Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:55 AM   #1
Anarasha

Diet starts... NOW!

I have been putting it off for far too long.
"Oh well it's just been Christmas and New Year's Eve, I can start tomorrow."
Well bloody hell -.-" I'm gonna do it NOW!
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #2
honeythorn

For fucks sake, we all told you this to begin with. Just try not to be the usual January new year's resolution dieter, who gives up after a month of not being able to have 10 chocolate bars a day and haven't lost 20 stone in a week as they were hoping to do.

If I were you I wouldn't even go near a set of scales for the first month or so. The first weight you lose will be fluid, and things will really slow down after that, you may only lose a pound a week. But don't give in. Just keep going. It's going to take you a seriously long time to lose that weight.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:07 AM   #3
Anarasha

Yeah. I know, it's gonna be tough. I would've started the gym already, but then half a meter of snow fell and everything went into a standstill. But tuesday will hopefully be my first gym day.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
MollyMac

The gym is an excuse. Shovel snow. Exercise at home.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:05 PM   #5
honeythorn

Or just go for a walk in the snow? Trudging through deep snow will work you a little harder than walking down a dry street.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:16 PM   #6
Anarasha

Aye, I walk regularly.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:49 AM   #7
Apathy's_Child

Yeah, what these guys said - if you're depending on your ability to get there for excercise, you'll never run out of excuses. If you don't feel like a walk, do something nice for your mom and clean the house until sweat pours off you. There's ALWAYS some way to excercise. I've never been near a gym in my life, and my muscle definition is the shit considering my lifestyle.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:49 AM   #8
Mir

Fuck that shit. Here, have a choc-bar.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #9
MollyMac

Mmmm... Mir's salty choco-bar... mmm...
Old 01-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #10
Mir

No freaking way!

http://www.bedroompleasures.co.uk/se...l?currency=GBP
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:08 PM   #11
creature6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarasha View Post
I have been putting it off for far too long.
"Oh well it's just been Christmas and New Year's Eve, I can start tomorrow."
Well bloody hell -.-" I'm gonna do it NOW!
talking about it is one thing but you better off doing it and not say so much or moan about it.
You are the one who feel the need to do it so DO IT!
Stop being washy ,washy and carry yourself like a wimp...
Have some balls,have some self discipline and get on with it.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:27 PM   #12
Xombie

I don't belieeeve you! =D
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #13
Despanan

Hey guy.

So this my come as a surprise, but I was a big 'ol boy once upon a time. I grew up skinny but got pretty goddamn fat during college (thanks to depression and discovering beer).

Good on you for trying the diet, but here's the thing, you've been pretty big for a while now, minor life changes aren't going to have a whole lot of impact.

You need to be super disciplined. You need to change your life, not just tweek it.

I dropped from 236 lbs down to 175 and got my body back. You can do it. Just stick with it. It's either going to take a long time, or it's going to take something extreme, but either way, it'll make you alot happier and add YEARS to your life.

Also, when you go into Ketosis it's gonna feel awesome. Sugar made from your body's fat is the Brain's preferred food, so you'll start feeling really good. Mix that with endorphins when you start exercising and chemically, you'll be pretty fucking happy.

I credit Ketosis with helping me come out of a four-year depression.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #14
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Hey guy.

So this my come as a surprise, but I was a big 'ol boy once upon a time. I grew up skinny but got pretty goddamn fat during college (thanks to depression and discovering beer).
Remember when I told you I know your doppelganger? Haven't seen him in a while but someone brought him up the other day, apparently he's huge now.

He's copying you.

But yeah Anarasha, don't let snow stop you from exercising. In fact snow presents many exercise opportunities. You skip one day, you'll skip more, you gotta be super strict about this.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:27 PM   #15
Vale of Dallas Texas

I want to start running or biking, starting tomorrow morning. The whole, eat this don't eat that has never worked for me. I am usually subjected to what "all of us want"....Although when it's just me I feel like I make good decisions.

Have you ever heard of the "Gorilla Diet"?,........

It breaks down like this, take your weight, and divide it by the number 31. The number you get back is to be considered as pounds. Example:

185/31=5.967741935

So this tells me on a daily basis I should eat approximately 6 pounds of fruit and vegetable.

Any fruit or veg you like, including nuts and berries.

And of course make sure to drink your fluids. Water is the best, and as natural as you can fruit juices.

So thats the "Gorilla Diet"

I saw this on TV!.....
Vale of Dallas Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:13 PM   #16
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale of Dallas Texas View Post
I want to start running or biking, starting tomorrow morning. The whole, eat this don't eat that has never worked for me. I am usually subjected to what "all of us want"....Although when it's just me I feel like I make good decisions.

Have you ever heard of the "Gorilla Diet"?,........

It breaks down like this, take your weight, and divide it by the number 31. The number you get back is to be considered as pounds. Example:

185/31=5.967741935

So this tells me on a daily basis I should eat approximately 6 pounds of fruit and vegetable.

Any fruit or veg you like, including nuts and berries.

And of course make sure to drink your fluids. Water is the best, and as natural as you can fruit juices.

So thats the "Gorilla Diet"

I saw this on TV!.....
Let me tell you why this is a bad idea.

Fruits, however yummy, are absolutely FULL of sugar. Bananas, strawberries, and fruits of that nature are brimming with sugar. You have a few POUNDS of these fruits, you might as well drink Mountain Dew.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:47 AM   #17
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post
Let me tell you why this is a bad idea.

Fruits, however yummy, are absolutely FULL of sugar. Bananas, strawberries, and fruits of that nature are brimming with sugar. You have a few POUNDS of these fruits, you might as well drink Mountain Dew.
Not really, soda is just empty calories most of the time and have lots of caffeine, at least fruit has fiber and lots of nutrients. And he did say "fruit and veg", not just fruit.

Still, it sounds like a raw vegan diet more than a revolutionary idea.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #18
honeythorn

Some fruits are better than others. Bananas should be seriously limited or cut completely for quite some time. They have potassium sure, but also a fucking ton of sugar. Raisins are another one. Which is why I only add a small handful to my breakfast each day and that's it.

Eating lots of fruit and veg is fine, but eating more veg than fruit is what you should be doing . 6 lbs seems excessive though O.o It's all very well following a "gorilla diet" but you are not a gorilla. You're a human being and have evolved to eat a different diet despite many shared genetics.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #19
Saya

There is no universal diet that we've all evolved to eat, as long as its healthy there's no problem. Besides, it can't be called a gorilla diet to reflect what gorillas eat, they also eat shoots and leaves and bugs. It just really sounds like a raw vegan diet unless he's cooking it, and it takes some work. Sad that grains get no love though.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:54 AM   #20
Still Jack

Yo, Anarasha, I'mma let you finish and all, but Honeythorn had the best diet of the year!111!!! OF THE YEAR!!11!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #21
MollyMac

I need to just make a frakkin sticky of the nutrition and exercise 101.

Fat Goths, just eat clan and move your fat asses. The more you type, the wider your ass gets.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:37 PM   #22
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
There is no universal diet that we've all evolved to eat, as long as its healthy there's no problem. Besides, it can't be called a gorilla diet to reflect what gorillas eat, they also eat shoots and leaves and bugs. It just really sounds like a raw vegan diet unless he's cooking it, and it takes some work. Sad that grains get no love though.
Raw Vegan diets never jived for me. I like bread, I truly do. I'm sure having more "raw vegan" foods would help, but I really don't like lettuce, and last time I ate at a Raw Vegan place, the lot of it was lettuce instead of bread.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:05 AM   #23
KissMeDeadly

Hey Anarasha, you've inspired me to stop half-assing the diet I've been on. I did good for a few weeks, never drank any soda/sweetened drinks, just water, black coffee, and plain green tea. Ate three well balanced meals, all that good stuff. Then on Christmas I decided to be a giant fat-ass and eat three or four plates of party food and lots of punch + eggnog. Just kinda kept being fat up until now.

So what do you say we keep each other motivated? I found out that slipping up once can lead to problems in no time.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:13 AM   #24
Noumi

Well good luck with that...
Have you tried visiting diet forums?
It could be helpful...

ピラール
Noumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:48 PM   #25
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Good luck Anarsha!!!

Losing weight is a long tough road, and I was only 196 pounds going to 160. It's hard, but trust me, it is worth it in the end.

Good luck!!!

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote