Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 01-04-2006, 12:22 AM   #51
winged_dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane13
And we love you for it ^.^
*feels happy* ^^

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:35 AM   #52
tekajo

i play old outdated games.

Lords of the Realm II (from 1997) i recently resurrected it, still as addictive as it was back when i was in college.

Grand Theft Auto III Hey it was $15 at Wal-Mart, good for taking out frustrations.

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction i lost my lvl 80 Barbarian to a HDD crash so i have to restart from the beginning.

The Sims w/ House Party and Hot Date Expansions...What?
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #53
UltraNEO*

Games... are we talking video games or psychological mind games?
UltraNEO* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 07:24 PM   #54
urian

I picked up a koei game called crimson sea 2.
in essence, it's like their dymasty warrios games(basic controls and such). So far it's been a very pleasant surprise to play.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:09 PM   #55
UltraNEO*

Sounds fun... tho i prefer to try it on some unwilling volunteer.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:26 PM   #56
AlKilyu

Not sure who all this affects, but Sony has released new firmware for the PSP and it can be found here.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 12:06 AM   #57
pitseleh

I'm not so big on games, the only one I play regularly is Battlefield 2. Actually pretty lethal in that one. When I'm not blowing shit up in a tank, I like to shoot people in the face in close quarters, and be an asset to my team by heroic feats as a medic or engineer. None of that sniper bullshit for me. My name on BF2 is unwound.

I have a friend who plays World of Warcraft for an insane amount of hours each day. I don't understand how he does it. He tries to get me in on it, but I just don't have the patience or free time for a game that involving. He even has an in-game wife and a daughter, for chrissakes!
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:14 AM   #58
UltraNEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Not sure who all this affects, but Sony has released new firmware for the PSP and it can be found here.
Question

If a user was running version 1.5 firmware, or anything below 2.00. Who in the right mind would wanna upgrade? As the "HomeBrew" software doesn't work... Or don't you know about it?

"Listen when your hurting someone, don't think of the pain he feels, only concentrate on the pleasure of causing him pain. That's the only way to show true compassion for your partner." - taken from Korosiya Ichi
Old 01-06-2006, 01:32 AM   #59
AlKilyu

Because some people don't want to hack theirs, they just want to do the stuff that you are allowed to do on it normally.

Also the newer firmware comes with a web browser as oppossed to having to buy Wipeout to get one.

Moot point for eyes and I since we got ours recently.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 11:54 AM   #60
Black Widow

Location: Behind you, possibly making sweet love to random pieces of furniture while singing Dragostea Din Tei
As you may or may not know, I am a rather big fan of fighting games. I particularly enjoy Street Fighter 3: Third Strike and the King Of Fighters series myself...although Vampire Savior (AKA Darkstalkers 3), Capcom Fighting Evolution, and Virtua Fighter are also great titles. Fighting isn't the only genre I play though. I also like racing games, as well as Namco's "Katamari Damacy" series. I own "We Love Katamari"...great game. "Oh yeah, We adopted a new pose. Strike it, with a katamari in your right hand..." The King's commentary is priceless. Damn, this is making me want to go play that right now. Also, Final Fantasy IX for the first PlayStation was one of the best games ever...I spent countless hours on the card minigame. Is there a card minigame in FFX? I need to know before I go rent it/buy it/whatever. Pogo is quite fun...no arguing with that. I'm known as Hand Hanzo over there. That's because it's my AOL screenname, and Pogo has a connection to AOL.
Black Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:15 AM   #61
Kankywompous

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubedo
the legend of zelda....owns all....end of story
Damn straight!

Also, I like the Final Fantasy Series, most other RPGs (Star Ocean: Til The End of Time- Albel rocks!), Halo 1&2, most original NES games and the Castlevaina Series. Oh, and I play tabletop L5R.

Back to Zelda.

Question: How many of you have done the three heart challenge? On all the games it can be done on?
Kankywompous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:47 PM   #62
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankywompous
Damn straight!

Also, I like the Final Fantasy Series, most other RPGs (Star Ocean: Til The End of Time- Albel rocks!), Halo 1&2, most original NES games and the Castlevaina Series. Oh, and I play tabletop L5R.

