Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 01-31-2007, 07:55 PM   #176
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Wouldn't dream of stealing a man's taco. That is treachery worthy of only the lowest... uh... low down... dirty... deceivers. Yeah.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:20 AM   #177
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
I said life is well there? And just what are the dates on some of these remarks? We're not talking about things that were said over two years ago, are we? Oh wait, I just saw your post in the other thread. You're refering to my remarks about energy output succeeding pre-war levels. Yes, I'll stand by those statistics.
Ye might want to check that thread, where I post data that directly contradicts your statements. Again.

As far as some report yer referring to - once again yer way off on the report, but thats for another thread. In fact the said report backs my statements saying there was NO link between sadaam and al-qeda - something you STILL contend, much like cheney.

As far as my personal life, you really don't know anything about me, even my age, as you continue to post incorrect items here, making really specific statements about things you really know nothing about.

What we know about you is you never went to college, you were denying entry into the us military because of your mental capacity, or was it mental state? Anyway, the us military, in your own words, wouldn't let you join because your crazy.

I find it hard to believe an uneducated person who has been deemed a mental case by the us military really has a leg to stand on when trying to call people crazy and say they make stuff up. I was in the us military - they didn't call me crazy and send me home like they did you. Trying to claim I was 16 at the time (once again telling me you have no idea how old I am) is quite funny, but to be expected from the mentally insane.

I feel sorry for you - with your lack of reality and all, pity you even, but hey - maybe if you keep taking your pills they might let you in soon - with all the standards being lowered they need new cannon fodder.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:25 AM   #178
CptSternn

Quote:
I don't think everyone neccessarily views it as a problem. Some individuals who are fat are content with themselves and their lifestyle. On the other end of the spectrum, some individuals only eat one meal a day or so and are honestly content with their lifestyles. To each their own, you know? :P
It's not a problem? Hrmm..watching the news and what not one might get a different view...

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&cl...G=Search&meta=

By yer standards then smoking is not a health issue, and hey, shoot some heroin while yer at it - to each their own, eh?

Why is it in america do people try and claim when they can't argue their position that its 'a free country' or try and blame their parents/job/<fill-in-the-blank> for whatever it is that they can't seem to fix themselves.

No one kills anyone because they are angry anymore, they do it because of stress at work. If yer caught abusing a child, well, thats because their parents did it as well so they should get a free pass.

If yer fat, hey, thats not yer fault - your eating habits are spawned from your lifestyle so blame society.

That in a nutshell was my original argument when I started this thread. Thanks for furthering it with a perfect example of an 'its not my fault' argument.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:28 AM   #179
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinetm
I keep fit and trim with the "potatoes and Guinness" diet.
Tis a fine diet! I'm on that meself
Old 02-01-2007, 04:27 AM   #180
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinstripesAndPithHelmets
Wouldn't dream of stealing a man's taco. That is treachery worthy of only the lowest... uh... low down... dirty... deceivers. Yeah.

A little off topic, I know, but I'm gonna jump in here with this:

Mexicans stage tortilla protest

Mexicans are angry at the rise in price of their staple food
Tens of thousands of people have marched through Mexico City in a protest against the rising price of tortillas.

The price of the flat corn bread, the main source of calories for many poor Mexicans, recently rose by over 400%.

President Felipe Calderon has said the government will clamp down on hoarding and speculation to ease the problem.

But some blame the rise on demand for corn to make environmentally-friendly biofuels in the United States.

Agreement ignored

The BBC's Duncan Kennedy in Mexico City says the protest was noisy, passionate and angry.

The recent tortilla price rises have been the worst in decades, sparking fears that some could face malnourishment.

For many of Mexico's poorest people the tortilla is a staple of their diet, with as much as a third of their wages being spent on the bread.

Mr Calderon has ordered his agriculture secretary to import corn to try to ease the problem.

And earlier this month he signed a pact with a number of business groups that they would cap the price of tortillas at 8.5 pesos (77 US cents) per kilogram, but many have chosen to ignore the agreement, which is not legally binding.

