Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-28-2006, 10:30 PM   #26
roserougesang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
If you like, I found some pretty photos you could use with a little bit of editing...

Not forcing an av on you, but I just liked the imagery your username brings to mind.

http://fotos2.vstre4a.info/123940_dd...27364b68_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../bloodrose.jpg

http://credkaa.webpark.pl/rose.gif

Remember, they have to be less than 80X80 pixels.
I like the second one the best. I've got the first one
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:50 PM   #27
Demonista_Ravenesque

I had a creepy dream last night.

I was at this nightclub and everyone there dressed like cyergoths.

When I stepped up to the DJ to request a song, he screams and he melts, then everyone turns around and yells 'By the god! The Anime Queen had killed our music provider!" They all started shooting me with Rayguns then I used my hands to shoot moonbeams at them until they fell down and couldn't get up....like turtles.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:49 AM   #28
Mr E Nigma

So... Despite my insomnia I still had odd sleeping hours last night, 8:10 PM - 1:15 AM.... Within those few hours i had an odd dream.

There was a lot of people inside this church. Which oddly enough also doubled as a bank. O_O. Anyways, apparently the bank wasn't very good because people were reluctant to deposit any money. Aside from that, everyone was in the church because there was a hurricane whisping around outside. Alright, now for people I was randomly talking with inside the church. EPS was there, and for some reason I was asking when Manimal would get better (I'm guessin' he was sick or something). Disfuction was there as well and when my attention turned towards him we started playing World of Warcraft. (Was wondering if you do actually play?) . And Xnguela was there talking about the different threads on here (well, the subjects, like general, introduction etc..) and lastly one of my friends from childhood was in it as well talking about whether or not he should deposit his $13.54 into the bank. It was really weird 'cause he kept saying it exactly... over and over $13.54.... then it ended..
Old 04-05-2006, 04:31 AM   #29
Blushing Heliophobe

Last night I dreamed I was breastfeeding Napoleon Dynamite.

I woke up a very unhappy girl...how's that for a strange dream
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:01 AM   #30
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushing Heliophobe
Last night I dreamed I was breastfeeding Napoleon Dynamite.

I woke up a very unhappy girl...how's that for a strange dream
Very symbolic... Do you feel like you are acting like a mother to a nerd in your life?

I remember a dream I had when I was about 4 years old, still quite vividly.

I was on a tricycle trying to get up a driveway to a cottage were I knew my family was. Behind the cottage a volcano was erupting, and I was desperate to get to my family to warn them. But I couldn't. I just could not work the peddals properly, and every time I got a little way up the hill, I would roll back down. All I had in the world was about to be engulfed by liquid hot magma and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it. I tried and tried to move up that hill. I was frustrated and terrified and wretched. I woke up beofre it was resolved. Probably when the emotion got too much.

Strange how it never occured to me to get off the trike.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:15 AM   #31
Metatron

Well, just a bit ago I had a dream that I went to go play the marimba, and every time I went to go hit it, the mallets would turn into vegetables. It was quite upsetting, and soon I had a large pile of celery, asparagus, carrots, and corn sitting next to me.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:17 AM   #32
winged_dreams

I have dreams that are weird versions of reality like weird versions of my school. I also have nightmares. Recently I dreamed that my fiance had died. I woke up sobbing. That was unpleasant.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:18 AM   #33
Sobeh

I had a dream that I was standing on the porch of my childhood home, which was in the foothills of the Wasatch mountain range in Utah, which afforded a view of the entire Salt Lake Valley. Which was nice, because it let me see the strike point and flash of the Nuclear Bomb hit near the lake, and I got just inside the screen door before the blast wave caught up to where I was... the scary thing was, I got to feel myself lifted up from the force of it, and the feeling as my flesh was torn from my bones, and then as my bones disinegrated and everything went white, I had this odd sense that there was something the bomb hadn't touched... anyway, it offers little comfort now, but at the time it made me feel a little better about mortality.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:22 PM   #34
Kraven Obscuria

With patience, practice and concentration lucid dreaming and astral projection can be achieved on a regular basis. This can open up a whole new opportunity for relection on life, it's meaning and how to get the most of it.
I have had both of these occurences my whole life, however learned more formally how to control them over the last few years. These experiences can be both terrifying and awe inspiring depending on your state of consciousness and your true intent.

Something as simple as focusing your gaze and concentration on a lit candle, then with your closed eyes recreating the image can do wonders for concentration.
Kraven Obscuria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:20 AM   #35
roserougesang

Has anyone here had those odd 2 seconds dreams where you fall asleep, feel like you're falling through your bed and then wake up straight after? It's only happened to me two or three times that I can remember but it's scary. Wonder why that happens, is it something to do with your brain?
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:36 AM   #36
TwistedKitsune

if you're waking up very suddenly and then falling asleep again immediately afterward then they could be dreams associated with the jolt that people experience when shifting into REM sleep...I trip over a tree branch...some people trip, some people jump or fall off things, some people even connect getting shot to this brief jolt, and still other people aren't even aware that this happens, or it doesn't happen because they don't ever shift into REM sleep

pssst, Morrigan, tokidoki shashin wa ii...
TwistedKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:25 AM   #37
Kraven Obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by roserougesang
Has anyone here had those odd 2 seconds dreams where you fall asleep, feel like you're falling through your bed and then wake up straight after? It's only happened to me two or three times that I can remember but it's scary. Wonder why that happens, is it something to do with your brain?
It's usually your consciousness shifting from your physical body into your etheric/astral body, providing the sinking feeling. Many times during this your subconscious creates a dream scenario to mimic the physical sensation that your are feeling, hence tripping or falling off things.
Many times during falling asleep or dreaming I have the sensation of being pulled forward, falling, tripping, etc. usually then I can convert the regular dream to a lucid, OBE, or astral experience. Also when sometimes you feel like you moved your head or one of your limbs, even though you know you are laying perfectly still, this is a another sign. Hope that helps....
Kraven Obscuria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 05:49 AM   #38
cinaria

Last night I had this dream that I was eating ice cream out of a high heeled shoe, wearing nothing but a pink bathrobe and fuzzy mules. That went on for a while until a huge gout of blood erupted from the shoe and I woke up with this nasty urge to vomit.

