Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:18 AM   #801
Godslayer Jillian

I think I have found the future of my hair, and it seems the 'hawk will be back:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...orCandi415.jpg

I like it because it seems there's a lot of hair in the other side (and if there's not, that's how mine is going to be), so it doesn't have the weird look from up front of a chicken crest.

For now I'm just growing my front hair as in my profile picture.
Currently it's down to my cheekbones.
And I think I'm going to dye it darker, because it turns brown on summer.

I'll be back to you with issues about my hair when I realize I have no fucking clue what I'm doing with it while it's growing.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:52 AM   #802
thedoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic_Envy
Ok so I'm getting my hair cut on Saturday (hopefully). I have a few ideas but I'm having trouble choosing one. Please could you give me your opinion on what one you like best and would suit me and what color. I like all of them. Here are the ones I like.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/LongHair.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w.../LongHair6.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...tar/253AYT.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...hortHair29.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...hortHair19.jpg

And here is me.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...Picture017.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...tar/Smile1.jpg

The last ones a kinda old picture but my hair hasn't really changed.

THANKS!
i love the second one, the hair in the face is adorable.

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:00 AM   #803
Emerald

Personally I think one of the best and most versatile haircuts for a female is the classic bob, maybe with a few layers or slightly choppy effect. You can wear it smoothed down for work or as a sort of 1920's Lou Lou silent movie type look or you can tease it out ala Siouxsie Sioux or even do a Gothhawk with it if you have the patience.
Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:55 PM   #804
Lestiet

Ok so I've got a bit of a question. I used to have long long amazing beautiful hair that I cut off for stupid reasons. Here's what it was, which I'm aiming to get at again:

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...0/hairtree.jpg

And here is what I have currently, it's just a tad longer:

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...blackdress.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...020/Photo7.jpg

Before I had it cut, I wanted to dye it black because I got tired of the brownness. So now I want to dye it black again, but I'm afraid because it's so short I might end up looking old or it would look like crap on me. I've never dyed it before, so any suggestions?
Lestiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:57 PM   #805
Solumina

I wouldn't be worried about it making you look old, just make sure you don't just do a plain black (do a raven black or put in some subtle highlights) or else it will look flat
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:17 PM   #806
deafasadoornail

Honestly, Lestiet, I like your hair better short! It seems to have more of a shape to it and looks more versatile. I might get bangs if I were you, but you know what works for you. I think the black with bangs would look nice -- black dyed hair with a bare forehead often does look too severe, in my experience. If you don't want to cut it further, may I suggest burgundy? Or even get some lowlights for shine.
deafasadoornail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:46 PM   #807
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I need ideas on what I should do to my hair. A cut and what color should I do for the tips of my hair???

My hair is about 1/2 inch from my shoulders and I have bangs that go past my eyebrows. I'm not allowed to post pictures of myself on the net. Oh and it's a medium brown.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:35 AM   #808
Seonext

wow very good hairstyles i was looking for more also just saw other beauty website which came in google Gothic Hairstyles at beautyfeast(dot)com
Seonext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:18 PM   #809
Argine

I have long red hair with heavy bangs. I like my face way better with bangs, and I like the colour and having long hair, but I think I need to style my bangs a bit differently. I'm getting a cut this week before I go to school, and I wonder if anyone has any suggestions for what to do with my bangs?

Picture

My hair is partially pulled back here but you get the idea: heavy, straight, over-the-eyebrow. The picture is from a little while back, after the hairdresser did what I think is a less-than-stunning job on my bangs, right now they're a bit longer and more uneven. If you need texture, my hair is naturally straight and super-thick.
Argine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 04:36 PM   #810
Metabolik

I have pink tipped hair that was supposed to be purple...
And a 'kind of' mohawk.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:38 AM   #811
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Ok I need some ideas for something to do with my hair:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...s/IMGP9286.jpg

Except now it's a bit longer and it takes the perfect amount of brushing and water to get it into nice ringlets like that, otherwise it's just big and poofy and frizzy, but quite thin.

Now I would like some ideas, I've tried braids but they get annoying to do every morning and leaving them in is like dealing with dreads all over again and I just hated that.

I tie it back right now into a tail, and depending on when it's last wash was and the weather it's either a bushy tail or a sleek tail.

The other day my friend Luna brought in some blonde dreads she made and we tie those in for a while, until the assholes at my school tore them out in the corridor, so then we braided the remaing 4 in and I lost 1 running after a tram. But Luna didn't care 'cause they were just practice dreads.

Anyway the point of that story was also to state that I sort of liked how the fake dreads looked and felt (disregarding the colour mix was AWFUL!)

I don't own a straightener and I've never bleached or dyed before but I am willing to give it a go, ( and I know a few hairdressers who are willing to play with my hair for free)

Any thoughts or concepts?
Sir Canvas Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:29 PM   #812
maggot

Has anyone else noticed that everyone and their grandma, baby, and dog has a mohawk now?

It's starting tho piss the hell out of me. D:<
Old 08-26-2007, 03:49 PM   #813
Godslayer Jillian

Not many are real mohawks, so what's the problem?
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:06 PM   #814
maggot

It's annoying. I hate cultural... Shit, I forget the word. xD

WHEN SOMETHING SUBCULTURAL IS MADE MAINSTREAM.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:48 PM   #815
Breathless Horror

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot
Has anyone else noticed that everyone and their grandma, baby, and dog has a mohawk now?

It's starting tho piss the hell out of me. D:<
It's true! In the last couple of weeks I have seen four preps with mohawks. Preps! Not only are they stealing our hairstyle (shared with punk of course), but it looks completely ridiculous with an american eagle shirt and gap jeans.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:57 PM   #816
plum phlogiston

[quote=Sir Canvas Corpsey] leaving them in is like dealing with dreads all over again and I just hated that.

I think you'd look rather cute with dreads...why did you hate dealing with them?
plum phlogiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:25 PM   #817
maggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror
It's true! In the last couple of weeks I have seen four preps with mohawks. Preps! Not only are they stealing our hairstyle (shared with punk of course), but it looks completely ridiculous with an american eagle shirt and gap jeans.

The 8-year-olds who think their tough with their oh-so-rebellious hairstyle aren't anywhere near as annoying as the preps with mohawks. o_o
Old 08-28-2007, 03:08 AM   #818
Sir Canvas Corpsey

[quote=plum phlogiston]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey
leaving them in is like dealing with dreads all over again and I just hated that.

I think you'd look rather cute with dreads...why did you hate dealing with them?
Naww why thankyou, it's mainly just the upkeeping of the scalp, which if not done will lead to an ungodly itching and amount of dandruff, that and if you don't put in heaps of upkeeping effort, your dreads will rot from the inside out.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:34 AM   #819
plum phlogiston

[quote=Sir Canvas Corpsey]
Quote:
Originally Posted by plum phlogiston

Naww why thankyou, it's mainly just the upkeeping of the scalp, which if not done will lead to an ungodly itching and amount of dandruff, that and if you don't put in heaps of upkeeping effort, your dreads will rot from the inside out.
Who on earth told you that? What a load of rubbish! I've had dreads for the last ten years and so has Mr P and a large number of friends.....none of us have gone rotten yet and our scalps are itch free (apart from blooming midgy bites)...and as for upkeep.....thats propaganda by the people who try to flog dreadwax and the like, that is.....

But I concede there are some peeps who can't stand not to be able to brush their hair regularly.....I do occasionally miss the burn of a well brushed scalp...
Old 08-28-2007, 04:39 AM   #820
plum phlogiston

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot
The 8-year-olds who think their tough with their oh-so-rebellious hairstyle aren't anywhere near as annoying as the preps with mohawks. o_o
My small boy unit just wears a mowey cos its the norm to him, most of our friends are crusties, squatters, travellers and punks (to quote a band of such).....he's about as tough as rice pudding bless his little cotton socks.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:13 PM   #821
maggot

well he doesn't think he's tough, does he? That's the part that bugs me. o_o
Old 08-29-2007, 12:12 AM   #822
Sir Canvas Corpsey

[quote=plum phlogiston]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey

Who on earth told you that? What a load of rubbish! I've had dreads for the last ten years and so has Mr P and a large number of friends.....none of us have gone rotten yet and our scalps are itch free (apart from blooming midgy bites)...and as for upkeep.....thats propaganda by the people who try to flog dreadwax and the like, that is.....

But I concede there are some peeps who can't stand not to be able to brush their hair regularly.....I do occasionally miss the burn of a well brushed scalp...
My friend Dan told me, and her experience was through hair dressing where she has seen so many dreads that are decay incarnate. No itching? Wow, that surprised me..do you rub oil into your scalp or something?

I'm not fussed about brushing unless it's in a state where I think I should be able to run my fingers through it but can't.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:24 AM   #823
raggedyanne

I was born with a mohawk! Uno pregunta; which brand of hairdye do you like best? I've used Manic Panic and Special Effects; I prefer the latter.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:31 PM   #824
plum phlogiston

I don't put anything to my locks, maybe thats the secret! They get washed in soap periodically and thats it. I think a lot of rotting problems are due to using lots of wax, especially the non soluble sort, it keeps the locks all moist and nasty...I heard a horrid tale many years ago of a person with particularly thick and smelly locks who, one rather hot summer acquired a nest of maggots......urban myth maybe, but enough to scare me into keeping mine nice and dry, ta.....

Ok, now that tale is enough to make my scalp itch.....
Old 08-29-2007, 11:32 PM   #825
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Hmm okay then maybe I will consider dreads, heh I guess it could work with me, i've been classified by a few friends as a "Cyber Viking"

So any other ideas from anyone else?