Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:24 AM   #1
CptSternn

Evil Clown hired for stalking, threats and a pie in the face

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/821591-...ie-in-the-face

Quote:
Dominic Deville stalks young victims for a week, sending chilling texts, making prank phone calls and setting traps in letterboxes.

He posts notes warning children they are being watched, telling them they will be attacked.

But Deville is not an escaped lunatic or some demonic monster.

He is a birthday treat, hired by mum and dad, and the ‘attack’ involves being splatted in the face with a cake.

‘The child feels more and more that it is being pursued,’ said Deville.

‘The clown’s one and only aim is to smash a cake into the face of his victim, when they least expect it, during the course of seven days.’

If the boy or girl manages to avoid the ‘hit’, they are given the cake as a birthday present. Well, that’s alright then.

The frightening fun can be stopped at any time, which is handy for parents who have second thoughts and don’t fancy the cost of child therapy.

Deville said: ‘The clown will never break into a residence or show up at work. ‘It’s all in fun and if, at any point, the kids get scared or their parents are concerned, we stop right there.

‘But most kids absolutely love being scared senseless.’

Deville set up his Evil Clown service in Lucerne, Switzerland, after being inspired by some of his favourite horror films – possibly including Stephen King’s It and Killer Klowns From Outer Space.

The idea is unlikely to be popular with sufferers of coulrophobia – the irrational (irrational?) fear of clowns.

But Stephen Vaughan, aka Zippo, of Clowns International, said scary clowns could be as funny as t h e i r r e d - n o s e d counterparts. ‘I think what Dominic is doing is a great idea,’ he added.

‘Bringing a little bit of life and laughter into kids’ lives is what we are all about.’
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:25 AM   #2
Tam Li Hua

O_o

Well, that's disturbed.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:26 AM   #3
CptSternn

I know - who would do that to their own child? It's not the worst thing, but definitely would lead to therapy.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #4
Kalitrima

I dunno, I'd find it pretty fun. Adrenaline rush and all. As long as I knew it was a clown or something, and not a creeper. Besides, I only leave the house. . . once a week or so, and I'm in the LCC library for most of it, so it'd just be free cake.

Then again, I'm not a little kid anymore. And I've never been afraid of clowns.
Kalitrima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
Ben Lahnger

Were you ever afraid of being stalked? This is creepy.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #6
Kalitrima

. . . Not really. I can't think of anyone who would want to. So the threat just sort of doesn't exist in my mind. Besides, as I said, I rarely leave my house, and I keep the curtains closed. So have fun staring at a dark and closed-up house. I still hold to my 'free cake' idea.

Besides, I live in two different cities, since I started talking to my dad again. He divorced Diane, and he lives in a town about half an hour's drive from here. Campus is right in between, so he picks me up on Wednesdays, and I spend a few days with him. Any stalker would have to be devoted out of his mind to follow, and since it's a rural area, he'd be spotted pretty damn quickly. Besides, I have a few guns there. So really, I'm more scared of trees than I am of stalkers.

If I lived a 'normal' life? Fuck yeah, I'd be terrified.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #7
Ben Lahnger

That's a lot of defensive explanation from a person who supposedly isn't afraid. And being holed up in your closed-curtain house makes you an ideal candidate in my opinion.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 04-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #8
Kalitrima

Eh, didn't mean it to sound defensive. Just explaining my reasoning. Really, anything I say, add in a 'failing to be funny' factor of 24 and a 'can't shut up to save her life' factor of 97.3.

Ideal. . . candidate? Right, should I be expecting you soon? If so, give me a few days to convince my dad that I don't need to wait until I'm 21 to get the revolver my grandmother left me. . .
Old 04-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #9
Ben Lahnger

Don't worry about it. If you're considering asking your dad for the revolver, my work here is done.

