Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:47 PM   #1
Saddiction

When in Rome...

While sitting at work and browsing news sites, I came across this article:
http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/...1-83c756d5b237

Nothing gets under my skin more than not-so-minority minorities who bitch and complain if they don't get their way. Not being able to wear a hijab in an ASIAN sport tournament should not even be an issue. Really. The hijabs were banned because of safety issues and because it would be breaking the pre-existing rules. Thing is, Muslims don't like to take no for an answer. Perhaps that's just me being a prejudice bitch, but coming from a city where the Muslim population is roughly 75,000 (enough to populate a small town), I see it more often. I can't fucking stand it when people play the race/religion card every chance they get. It really pisses me off. In my opinion, if people want to make exceptions for rules/laws based on religion or race, I think it's time they pack their bags.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:52 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

When in Rome... prove your manhood by pissing in the Colosseum.
I do agree with you.
Ladies and gents, I present you:
Religious fanaticism crashes against common pragmatic sense.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:02 PM   #3
mrs.wes straker

They're only treating me like this 'cause I'm black! (just kidding) I hate this crap too. If watching the western world proves anything, it proves that you can be whatever you want to be, as long as you work for it.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:06 PM   #4
KontanKarite

I'm still waiting for the day when nothing that isn't harmful is shocking anymore. Like green hair or some shit like that.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:01 AM   #5
Valerius

Not all muslims are bad, seriously. The bad ones just give the rest of the good ones a really bad name.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:38 AM   #6
KontanKarite

Actually, no. We're not all white. But... what point are you trying to make, Bloopie?

Old 04-17-2007, 04:39 AM   #7
KontanKarite

*sigh*

I've covered this subject already.

Old 04-17-2007, 05:06 AM   #8
Vako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloopie
Aren't all of you white, except for Wes?
Yeeeaaahhh...

"We're" all white...
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:16 AM   #9
Saddiction

Quote:
That you haven't got a clue about discrimination and racism until you've lived it. You can watch a Martin Luther King speech, but not get anywhere near close to understanding the powerful implications of what he says unless you understand the beast itself.
The point of the thread was to express frustration about how where I live people try to be exempt from rules/laws based on race OR religion. Muslim is a religion, not a race so you might want to read again before making the assumption that this is a racist thread.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:52 AM   #10
Saddiction

Quote:
Aren't all of you white, except for Wes?
No. Not everyone on gothic.net is white. What difference does being white make regarding muslims who want to wear hijabs in a tae-kwan-do tournament? The point is that perhaps the muslims in the article I posted should be respecting the rules of the sport rather than whining about not getting their way. Furthermore if the said muslims WERE white, I'd still feel the same way about it.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:29 AM   #11
mrs.wes straker

I think it's funny that you only find black goths and punks here and there. Black people and their ideals of what it is to be black make me sick. If you're not just like them, they discriminate against you-- even though you look like them genetically.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:08 PM   #12
mrs.wes straker

Quote:
Yes, that's quite infuriating. The hottest black girl I ever saw was 'goffic.' Damn she gave me jungle fever...wait scratch that. I saw a hotter one, but she doesn't count...she's mean.
I thought mean girls would be right up your alley :-P Are you Spanish?
Old 04-17-2007, 07:27 PM   #13
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
That you haven't got a clue about discrimination and racism until you've lived it.
Haha, well, I have had my share of discrimination.
I'm a liberal, Mexican, atheist, underage citizen in a conservative Christian city that is almost unanimously in favor of building a wall around the border.
But racism should be discussed elsewhere. This thread is more of pointless dogmas conflicting with the rest of the world.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:41 PM   #14
mrs.wes straker

Alright so I'll continue with my complaint about black people. It aggravates me so that black people say I'm not black enough. It also aggravates me that so many of them don't want to be discriminated against but they are exceedingly racist. They think it's OK because of past circumstances, but realistically, I don't know one black person today who was actually a slave. The only way things will change for these people who claim their worlds can only be black is if they take down the barriers in their minds. This is also pointless to talk about, I realize, because any black person that would argue with me wouldn't be on this website. Being on this website isn't "keeping it real." Whatever. This is a racism subject again, isn't it? I do find it's at least a little bit relevant to the original post.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:57 PM   #15
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
For me I hate illegal mexican immegrants who make things worse for us. I say this as a half Columbian (which due to the lack of mixing is really spanish) and second generation born American. My grandparents both immegrated here legaly, they maintained and instilled very strong Catholic beliefs within my mother and my aunts and uncles, and provided for their every need for their future. Everywhere they went they left a good strong lasting impression. Now we have hispanic gangs wearing clothes and other things adorned with images of our lady of Guadelupe as they spill blood upon her face. My mother must undergo suffering created by the steriotypes made by these illegal immegrants. They are hurting the hispanic community, ruining our good strong reputation. The blood of our ancestors is ruined by them. There are honest good illegal immegrants however but I fear their numbers are dwindling. I do not know who to side with, the efforts to remove them or to keep them. But the bad ones must go.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:04 PM   #16
Valerius

Let's not let this degrade into an argument about racism, shall we? I mean, the original topic relates to Islam, and Islam isn't a race but a religion.

I really can't see a connection between hateful discrimination and why these kids simply won't abide by the rules and take of their damn head dresses? Oh wow, people are soooo racist because they won't let me keep their hijab while I play taekwondo, but I don't care I will be world champion by hook or by crook!

You see, the problem I see here is that clothing can be taken off, and it's not like as if you have a choice when push comes to shove. Skin can't, unless you want to die. So, I really can't see a problem here unless some douche in the sports admin really was discriminating against muslims. Next thing you know some muslim wise-ass is gonna start whining about how these rules were designed to put the muslim man down, then you'll see the sparks fly.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:09 PM   #17
mrs.wes straker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerius
Next thing you know some muslim wise-ass is gonna start whining about how these rules were designed to put the muslim man down, then you'll see the sparks fly.
Next thing you know, we're going to start seeing muslim rappers.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:23 PM   #18
mrs.wes straker

Quote:
Nope, mam. I am Native American, English, Welsh, French, German, Italian, and Sicilian. I like very sweet girls, because I am a huge teddy bear and I love to snuggle and kiss and do all that baby-talk stuff. I am not joking either.
EEEEEWWWWWW!
Old 04-17-2007, 11:59 PM   #19
KontanKarite

If it's a safety issue, then I would say... fuck it. Let them wear their head dressings during a taekwondo match. But the moment your ass gets hurt because the dressing was unsafe, it's on you.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:29 AM   #20
Valerius

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.wes straker
Next thing you know, we're going to start seeing muslim rappers.
I wouldn't be surprised.

Old 04-18-2007, 04:15 PM   #21
Saddiction

Quote:
No, it doesn't matter if they were white Muslims or not. I just don't think any of you know what racism feels like. I find that ignorance like that is annoying, and you have no place to judge until you've been there, or fully understand it.
Who's being racist?
Old 04-18-2007, 04:24 PM   #22
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerius
I really can't see a connection between hateful discrimination and why these kids simply won't abide by the rules and take of their damn head dresses? Oh wow, people are soooo racist because they won't let me keep their hijab while I play taekwondo, but I don't care I will be world champion by hook or by crook!
Yeah, I can't either, but the moment someone mentions another religion or race it MUST be racism *rolls eyes*.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:44 PM   #23
MollyMac

Simply put-
If one, then all. If not, then none.

You cannot pick for someone what parts of their race, religion, nationality et al you will or will not accept. Either you do or you don't.

And people have a right to stand up for their principles.

If you are living in a country that espouses blanket freedoms and has amendments to that effect, then the same must be upheld by teh people becuase god knows the courts do not care.

Is the hajib a personal choice? Yes. It is one that is encompassed by a greater tent of someone who did not pick and choose aspects of their religion and nationality but held to it and did not lose theselves to American Soup.

If she hets hurt in martial arts, it was her choice.

It's the same as making a Catholic nun remover her cover- only no one asks for that, now do they?

Golly Gee.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:24 AM   #24
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
Simply put-
If one, then all. If not, then none.

You cannot pick for someone what parts of their race, religion, nationality et al you will or will not accept. Either you do or you don't.

And people have a right to stand up for their principles.

If you are living in a country that espouses blanket freedoms and has amendments to that effect, then the same must be upheld by teh people becuase god knows the courts do not care.

Is the hajib a personal choice? Yes. It is one that is encompassed by a greater tent of someone who did not pick and choose aspects of their religion and nationality but held to it and did not lose theselves to American Soup.

If she hets hurt in martial arts, it was her choice.

It's the same as making a Catholic nun remover her cover- only no one asks for that, now do they?

Golly Gee.
Nuns wouldn;t be allowed to wear their habits. What part of this can't people undertand? They are pre-existing tournament rules. Scarves or loose fabric around the head isn't to be worn. No matter who you are.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:37 AM   #25
Saddiction

Quote:
It's better to be safe than sorry.
You never answered my previous question, Bloopie.