Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
Solumina

College student kills intruder with sword

Police: College student kills intruder with sword
By BEN NUCKOLS
Associated Press Writer

BALTIMORE -- A Johns Hopkins University student armed with a samurai sword killed an intruder in his garage, Baltimore police said Tuesday.

Two laptops and a Sony PlayStation had been stolen by burglars Monday from the home, on University Parkway just blocks from the school, said police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi. Early Tuesday, one of the four Hopkins students who live in the home noticed the garage door was open and took a sword with him to investigate, Guglielmi said.

In the garage, the student told police he discovered a man and when the student told the man to get out, the man accosted him, Guglielmi said. The student defended himself with the sword, cutting off the man's hand and causing a severe laceration to his upper body, he said.

Campus security and an off-duty city officer responding to a call for a suspicious person in the area around 1:20 a.m. Tuesday heard screams to call police, Guglielmi said. The man died at the scene, but police are not yet releasing his name, he said.

Michael Hughes, 43, who lives two doors down from the house where the slaying occurred, said he was getting ready for bed at around 1:30 a.m. when he heard screams from the rear of the home.

"There was fear in the voice. I could tell someone was scared," Hughes said.

Three young men were sitting on the front porch of the home around 9:30 a.m. Tuesday. A police officer was standing in the doorway, and a single police car was parked nearby.

The men refused to comment when approached by an Associated Press reporter.

Behind the three-story brick rowhouse, a wooden fence was broken. There was a pool of blood in the brick courtyard between the back porch and the garage.

Guglielmi said the man had been arrested on charges such as burglary several times before, and had been released Saturday from a Baltimore County jail.

Police are interviewing the student and his roommates, and are talking to prosecutors about whether to file charges.
The Miami Herald
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
zerademark

Alright this is some real shit right here! You see this? I said you see this? This is what need to happen everywhere around. When them buglars come to steal your blingbling and stuf, just slice them samurai way! Bring them tommies out and treat them fools for some lead cumshots!
3 It is not "You and me", instead it is "Me and you". At the same time "M" is capitalized.
zerademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:49 AM   #3
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Police: College student kills intruder with sword
By BEN NUCKOLS
Associated Press Writer

BALTIMORE -- A Johns Hopkins University student armed with a samurai sword killed an intruder in his garage, Baltimore police said Tuesday.

Two laptops and a Sony PlayStation had been stolen by burglars Monday from the home, on University Parkway just blocks from the school, said police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi. Early Tuesday, one of the four Hopkins students who live in the home noticed the garage door was open and took a sword with him to investigate, Guglielmi said.

In the garage, the student told police he discovered a man and when the student told the man to get out, the man accosted him, Guglielmi said. The student defended himself with the sword, cutting off the man's hand and causing a severe laceration to his upper body, he said.

Campus security and an off-duty city officer responding to a call for a suspicious person in the area around 1:20 a.m. Tuesday heard screams to call police, Guglielmi said. The man died at the scene, but police are not yet releasing his name, he said.

Michael Hughes, 43, who lives two doors down from the house where the slaying occurred, said he was getting ready for bed at around 1:30 a.m. when he heard screams from the rear of the home.

"There was fear in the voice. I could tell someone was scared," Hughes said.

Three young men were sitting on the front porch of the home around 9:30 a.m. Tuesday. A police officer was standing in the doorway, and a single police car was parked nearby.

The men refused to comment when approached by an Associated Press reporter.

Behind the three-story brick rowhouse, a wooden fence was broken. There was a pool of blood in the brick courtyard between the back porch and the garage.

Guglielmi said the man had been arrested on charges such as burglary several times before, and had been released Saturday from a Baltimore County jail.

Police are interviewing the student and his roommates, and are talking to prosecutors about whether to file charges.
The Miami Herald
This is what I call a "good shoot" scenario (I know there isn't a firearm involved but it falls into the same category with me,it was a successful defense of ones life in what seems like a hairy situation.

Blades or Bullets the main goal is the student is still alive and in one piece,while the aggressive Home Invader got what was coming to him.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:54 AM   #4
Still Jack

I knew anime geeks were dangerous.He was watching too much one piece.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #5
Saya

...That really was...a Hattori Hanzo sword.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:51 AM   #6
Wrath

Well just goes to show you, people can still die by the sword.....Although i'm sure it was a far better choice than say a butter knife.....
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:57 AM   #7
CataclysmKitten

that's what you get for stealing other people's stuff. lol
CataclysmKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:00 PM   #8
zerademark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
Well just goes to show you, people can still die by the sword.....Although i'm sure it was a far better choice than say a butter knife.....
Butterknifes are messy. Also it wont look good if the police sees you stabing someon a la scream-style.

A katana is more flexible.

"No Mr officer, I was just swinging around with my sword woops...his head fell off! I mean, could you imagina that?"
3 It is not "You and me", instead it is "Me and you". At the same time "M" is capitalized.
zerademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:29 AM   #9
msg_themoon

what i dont get is was it a sony playstation 3? 2? or 1?

because if it was a 1! DAMN!!

and another thing! I have a feeling this thread is directed at me somehow!!
msg_themoon is offline   Reply With Quote