Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
Vince

Here we go yet again...

...one more time.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
i work, like most people, for a veritable idiot. Someone who is quick tempered and very passive aggressive. On top of that i am forced to deal with the general public. i honestly despise The General Public.

i read when i can but as of late other things have taken up most of my free time. Mainly MMORPGs. Sweet horrible digital cocain.

i used to write. Things.

There are very few times in the day that i'm not listening to music.

2. Where are you from?
i was born and raised here. i once lived over there for a year. Also for a few months i lived over that way. But alas i am back here. i'd really love to move over to somewhere else.

3. Who is your favorite author?
i honestly don't have a favourite anymore. i could just sell out and simply say Lovecraft. Yeah, let us stick with that one.

4. What are your favorite films?
i don't really have a single favourite...or even a couple. i liked Trainspotting quite alot. As well as This is England. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was a nice a trip also.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Eh...you know what that's probably something i'll discuss with the Missus.

6. At your funeral?
i thought about this the other day for some random ass reason. At my funeral i don't want any crying or moaning...unless a necrophile happens to be there then..you know....whatever anyway...i want something upbeat something that captures the essence of who i was in life.

i haven't found that song yet.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
i was going to draw out a method i think it was our beloved MrMaelstrom shared with us once....warm bathtub, a few well placed incisions, valiums, and red wine...but honestly i don't care how i die. i just don't want to die alone.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Zombie proofed...from the inside.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
i don't have a fashion sense so i'm usually wearing a black t-shirt, either khaki pants or blue jeans, and black Nikes. When i'm lounging replace the khakis and jeans with black shorts.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Ignorance.

11. What's your favorite band?
Black Sabbath and Acid Bath.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Meh.

13. Why did you join?
Once upon a time i joined Gnet whilst searching for horror stories. She was looking for a place where she might be able to publish her own horror stories. For some reason she didn't like Gnet and decided to go elsewhere. Something about the place spoke to me. To be fair it was probably the self administered medication at the time. But i stuck around.

For quite awhile.

And now i'm back. For the things that have kept my mind occupied for the last year and a half are no longer there. Some things have simply lost their ability to be...fun. Also i've pushed away someone that was there for the last year. i'm quite certain that friendship has been wrecked for eternity.

It's time to wind down. Get back in touch with some of the great people i've met here and possibly try to do a system reboot...to forget 2010.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
It doesn't matter...but i am a man.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:32 AM   #2
Condemned

General Public

I despise the general public too. They're always staring and making retarded comments. I would kill most of them if I could, but I can't...
Condemned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:02 AM   #3
Geoluhread

Welcome back Vince
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
Grausamkeit

Trainspotting and This Is England? You have to be my, Tek.

Vin, you are a great writer and I consider myself priviledged to have been able to see your work. Welcome back olde friend. ^_^

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:35 AM   #5
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Wait so who is this? Is this Tek or is this Vin? or are you just refering to the new and old names together. I seem to recall seeing Tek's name around.

But either way I'm happy that more and more older members are returning! Despite having great times on here, I've always wondered if I missed gnet's golden years. Perhaps with the return of so many older members, a second golden age can come about.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #6
Grausamkeit

Vin is Tek's real name, hun. Sorry, Vin, I don't like outting people's real names because that's a highly personal thing, to me. But you did sign up with it so I figured it was okay. Also, PM me about that shit in your intro because I think we need to have a chat about some of this and that.

Ren, I don't know about a 'golden age'. It was only better in the past, to me, because I spent years growing and learning with the people that were here when I first joined. Nostalgia. I grew to greatly admire and respect other members on here as the months and years passed, for their wit and their humanity. They could also fry a troll to crispy-critter-ness in about a milisecond.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
Vince

Yes, 'tis i! The venerable...or is it venereal?...bah same thing....where was i?

Oh yeah Condemned...eh i don't want to kill anyone just wish they'd stfu sometimes. Well to be honest most of the time. Ok all the fucking time....

Geoluhread, thank you again dear, glad to be back amongst my old friends.

Grausamkeit, so not used that name yet. Or that picture...you're far more sexier than that

Renatus yes and no. And probably so.

