Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:34 AM   #1
JCC

Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

First, I started experimenting with the idea of someone's thoughts. I was walking down the street, looking at people pushing prams, driving in cars, talking on phones, and realising that to me they're just a citizen, but there's a whole different universe in there. The same way that to me, my problems are large and important, and to others they are insignificant. Then I started to get interested in the theory of All, and applied it to my current findings, so to speak. Then I realised, that reality is shaped by the thoughts of others. Thought is the bane of all. With this in mind, I wrote Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est.

Be aware that I only ever write Vers Libre (Free Verse). I don't need a metronome telling me what words to say, thanks.

Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est.

The cavern of the mind is an alternate universe.
A single thought a planet in a personal infinite of chemical reaction, space made up of your own unadulterated impulse.

Your thought is your fortress.
Bid no man entrance, and no man may invade your kingdom.

Infinity lies at your fingertips when beyond the wall of sleep, a world of unimaginability stored away in the confines of your subconcious.
Greatness is when you can grasp infinity of mind whilst not fixated in slumber.

Thought is whole.
Without thought, there is nothing. Without thought there is no action worth mentioning, thought is The All and resides in All.

Let no man judge you, for you and you alone can interpret your own being.
And your own being is enclosed inside your thought. Liberation of your mind is the way to find yourself and only through finding yourself can you achieve.

The happiness of others means very little.
For the effect it has on yourself is why you do it and this realization will bring you to good deeds for the sake of yourself, which in turn will affect others. Selfishness does not enter this equation, only liberation.

Ipsa scientia potestas est.
Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:03 PM   #2
Kanedawg

Nice, JCC. Free verse, as I think applies here, can be a great creative way to encapsulate abstractions that might otherwise require too much exposition and structure. Poetry can also be a good way to break into some tougher markets. I got into Weird Tales with a bleeding haiku!
Old 01-14-2008, 01:24 PM   #3
JCC

Yeah, I need to find a good literary magazine and submit some stuff. It's the only way for me to make money for a few years, and I make it from doing my cathartic hobby. Awesome.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote