Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #5976
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
I told one of my Catholic bosses that I was a Pagan(well, I thought I was till I quit believing in illogical shit). She almost had a conniption right there.

I find that if you're a woman, people think that it's okay to tell you to 'smile' because 'you're pretty when you smile'. It's just outdated, sexist bullshit. I've yet to hear of any number of men complaining of women telling them to smile so that they look pretty. We have a vagina so it must be our duty in life to smile, look pretty and please men, right?
Well, I once had an old man tell me (upon seeing me with my hands in my pockets) "WHY DO YOU HAVE YOUR HANDS IN YOUR POCKETS! YOUR HANDS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FREE! LIKE A HAPPY BIRD!!!!!!!!!!!! *flaps hands like a moron*"
Mr.Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #5977
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Doobie View Post
Well, I once had an old man tell me (upon seeing me with my hands in my pockets) "WHY DO YOU HAVE YOUR HANDS IN YOUR POCKETS! YOUR HANDS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FREE! LIKE A HAPPY BIRD!!!!!!!!!!!! *flaps hands like a moron*"
That's extremely odd. Is that like the pants on the ground guy? Maybe they could sing a duet about weird shit olde people say?

Fuck-fuckity-fuck-fuck, I'm gonna have to drop my Math class for this summer. It makes me feel like a failure, but the teacher just confuses the hell out of me when I ask her something or acts like I'm an idiot becdause she failed to put some pertinent(like when the quizes are due) into the syllabus. I also had to spend $200 on a fucking book packet with video lectures that don't even work on my laptop or PC. Doesn't matter which version of quicktime I install.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Last edited by Grausamkeit; 06-20-2011 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Needed moar ranting!
Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #5978
BlacKat

Quote:
Fuck-fuckity-fuck-fuck, I'm gonna have to drop my Math class for this summer. It makes me feel like a failure, but the teacher just confuses the hell out of me when I ask her something or acts like I'm an idiot becdause she failed to put some pertinent(like when the quizes are due) into the syllabus. I also had to spend $200 on a fucking book packet with video lectures that don't even work on my laptop or PC. Doesn't matter which version of quicktime I install.
I suppose there isn't some sort of help center or tutoring service available? I know my school had a learning center where you could go and get things explained to you.

In terms of the completely trivial: Why can't they make a strapless top that actually stays put? It's taking me forever getting this thing I bought fixed - it's a lovely top, but at this point I could probably have made one from scratch for less effort than it's taking to modify it to stay where it's supposed to be in the first place.
BlacKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:28 PM   #5979
Grausamkeit

They have tutoring services available at the learning center, but my husband's work schedule just shifted and they won't look too kindly on him if he has to start rearranging it further for my school work. He's already had to change it and has to be late some days for the kids summer classes. I just freak out over school things. Im going to drop it and take it again with a different teacher this fall.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #5980
BlacKat

Let me guess, only one car and no public transportation? That sucks.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #5981
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacKat View Post
Why can't they make a strapless top that actually stays put? It's taking me forever getting this thing I bought fixed - it's a lovely top, but at this point I could probably have made one from scratch for less effort than it's taking to modify it to stay where it's supposed to be in the first place.

I have the same problem with strapless bras. I have yet to find one that actually holds my tits up and keeps them up. All the ones I've tried on simply end up shuffling down, and putting the swingers back into pendulum mode
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #5982
Ben Lahnger

I notice the account FakeAccount is gone, and all threads and posts by said entity appear to be wiped as well. That was fast, but predictable.

I suppose he will be back, or is already back in another form.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #5983
BlacKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
I have the same problem with strapless bras. I have yet to find one that actually holds my tits up and keeps them up. All the ones I've tried on simply end up shuffling down, and putting the swingers back into pendulum mode
I finally gave in and bought a cheap waist cincher and am in the process of sewing bra cups to it. Devilishly hard to pin the things in place when one doesn't have help, but it will keep the bra up by simple virtue of nowhere to go.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:40 PM   #5984
Ben Lahnger

I used to watch the British television space-opera Blake's 7 when it was airing on PBS here in the United States (typically after an episode of Doctor Who). I'd forgotten about it for a while, and then while doing some Brit-TV research, I stumbled across it. And I'd like to watch it again.

But PBS doesn't show it anymore. In fact, no one does. It's not on Netflix or any other such on-demand service that I'm aware of. There were VHS tapes released and the whole series came out on Region 2 DVD's, but never Region 1 so that renders those useless unless I buy an unlocked player specifically to play them.