Back to Zelda.

Question: How many of you have done the three heart challenge? On all the games it can be done on?
I've done them. Quite a pain in the ass though, but nothing beats the satisfaction you get after doing them. -remenices on his accomplishment-
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:35 AM   #63
Kankywompous

Demon Eyes,

I love your avatar.

Sephiroth is beyond badass in Advent Children.
Kankywompous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:57 AM   #64
Star of Blight

Well, I'm a bit of a gaming nut so I'm constantly playing something of some kind all the time. I do alot of pen and paper/live action role playing stuff. Right now I'm revisiting some Castlevania games (mainly LoI on my PS2, SotN on my PS1 and SQ on my nes emulator) and a friend of mine finally got me good and hooked on the WoW bug (dammed christmas pressies *shakes fist in anger then goes back to waiting for the servers to come back up*)
Star of Blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:34 PM   #65
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankywompous
Demon Eyes,

I love your avatar.

Sephiroth is beyond badass in Advent Children.
Thanx.

True Sephiroth is a badass in AC, but he's a badass period.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:42 PM   #66
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star of Blight
Well, I'm a bit of a gaming nut so I'm constantly playing something of some kind all the time. I do alot of pen and paper/live action role playing stuff. Right now I'm revisiting some Castlevania games (mainly LoI on my PS2, SotN on my PS1 and SQ on my nes emulator) and a friend of mine finally got me good and hooked on the WoW bug (dammed christmas pressies *shakes fist in anger then goes back to waiting for the servers to come back up*)
yeah, it sucked huh? I know how you feel, I'm pissed too. I've also mostly been playing all of the CV games as well. Currently I'm playing SotN, LoI, CoD, Bloodlines, SQ, CV III, and AD: RoB (the best version 'cause Dracula X on SNES just plain can't compare).
Old 01-13-2006, 03:52 AM   #67
imaerus

I've been playing my Nintendo DS for about a month now. Trauma Center: Inder the Knife is a phenomenal game! So addicting! I mean, come on, a surgery sim? Very fun. . .

Any tips out there on good DS games? Always lookin for a new way to waste my time in the ol' DJ booth.

Die-Hard Nintendo Fan . . . =)
imaerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:48 PM   #68
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaerus
Any tips out there on good DS games? Always lookin for a new way to waste my time in the ol' DJ booth.
Depends, what kind of games do you like to play?

I mean what genre of games are you into?
Old 01-13-2006, 01:38 PM   #69
Natasshha

SIMS!!! yeah they are awsome, I wich my bf is reading this so he can buy me some more sims games..... hehehhe

Games... other than sims, well solitario spider, pinball whatever comes with the computer hehehhee....
Natasshha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:58 AM   #70
Freya

Resident evil used to be my favourite until I discovered the silent hill series. I am still in the process of completing silent hill 4 - the room.

I`ve just started playing call of cthulhu....looks great so far.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 06:02 AM   #71
cannibalnuns

If I have the option to play them....... And when I rarely do......

Colosseum: Road to Freedom
SIMS
Solitare
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:35 AM   #72
your name here

I play anything people give me.
especialy R.P.G. games like final fantasy
for some reoson I like F.F. Vll best
your name here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:28 PM   #73
Mr E Nigma

I'm about the same as "your name here"... I play most any game that can hold my attention past the 1st level per say, area, quest, mission... etc...

And i dunno if it's just me, but after playing "Gun" for awhile, I didn't much like it, i don't know why.. it had such high reviews from everyone.. but I felt it lacked... somewhere

but mainly World of Warcraft is jawesome... I'm on Ner'Zhul
so if anyone's there, my main char is "Ikemefuna"
Old 01-19-2006, 05:59 PM   #74
cannibalnuns

I am to cheap to pay for games monthly.
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 03:05 PM   #75
Demon Eyes

Currently I'm replaying the Metal Gear Series mostly because after beating all the games I own from the Castlevania series, I just felt like remeniscing some older games. Speaking of older games, I brought out my Atari from the storage room, dusted it off and am also playing Pac-Man. I miss the Atari.