Under the 1994 North American Free Trade Agreement, Mexico used to get cheap corn imports from the US, but Mexico's Economy Minister Eduardo Sojo has said that with more US corn being diverted into ethanol production, supply is dwindling.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:23 AM   #181
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
As far as my personal life, you really don't know anything about me, even my age, as you continue to post incorrect items here, making really specific statements about things you really know nothing about.
First off, no one really gives a shit about your personal life here, Sternn. You're the one who comes here and touts to be best buddies with heads of state and that you evade taxes and hide assets from the IRS. 90% of what you have said about yourself has turned out to be a lie or EXTREMELY hard for even an idiot to swallow. So yes, I don't know much about you at all despite you having spent half of your time sharing personal details about yourself that aren't true.

Quote:
What we know about you is you never went to college, you were denying entry into the us military because of your mental capacity, or was it mental state? Anyway, the us military, in your own words, wouldn't let you join because your crazy.
Again, absolutely hilarious that you are reverting back to this again. You're mad cause I haven't shared many details of my life here for you to use as ammunition - so you literally make this story up that I've never been to college. But wait a minute, wasn't it in another thread that you claimed to be able to beat my college portfolio without ever having known what my major was? Sounds like more waffling, Sternn. Again, you don't believe what you say and you just end up making yourself look like an idiot when you're trying to insult someone.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:29 AM   #182
Binkie

Quote:
It's not a problem? Hrmm..watching the news and what not one might get a different view...
How's the alcoholism going, Sternn? How many Guinesses do you brag about putting back again? And remind me here, where do you fall on the Body Mass Index chart again? Yes, I'll take your concerns as being genuine and honest, since you're such a healthy guy. By the way, in case I don't see you again, have a happy liver-failure! Cirrhosis isn't as bad as some folks make it out to be.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 02-01-2007, 12:58 PM   #183
nuksaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Sternn
us military
Really? Not to maintain off topic, but I am curious as to what branch, how long, and when you served.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:27 PM   #184
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh

*insert the mexican tortilla article
It wouldn't be half as bad if companies, or even the government, invested in better agricultural techniques. Maybe buying some modern farming equipment from America, or studying the US farming methods.
It's sad that we have more natural resources than you, but our output is less than a third of yours.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:54 PM   #185
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuksaa
Really? Not to maintain off topic, but I am curious as to what branch, how long, and when you served.
This should be good.

Remember that in answering, Sternn, it needs to coorelate with this post:

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showpo...&postcount=178

as well as your myspace profile:

http://www.myspace.com/cptsternn

Unless of course you happened to lie not only about your age, but when you graduated from highschoool. Or you lied about actually serving in the first Gulf War.

You also made mention before that you were responsible in the Gulf War for saving fellow soldiers from shark infested waters from a helicopter. By my calculations, that'd make you a pararescuman with the United States Air Force, which requires you to be a certified scuba diver, a certified Emergency Medical Technician, trained as a combat medic, amongt other specialties. So I guess at the earliest, that makes you 36 years old, right? There's no way you could have gone through Basic and Tech schools and become an apprentice by 1991 if you were still in highschool, which according to your MySpace page and your age, indicates you graduated in 1992. So where are you lying? Here or there?
Old 02-01-2007, 05:31 PM   #186
ArtificialOne

Have him post his DD-214. End of story.

And I agree with jillian. If they would invest more in agg development they would have more food, etc. And to touch on robots..lol.. John Deer is r/d'ing autonomous harvesting machines guided by gps...kinda cool....

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:09 PM   #187
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Perhaps I should point out that if you all really want Sternn to go away you might, y'know, ignore him?
Old 02-01-2007, 06:20 PM   #188
ArtificialOne

Yeah.. I thought that..but then, who would I senselessly argue with when I'm bored...lol

I just can't understand his infatuation with america....?

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:19 PM   #189
raggedyanne

for all of you complaining of overweight americans, may I direct you towards the county of marin, where I'm forced to live. The majority of people there are rich and anorexic/bulemic. The poorer people are forced to buy fatty fast food because our screwed up government doesn't want to deal with anything but keeping their banks full. I'm 5'3" and 126. That's about average. I get called fat every fucking day. If you want complain about fat people when you don't even live in the same country as thoe your complaining about then please; take a chicken wing and kindly shove up your ass.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:16 AM   #190
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh

Mexicans stage tortilla protest

Mexicans are angry at the rise in price of their staple food
Tens of thousands of people have marched through Mexico City in a protest against the rising price of tortillas.

The price of the flat corn bread, the main source of calories for many poor Mexicans, recently rose by over 400%.