*sigh* I'm just a little annoyed. I know it's a little old, but you can still watch the twilight zone, the original Battlestar Galactica and a ton of other old sci-fi that wasn't as good as B7. (Okay, much of TZ was very good.)

It shouldn't be that hard to watch a show in this day and age.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 06-20-2011, 11:58 PM   #5985
Versus

I hate freakishly large bugs. I found a beetle the size of my thumb crawling on me last night.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:17 AM   #5986
MissCheyenne

^ Ugh, bugs in general creep me out. Especially centipedes and earwigs. Too many legs for my liking. UGGGGGGGGGGGH.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:13 AM   #5987
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I hate freakishly large bugs. I found a beetle the size of my thumb crawling on me last night.
Fuck it! I've been found out... shit.. what am I going to do now???

Crapola... a bat one week and a freakish large bug the next.. the things I do......

*wink*

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #5988
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
Especially c********s
SHHH! DON'T SAY THE NAME !

I hate them I hate them ! They are one of the few creatures that will make me scream like a little girl , and run away flapping my hands madly before stomping up and down upon any possible unseen ones that may be in the area
Old 06-21-2011, 10:19 AM   #5989
Murder.Of.Crows

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
SHHH! DON'T SAY THE NAME !

I hate them I hate them ! They are one of the few creatures that will make me scream like a little girl , and run away flapping my hands madly before stomping up and down upon any possible unseen ones that may be in the area
Aww honey thorn. So I take it that this would scare you?

(I was gonna be mean, but I decided to make a link and be nice. Well kinda nice.)
Old 06-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #5990
Grausamkeit

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
Aww honey thorn. So I take it that this would scare you?

(I was gonna be mean, but I decided to make a link and be nice. Well kinda nice.)
You are evil, I like that.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:03 AM   #5991
Valhalla

I can't stand spiders with freakishly long legs, or earwigs. I've never seen a centipede in real life, but that picture grossed me out enough to confirm I wouldn't like them either.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #5992
BlacKat

Someone should make a list of Stupid Questions Therapists Ask About Goth. Oh well, at least this one had enough sense to admit she doesn't actually have a clue what satanism or wicca are.

And I have jewelry with bugs like that in it.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:26 PM   #5993
Still Jack

Some days I wish I had been born a cat.
Only downside: you lick your own arse.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #5994
honeythorn

I'm not clicking that! I bloody know what's in it and I don't want to break the monitor with my big boot

Incidentally, one of the few times I have to hide my face when watching a film, is during Peter Jackson's remake of King Kong. That fucking scene where she's hiding in the log from the dinosaur, and those two GIANT fucking centipedes start crawling... ohhh noooohrrrrpphhhshhrrrpppffff !!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #5995
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Some days I wish I had been born a cat.
Only downside: you lick your own arse.
^this.....................

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:16 PM   #5996
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacKat View Post
Let me guess, only one car and no public transportation? That sucks.
Pretty much. Meh, I feel like hell for having to drop the class, but at least I can take it in the fall with a different teacher.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:02 PM   #5997
Versus

There's a great video on youtube of a centipede eating a mouse.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:22 PM   #5998
CarrionCorpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
There's a great video on youtube of a centipede eating a mouse.
Woah, what? O.o
*looking right now*
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:25 PM   #5999
BlacKat

Quote:
Pretty much. Meh, I feel like hell for having to drop the class, but at least I can take it in the fall with a different teacher.
*resists urge to cuddle and pet and make it all better*

Well, at least you get to take it again.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #6000
Ben Lahnger

I was just watching a 6 minute YouTube clip from last night's episode of America's Got Talent, and while I should have been enjoying the joy and exuberance of seeing an 11 year old girl demonstrate a phenomenal singing talent, I instead was distracted by the fact that the adjective "amazing" was used 9 times in 6 minutes.

That's including the time she was singing (the song lyrics did NOT include the word amazing.) So in roughly 4 minutes of television 5 people (11 year old Anna - 3x, judges - 4x, host - 2x) abused that word to death. The only other adjectives used during the segment were "good" (2x), "awesome", "beautiful", "nervous" and "fantastic."

And it occurred to me that this is the accepted norm today. I've seen television reporters, celebrities and bloggers do it. Thank goodness we haven't gotten to the point where authors write that way, but I'm concerned it might be coming.

The lazy dumbing-down of America has happened (although technically, "dumbing" isn't actually a word) and we've all taken the attitude, "Oh well, it was inevitable. What can you do? LOL!"

[/rant]

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,