Edit: will do hun as soon as i can send PM's here.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #8
Grausamkeit

Post more! You have to have 200-300 to unlock the power of pm.

You know how some people 'grow out of' Goth? Well, I grew more into it. The things I used to laugh at and call over the top(like white face and black lippie) I consider beautiful. Only if it's well done, though. I still reserve the right to laugh my ass off at some angsty teen wearing bad Crow make up.

If you click my avatar there is a current picture of me, if you can't stand looking at my avvie.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:21 AM   #9
Vince

300!? Damn...it took me years to get that much first time around. For some reason i thought it was like...50 or something.

Clicked avatar...see i knew i was right. Lovely as usual.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #10
Grausamkeit

I joined in May, dude. I know you can do it.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:53 AM   #11
Ben Lahnger

Vince, I think it's 250 posts. It'll come in time. Or just respond to anything and everything you have some kind of opinion about for a while (even though I know that's not your style.)

Don't want to die alone, eh? I've seen that expressed as a common sentiment around here. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that idea. But for me, it's a funny thing ... I think I want to die alone. Not that I'm anti-social or don't want to be comforted by company as I exit this life ... it's just that I don't think I want to subject another human being to being a party to that. I understand if someone loves you, they'll probably want to be there, but wanting it to happen that way just seems to me to be inflicting pain on them. The sting of death is lessened a bit by distance, I think.

(And then I'm reminded of stories where people died of a heart attack while having sex ... and that just has to screw up the other person for a long time.)

So if I'm not dating someone at the time, maybe I'll die alone in my apartment, only to be discovered days later. I apologize to my neighbors in advance for the smell.

Anyway, welcome back, Vince. I really am looking forward to your new posts here. Particularly when you talk about what music you are currently listening to. That's always entertaining, and sometimes quite informative. Even if your perfect playlist doesn't include much of what is considered classic Gothic fare (neither does mine.)

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:06 AM   #12
Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Don't want to die alone, eh? I've seen that expressed as a common sentiment around here. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that idea. But for me, it's a funny thing ... I think I want to die alone. Not that I'm anti-social or don't want to be comforted by company as I exit this life ... it's just that I don't think I want to subject another human being to being a party to that. I understand if someone loves you, they'll probably want to be there, but wanting it to happen that way just seems to me to be inflicting pain on them. The sting of death is lessened a bit by distance, I think.
i won't mind being physically alone when i die. That part doesn't bother me at all. i'm afraid of dying with that ol' emotional void unfilled. And with each year that passes it appears to be an inevitable future.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:08 AM   #13
Ben Lahnger

That makes complete sense to me.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:19 AM   #14
Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
(And then I'm reminded of stories where people died of a heart attack while having sex ... and that just has to screw up the other person for a long time.)
Not sure how i missed this earlier. i don't know...i mean i could see the other person a bit distraught but when they think about it...the other person died the way millions i dare say hundreds of millions of people wish they'd go...balls deep with a smile on their face.

Glad to be back, by the way.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:31 AM   #15
Beowulf

Welcome back dude, its cool to see you back here again !!!.

Also started work on some of those music ideas we were talking about yesterday !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #16
Vince

Hell yeah dude. As soon as i get home gonna start putting those ideas down.

But for now...it's almost Nascar time.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:04 AM   #17
Grausamkeit

Noooooooo!

NOT NASCAR!!!!

Sometimes you really scare me, Vin.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:22 AM   #18
Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Noooooooo!

NOT NASCAR!!!!

Sometimes you really scare me, Vin.
Hehe, you know me dahling i'm a man of many tastes, diversions, and just a few perversions.

Reminds me i actually clicked on the first page of the What are you currently listening too and saw dgkgoldberg. i know she'll watch the race with me...in spirit.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:27 AM   #19
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
Hehe, you know me dahling i'm a man of many tastes, diversions, and just a few perversions.

Reminds me i actually clicked on the first page of the What are you currently listening too and saw dgkgoldberg. i know she'll watch the race with me...in spirit.
Awww, Now I miss Seth even more. And Flemco and Takhisis.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:30 AM   #20
Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
Also i've pushed away someone that was there for the last year. i'm quite certain that friendship has been wrecked for eternity.
Being wrong about something has never felt this good. =)