The creepiest thing about that story wasn't that it was a clown, but the stalking aspect.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 04-14-2010, 11:46 AM   #10
ape descendant

Clowns make you sick...
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #11
Kalitrima

Well, your work was done before you posted, then. I have a few knives in my room, along with a quite sharp letter opener that I've actually stabbed myself with a few times (on accident, naturally). And I'm not too shabby at self-defense. And if I ever get money, I'm buying a sword. Both for collectible purposes, and for. . . well, what would you do if you saw a crazy chick wielding a sword and shrieking like a banshee? In my mind, a perfect burglar deterrent. Or anything-else-nasty deterrent. Maybe a morning star. . . or an axe. Hee. And if I did get the revolver, I probably wouldn't load it. Nor would I load the rifle. Or the shotgun. Or anything else she left me. That way, I could still intimidate with it, but if it was turned against me, I would still be just fine. Play scared, then smash their nose straight back into their skull.

. . . Being alone all the time does funny things to you. After a while, you've come up with (shoddy) plans for everything. And it's fun to toss 'em out to others, to see the flaws.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #12
vindicatedxjin

I would hate my parents if they ever did something like that to me...I'm terrified of clowns.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #13
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalitrima View Post
Well, your work was done before you posted, then. I have a few knives in my room, along with a quite sharp letter opener that I've actually stabbed myself with a few times (on accident, naturally). And I'm not too shabby at self-defense. And if I ever get money, I'm buying a sword. Both for collectible purposes, and for. . . well, what would you do if you saw a crazy chick wielding a sword and shrieking like a banshee? In my mind, a perfect burglar deterrent. Or anything-else-nasty deterrent. Maybe a morning star. . . or an axe. Hee. And if I did get the revolver, I probably wouldn't load it. Nor would I load the rifle. Or the shotgun. Or anything else she left me. That way, I could still intimidate with it, but if it was turned against me, I would still be just fine. Play scared, then smash their nose straight back into their skull.

. . . Being alone all the time does funny things to you. After a while, you've come up with (shoddy) plans for everything. And it's fun to toss 'em out to others, to see the flaws.
All of that makes me want to do a South Park imitation ... "Don't do drugs kids, mmmmm-kay?"

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 04-14-2010, 04:15 PM   #14
Tam Li Hua

Kali: The fact that it's a clown doing it makes it ten times creepier for me. I do NOT like clowns. I like them less than people suited up in furry costumes or dressed as Santa Claus.

I blame that Killer Clowns movie cited in the article.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:22 PM   #15
Saya

I think the idea of it is absolutely hilarious, but in practice very very creepy.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:25 PM   #16
JCC

Jesus, that's fucking crazy. I hate clowns too.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:56 PM   #17
Kalitrima

Silly Ben, I don't do drugs. In fact, I don't do anything interesting. Trust me, being alone in a room with nothing but my thoughts is trippy enough.

Tam Li Hua, I have no doubt that I would think completely differently if I was scared of clowns, but I never have been. In fact, I may be one of the few people who's amused by clowns. Not laugh-out-loud amused, but quietly so. In fact, there's only one clown thing that scares me, and, er. . . best not to talk about that.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:10 PM   #18
Beneath the Shadows

Are they hiring?

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:41 PM   #19
Still Jack

I don't think I'd be very pleasant after getting a cake to the face.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:54 PM   #20
Anarasha

First off, the cake is a lie, this is common knowledge.
Second, clowns are fucking scary and should be forbidden by law. Stalking clowns are even worse.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:53 AM   #21
Saya

Pfft, you guys are wimps. I love being a clown, and while I'm not going to run away to the circus I secretly lay in waiting for any opportunity, for fundraisers or whatever, to do a clown act.

If it makes you feel any better though, I went ahead and took care of him.

Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:57 AM   #22
Anarasha

It's just something about clowns.
They scare me >_<
Some people are scared by spiders, some by toads, and I by those two and clowns <.<
So my worst nightmare has got to be a jumping clown with 8 legs.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:49 AM   #23
Razeal18

Saya that clown pic IS EPIC!!! The only thing funnier than a clown stalking a child with a pie, is a clown bleeding after confrontation with an angry father. And to anyone still afraid of clown they are just closeted transvestites with a bad job, no dignity, and more often then not a drinking problem. Thus they are not scary they are just sad.
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #24
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
I don't think I'd be very pleasant after getting a cake to the face.
Hey, Jack, you've got to admit it would be better than mace to the face, eh?

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 04-15-2010, 10:01 AM   #25
KontanKarite

Where is your god now?!?!

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote