Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:16 PM   #1
SilentScreams

The Ultimate "How to be GOTH GUIDE"

Okay kiddies for all you cunts who are "new to the scene and need some fashion tips" hopefully this thread will help you with all your problems.

And so we begin:

First of all, always remember to WEAR WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT!

Why care so much about "looking goth"
If you truely know that you are goth and not because its the new "in" thing than that's it. You are gothic. No outfit is going to make you even more goth. Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable, not what will make you accepted in others eyes. And if by shear coincidence what makes you feel most comfortable happens to be EXACTLY the stereotypical "standard" for all goths, then more power to you. If black hair, lipstick, and eyeliner covering 75% of your face makes you happy, then be happy. If you prefer to just wear a t-shirt and jeans but still have the deep intellectual mindset of a goth, then your goth. That's it.

Who the hell is anyone else who judges you? It's simple really - they are just someone else.

If, however, you are that desperate to fit in with the stereotypical "standards" heres what you do:

1) Sell all your clothes, your house, your first born son, and your soul.
2) Gather up our money and go to Hot Topic.
3) Shop around. After selling all that stuff, hopefully you'll have enough for 2 or 3 outfits.
4) Look around these forums for others that are as stupid and closeminded and brainwashed by the mainstream world of what you should and shouldn't be.
5) Marry this person and "spawn with them.
6) Get pregnant.

Congratulations, you've now spawned the anti-christ.

Good day to you,
Ian
SilentScreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:25 PM   #2
WolfMoon

Wow, don't 'we' sound like an authority!

I take offense to some people calling themselves 'goth'. Like it or lump it, 'goths' do have a sort of dress-code. We listen to 'certain' music and read 'certain' types of literature.If it offends you, find another sub-culture.

I do, however, think that the DIY aspect of the sub-culture is greatly over-looked by alot of people nowadays.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:29 PM   #3
winged_dreams

I'm afraid I don't follow the dress-code. Can I still be goth? XD

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:49 PM   #4
Sanctus Dei

Wow.. this was a waste of Bandwidth. Anyone have a Thread torch???

Moron.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:52 PM   #5
Phayte

I thought I would be posting a flame when I read the title of this thread, but it actually makes a little bit of sense. I don't think it deserves it's own thread though seeing as how we already have a few threads saying pretty much the same thing.
~William Shakespeare
Phayte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 12:06 AM   #6
Manimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScreams
Okay kiddies for all you cunts who are "new to the scene and need some fashion tips" hopefully this thread will help you with all your problems.

And so we begin:

First of all, always remember to WEAR WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT!

Why care so much about "looking goth"
If you truely know that you are goth and not because its the new "in" thing than that's it. You are gothic. No outfit is going to make you even more goth. Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable, not what will make you accepted in others eyes. And if by shear coincidence what makes you feel most comfortable happens to be EXACTLY the stereotypical "standard" for all goths, then more power to you. If black hair, lipstick, and eyeliner covering 75% of your face makes you happy, then be happy. If you prefer to just wear a t-shirt and jeans but still have the deep intellectual mindset of a goth, then your goth. That's it.

Who the hell is anyone else who judges you? It's simple really - they are just someone else.

If, however, you are that desperate to fit in with the stereotypical "standards" heres what you do:

1) Sell all your clothes, your house, your first born son, and your soul.
2) Gather up our money and go to Hot Topic.
3) Shop around. After selling all that stuff, hopefully you'll have enough for 2 or 3 outfits.
4) Look around these forums for others that are as stupid and closeminded and brainwashed by the mainstream world of what you should and shouldn't be.
5) Marry this person and "spawn with them.
6) Get pregnant.

Congratulations, you've now spawned the anti-christ.

Good day to you,
Ian
The same thing has been said here many many times with more flair by others. Search is your friend. Why anyone gave you the satisfaction of responding I don't know.

You may not acually be an idiot but I have to say it.

You're an idiot.

Good day to you,
Manimal
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:27 AM   #7
Nemesis

hmm well with a thread entitled 'how to be a goth' really suggests that its for wannabes and such like so what are you trying to call us all?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:59 AM   #8
Bete Noire

You're just presenting a different kind fo stereotype. You're trying to educate the teenagers who try to be goth without any idea what goth is. What you're doing is telling them how to be the Goths stereotype of Goth. I don't know if that makes sense but if it doesn't I apologise in advance.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:05 AM   #9
JuliaGaltic

Awww, come on guys. We are all just lost children in deep need of leadership, and who else to lead us but wise, wise SilentScreams?
Old 01-04-2006, 05:27 PM   #10
SilentScreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
You're just presenting a different kind fo stereotype. You're trying to educate the teenagers who try to be goth without any idea what goth is. What you're doing is telling them how to be the Goths stereotype of Goth. I don't know if that makes sense but if it doesn't I apologise in advance.
Yes and I understand that but looking around this forum I see the same fuckin threads that are saying shit like:

"I just got into the whole goth scene and I NEED to know what to wear so I can fit in with all my other "GOTHY" friends."

This whole thread was started not to be taken seriously and was pure sarcasm, but I guess that didn't go through. It was just started to try and put in end to the shit by leading all those shits to a thread that I entitled "The Ultimate "How to be GOTH GUIDE"
for that very reason.

Why yall have gotten all your panties in knots over this I have no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
hmm well with a thread entitled 'how to be a goth' really suggests that its for wannabes and such like so what are you trying to call us all?
Yes it is for wannabes! That is the whole fuckin point! Why the hell would anyone who is already goth give a shit about a guide how to be goth?!

