Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:23 PM   #1
Caitlyn

Tall deaf goth's sister

Ok ok so I'm here! As the title says I am dbloke's sister... lucky me... :P
I am a college student (UK college that is) and I study: Philosophy, Textiles and English Literature. English and textiles being my favourites I want to go on to do English Lit at uni. But I'm bored of talking about that now....
As dbloke said I like to go to spiders the local goth club, but I swear I dont avoid him.... ok well maybe I do. I should really go with him because he will buy me drinks which is never a bad thing!
I'm bored of writing this now so fare thee well.
Caitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:26 PM   #2
Circle V

Welcome, Caitlyn. You seem like a great addition to the site, even if you do get bored easily.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:26 PM   #3
dbloke

Hey sis!

Sure you want that drink? lol

Surely being me sis is a great thing
dbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:27 PM   #4
JuliaGaltic

Well, you seem to have a handle on the English language. Mega brownie points for that!

Other than that, tell us a bit about yourself, hobbies, musical preferences etc...

Xnguela, wanna post those marvelous preset questions you typed up?

Welcome Caitlyn!
Old 02-06-2006, 03:29 PM   #5
Caitlyn

I have a short attention span, just ask my college tutors. Not that you'd want to. Many of them smell. It's not very nice.

And of course I want that drink! Silly boy!
Old 02-06-2006, 03:34 PM   #6
Caitlyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaGaltic
Well, you seem to have a handle on the English language. Mega brownie points for that!

Other than that, tell us a bit about yourself, hobbies, musical preferences etc...
Thank you for my brownie points. I shall treasure them forever. Now my hobbies... I like to sew and make jewellry and crafty things. I also like to write but I don't show lots of people my stuff. Just a few .
Now musical preferences! Where do I start!?! I'm going to sound like one of those people who says they like abit of everything... GOD I hate them! But I listen to a fairly wide range, but I definately have my hates. I used to listen to nothing but metal but my tastes have altered, I still listen to metal alot but I like classical music and I adore celtic music! I guess that's what you get from playing the flute for over 7 years!
Old 02-06-2006, 03:35 PM   #7
dbloke

You'll have to come in 2 weeks to Spiders

Do you want me to remind you, since you've a short attention span?
Old 02-06-2006, 03:35 PM   #8
JuliaGaltic

Nevermind Xng, I found them...

Caitlyn, you don't have to fill these out but, I personally find it easier to tell people who I am when there's a preset set of questions to answer. The question "who are you?" or "what are you like?" can mean so much I usually just draw blanks.

Here you go if you like doll:

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

2. Where are you from?

3. Who is your favorite author?

4. What are your favorite films?

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

6. At your funeral?

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

8. What kind of casket would you want?

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

11. What's your favorite band?

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

13. Why did you join?

Oh, and I have the same problem with music. My intro thread had a list of 20-30 bands!
Old 02-06-2006, 03:46 PM   #9
Caitlyn

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) I just answered this above

2. Where are you from?Hull, England. The Oh-so-exciting city of the north.

3. Who is your favorite author? Oooo hard question! Hmm Marianne Curley.

4. What are your favorite films? LOTR, Rocky Horror, The Lion King (it makes me cry because I'm soft... poor Mufasa) and Labyrinth

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? Anuna~Heart's of Space

6. At your funeral? Something to make everybody cry

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? I WILL live forever. I keep telling people but no-one believes me!

8. What kind of casket would you want? A Friend's of the Earth one (well I AM vegan :P)

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? Oooo my purple and red basque, my big lace up boots and my favourite pair of black trousers

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? My dress sense. Rainbow cardigans here I come!!!

11. What's your favorite band? I don't think I have one... hmmm

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? English Literature (more details above)

13. Why did you join? Because my brother persuaded me (I just want to annoy him)
Old 02-06-2006, 06:40 PM   #10
JuliaGaltic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Sorry! I was in class! I'm not always online, just usually!
*gets on knees and makes begging gestures* Could you ever find it in your heart to forgive me?
Old 02-07-2006, 04:24 AM   #11
dbloke

Castration? Now I know why I don't hang around with my LOVERLY sister - it must be a subconsious thing!
Old 02-07-2006, 07:39 AM   #12
tekajo

Welcome to Gothic.net, you seem...rather interesting, hopefully you'll fit in nicely around here.

Word of warning, since your brother is here as well, do not threadjack any threads, use instant messengers (not blaming you for something you havent even done yet, just we get that alot when people who know each other join).

Enjoy.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:16 AM   #13
Sanctus Dei

Welcome!!!
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:24 AM   #14
sheridan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
4. What are your favorite films? LOTR, Rocky Horror, The Lion King (it makes me cry because I'm soft... poor Mufasa) and Labyrinth
You know Rocky Horror is going to be playing in Hull this Summer, don't you?
sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:25 AM   #15
sheridan

spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbloke
You'll have to come in 2 weeks to Spiders

Do you want me to remind you, since you've a short attention span?
Is anything special happening in two weeks time? Friday or Saturday? I think there' sa few gigs on in that weekend, from Systemik (who I haven't seen yet, but have heard good things about)...
sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:52 AM   #16
dbloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridan
Is anything special happening in two weeks time? Friday or Saturday? I think there' sa few gigs on in that weekend, from Systemik (who I haven't seen yet, but have heard good things about)...
Oh its just I'm having a wee op tomorrow - a vasectomy - and that I've not much money till then (unless me wee sister will pay for me drinks lol)

I might be interested in going to a gig - I usually just go to spiders but fancy the White Room one day before Spiders.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:08 PM   #17
dbloke

Oh I feel like I have been kicked in the balls!

Glad its over
Old 02-10-2006, 04:09 PM   #18
dbloke

You're very welcome to ask.

I have 2 young boys (5 yrs and the other 10 months old). I and my girlfriend don't want any more kids - we want to have abit of fun rather than worry about the risk of pregnancy.

She initally suggested she had an operation to have her tubes "tied", which at that point, I suggested she's been through enough and that it was my time to suffer a bit of pain even if its insignificant compared to the process of labor/giving birth.

I explained to her that the option of sterilisation is more risky and complicated for a woman. That it can affect the biochemical make up (production of hormones etc).

She agreed and seems quite happy with my going through this.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:25 PM   #19
Metatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Ok ok so I'm here! As the title says I am dbloke's sister... lucky me... :P
I am a college student (UK college that is) and I study: Philosophy, Textiles and English Literature. English and textiles being my favourites I want to go on to do English Lit at uni. But I'm bored of talking about that now....
As dbloke said I like to go to spiders the local goth club, but I swear I dont avoid him.... ok well maybe I do. I should really go with him because he will buy me drinks which is never a bad thing!
I'm bored of writing this now so fare thee well.
Hoo-rah! Another English lit student Welcome to the group.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:11 PM   #20
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbloke
You're very welcome to ask.

I have 2 young boys (5 yrs and the other 10 months old). I and my girlfriend don't want any more kids - we want to have abit of fun rather than worry about the risk of pregnancy.

She initally suggested she had an operation to have her tubes "tied", which at that point, I suggested she's been through enough and that it was my time to suffer a bit of pain even if its insignificant compared to the process of labor/giving birth.

I explained to her that the option of sterilisation is more risky and complicated for a woman. That it can affect the biochemical make up (production of hormones etc).

She agreed and seems quite happy with my going through this.
You're a friggin AWESOME Guy!!

What a compassionate attitude. I'm hugely impressed.

Most guys would make the girl go through all the Yucky Stuff. It really is heartening to see a man offer his "Willie" as the Sacrificial Lamb, for a change.

Cheers to You!! Your GF is a lucky woman!!

*Applause*

Oh and incidentally we have a "Goth Mummies & Daddies" thread, if you are interested.

Click HERE
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:39 AM   #21
dbloke

Ooops! Didnt read the thread title, I had put a shortcut on my desktop and clicked on that.

Thanks