I have weird dreams like that all the time.
cinaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:21 PM   #39
wishcat

I always have stange dreams. I'm either running away from someone or something ( when i was younger they used to be vampires or monsters or tidal waves to name a few)
but recently I am usually someone else, like last dream I had I was a cowboy dude back in the ol' days, I was in the forest with some other men and we were on our horses in a river, then suddenly zippers started growing all over our skin, and then the zippers opened up and our guts and everything came out and we all collapsed to the ground and died.

Another one was that I was an asian woman held hostage with my mother in some house/barn, and we tried to escape but got cought, and they shot my mom and she died in my arms. It was so sad.

And one time I had a dream in black and white which was very odd! Actually it was that color between black and white and color, Can't remember the name of it. It looks like rust in a way.

I have so many dream stories, guess i have a crazy imagination.
wishcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:52 AM   #40
Wise Child

I have dreams that someone is chasing me, too. Quite often they catch up and I'll have to kill them to stop them from killing me - only they won't ever stay dead. It's all very slasher movie. I also have this recurring nightmare that the world is ending and everything's just in complete chaos. Also, I die in dreams, all the time. Usually from a headshot, but after I saw Titanic when I was like thirteen I had this really weird dream that I froze to death in my living room, which was about fifty times its normal size and filled with seawater. Fun!

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:42 AM   #41
Lackluster_Heavens

Alright, well last night I had a very odd dream, atleast for me, most of the time my dreams are fairly normal for dreams. Just the normal sex-dreams and occasionally landrey dreams. But this one was extremely odd, not just the dream, but how I felt it. It was one of the most real things I have ever felt, like it was more real than the waking world. So, there I was in a forest, I recognized it, it was in the santa fe moutain range, a beautiful place. And I start walking, not on the trail, just through the underbrush and around trees and such. Then, I simply stop. I'm looking around and I see a great white deer with horns. I mean huge, like a draft horse. It walks up to me, and pulls me onto it with it's teeth, and i'm naked. I dont know how, my clothes disapper as i'm pulled onto it. Then it just takes off through the forest, so fast it feels like i'm flying with it, not touching the bushes and fallen leaves, just running. Eventually, a light starts coming the horns of the deer, and then they explode along with the rest of it into a flash of the brightest light i've ever "seen". As I look to back to where it was, it's gone, along with the forest, and i'm standing at what I like to call "The Edge of the World" a cliff in colorado. Then a shadow of someone I know walks out of the air towards me, touches me on the cheek, wipes away a tear I didn't know was there, and I wake up from this "Dream". And like I said, it was one of the most real things i've ever felt.
Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.
Lackluster_Heavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:42 AM   #42
A Simple Poet

I dreamt last night that a guy I knew and I were forced to walk extensive areas of the downtown district and nod our heads and smile at each and every person that walked by. I don't know if this was Hell or some kind of penance, but since I am thinking along those lines, it must have been.

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
A Simple Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:04 AM   #43
Twisted Ducky

I had a dream a week or so ago. It was on a island, and there was all these men in loinclothes making canoes on the beach, with a forest behind them. Then three of them would push off in one, and sink. Then a monkey screeched in the woods. And they all started yelling a running into the water. Then monkeys came out of the forest and started eating the men. The men in the water started getting eatin by frogs. A frog chewed my stomach off....and I woke up....
Twisted Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:12 AM   #44
Oubliette

I dreamt, the other night, that my dog got into some kind of horrible accident and lost 3 of his paws. He didn't die from the injuries however, so we had to put him down.

That dream has been lingering for days now, what a fucking nightmare.

"Can't we all just get a bong?"-Wolfie-
Oubliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:21 AM   #45
Cambodian Breakfast

I had a dreams that my wife cheated on me. I my sleep I elbowed her in the head. In real life I elbowed her in the head. I felt like shit.
Cambodian Breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:54 AM   #46
Oubliette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambodian Breakfast
I had a dreams that my wife cheated on me. I my sleep I elbowed her in the head. In real life I elbowed her in the head. I felt like shit.

Your poor wife. I would have given you a fucking fat lip for that one.

Old 04-17-2006, 08:55 AM   #47
Cambodian Breakfast

She almost did. I was scared shitless. Don't wake a pregrent womyn.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:43 AM   #48
Oubliette

Especially by elbowing her in the head...

Old 04-17-2006, 11:58 AM   #49
WolfMoon

CB, you've got a lot of ass kissing to do to that poor woman.

I used to have nightmares that Manson was trying to have sex with me. Cornering me in airplane bathrooms, showing up for my granpa's(grandpa Munster in the dream) birthday to try and catrch me alone and one time even hiring me as a customer under a different name for a corset fitting. By the time the last dream was over, it was too late. We were completely alone and locked in a hotel suite together.

Thankfully I woke up before things got too bad.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:10 PM   #50
Cambodian Breakfast

I take good care of me lady. :-)