Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-14-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
KontanKarite

Establish Your Legacy

If you were to not come back to G.net for the rest of your life, what do you think people would remember you for?

Mine:

The sweet and beautiful heart throb gone bad. I used to be very nice and supportive of the goth identity. But over the years, the bloom faded and I became jaded. Now I tear ass around the forums flaming anyone and everyone that identifies with some kind of dark aesthetic, making people laugh their asses off, still making hearts throb, and causing as much chaos/silliness to keep me amused with this place. Also, a partner in crime with Despanan. Some now would remember me as that sweet young man, others would remember me as a terror and a damned good looking annoyance.

Now you.

Thanks for the idea, Saya.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
vindicatedxjin

For some reason, I feel as if I haven't been here long enough to have a legacy.

Ummmm

Jin: Annoying but mistaken, known for being a racist in denial. Confused in my beliefs, and a self righteous hipster who somehow thought it would be a good idea to join a gothic forum out of boredom. Camera whore, foe to the girls. Bash"ee" to the guys. Yet in the end bearable. I think people have softened up to me a bit. But not completely. I would be remembered as just "vin".
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
For some reason, I feel as if I haven't been here long enough to have a legacy.

Ummmm

Jin: Annoying but mistaken, known for being a racist in denial. Confused in my beliefs, and a self righteous hipster who somehow thought it would be a good idea to join a gothic forum out of boredom. Camera whore, foe to the girls. Bash"ee" to the guys. Yet in the end bearable. I think people have softened up to me a bit. But not completely. I would be remembered as just "vin".
Foe to the girls? I thought the girls tend to like you more. And I honestly do like you, once you got over being proud of being stubborn. Before that I couldn't stand looking at your posts. You're ignorant but willing to learn now at least.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
vindicatedxjin

The word ignorant hurts.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
Saya

I don't mean it in a bad way, ignorant as in you just don't know, stupid is unwilling to know. You are often ignorant but your stupidity has scaled back immensely as of late.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
vindicatedxjin

It's all good. Enough about me. Your legacy.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #7
Saya

I've changed a lot over five years, its hard to say. I don't really remember what I was like five years ago, and I'm afraid to go that far back and see what I wrote. But people seem to put up with me and even...like me! Beyond my comprehension. My current legacy does seem to be shrill feminist vegan pinko though XD I'm okay with that. I think I've mellowed enough and learned to pick my battles that I'm pretty bearable for a harpy these days.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:44 PM   #8
vindicatedxjin

I can't believe next August will be my 2 year gnet anniversary. Five years is just wow.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:56 PM   #9
Garethsteen

I'm still working on my legacy, of course that's if I decide to leave one.
Garethsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #10
Timeless Rebellion

You don't decide to leave a legacy.
Stay here long enough and it's just there.

Anarasha/Timeless Rebellion:
Used to be ignorant, coveted victim of flaming, no idea about which music was which but still claimed to know more than everyone else about it.
Eventually adapted, realized he knew shit about music but decided to research and eventually shut up about it.
Somewhat got accepted as just being here, got in a discussion with the admin, got banned but returned dreadfully and is just here now.
Has a screwed up sense of how to lose weight.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #11
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Damn, I have to work on a legacy now?
Old 12-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #12
Bete Noire

I have no idea what people on here think of me, considering I was only 14 or 15 when I joined, and considering how little I've been around recently, and considering how few of the people who were here back then are here now.

Corpsey, you'd be remembered, no work required!
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #13
Timeless Rebellion

Hey, wouldn't it have been better if you had to say what the legacy was of the person above you? It is kinda hard to establish how others would remember you.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #14
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire View Post

Corpsey, you'd be remembered, no work required!
Thanks but now I have to wonder... for what am I remembered? O_o
Old 12-14-2010, 04:17 PM   #15
Saya

Being a connoisseur of handsome men?
Old 12-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #16
Corpsey

I'd probably be remembered as being mistaken for SCC. -.- I was here first, you dirty Australian.

Other than that, The Kindness Game, Reincarnation of the Poetry thread and having a picture on the first page of the new Picture thread will be my legacy.

As for Saya: That Vegan chick that knitted mean woolen scarfs.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #17
carakitty

I think I've come across as being a little shallow and self-centered yet I am usually nice to people new and old. If I don't have anything nice to say I usually don't say anything so sometimes I'm a bit quiet.

I like this idea too but agree with Timeless Rebellion in that it is difficult to identify our own legacy because we can often never be really sure what others truly think of us.

Why don't we each make our own thread titled "carakitty's legacy" (but use your own name of course!)? Then who ever wants to give their lasting impressions may do so.

(hello spam?)
Old 12-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #18
carakitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
I'd probably be remembered as being mistaken for SCC. -.- I was here first, you dirty Australian.
Guilty as charged!
Old 12-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #19
Corpsey

It was worse when Lakisha or whatever her name was started telling me i need some women instead of man love once upon a time. Many questions were raised in my mind as to what the hell I posted to get that response.

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #20
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post

Other than that, The Kindness Game, Reincarnation of the Poetry thread and having a picture on the first page of the new Picture thread will be my legacy.

As for Saya: That Vegan chick that knitted mean woolen scarfs.
I will mail you your scarf soon! I promise! *guilt guilt* Its technically not wool though, not vegan XD I think that one was an acrylic/rayon blend, very soft and not at all itchy.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:43 PM   #21
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I will mail you your scarf soon! I promise! *guilt guilt* Its technically not wool though, not vegan XD I think that one was an acrylic/rayon blend, very soft and not at all itchy.
Re emphasis on the Vegan required. & No worries, Saya, good things come to those who wait.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:18 PM   #22
Despanan

My legacy?

It is one of crushed egos and shattered souls. I'm the writer/actor/Internet Klingon who came to Gnet to hang out with his longtime friend Kontan, while living in another city/ hiking the Appalachian Trail. I was confrontational but still fairly nice, and got the shit flamed out of me for my trouble.

Then the gloves came off and I punched Gnet in the balls until it developed stockholm syndrome and fell in love with my whacky antics. Now I spread my time between trolling and straight running shit.

I had a stint in white-knighting when I led the Martian Knights against Helpmann and Co.

I am probably at least partially responsible for:

-Alan no longer being the big dog on the forum

-Simply being an anarchist no longer making one automatically cool

-Underwater Ophelia no longer posting her poetry

-Deadman being put on mass ignore

Those who have found themselves on the end of a Despanan-led beatdown often report tears, headaches, night-terrors and an inexplicable physical attraction to me. Don't worry, I'm not vengeful and I don't hold grudges, so long as you go belly-up it should be over soon.

I also posted a couple of stories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #23
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Yeah... I did plunder your name... unknowingly! I swear! D:

At least I added 'Sir Canvas' as opposed to just 'Mr' as I originally intended.

I suppose my appreciation of the male gender is pretty central to my presence on here... oooh, and a mixed bag of work in Literature!

I've changed a lot since the first time I posted here and Maggot welcomed me in his special way.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:26 PM   #24
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saya View Post
i will mail you your scarf soon! I promise! *guilt guilt* its technically not wool though, not vegan xd i think that one was an acrylic/rayon blend, very soft and not at all itchy.
laaaaaammmmmmeeeeeeeee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #25
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
laaaaaammmmmmeeeeeeeee!
Hey man, apparently you can't freegan postage to New Zealand.