God damn yall are fuckin idiots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
****crickets****

And, frankly, everything is a stereotype, even astereotypical is a stereotype. Alas, in this world we dwell.
Except for you cause that makes sense.

Everyone else fuck off and die.

Fuckin twats
Old 01-04-2006, 05:33 PM   #11
UltraNEO*

*rolls eyes*
*kicks silent*

Fuckin' Noobs...
UltraNEO* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 05:39 PM   #12
SilentScreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phayte
I thought I would be posting a flame when I read the title of this thread, but it actually makes a little bit of sense. I don't think it deserves it's own thread though seeing as how we already have a few threads saying pretty much the same thing.
Yeah I know this has been touched on several threads but the only ones I found were started by people asking how to dress, then followed by 50 other posts saying wear whatever you want. I agreed with this so I simply made a thread outlining all of this.

However, no one who said the EXACT SAME SHIT I said in the post above got flamed or anything. Everyone agreed with them. If enough people agree to it, everyone following is more likely to agree. And if the first few disagree, more people are likely to disagree as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal
The same thing has been said here many many times with more flair by others.
Which is the what the intention was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNEO*
*rolls eyes*
*kicks silent*

Fuckin' Noobs...
And yet you too are a baygoth...

I hate you all.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:44 PM   #13
UltraNEO*

Maybe this thread should be renamed "The Ultimate "How not to be GOTH GUIDE"" at least wannabe will know where they are going wrong.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:11 PM   #14
horrorgirl

Quote:

I hate you all.
That brings tears to my eyes!!! *sniffles*

I want to make a shirt that says:

GOT ANGST?

I would give you one for free.

By the way, what is a baygoth? A goth that lives in a bay?

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 06:39 PM   #15
mortalitas incomitatus

*sniff sniff*

i smell a kin-da-goff

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:12 AM   #16
Phayte

Silent.. if you can't handle the flames don't post a pointless fucking thread.
~William Shakespeare
Phayte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:50 AM   #17
Sanctus Dei

The point is doll... you haven't been here long enough to create a sarcastic "built out of annoyance" thread. I've been here since November and I still have yet to even think about it.. out of respect for the elders here I'm not about to wipe my two cents across their ass cheeks. It's disrespectful and frankly rude... take the time for people to get to know you before you take a reign and fly free with your long winded opinion of the structure of the board as is.

Imagine I happened upon you and a friend in the middle of a debate or just a random conversation and I piped in with an opinion of my own having only known you the 15 seconds it took to choke out my thoughts. If you say you wouldn't be slightly annoyed....
you sir, are a liar..
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:50 AM   #18
SilentScreams

The flames don't bother me it's just I was trying to get a point across and it seems everyone took it the wrong way.

Oh and Happy Birthday mortalitas incomitatus.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:56 AM   #19
SilentScreams

Ignore teh previous post i had not enough time to edit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phayte
Silent.. if you can't handle the flames don't post a pointless fucking thread.
The flames don't bother me it's just I was trying to get a point across and it seems everyone took it the wrong way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
The point is doll... you haven't been here long enough to create a sarcastic "built out of annoyance" thread. I've been here since November and I still have yet to even think about it.. out of respect for the elders here I'm not about to wipe my two cents across their ass cheeks. It's disrespectful and frankly rude... take the time for people to get to know you before you take a reign and fly free with your long winded opinion of the structure of the board as is.

Imagine I happened upon you and a friend in the middle of a debate or just a random conversation and I piped in with an opinion of my own having only known you the 15 seconds it took to choke out my thoughts. If you say you wouldn't be slightly annoyed....
you sir, are a liar..
Yeah I know. Its even talked about in the rules. But all i was trying to do is outline what many people have said on this site about people who ask how they should dress, and that is simply to not really care and wear what you want. And like you said stating my opinion without anyone getting to know me was annoying. However, that is all it is, an opinion, and we are all entitled to it.

Oh and Happy Birthday mortalitas incomitatus.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:01 AM   #20
mortalitas incomitatus

yaaay it's my birthday.
*does stupid happy dance round room*
you earn a point for that one screams

*another eliter*
Old 01-05-2006, 02:15 AM   #21
SilentScreams

Why thank you.

You have a whole thread of people wishing you Happy Birthday. You seem to be quite popular.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:17 AM   #22
mortalitas incomitatus

Quote:
Why thank you.

You have a whole thread of people wishing you Happy Birthday. You seem to be quite popular.

thats cos i'm mortalitas the kinky sex fiend.......as appointed by miss punkirony.

i have minions!!!!!!!!!
and a chamber

*another eliter*
Old 01-05-2006, 02:39 AM   #23
SilentScreams

kinky sex fiend, eh?

that's quite an honor!

where abouts is this said chamber?
Old 01-05-2006, 03:42 AM   #24
UltraNEO*

kinkiness huh...

*grabs ducktape*
*passes whip*

which one, the dom or the sub...

"Listen when your hurting someone, don't think of the pain he feels, only concentrate on the pleasure of causing him pain. That's the only way to show true compassion for your partner." - taken from Korosiya Ichi
Old 01-05-2006, 03:45 AM   #25
mortalitas incomitatus

oh guys you sooo new.........
but i forgive you......
and you must be invited to my chamber.....
dom all the way baby.....

*another eliter*