Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:31 PM   #1
jestercel85

Scents

Ok time for something a bit out there. I looked and didn't find anything resembling this so I thought I would start the thread. Do any of you have a particular brand of cologne or perfume you really like. Something maybe you would recommend to someone else?

This isn't totally random, I just bought some oils today at a place in the mall where I live, the one I bought was Egyptian Musk, and it smells awesome. Anyway just kinda wanted to throw that out there, scent is often such a neglected part of fashion but it really is a part and the right scent can bring an outfit together VERY nicely if you know what you are doing with it.
jestercel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
Solumina

This place near my university lets you mix your own scent (using up to five different scents). They have about 75 or so different essential scents that you can mix and they will custom make body wash, soap (bar form not liquid), body mist, perfume, cologne, candles, or you can just get the scent in oil form. They cost an arm and a leg but where else can you mix such things as navel orange, clove, moonflower, verbena, and leather. I wish that I could afford to get more from them, for me and for Jake, but I guess I'll just have to save up.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:50 PM   #3
korinna5555

GOTH ROSARY!
www.gothrosary.com

I have Nocturnal (my FAVORITE), Gothic Rose, and Mayhem.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:50 PM   #4
AngelikDemonik

I think nothing smells nicer than the light scent of Irish Spring Soap and freshly laundred clothes on a person.

Other than that...I love Victoria's Secret "Dream Angels--Heavenly". Baby lotion/oil/shampoo is very nice, too.
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:56 PM   #5
korinna5555

I prefer muskier, deeper scents.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:28 PM   #6
Stormtrooper of Death

The smell of music, grease and gasoline. In all reality I like Musk but I havent worn the stuff in a while. Shows the last time I had a date. But I might have to break it out again. Somebody at my school likes me. :]
Old 12-13-2007, 03:33 PM   #7
honeythorn

I love Michael Kors perfume. It smells almost like big white funeral lilies to me. I like rose scented things too.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:55 PM   #8
Delkaetre

I sometimes use a little bit of Inis, a scent suitable for male or female.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:27 PM   #9
electrosexual

Oh I LOVE Inis!

I also loveeee Alien. But I haven't used it in ages as it's quite pricey >-<

If I'm dressing more new romantic, I use Red Door By Elisabeth Arden.

Oh yes and I love Clinique's "Happy".
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:28 PM   #10
jestercel85

For those of you who like musk try and find Egyptian Musk somewhere, it smells SOOO good and apparently is an aphrodisiac lol, if the guy was not lying. I would have believed anything he said since he was hot lol, anyway it is unisex and again it smells really good.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #11
killer_asian_Dax

The only scent stuff I wear is this stuff called Basic Instinct. I bought it because it smelled kind of tropical punchy. Later on my friend told me it's got pheremones in them. I was suprised and considered buying something else to wear, but seeing as it's hard for me to find scents that don't completely offend my nose, I still have the basic instinct stuff and wear it.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:06 PM   #12
deafasadoornail

I have to wear scents that have a "dark" or musky background to them. The light, floral stuff smells like complete alcohol on my skin. I am one of the rare people who can wear Opium and not clear the room. I like Opium quite a bit, and some of Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs stuff, although they don't have as much staying power. I'm currently wearing Midnight at the Midway from the Carnival Diabolique collection, which has lovely top and middle notes and dries down to a nice candy-ish undertone by the end of the day.
deafasadoornail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:59 PM   #13
korinna5555

I have to wear/pull off the musky scents, too. Every time I wear Nocturnal, people tell me I smell wonderful. (Nocturnal is clove, pachouli, and Nag Champa.. VERY dark and musky. I LOVE it.)

Light, floral crap makes me soooo nauseated. One exception.. The Goth Rosary Gothic Rose lotion I have is smells exactly like the musky English roses, not some girly shit.

I love Goth Rosary stuff because it's fairly inexpensive, lasts forever, and is not animal tested. Plus, my ubersensitive skin doesn't go RAWR when I put some on..
Old 12-13-2007, 06:24 PM   #14
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
It is mass marketed, but I like English Leather. I don't wear cologne that often, just a few times a year for special occasions.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:30 PM   #15
AngelikDemonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafasadoornail
I have to wear scents that have a "dark" or musky background to them. The light, floral stuff smells like complete alcohol on my skin. I am one of the rare people who can wear Opium and not clear the room. I like Opium quite a bit, and some of Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs stuff, although they don't have as much staying power. I'm currently wearing Midnight at the Midway from the Carnival Diabolique collection, which has lovely top and middle notes and dries down to a nice candy-ish undertone by the end of the day.
My mother LOVES Opium. I just bought her some for X-mas, even though it makes my allergies go crazy.
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:02 PM   #16
badteccy

I love patchoulli and burn it often.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:17 PM   #17
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
Which is why being in your room is kick-arse. It smells great.

Me though, I wear Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab's "Zombi". It's made to smell like roses and moss and upturned earth. I love the scent of upturned earth. It's the best smelling thing ever.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #18
wonderland

I layer either BPAL Eat Me or Antique Lace (both are vanilla based) with Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar lotion and use the Karma Komba shampoo bar by Lush. The lotion gives the oil staying power and the green scent of the shampoo keeps the vanilla from being cloying. I've been told by many people that I'm the best thing they've ever smelled, and I'm very popular for hugs. There's also a guy at work who sits down behind me and smells my hair a lot...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure its the combination that makes it so popular. One alone doesn't quite do it, and this scent appeals even to those weird people who hate vanilla. Its also surprisingly subtle. Every once in a while I change it up totally and wear BPAL Dracul, which smells of fir, dark cherry, and tobacco. Very dark and sensual.
wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:34 PM   #19
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
Whoo!

I also like my sage smudge sticks, but my mom hates the smell.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:05 PM   #20
jestercel85

So I have been looking at that BPAL as I had never heard of it before and they have some awesome stuff, some of those scents sound like something I would LOVE to own lol. Dracul is one of them and also Nosferatu, that one seems to be one that would be quite lovely. Anyone tried that one and could vouch for it?
Old 12-13-2007, 08:21 PM   #21
wonderland

you can order imp's ears from BPAL. They're little sample bottles that last about a month. Awesome way to try a new scent.
wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:44 PM   #22
jestercel85

oooh I will have to try that perhaps. Thanks a bunch.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:13 PM   #23
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestercel85
For those of you who like musk try and find Egyptian Musk somewhere, it smells SOOO good and apparently is an aphrodisiac lol, if the guy was not lying. I would have believed anything he said since he was hot lol, anyway it is unisex and again it smells really good.
Oh, I have some of that stuff.
It's really the best thing I've ever smelled.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:28 PM   #24
Godslayer Jillian

I use Lacoste Essentials. It mixes so well with me that my car has a signature scent everyone loves, or, at least pretty girls and one guy.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:19 AM   #25
Shadows_Jukebox

I wear Nina Ricci purfume, I love the smell of apples and elderflower which is what the scent reminds me of ^^ But in all honesty I need a deeper purfume for special occaisions but I have trouble finding one that I actually like. But my brother made me a perfume that smells like gun powder and I love it to death.
Shadows_Jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote