about it, Jimmy."
James: "It's lavender!"

Old 09-30-2007, 10:31 PM   #49
darkbird

Thanks for all the info, Nacht
darkbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:40 PM   #50
NachtSorcier

No problemo.