Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:17 PM   #51
bloomerbrigade

^

Hahaha I've seen that before!! It's been so long since I watched that. XD
bloomerbrigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:28 PM   #52
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelleDameSansMerci
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH MOTHERLAND!!!!!
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/end

Damn, I think that's the most intelligent thing I have to contribute to this conversation without repeating what's been said. >.<
Yes! I can't wait until California breaks off to go chill with Hawaii and the bigger of the two Alaskas!

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:35 PM   #53
TheBloodEternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Jehovas witnesses believe, correct me if I am wrong, that ONLY 144,000 people will be allowed into heaven. Thats it. No more, just the 144,000.

That right there, from a stastical standpoint, is quite a mess if ye ask me. Think about it...

First off, the jehavoahs witness religion wasn't founded until the mid twentieth century - around 1930-1940 if I remember correctly (please correct me if I am wrong). One of the things that it teaches is that ALL other religions are wrong, and only their followers will be part of the 144,000. So, does that mean that everyone who died before 1940 went to hell? I mean, what about the 12 disciples of Jesus? They obviously weren't jehovahs witnesses. Hell, they probably celebrated a birthday or two. So first thing, you think everyone who lived before the 1940s is currently in hell, according to your doctrine. That right there is a bit of a hard sell if ye ask me.

Back to the 144,000. How many people currently follow your faith? I used to live in Richmond, Virginia and they had a huge compound there that held yearly events that thousands attended. Again, that means even many your own people won't make it into heaven. Already, heaven is getting pretty packed with only that many seats available even if we just limit the number there to the number of people who belief that.

What about the future? What about in the year 4,000? How many followers will have died by then? After heaven is full, do the rest of ye go to hell because lack of chairs?

That then begs the question, how serious are the missionaries of your religion. I mean, if I were on my way to a concert and I knew there were limited seats on the bus I was on, I wouldn't be out in the streets trying to get more people to take a free ride to a free gig if ye know what I mean.

Nothing personal, I just find the basic tenants of that religion a bit farcical. Much like Mormons. Oh dear GOD don't get me started on them. It could be worse though, ye could be a scientologist...
Jehovah's Witness's believe that 114,000 people will go to heaven to rule with Christ and anyone who followed the rules in the bible (including people who aren't Jehovah's Witnesses! This also includes people who were never introduced to the bible) will live on a "paradise earth" after "Jehovah" gets rid of everything evil and they'll live forever just like they would in all other Christians view of Heaven. I'd also like to add that according to the religion there is no Hell.
I was a former Jehovah's Witness and am currently being forced into it by my mother, and I agree that the religion is whacked but they actually follow the bible pretty closely.
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:09 AM   #54
bloomerbrigade

Beneath the Shadows: Ha! I'm alright with hangin' with Hawaii!

May I just say right now, for the mere sake of not straying off topic anymore, if there are any more comments directly on religion [JW or otherwise], may we please move it over to the General forum? This thread is supposed to be about the legislation in Russia; I don't want to see it delve into a madhouse of opinions on religion or whatever else.

Personally, I think there should be a thread, if not a forum, where people can discuss/ debate religion, but for now we've been asked already to keep such discussions in the aforementioned forum [read the thread below]:

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showth...6&page=1&pp=25

I don't think I'm being unreasonable here.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:13 AM   #55
TheBloodEternity

My apologies, I was just setting him straight, didn't seem like it needed a whole other thread in the general forum.

Anyways, I don't get why anybody could be so surprised at this, it's certainly not the worst thing Russia has done in regards to civil rights. Any of my other thoughts on the matter have already been stated.
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:40 AM   #56
bloomerbrigade

^ No worries; just for future reference.

And you're right; this is Russia we're talking about here. I just read an article about Russia wanting to make Stalin a saint. Check this out:

http://www.zeenews.com/articles.asp?...id=LIF&ssid=68

"The Soviet leader, who was responsible for the deaths of around 15 million people during his 31-year dictatorial rule, is in second place in online voting that seeks to nominate the greatest Russian historical figure. But with months still left for the end of the polling, Russian Communists are determined to put Stalin on top."

"Stalin has undergone a remarkable renaissance in recent years with opinion polls regularly naming him Russia's greatest post-revolution leader after Prime Minister Vladimir Putin."

"Despite the church's reluctance, St Petersburg's Communists are convinced their vision will come to pass. They have already commissioned religious icons depicting Stalin with a halo round his head that have reportedly sold very well around the city."

Um. . . I really hate to say this, but could that country be any more screwed up??

