Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-16-2009, 08:04 AM   #376
Stormtrooper of Death

Didn't anyone like my "punks of the world" thing?
Old 04-16-2009, 03:30 PM   #377
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZyklonB View Post
Get on all fours SCC ;o And I'll take you for a riiidddeee.

In other news, I just thought i'd put it up here because this sounds fucking crazy.

I was offered 10,000 cash to marry this girl from the philipines because her parents want her to get paperwork and stuff to get into the US or for citizenship or some shit, and so want to cheat the system. It's a niece of a co-worker of my mothers or some shit. And after she gets her stuff done, they pay for the divorce. How Crazy is THAT.

Of course I said no, I'm really NOT that type of guy at all. I've heard of people doing that kind of stuff, but wow. Didn't think it would come my way. Plus, I don't want the divorced title so damn early in my life, xD If at all.

Christ in a Sidecar.
Damn...

...I'd totally be down! Just sayin'..
Old 04-16-2009, 06:01 PM   #378
Saya

Something very nerdy: My roommate's birthday party is on Sunday, and where a lot of people are having exams at this time its hard to get a big group of people together, so about ten people are coming over and we're playing a murder mystery game about a lighthouse keeper who was shot to death. We all get cards beforehand to tell us what character we will be playing and what to wear for a costume, I'm the lighthouse keeper's "delicate and frail" daughter who is a little off her rocker. I have to wear a white dress and look "ghostly".

Its going to be hilarious, I can't act to save my life (I can't help it, I can't keep a straight face and I giggle a lot) and being drunk won't help either. Kimmy's supposed to be an old murder-mystery writer and our friend Shawn is a nefarious sea captain, not sure who the other people are going to be.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:09 PM   #379
Man In Room 5

Right now I'm wearing the shirt in my profile pic and that pic is at least 3 years old. Most of my T-shirts never make it this long.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:39 PM   #380
korinna5555

I just got out of the shower, and am all soft and good-smelling.

..not that I normally smell bad, lolz.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:29 PM   #381
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Something very nerdy: My roommate's birthday party is on Sunday, and where a lot of people are having exams at this time its hard to get a big group of people together, so about ten people are coming over and we're playing a murder mystery game about a lighthouse keeper who was shot to death. We all get cards beforehand to tell us what character we will be playing and what to wear for a costume, I'm the lighthouse keeper's "delicate and frail" daughter who is a little off her rocker. I have to wear a white dress and look "ghostly".

Its going to be hilarious, I can't act to save my life (I can't help it, I can't keep a straight face and I giggle a lot) and being drunk won't help either. Kimmy's supposed to be an old murder-mystery writer and our friend Shawn is a nefarious sea captain, not sure who the other people are going to be.
I wanna play!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #382
korinna5555

I find this absolutely hysterical.. perhaps I'm more tired than I thought?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ey_cropped.jpg
Old 04-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #383
Solumina

Erm that was not at all what I was expecting
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:56 PM   #384
korinna5555

What were you expecting?

The mouse is like *grr* and doesn't realize his head was ripped off.

Yes.. I think it's time for sleep now..
Old 04-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #385
Solumina

It reminds me of Happy Tree Friends...only not animated

I don't know what I expected, something like a talking muffin maybe?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #386
korinna5555

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1239940905
Old 04-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #387
Solumina

Hahahahaha
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-16-2009, 10:12 PM   #388
Bonquisha Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E Nigma View Post
I wanna play!
Me too!

sregsdf
Bonquisha Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #389
Mr E Nigma

I'm never watching laser eye surgery again.... Fucking christ they put a metal ring around the iris to puff it out so they could run this thin blade over top of it to slice off a thin layer of the iris. They then peel back the layer of iris to expose the cornea and mark spots on it so they know where the thin layer goes back when they're done.

They then take this pulsating laser that shoots 50 beams per pulse to burn in the perfect shape to make the cornea see 20/20. The doc doesn't do much as far as surgery goes with the laser, the computer is pre-programmed to give everyone the same 20/20 shape.

But seriously... watching a thin piece of one's eyelid sliced and peeled back. Fuckkkk... then after it was over they just fold it back over like it never happened, apparently the suction from the eyeball itself, the pressure of the muscles or whatever the hell it was sucks the thin layer back on top of the eye and it seals itself shut.

Laser eye surgery is intense!
Old 04-17-2009, 01:12 AM   #390
Solumina

Newport News's finest

They recently did an event called Walk a Mile in Her Shoes to raise awareness and funds for the local abused women's shelter and there are a lot of photos floating around that don't say anything about the event so there have been more than a few people wondering why so many of Newport News's finest are fond of high heels. The event was actually a pretty big success and certainly did manage to get a lot of attention despite almost nonexistent advertising.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #391
Delkaetre

I have my new glasses. I got my mother to order them through my old optician, because my old optician is the only one I know who's heard of and carries this particular brand. She sent them over, and I've had photoreactive lenses put in them.
They are... and yes, I did get them just for the slightly 'goth' value... Bauhaus brand. They also damn snazzy and I think they quite suit my face, much nicer than anything of a similar style that my current optician was offering for the same price.

So now I have contact lens for Whitby, new Bauhaus glasses that can double as sunglasses because of the lens type, and a couple spare pairs in case I lose or damage these, or don't want to wear them to something.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #392
Duane

Some customer at the store yesterday gave me a hard time over some lyrics I'm writing. 1. You don't read a musician's lyrics unless you ask for his/her permission. 2. There's no law saying a musician can't write about jerking off to hot chicks is there?
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #393
Delkaetre

1 is a matter of etiquette- it may be rude, but it's not prohibited. 2 is also a matter of etiquette- you can write what you want, but you might want to consider what you're writing in public if you're touchy about it being read.
Mind you, if you're at work you're probably also meant to be working instead of writing lyrics. Is it that hard to put your arm over them if someone's nearby and might be looking?

(says the girl who spent an hour cutting out paper doll chains of dancing skeletons and Cthulus)
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #394
honeythorn

*sigh* why do all the nicest shoes have to have such huge heels ( well huge for me anyway ) I can't walk in anything over 3 inches and the ones I'm ogling on Ebay are all 4.5 or bigger :-(
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:44 AM   #395
Duane

When there's work to do, I do it. When I have customers, I service them, check tem out... in both sense of the word, depending on how hot she is. There's alot of time, though, when it's dead which is when I write lyrics. If I knew she was here I would've been more business like, but I was in the back stocking some of Milks' favorite cookie.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #396
korinna5555

I'm happy because my Battle of the Books team came in first place at semi-finals today.

I'm also amused that our moderator commented my Cure patch. Turns out we went to the same concert the last time the Cure were in town. ^^
Old 04-17-2009, 02:13 PM   #397
Duane

Speaking of Moderators... Dirtnap seems to be absent.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #398
Anarasha

I am in the trial period of the education I hope to start, I have no girlfriend/boyfriend, I am watching "Charmed" for the fourth time and generally, I am bored :P
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:23 PM   #399
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E Nigma View Post
I wanna play!
I don't know if I'd be able to get drunk and role play with you and be somewhat appropriate in front of people I don't know very well XD
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:42 PM   #400
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane View Post
Some customer at the store yesterday gave me a hard time over some lyrics I'm writing. 1. You don't read a musician's lyrics unless you ask for his/her permission. 2. There's no law saying a musician can't write about jerking off to hot chicks is there?
Duane, shut up.
I used to think you had a chance at not being pathetic, but you don't.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote