Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 01:53 PM   #17951
Delkaetre

I'm on MySpace now, add away- I'll link you to some stuff I did on Sunday.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 12-19-2007, 02:03 PM   #17952
korinna5555

Raven.. what is your myspace?
Old 12-19-2007, 02:07 PM   #17953
korinna5555

Do you have pictures of your kid?
Old 12-19-2007, 02:10 PM   #17954
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
WHEE!

How will we be judged?
I propose that Methadrine and Humane Pain be the official judges.
Agreed but I think we need at least one female to help out with this, that female will not be allowed to compete in order to maintain an unbiased opinion.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 12-19-2007, 02:11 PM   #17955
Delkaetre

http://www.myspace.com/delkaetre
if you should need it. New pics will go up there later this evening.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 12-19-2007, 02:11 PM   #17956
korinna5555

I propose that Del or Ophie be the lady judge, unless both of them would like to compete.

How many submissions per person?
Old 12-19-2007, 02:25 PM   #17957
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
I propose that Del or Ophie be the lady judge, unless both of them would like to compete.

How many submissions per person?
A dozen photos max, half should be in one setting half in another (if an odd number it's ok). We had better consult the female judge candidates to see if they want to compete then. These rules are open to change subject objection.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 12-19-2007, 02:31 PM   #17958
honeythorn

Wait...are you actually being serious here?
Old 12-19-2007, 02:32 PM   #17959
korinna5555

I am

I MIGHT post.. but that wouldn't go over well with Justin.
I WILL BE LADY JUDGE!
Old 12-19-2007, 02:34 PM   #17960
Delkaetre

I accept Korinna's nomination as judge, and promise to ogle for the greater good, and not to take part in the contest.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:49 PM   #17961
korinna5555

Sorry, but I'm not into the military type..
Cute son though!
Old 12-19-2007, 05:29 PM   #17962
Delkaetre

There are pictures, mostly involving the lovely new goggles I bought from RS Industrial Supplies (courtesy of Housemate N getting hold of a catalogue for us).

Steampunk (Victorian+ Science)
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...adScience5.jpg

Cyberpunk (Silver+ Goggles)
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...Cyberpunk1.jpg

Elegant Gothic Aristocrat (Cheap jacket+ red lace)
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...rockJabot2.jpg

Other stuff to follow, once I get pics back from Sunday (nothing like freezing your extremities off in the ruins of an old priory in December in a northern country for pretty pictures.)
Old 12-19-2007, 05:37 PM   #17963
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre
There are pictures, mostly involving the lovely new goggles I bought from RS Industrial Supplies (courtesy of Housemate N getting hold of a catalogue for us).

Steampunk (Victorian+ Science)
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...adScience5.jpg

Cyberpunk (Silver+ Goggles)
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...Cyberpunk1.jpg

Elegant Gothic Aristocrat (Cheap jacket+ red lace)
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...rockJabot2.jpg

Other stuff to follow, once I get pics back from Sunday (nothing like freezing your extremities off in the ruins of an old priory in December in a northern country for pretty pictures.)
My dear Delkaetre, those pictures are HOT! I LOVE your bat tie clasp, the pop tarts look as scrumptious as your space age tight silver top and the hint of a smile coupled together with that look in your eyes is totally flirtatious! Zap me with your ray gun PLEEEEAAAASE!

Old 12-19-2007, 05:44 PM   #17964
Delkaetre

Pop tarts? I didn't link to the pop tarts picture. Having fun browsing my photobucket? :P
The bat tiepin is actually the silver bat pendant on my chocket, carefully sat over the jabot and under the collar of my shirt. I love my bat- it's from Italy, so I know I'm not likely to see someone else in its duplicate if I go out to a club!
And the silver top is from a charity shop, cost me about a quid. The jacket, that was £30 on ebay- but it's meant to be a latex dress, so £30's really not bad. Thank Housemate N for use of his Dreamcast's Biogun for raygun goodness, but be aware I had no intention of flirtation, except in a general way of flirting with an aesthetic I've not practiced before.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:46 PM   #17965
Delkaetre

Why thank you!
And you, my dear, have the chest of a wickedly tempting succubus!
Old 12-19-2007, 06:09 PM   #17966
korinna5555

The angel and the succubus.. *twitches*

*coughs*

Old 12-19-2007, 06:11 PM   #17967
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre
Pop tarts? I didn't link to the pop tarts picture. Having fun browsing my photobucket? :P
Well, when the link takes you to the Photobucket page, there is a button in the upper right that says "next/previous", so rather than clicking through the links in Gnet I just lazily kept hitting "next". Sorry if I was looking where I wasn't supposed to, I am not going to stalk you or make any lewd suggestions, I am just an admirer of beautiful people like yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a very beautiful person
And the silver top is from a charity shop, cost me about a quid. The jacket, that was £30 on ebay- but it's meant to be a latex dress, so £30's really not bad. Thank Housemate N for use of his Dreamcast's Biogun for raygun goodness, but be aware I had no intention of flirtation, except in a general way of flirting with an aesthetic I've not practiced before.

Again, my apologies if I conveyed the idea to anyone that you were intentionally flirting, I merely tried to say you looked flirtatious, another way of saying you looked very attractive. It was meant as a harmless compliment. The man in me does get so carried away when I see a beautiful female. Damn testosterone!

Old 12-19-2007, 06:13 PM   #17968
Stormtrooper of Death

Oi! You both look bloody great. Why do all the hot women live far away from me? Anywho, I'll be on here in picture form, very soon.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:18 PM   #17969
Delkaetre

Hahaha, don't worry!
You just must have seen the thing before I changed the link. I had realised that I had linked to the actual photobucket page rather than to the images, and changed the links accordingly- just not quite in a timely fashion. There's nothing particularly awful there, though I do feel that much of the collection needs editing, lighting and contrast shifts (ahh, photoshop).
Compliments are always pleasing things to receive, and it is good to hear that people find me beautiful. I've only grown into myself, as it were, in the last year or two- so I'm not particularly used to compliments (though members of the board seem to be doing their best to change that!)
I'm not aware of that use of the word 'flirtatious'. Did you study linguistics or some similar thing? I tend to have a very good grasp of the English language, and I'm unused to uses of a word that I'm not familiar with. Of course, I'm a student yet and you're full-grown, so you likely have more experience with language than I.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:59 PM   #17970
fiends

Why'd they go and do that?
Old 12-19-2007, 07:45 PM   #17971
ForgetThisLostLenore

Ok, sorry, my link isn't working.... You shall all have to wait.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:51 PM   #17972
fiends

So that's how it looks close up.
Cool one, Raven. ^_^
Old 12-19-2007, 08:05 PM   #17973
Xombie

Okay. More recent picturessss. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with my hair. :[

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...Picture074.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...Picture073.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...Picture075.jpg

Blah.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:08 PM   #17974
fiends

Aww, don't be blah!
Those are nice. ^_^
I like the 'hawk.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:08 PM   #17975
ForgetThisLostLenore

Sorry, my computer's retarded tonight...
Closed Thread