President Felipe Calderon has said the government will clamp down on hoarding and speculation to ease the problem.

But some blame the rise on demand for corn to make environmentally-friendly biofuels in the United States.

Agreement ignored

The BBC's Duncan Kennedy in Mexico City says the protest was noisy, passionate and angry.

The recent tortilla price rises have been the worst in decades, sparking fears that some could face malnourishment.

For many of Mexico's poorest people the tortilla is a staple of their diet, with as much as a third of their wages being spent on the bread.

Mr Calderon has ordered his agriculture secretary to import corn to try to ease the problem.

And earlier this month he signed a pact with a number of business groups that they would cap the price of tortillas at 8.5 pesos (77 US cents) per kilogram, but many have chosen to ignore the agreement, which is not legally binding.

Under the 1994 North American Free Trade Agreement, Mexico used to get cheap corn imports from the US, but Mexico's Economy Minister Eduardo Sojo has said that with more US corn being diverted into ethanol production, supply is dwindling.
I was going to post this under the oil thread but you beat me to it! Onec again shows the face of the oil industry. And the fact american corporations are willing to starve third world citizens if it means making a quick buck.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:19 AM   #191
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuksaa
Email me off site and I'll fill you in.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:26 AM   #192
CptSternn

Quote:
This should be good.

Remember that in answering, Sternn, it needs to coorelate with this post:

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showpo...&postcount=178

as well as your myspace profile:

http://www.myspace.com/cptsternn

Unless of course you happened to lie not only about your age, but when you graduated from highschoool. Or you lied about actually serving in the first Gulf War.

Wow, a person who doesn't have his real address posted in MySpace or on Yahoo? Who would have thought it possible?

You obviously either don't have a clue, or are just plain ignorant. With the dozens of news reports and even more magazines that have been writing about identity theft over that past THREE years how anyone would post their real info there is beyond me.

Every profile you check on my yahoo/hotmail/myspace/friendster/bebo/facester/etc all have different birthdays and ages listed. They also all use different email addresses. I have a small database on what is where, and track what spam comes from which site originally along with who claims to know what about me - like yerself for example. If figured you had been to the MySpace page at least, as you keep claiming I was 17 back in '90, which coincides with the date posted there.

But like I said, you know sweet FA about me other than what I post there. But thanks for once again furthering my point.

Also good to see once again you try and take the threads off topic in efforts to start a person flame war. Thats three back to back posts with nothing but personal attacks, not one single reference to the topic. I feel loved.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:06 AM   #193
edible_eye

Quote:
No glitch brought me in. The right wing friends of yours were all booted from here. Banned for life, and the new mods removed their ban list, which included me.

Question is, with all yer mates now cast off - why you ye still here?
Just for the record, I (one of Binkie's "right wing friends") was neither banned nor booted. I left voluntarily due to the pervasive silliness surrounding the boards way back when, as well as for reasons associated with my writing.

I haven't wandered these halls in quite some time. Nostalgia... I'm feelin' it.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:59 AM   #194
jacquelinetm

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
Just for the record, I (one of Binkie's "right wing friends") was neither banned nor booted. I left voluntarily due to the pervasive silliness surrounding the boards way back when, as well as for reasons associated with my writing.

Welcome back and nice to meet you, Edible.

"Don't point the finger at me
I am only a rat in a maze like you
And only the dead go free"
-- Roger Waters
4:41AM (Sexual Revolution)
The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking
jacquelinetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:29 AM   #195
Binkie

Quote:
With the dozens of news reports and even more magazines that have been writing about identity theft over that past THREE years how anyone would post their real info there is beyond me.
If you can't back up anything you say about yourself and refuse to with this pathetic explanation (coming from a guy who threated to track someone else down at a convention cause they didn't like what they posted here), then don't talk about yourself AT ALL.

But alas, you are a pathelogical liar who volunteers treasure troves of information, and now you're admitting to lying about most of it. It's now obvious that you'll do everything under to sun to weasel your way out of having to face confrontation over your lies. Now I'm really curious to see what Nukusaa turns up. Why happens if it turns out to be a forgery or a lie though, Sternn? Will you revert back to this claim that you wouldn't REALLY send your real information to him?

You want to keep your life private? You can start by NOT POSTING WHERE YOU ATTENDED SCHOOL AND COLLEGE. If it's a lie, then why volunteer it at all? You even went back in another thread about school shootings and claimed you went to a different school (claiming that you lived the "hard-knock" life) than the one listed on both your Live Journal and myspace profiles. Either way, my friend, that makes you a liar. You have volunteered false information a number of times and it conflicts with information you've volunteered elsewhere. This pathetic excuse doesn't float at all.

Quote:
Every profile you check on my yahoo/hotmail/myspace/friendster/bebo/facester/etc all have different birthdays and ages listed.
You list different birthdays? Really now? They must be off by no more than a month because your Live Journal account has the EXACT SAME dates listed for where you attended school and college. The birthday there coorelates with the EXACT age listed on your MySpace profile.

Next question is: If you're so proud of your service to the United States, how come you don't list it at ALL on either your MySpace or Live Journal accounts? You went to the extent of listing everything else you attended. Matter of fact, it's not listed in with your resume, which you've voluntarily posted and bragged about on your own website. Hmmm... now I'd think something as credentially advancing as being a Pararescuman would be something of note somewhere. Hell, you had to have spent damn near 6 years with the job.

Or wait... how about where you work now? The local government since you claim to be an elected politician. Why isn't that listed or mentioned ANYWHERE?

It wouldn't happen to be because you don't want people who really know you to wonder why you're lying about that, isn't it?
Old 02-02-2007, 11:49 AM   #196
Binkie

Haha. Morbid curiosity bring you back here too, e_e?
Old 02-02-2007, 12:36 PM   #197
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
I know I won't probably see you often yet, EE, but I've missed you.
Quote:
And the fact american corporations are willing to starve third world citizens if it means making a quick buck.
Sternn, maintain your attitude towards Mexico that you had a couple of pages ago. No one forced us to give away our corn. We sell it because selling the corn for ethanol is more profitable. Indeed millions of people now struggle to maintain their diets with such a drastic increase in price, but looking at the big picture, Mexico accrues more money in its exports. That's the good news.
Sure, you can look at the bad new, that the price of the tortilla is 8.5 pesos. But have you touched anything more than the surface of this 'problem'?
That number is not the average price of the tortillas now. It's a price ceiling that Calderon implemented, so that tortillas won't be sold at a higher price than that.
Many places that sell tortillas ignore this price ceiling and sell them at more expensive prices, but yet chain stores like Comercial Mexicana and Soriana sell their tortillas (brand tortillas) at about 5 pesos, just like the price before the inflation. If you don't believe me I can go to Soriana in five minutes and tell you the exact price of the tortillas in there. That's how available that chain store is, and the Comercial Mexicana is even more common in southern Mexico.
With places selling their tortillas at 5 pesos, guess where are people going to buy them. Tortillerías that charge 9 pesos for theirs will inevitably have to lower their prices or else no one would buy from them.
Once again, you see capitalism evening itself out in a matter of time.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:27 PM   #198
nuksaa

Quote:
Email me off site and I'll fill you in.
Receive this answer from here.

Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help.

I don't have a myspace account and www.sternn.com won't load.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:59 PM   #199
edible_eye

Quote:
Haha. Morbid curiosity bring you back here too, e_e?
Up late at night with nothing else to do, so I figured I'd wander in and see whether the landscape sparked any memories. Ol' Mount Sternn remains, as always, the firing range for your munitions.

Some things never change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
I know I won't probably see you often yet, EE, but I've missed you.
Thanx, kid. You're a good doob. Glad to see you're still out and having fun.

You still teaching the world about romance? You definitely gave me reason to pause a time or two and rethink my stance on where my heart was at, related to my wife.

If I didn't tell you before I left - thanx for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinetm
Welcome back and nice to meet you, Edible.
I'm not back, but thank you all the same - and it's nice to meet you too.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:27 PM   #200
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
You still teaching the world about romance?
Indeed; in a more nihilistic point of view, though. Love to me used to be an absolute. Now it's a type of perfection. And as anything perfect, it is impossible that it exists. But it's still the most beautiful perfect ideal on can try to reach. In a world without meaning or purpose, striving for Pure Love gives a sense of direction and fulfillment.
First there were many gods, then there was one god, then there was an impersonal god. The next step is for Love to take the place of God, just as I said that my god is Love.

Anyway, back to Americans (or Mexicans)

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote: