Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-27-2007, 08:28 AM   #51
shinobi98

There was this really preppy christian girl that is in my World History class. I was sitting in the back next to my friend that i had met a couple of days ago. Mind you this friend was not goth, he was into the whole punk seen but a very nice person in general. She turned around and out of that blue looked at my friend and said, "Do you believe in god?" he told her no. She proceeded to ask me the same question and got another no. My friend then gave me a high-five. Then the girl was just like "You guys need help, I'll pray for you" Psshhh, whatever.

In another instance my cousin and I were sitting in the stairwell reading the satanic bible. He is a satanist, I was just being curios. The same girl from the previous story saw us and walked up. "So, what are you gothic people reading?" "The bible" I replied. "No your not, I don't think you gothic people can under stand it." My cousin then said, "We never said which bible." He then held the cover up so that she could see it. She got really scared and bolted into the court yard. She hasn't said a word to me since. What a big loss.
shinobi98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:05 AM   #52
delicti

"So, do you guys allow black people in here?"

- Someone trying to get into a night I ran a few years back.

The response was, yes, of course, but he was out of dress code, so he was requested to come back blacker.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:10 AM   #53
Anomander

Hahaha. I'm black, and I went to this rock club with a friend. At some point, I went to get drinks, and someone beside me at the bar asked "Are you lost?"
Anomander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:35 AM   #54
the-broken-harlequin

I had met my uncle once, the last time I saw him it was before I started dressing goth.
And he said:...
Why ya' wearin' all that goth stuff, son? ( He is scottish)

Well I just like wearing it.

I always thought the reason goths were wearin' all black because they were mourning the death of their fashion.

XD
the-broken-harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:47 AM   #55
the-broken-harlequin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEED REBELION!!!
Some one once asked me if I had an orgy with marilyn manson and all the members of slipnot..........I turned around and walked in the other direction
Did you?
I cant blame them, that sounds uber-hot.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:57 AM   #56
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi98
What a big loss.
I wouldn't say so.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:59 AM   #57
delicti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomander
Hahaha. I'm black, and I went to this rock club with a friend. At some point, I went to get drinks, and someone beside me at the bar asked "Are you lost?"
That's great. Considering most straight-up rock is just watered down blues with distortion, it makes you wonder where the guy who asked you that got lost instead. ;-)
Old 07-27-2007, 10:09 AM   #58
the-broken-harlequin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Quote:
What a big loss.
I wouldn't say so.
I think she was being sarcastic.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:11 AM   #59
deafasadoornail

I've gotten the "you're too cute/pretty to be goth" thing too. I just laugh and say thanks. I think it's intended as a compliment.

The funniest thing is when I was walking on Santa Monica's Third Street Promenade and someone with pamphlets asked me, "Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ?" I snapped, "Yes. It's adversarial," and then walked away quickly before they could answer.
deafasadoornail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:29 AM   #60
shinobi98

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-broken-harlequin
I think she was being sarcastic.
Yeah, I was
shinobi98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:37 AM   #61
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Yeah, I was
That's fine. I meant, it isn't a big loss for her. You thought I meant for you. Uh-uh.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:43 AM   #62
Zakyath

I get called emo all the time <3 How can you not love that? X)

My father likes my "punk rock" style. Heh. My mom thinks I'm going to be beaten up because I mostly wear black clothes
Zakyath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:45 AM   #63
honeythorn

I ususally get this following question from older people ( I will write it as it is spoken where I live, my regional accent is a great source of amusement for people all over the UK )

" Am yo one O' them goffs? Am ya? Don' yo come ahhht at night an ang araaand in grayveyaards then?"

To which I relpy " yes I am and no I don't. " then I make a sharp exit stage left.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:38 PM   #64
Vicodin

Actually, I've never gotten a negative response. I tend to get more compliments than anything, especially about my hair and makeup, and usually from elderly women, which is pretty funny. I usually get called "unique," "creative," "refreshing," and "beautiful." Seriously, I can barely get through a shift at work without a compliment from the silver-haired set. I guess it helps to dress for elegance rather than shock-value.
Vicodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:15 PM   #65
psyches_reflection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicodin
Actually, I've never gotten a negative response. I tend to get more compliments than anything, especially about my hair and makeup, and usually from elderly women, which is pretty funny. I usually get called "unique," "creative," "refreshing," and "beautiful." Seriously, I can barely get through a shift at work without a compliment from the silver-haired set. I guess it helps to dress for elegance rather than shock-value.
I find that to be true also - I seem to have a small fan-club of random old ladies who appreciate my style. Around here, it's far more common to see a woman dressed in next-to-nothing, or in their pajamas in public, than it is to see someone modestly dressed and decently groomed. As one woman said to me, dark but neat makeup is reminiscent of Old Hollywood glamour, so heavy eyeliner and dark lipstick isn't terrifying.

Back on topic: I went to town the other day with my sister. We were walking down Church Street (the main shopping street in Liverpool city centre) when someone yelled, "OI! Coffin-chops!! You lost?!"

It made me smile!!
Old 07-27-2007, 06:32 PM   #66
bulletsinmyhead

I never really get comments, accept this one person who was like "Oh! You're goth! So are you like gonna go write dark poetry and cut yourself?" and I laughed at her. I could have responded, but I guess I just didn't care enough to...
Old 07-28-2007, 09:13 AM   #67
Jonathan Strange

One day at school I decided to wear my denim black jacket, for some reason a group of kids decided to yell at me 40 feet away with a catty yet stupid, "Hey! The uh, '20s or '30s are over, man!"

Then one time a bunch of scene kids told me to ride a horse since I was wearing knee high boots. I've never really had notable insults said to my face, though.
Jonathan Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:50 PM   #68
the-broken-harlequin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Strange
One day at school I decided to wear my denim black jacket....
I need to get one of those.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:57 PM   #69
the-broken-harlequin

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
To which I relpy " yes I am and no I don't. " then I make a sharp exit stage left.
Oh my god! You have to teach me how to relpy.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:02 PM   #70
Lapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafasadoornail
I've gotten the "you're too cute/pretty to be goth" thing too. I just laugh and say thanks. I think it's intended as a compliment.

The funniest thing is when I was walking on Santa Monica's Third Street Promenade and someone with pamphlets asked me, "Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ?" I snapped, "Yes. It's adversarial," and then walked away quickly before they could answer.
See, what you should have said was "Are you cops? Because its consensual. And in the state of California, if you are over the age of sixteen, you can consent." Then walked away.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:21 PM   #71
Crimsonide

At school, some people who I sit by occasionally grab my wrists and stare at them, apparantly searching for cuts that aren't there.
I find it amusing that they think I'm all depressed and suicidal, while I'm probably happier than any of them.
Crimsonide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:06 PM   #72
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonide
At school, some people who I sit by occasionally grab my wrists and stare at them, apparantly searching for cuts that aren't there.
I find it amusing that they think I'm all depressed and suicidal, while I'm probably happier than any of them.

I would imagine that if someone grabbed my wrist out of nowhere, I'd deck em.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:16 PM   #73
honeythorn

I would write APRIL FOOL or HA HA HA STUPID FUCKERS on my wrists just to surprise them next time.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:21 PM   #74
Velvet_Mansfield

The other day I was at the library, and this man who I've seen around there a couple of times started talking to me. Finally he said, "You know you're such a pretty girl, but you're always wearing black. I don't know if I've ever seen you wearing color, it's always black, black, black. There's nothing wrong with black, but damn girl, go out on a limb sometime!"
I couldn't help it, I pretty much just busted up laughing.
Velvet_Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:22 PM   #75
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
I would write APRIL FOOL or HA HA HA STUPID FUCKERS on my wrists just to surprise them next time.
Draw a dotted line and the text "cut here".

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote