Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:38 PM   #101
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir. Helpmann
In that case you're merely dictating from an ivory tower, since most of the human race must be pathetic in your opinion.

Unless suffering is the direct and immediate object of life, our existence must entirely fail of its aim. It is absurd to look upon the enormous amount of pain that abounds everywhere in the world, and originates in needs and necessities inseparable from life itself, as serving no purpose at all and the result of mere chance. Each separate misfortune, as it comes, seems, no doubt, to be something exceptional; but misfortune in general is the rule.
I never once said that life was painless, nor did I ever say that it should be.
There's a huge difference between enduring the necessary pains of life on the one hand, and taking enjoyment in inflicting unnceccsary pain on the other.

Like you said, life is full of pain, and so should it be, as one cannot know joy without first knowing its opposite. But, by that same token, since life is so full of pain you needn't go out of your way to bring more of it into being.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:40 PM   #102
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinstripesAndPithHelmets
I never once said that life was painless, nor did I ever say that it should be.
There's a huge difference between enduring the necessary pains of life on the one hand, and taking enjoyment in inflicting unnceccsary pain on the other.

Like you said, life is full of pain, and so should it be, as one cannot know joy without first knowing its opposite. But, by that same token, since life is so full of pain you needn't go out of your way to bring more of it into being.
If pain is the immediate aim of life... bring it on.
Sir. Helpmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #103
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Who says that pain is the immediate aim of life? I just said that it was unavoidable, a challenge to be met.

I think what we're really arguing here is personal philosophy. I don't see the point in picking on those weaker, or harming things that can't fight back. You seem to think that to be a primary goal in life. You think I'm weak, while I think you're fucked in the head. That, however, is just my opinion.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:28 PM   #104
Saya

Quote:
In that case you're merely dictating from an ivory tower, since most of the human race must be pathetic in your opinion.

Unless suffering is the direct and immediate object of life, our existence must entirely fail of its aim. It is absurd to look upon the enormous amount of pain that abounds everywhere in the world, and originates in needs and necessities inseparable from life itself, as serving no purpose at all and the result of mere chance. Each separate misfortune, as it comes, seems, no doubt, to be something exceptional; but misfortune in general is the rule.
I find it hilarious that you copy and pasted your argument from Schopenhauer when he himself was agaisnt the maltreatment of the weak, especially animals.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:38 PM   #105
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
I find it hilarious that you copy and pasted your argument from Schopenhauer when he himself was agaisnt the maltreatment of the weak, especially animals.
Because he was right:

One needs only to see the way she is built to realize that woman is not intended for great mental or for great physical labor. She expiates the guilt of life not through activity but through suffering, through the pains of childbirth, caring for the child and subjection to the man, to whom she should be a patient and cheering companion. Great suffering, joy, exertion, is not for her: her life should flow by more quietly, trivially, gently than the man's without being essentially happier or unhappier.

Women are suited to being the nurses and teachers of our earliest childhood precisely because they themselves are childish, silly and short-sighted, in a word big children, their whole lives long: a kind of intermediate stage between the child and the man, who is the actual human being, ‘man.’ One has only to watch a girl playing with a child, dancing and singing with it the whole day, and then ask oneself what, with the best will in the world, a man could do in her place.

(still feel the need to google me? Are you that sexually aroused by my person that you need to scrutinze my posts in such a way that you need to use google? I doubt you've read Schopenauer - you're an intellectual fucktard of a woman who just wants a cock to appease her)
Old 11-14-2008, 05:45 PM   #106
Saya

Quote:
Because he was right:

One needs only to see the way she is built to realize that woman is not intended for great mental or for great physical labor. She expiates the guilt of life not through activity but through suffering, through the pains of childbirth, caring for the child and subjection to the man, to whom she should be a patient and cheering companion. Great suffering, joy, exertion, is not for her: her life should flow by more quietly, trivially, gently than the man's without being essentially happier or unhappier.

Women are suited to being the nurses and teachers of our earliest childhood precisely because they themselves are childish, silly and short-sighted, in a word big children, their whole lives long: a kind of intermediate stage between the child and the man, who is the actual human being, ‘man.’ One has only to watch a girl playing with a child, dancing and singing with it the whole day, and then ask oneself what, with the best will in the world, a man could do in her place.

(still feel the need to google me? Are you that sexually aroused by my person that you need to scrutinze my posts in such a way that you need to use google? I doubt you've read Schopenauer - you're an intellectual fucktard of a woman who just wants a cock to appease her)
Awwww, upset that I found you out honey? Its okay, I knew you were too dumb beforehand to form your own arguments. You're no lesser in my eyes.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #107
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
Awwww, upset that I found you out honey? Its okay, I knew you were too dumb beforehand to form your own arguments. You're no lesser in my eyes.
No, becuase like I said you're not that well read.

You're simply so fascinated by me as a person that you felt the need to google what I posted in ordet to confirm in your fanciful mind that it was entirely from my brain.

Sorry you have a crush on me... but I only fuck girls who take it in the ass.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:38 PM   #108
Saya

Quote:
No, becuase like I said you're well read.

You're simply so fascinating on how you figured out that I can only spew insults, all other posts seemed so out of character that it was only natural to assume I didn't write it, and lo and behold it was your old nemesis Schopenhauer from that philosophy course you took years ago!

Sorry you have a crush on me... but I only fuck girls who take it in the ass because my cock is too small to get adequate use out of a vagina.
Corrected, carry on.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:40 PM   #109
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
Corrected, carry on.
losing steam are we Saya?

I understand; it's somewhat difficult to try and taunt a man with your vagina on an internet forum when it won't make a fucking difference.

But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if most of your sexual contacts were organised via this medium.

Did you forget yourself for a moment?

Boo hoo... freak.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:43 PM   #110
Saya

awww, only one swear word darling?

Its okay, vampire freaks will take you, I swear. Maybe you can meet a girl there too.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:46 PM   #111
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
awww, only one swear word darling?

Its okay, vampire freaks will take you, I swear. Maybe you can meet a girl there too.
Frankly "darling" your lack of enthusiasm cannot be accounted for your lack of "interst" in this thread, because you're still posting.

Maybe you do prove Schopenhauer's dictum; that women are essentially childish and will always feel the need to respond, even when the have nothing to say.

PS - do you take it in the ass?

(is that a taboo subject in your family?)
Old 11-14-2008, 06:58 PM   #112
Sir. Helpmann

Strong and peaceful, wise and brave,
Fighting the fight for the whole world to save,
We the people will ceaselessly strive
To keep our great revolution alive!
Unfurl the banners! Look at the screen!
Never before has such glory been seen!
Old 11-14-2008, 06:58 PM   #113
Albert Mond

Wink

Quote:
Maybe you do prove Schopenhauer's dictum; that women are essentially childish and will always feel the need to respond, even when the have nothing to say.
And what a lovely young lady you are!
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:00 PM   #114
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
And what a lovely young lady you are!
Empty phraseolgy.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:33 PM   #115
Solumina

Quote:
You do love to criticize people for the same things that you frequently do, don't you?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:59 PM   #116
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
You do love to criticize people for the same things that you frequently do, don't you?
Empty phrases don't say much.

I suggest you demonstrate that point, otherwise shut the fuck up.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:15 PM   #117
Solumina

I thought it would be obvious what I was referring to, I apologize. I thought that your vast intellect would be able to see something that is so very clear.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-14-2008, 10:17 PM   #118
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
I thought it would be obvious what I was referring to, I apologize. I thought that your vast intellect would be able to see something that is so very clear.
Sorry to break it to you, but I'm not a psychic (nor are most of the people who are reading are reading this)

Say your piece or else fuck off - your cheap little rhetorical tricks simply wont work.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:35 PM   #119
Solumina

I'll give you two hints: I blatantly called you out on something in another thread in reference to something you chided Jillian for doing (you even responded to it so clearly you were aware of it) and what I am referring to in this thread has to do with the part of your post that I quoted.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-14-2008, 10:37 PM   #120
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
I'll give you two hints: I blatantly called you out on something in another thread in reference to something you chided Jillian for doing (you even responded to it so clearly you were aware of it) and what I am referring to in this thread has to do with the part of your post that I quoted.
Hiding behind language are we?

I can't be arsed to work my way through your pathetic riddle, nor can anyone else.

We're all busy looking at youtube, checking our myspaces and chatting on msn.

Tell us in plain langage or else back the fuck off pleb.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:39 PM   #121
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:

I can't be arsed to work my way through your pathetic riddle, nor can anyone else.

Are you an idiot pretending to be smart or a smarty pretending to be an idiot?
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:42 PM   #122
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
Are you an idiot pretending to be smart or a smarty pretending to be an idiot?
Are you bandwagon-jumping-tryhard jumping on the bandwagon, or just a total pleb without a clue?
Old 11-14-2008, 10:56 PM   #123
Solumina

Quote:

If anyone else asks what I am referring to then I would be more than happy to say what it is, but until anyone other than you asks I will assume that I was correct in my assumption that anyone of even moderate intelligence can figure out what I was talking about.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-14-2008, 10:58 PM   #124
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
If anyone else asks what I am referring to then I would be more than happy to say what it is, but until anyone other than you asks I will assume that I was correct in my assumption that anyone of even moderate intelligence can figure out what I was talking about.
How about this:

If you don't tell me by the next post I'm putting you on ignore.

How about that?

And turst me, I will, you mean nothing to me...

I do know that I give a tiresome fuck like you something to type at during the boring existence of your mediocre life.

So the choice is yours... either you play ball or you're out of the game.

(I have no time for your third-rate tactics).
Old 11-14-2008, 10:59 PM   #125
Solumina

Okay, ignore me.
-Carbon Leaf