Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #51
Ophelia's Snorkel

I love Black Wings by AntiSally at Goth Rosary, but I bought this latest one in a solid and the scent hasn't lasted the way it usually would.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:59 PM   #52
carakitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsylumVoid View Post
I'd love to find a perfume that smells like Sandalwood, if any one has any ideas, let me know!
I don't know if they still carry it, but in the US The Body Shop used to have a "Woody Sandalwood" perfume oil.
carakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #53
jupitercrash13

I have always used Chantilly Lace if I wear anything at all. My mother and Nana both used it as well so it is just a very familiar comforting scent for me. Plus I find a lot of other scents do not seem to smell as good once they are on me as they do off. The only other thing I ever really wear is a pomegranate one called midnight ruby or something like that I got as a gift.
-M
jupitercrash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:21 PM   #54
carakitty

Ooh, what company makes Midnight Ruby?
We drink pomegranate juice (and blends) like water over here and I grew up with a large pom bush in my parents backyard.

The Cure is one of my favorite bands too, and I know many lovely women named Mary. One of whom was my Gothic inspiration in high school.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay.

Oops, I guess I should have put that last part into the Intro thread. Oh well!
carakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:19 AM   #55
honeythorn

I'd love to buy something from BPAL but I am wary since, as lovely as the descriptions are I obviously still cannot actually smell the scents to know wether I like them or not. I don't really want to order something without beng able to try it first : /

Oh hang on... I just checked the site and they only ship in the US. What a shit!
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:37 AM   #56
SiouxsiePernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by carakitty View Post
I don't know if they still carry it, but in the US The Body Shop used to have a "Woody Sandalwood" perfume oil.
They still stock sandalwood, but unfortunately discontinued the patchouli perfume oil.

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:23 AM   #57
MissCheyenne

I usually use rose based scents or occasionally vanilla. I can't wear anything with any kind of citrus in it, it always smells like toilet cleaner on me.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:39 AM   #58
jupitercrash13

Quote:
Ooh, what company makes Midnight Ruby?
We drink pomegranate juice (and blends) like water over here and I grew up with a large pom bush in my parents backyard.

The Cure is one of my favorite bands too, and I know many lovely women named Mary. One of whom was my Gothic inspiration in high school.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay.

Oops, I guess I should have put that last part into the Intro thread. Oh well!
I believe it comes from Bath and Bodyworks. I rather enjoy it myself! And thank you for he welcome!!
-M
jupitercrash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:11 AM   #59
strange_pleasure

Quote:
Hope nobody minds that I'm bringing up this old thread....
I was wondering though, has anyone tried the new "Twilight Woods" fragrance from Bath and Body Works?
I got the mini sized products as part of an exchange the other day and I like the scent.
Hoping that the wannabe vampire Edward + Bella loving teenyboppers don't wreck it's appeal though.
It's ok, tested it the other day when I went in to get a bottle of the Vanilla Noir lotion. Seemed a little to..flowery or something. I'd also test a couple others as I hadn't in a BBW in over a year, so maybe my sense of smell ws off.

My favorite perfum of all time is Tabu. Yes, it's cheap and like Opium and Poison, one drop too many can send people reeling but, if used sparingly it's so lovely. It has top notes of bergamot, coriander, neroli, orange, and spices; a heart of clove bud oil, clover, jasmine, narcissus, oriental rose, and ylang ylang; and a base of amber, benzoin, cedar, civet, moss, musk, patchouli, sandalwood, and vetiver.
strange_pleasure is offline   Reply With Quote