Are there any more reasons for me to not want to ever step foot in that country??
Old 07-26-2008, 04:20 AM   #57
JCC

In fairness, Stalin was the reason why we won WW2. I don't like the man and I certainly don't think that he should be nationally revered, but let's not pretend the world wouldn't be a better place without him. The world would have been a lot, lot worse.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 05:43 AM   #58
bloomerbrigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
In fairness, Stalin was the reason why we won WW2. I don't like the man and I certainly don't think that he should be nationally revered, but let's not pretend the world wouldn't be a better place without him. The world would have been a lot, lot worse.
I share your sentiments; I don't think what I said was to the contrary...?

Yes, if those Nazi soldiers weren't starving to death in Stalingrad, WW2 might not have been won. It's just knowing that someone that is responsible for around 15-million deaths is being depicted in religious icons with a halo around his head...?

This was just meant to go along with what I was saying earlier; articles like this, being put into consideration with the article on the legislation that might be getting passed -- it just doesn't surprise me much. Still extremely ridiculous. But ... not surprising.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:54 AM   #59
chelseagirl

When I first read an article about this-that mentioned they wanted to ban goth and emo from schools and all public buildings-the first thing I thought of was how would they go about distinguishing exactly who WAS a goth or emo. I mean, would they ban converse (lol!) all together, or would they only ban someone wearing converse along with skinny stretch jeans, etc. Would they ban all long black dresses and platform shoes and boots...or only if they were being worn by someone deemed "goth"? The fashions are not a uniform and are so varied, I don't see how they can successfully implement this ban. Are they going to create a special police force trained in determining just who is dressed "too" goth or emo to be allowed in a building? lol, the whole idea just seems so silly and so unenforceable.

It also made me think of that one school ban that had the rule that the goth kids were not allowed to wear all black, but any non-goth kids WERE allowed to wear all black.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:21 AM   #60
KontanKarite

This legislation at its core is about suppressing the youth. Obviously it's a school uniform taken to the extremes. They think stripping their youth of identity and expression is going to make it all better. Well it wont. Self harm, teen violence, suicide, murder, drug abuse... This isn't a subculture problem, it's a YOUTH problem. These problems are all across the board no matter what kids are wearing or how they style their hair.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:19 AM   #61
Geoluhread

In my country, there's no actual law that forbids such things -and i hate to put them in the same sentence- as emo, goth, satanist... But it's petty much illegal... Death, black, thrash metal are not legal either, and you can't find them in stores...
My sister wears black most of the time. And she got into a problem with authorities...

But i'm still shocked... I mean, it's russia...!
It can't be more retarted than arabs!
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:32 PM   #62
Satan's Song

Banning goths and emos and their music? Geez, thats pretty weird, also kinda wrong o_O
Satan's Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:13 PM   #63
Gawd

I say we all move to Russia and live in one specific city. They'd never get all of us out.
Gawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 05:39 PM   #64
Dead Angel

It seems the KGB Men are moving closer and closer to their goal of creating a facist system. Somebody email Glenn Beck....
Dead Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:03 AM   #65
Godslayer Jillian

You guys know Russia stopped being communist over a decade ago, right?
Jesus Christ.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 03:47 AM   #66
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Jesus Christ.
America will never care. They're always going to be Commie Kossaks.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:47 AM   #67
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Jesus Christ.
America will never care. They're always going to be Commie scum.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:31 AM   #68
gothicusmaximus

Once a commie, forever a commie.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:09 AM   #69
NightmareInShiningArmour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawd
I say we all move to Russia and live in one specific city. They'd never get all of us out.
Yeah, we'll all live in one town so that we're all bunched together and make and incredibly easy target for a whole nation's military. Smart.
NightmareInShiningArmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:27 AM   #70
Godslayer Jillian

Because Russia is famous for using gas mustard on alternative-looking tourists?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:30 PM   #71
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Angel
It seems the KGB Men are moving closer and closer to their goal of creating a facist system. Somebody email Glenn Beck....
You simultaneously accused Russia of still having Communist institutions, and of being fascist. Here's your "I have no clue what I'm talking about and my opinions are based on what I watch on FOX News" award.

For starters, go look up the definitions of Communism and Fascism, then reply in this thread and tell me why what you said is retarded.
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:47 PM   #72
Godslayer Jillian

Man, you might not believe in anarchism, but sometimes you make me wet.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 08-03-2008, 12:51 PM   #73
PortraitOfSanity

HAHAHAHA! I have my moments.
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:51 PM   #74
JCC

Hey Jillybean, do I make you wet?
Old 08-03-2008, 01:27 PM   #75
Godslayer Jillian

Don't be an affection whore.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote: