Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:43 PM   #26
Stormtrooper of Death

Abeille has a point. Back in the late 70's and 80's if you were a punk, you weould get the shit beaten out of you. Many punks from that era say that you'd be walking down the street and here hicks yelling "Devo" really loud and get shit thrown at them, hell it still happens (The hicks associated DEVO with freakness, and called punks such.) Hell cops beat the shit out of punks in the 80's all the time. The news then claim it was a "riot". It's not a riot until the cops show up and start busting open heads.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:44 PM   #27
acidxrainbows

I'm more disgusted by the blatant homophobia here than the fact that Mexicans hate emo kids. =P Though no one should be beat up for the way they look, EVER.

Though emosexual, that IS clever, I must say.
acidxrainbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:27 PM   #28
Magila

Well, this whole emo scene gets annoying some times actually...

Oh and, why the hell dress up too emo when knowing that you're in a place that gets you beaten up for that ?

I mean... in my place i rarely see any goths, emo or punks they too get beaten up in here some times.

As for me, i think my subculture usually tends to look manly, they never had a problem of how i look, might be just too scared to talk up.
Magila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:47 PM   #29
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magila
Oh and, why the hell dress up too emo when knowing that you're in a place that gets you beaten up for that ?
But why should anyone have to change how they dress just to stay safe? I might not be the biggest fan of emo but they're still human and desurve the same freedoms as the rest of us, As Voltaire once said "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. "(same applies to the way you dress).

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:38 AM   #30
KontanKarite

Quote:
Well, this whole emo scene gets annoying some times actually...

I shouldn't have to change my clothes to be safe from harm. People should change their prejudice, hateful minds.

Though that's not the reality, facts are facts. You're better off not being a prejudice piece of shit. Simple as that.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:52 AM   #31
Magila

If they still want to dress different it would be wise to tune the code a bit down, wouldn't ?
Old 04-07-2008, 07:01 AM   #32
Tam Li Hua

If you are living in a place that beats up anyone who dresses differently, then I think it's time to move. [Though I know that's easier said than done.] Little comments from strangers is to be expected, but no...no one should have to put up with outright violence.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:28 AM   #33
Mir

I wonder what the gun laws are like in Mexico if you get my drift.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:54 PM   #34
KontanKarite

Quote:
If they still want to dress different it would be wise to tune the code a bit down, wouldn't ?

....No. Wait, what code? That doesn't make any sense.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:22 PM   #35
Magila

Well, can generalize the Emo dress code in tight pants, fringes, make up that usually makes the males look feminine.

Need not to worry, Emo usually grow out of it any way...
Old 04-07-2008, 01:44 PM   #36
le_revenant

Ah México.
Where, by the looks of the news story, the national motto seems to be "¿Quien ES mas macho?"

Jeeze, wouldn't it be easier on all if this were simply settled on the fields of THE national sport of México? : LUCHA LIBRE!!!
Boy wouldn't THAT be a sight: masked goth wrestlers taking on the rest of the masked luchadores! lol.

Well, growing up in South Texas alongside fellow Mex-American kids back in the early/mid-80s, I can attest to Mex-American boys despising anything "different". For not being a fanatic of metal back in the day, I was obviously gay!
When Black Flag made a tour stop here back in the day, Henry Rollins was apprehended by our local police for having beat up some punker. When asked by the cops why he'd done it, & Rollins responded b/c the punker had called him a not-too-nice term for homosexual, the cops apologetically let him go!

Texas: A whole different state of mind.
le_revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:52 PM   #37
BLEED REBELION!!!

This is Fu.cking Bull SH*t

I cant believe that punk & goth people (seeing as I consider myself to be a part of both cultures.) would participate in such fucking idiotic behavior. Although I wonder who exactly the press is portraying as "Goth" or "punk".

I wonder if none sub culture people are involved in this.

I dont know about in Mexico, but here it seems the masses generally except "emo" (the MTV breed)more then the other sub cultures. I guess because of the exposure. They have become used to the mob of "emo" kids who take over the malls in the county.

It seems to me that "goth" and "punk" ppl would feel some type of fucking kinship with "emo"s. If not for simply being human then for the fact that the people that usually fuckwith/beat up "goths" and "punks" (the ones who cant defend themselves) are the same people who fuckwith "emo"s.

And thewn there is the fact that allot of "mundanes" or w/e you would like to call them. Can not usualy tell the diff between emo and goth. and some cant tell the diff between punk and emo. Unless you have a giant sign proclaiming your lable or association.

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:01 PM   #38
BLEED REBELION!!!

This really pisses me off. I mean if you're gonna kick someones ass find I better reason then their emo-ness. Fuck they have just as much right to be "emo" as they do to be "goth" "punk" or w/e.

It just makes people involved in sub-cultures look like fuc.king idiots.

I find it weird that there are actually riots over this shit. I mean comeon!

WHo the fuck are theses people? How great are their lives that they have the time to worry about emo bashing.

I think I am gonna "emo" myself up (which wont be hard) head down to Mexico and fuck up the first peice of shit that says something to me!!

WTF..

I am from now on going to defend the emo w/e when people talk sh*t. and its hella common. everyone tlks badly about emos.

I proclaim it now. I LOVE EMO!!!

HAHAHAHAH f.uckign HA
WTF are they gonna do about it? lynch me?
Fu.ck

sry for typos or belligerance (sp?)

- My Boyfriend
Old 04-07-2008, 02:30 PM   #39
KontanKarite

Bleed... please slow down on your typing and at least give your posts a once over glance for spelling and grammar mistakes. It's not hard and you're better than that. I know you can do better than "f.uckign".

Do you not use Firefox? It can check your spelling on the fly. Also, why do you have periods in the middle of "fuck"?

Old 04-07-2008, 03:56 PM   #40
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Just to bring down the tension a bit for you bleed, nowhere in the article does it mention goths participating in the harassment, punks yes but goths no.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:00 PM   #41
KontanKarite

*sigh*

So dumb.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:56 PM   #42
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Bleed Rebellion, you could probably organize your posts a bit more, too, which a quick edit would help with too.

I personally don't understand why anyone would beat up anyone over how they dress (unless maybe it's a fascist uniform. Then I could see...) or perceived sexual orientation. It makes me ill.

Edit: I guess it would be a sign of insecurity. Perhaps people trying to convince themselves of their own manliness by beating on other people who don't look quite as macho.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:21 PM   #43
TopHaggardDoll

For some reason I don't think this is just a thing between a subculture but something about social attitudes.

Especially with the "emosexual" comments.

This kind of thing has been happening for years in different countries and inbetween different groups, I also doubt that it will ever stop. People usually react violently to things they don't understand and that attitude is a hard thing to change.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:32 PM   #44
KontanKarite

Yeah, I think it is a bit more deep seeded than just what one is wearing. I think, since emo is synonymous with homosexuality and bisexuality, it's a rather new and trendy way of them expressing it. It's a bit more in your face. Essentially, I think it's homophobia that is the real catalyst here.

It can also be the classic macho guy hating on the guy who's in touch with their feelings. Which is quite an old rivalry.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #45
crucifix

I guess all of those emos are going to have to write a sad song about it now
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:00 AM   #46
KontanKarite

No, you'll probably get something like... Emotive Oi.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:09 AM   #47
Darcnyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
No, you'll probably get something like... Emotive Oi.
Hehe...I can just imagine...

I was laughing for quite a bit after that comment and thinking about what it would sound like...
Old 04-09-2008, 06:23 PM   #48
BLEED REBELION!!!

Sorry for the crap-tastic nature of my previus post.
No I dont use firefox. I have the grammar, etc to edit my own posts, but I didnt read it before I entered it. (although my spelling isnt worth shit.)

I know allot of you are real tight about the way people type, so I should probably be a little less careless on G.net.

Honestly I was pissed about this thread and varius other things.
I dont really care if my posts dont have all the periods the "should" or if a grammar Nazi trys to shove me in an oven. It doesnt really matter.

- My Boyfriend
Old 04-09-2008, 10:48 PM   #49
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Lol, we're not trying to shove you into an oven, Bleed. We're just trying to help you express yourself more clearly

I highly recommend Firefox, and not least for the spell check. It's also more secure and has tons of cool ad-ons. Though I find it doesn't quite work perfectly in Windoughs... but the IE-tab plug-in fixes that.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:56 PM   #50
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Yeah, I think it is a bit more deep seeded than just what one is wearing.
OH no, trust me, it is just what one is wearing.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote