Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #26
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMerchantBC View Post
The soul purpose of vaccination is to save lives and ward off disease and sickness. But the more human lives you save the more populated the earth sphere becomes, the greater the strain and the deeper the suffering. This is a paradox. Disease death sickness and extinction are mother natures way of keeping balance within the earth sphere. Our fate as a whole is inevitably sealed and cannot be prevented in the greater sceam of things - only postponed. But rest assured that one day our footprints as deep as they are, will subside - lost within the annals of a decaying world. Why fight the storm? The tides will rise, the winds will blow, thunder will strike and all you can really do is kneel down in submission to a greater untamed power at work - mother nature!
It is beneficial to humans to want to help other humans. To suggest we all just let each other die off instead of taking advantage of medical science is illogical. We created the wonders that fight cancer and the retro viruses that let people with HIV/AIDS live longer(and yes, they do deserve to live just as much as the rest of us). We should all benefit from the advances of medical science. One could argue that we also built the atom bomb, but just because humans do bad things they do not negate the good that we do.

Of course it's easier to say 'just let everyone die' when it's not a possible danger to your children or spouse. It's easier to say such things when you think they will not affect you, but they affect us all no matter how secluded you think you are from society. Been there, been misanthropic, got over it.

Vaccines are important and should not be done away with to 'let nature take its course'. Fuck that.
Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:08 PM   #27
ShadowMerchantBC

That sort of humanistic Hollywood inspired philosophy has its uses I suppose. In the future try to read the entire statement before making anymore ignorant counter statements! My point was very clear: humanity as the whole will one day die out into extinction. Weather at the hand of mother nature or by the instrument of man's own devices. I gave no Solomon for mercy or exclusions when I stated that our footprints will subside. I've come to terms with this end - I call it Fatalism. You on the other hand have not come to terms with the inevitable end. You may be living an imaginary existence filled by the superheroes portrayed in the media. Perhaps your still bent on the ignorant believe that humans will be here forever. Perhaps your still sleeping, hiding behind someone else's portrait, far from the war torn realms of the east. Food for thought: when you have cured the world of all its ailments... what will you do when all the food and fresh water supplies run out? and where will you go when then gas stations run dry? where will you be employed when jobs are no longer needed due to increased population? I'd love to see what you do when the global temperature increases just afew more degrees and the polar caps melt away! where will you hide? under the stars and strips of the us! Your kind are clueless. Your solutions are only temporarily and only half the battle. You dive into something larger than life, totally unprepared for the consequences. Why do you think dieases exist in the first place? who do you think created them?
ShadowMerchantBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #28
Llyallowyn

Ultimately, humans have proven that manipulating themselves and their environment can have many good and nasty side effects. Murder, war, suicide, disease... they are all a part of nature's population control.

Her point is that just because it is going to fail doesn't mean we should give up on it. It is as hopeless as digging a pit while someone else throws the dirt back in, yes, but when it affects the things and people you love, you take action. I can't argue the pointlessness involved in that, but I can argue that it is human to want to change the facts. The ultimate goal of any species is to ensure our offspring live to breed and perpetuate the growth of our species. If we destroy our planet in the process, it is just the natural order of things. Why? Because humans are as much a part of nature as any other animal. We may very well be nature's catalyst for the next mass extinction.

Regardless, with increasing populations and decreasing resources, there will come a time when the cards will fall and chaos and mass death will occur. Should the human race survive, we will rebuild. After all, it is only human to do so, and they will breed more misanthropic people like you, darling.

"Nothing matters, there is always an end, so why even try?" Because you learn to love something.
Llyallowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #29
Alan

Quote:
But the more human lives you save the more populated the earth sphere becomes, the greater the strain and the deeper the suffering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llyallowyn View Post
Murder, war, suicide, disease... they are all a part of nature's population control.

Ah, more Malthusian fucktards.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:47 PM   #30
ShadowMerchantBC

Quote:
Ultimately, humans have proven that manipulating themselves and their environment can have many good and nasty side effects. Murder, war, suicide, disease... they are all a part of nature's population control.

Her point is that just because it is going to fail doesn't mean we should give up on it. It is as hopeless as digging a pit while someone else throws the dirt back in, yes, but when it affects the things and people you love, you take action. I can't argue the pointlessness involved in that, but I can argue that it is human to want to change the facts. The ultimate goal of any species is to ensure our offspring live to breed and perpetuate the growth of our species. If we destroy our planet in the process, it is just the natural order of things. Why? Because humans are as much a part of nature as any other animal. We may very well be nature's catalyst for the next mass extinction.

Regardless, with increasing populations and decreasing resources, there will come a time when the cards will fall and chaos and mass death will occur. Should the human race survive, we will rebuild. After all, it is only human to do so, and they will breed more misanthropic people like you, darling.

"Nothing matters, there is always an end, so why even try?" Because you learn to love something.

You have a more knowledgeable scope of the topic and for that I will not arvue against your statement. However not all humans fight for the sake and survival of humanity, and not all humans are tied down by love-family-friends-money-sex-fame and all the pleasures of life. Some of us fight for its fatal destruction.

""Some men aren't looking for anything logical.

They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with.

Some men just want to watch the world burn."- The Dark Knight
Old 06-05-2011, 05:03 PM   #31
Alan

Let me guess. You're still a virgin and have never actually read Malthus, huh?
real classy
Old 06-05-2011, 06:12 PM   #32
Llyallowyn

Quote:
You have a more knowledgeable scope of the topic and for that I will not arvue against your statement. However not all humans fight for the sake and survival of humanity, and not all humans are tied down by love-family-friends-money-sex-fame and all the pleasures of life. Some of us fight for its fatal destruction.

""Some men aren't looking for anything logical.

They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with.

Some men just want to watch the world burn."- The Dark Knight
No one said anything about sex, money, and fame, but hey, have fun with your dark carnival.

"Why so serious?" - The Dark Knight
Old 06-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #33
Alan

Quote:
Well, why don't you enlighten him, Alan?
He wouldn't listen anyway. He feels he's all cool being a misanthropic Malthusian wannabe, ironically accusing others of having a "Hollywood-inspired" bullshit pseudo-philosophy about humanity. It's not like Hollywood is one of the biggest sources that keep alive the bullshit and already disproved idea that overpopulation is what causes environmental disasters, right?
real classy
Old 06-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #34
Llyallowyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
He wouldn't listen anyway. He feels he's all cool being a misanthropic Malthusian wannabe, ironically accusing others of having a "Hollywood-inspired" bullshit pseudo-philosophy about humanity. It's not like Hollywood is one of the biggest sources that keep alive the bullshit and already disproved idea that overpopulation is what causes environmental disasters, right?
A little age and maturity will hopefully clean it up.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:21 PM   #35
ShadowMerchantBC

In time. For now that is not your concern.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #36
ShadowMerchantBC

The irony is that I've never heard of Malthusian. One consisent observation I've made over the years: when the idea of human inferiority is introduced into the mentality of your avergae minded peer - what havoc ensues. They tend to get all offensive and irrational. Quick to find irrelevant justification and quick to subject change.

If that's what makes you feel powerful again than so be it. But remember: trillions of galaxies exist out their! You don't make up more than a micro micro spec of it! None of us do! We are powerless... And this lack of powerlessness is what scares you people the most. I've accepted it now its your turn.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:35 PM   #37
ShadowMerchantBC

Let's speak briefly of maturity. I present my honest persona while in contrast you members hide behind fake icons portraits and even other living people! Reveal your true persona I dare you! Then compare with me. If you can get that far.

If you people were as logical and rational as you claim, you would have me in death row! But rather you allow me to move and evolve outwards freely - poisoning the seeds of humanity as a whole with the unfathom truth. This is why democracy will fail in the end. It protects the rebels who so seek to destroy it.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #38
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Let's speak briefly of maturity.
You are unqualified to speak on a subject of which you possess no knowledge

Quote:
I present my honest persona while in contrast you members hide behind fake icons portraits and even other living people! Reveal your true persona I dare you! Then compare with me. If you can get that far.
What? You are assuming, again, wrongly, again, that if someone puts a person in their avatar they are impersonating or 'hiding behind' a silly persona? I would easily compare any of us with you, but there really is no need. You are doing an astounding job at making the rest of us look vastly superior. My personage is easily found, one has but to look.

Quote:
If you people were as logical and rational as you claim, you would have me in death row! But rather you allow me to move and evolve outwards freely - poisoning the seeds of humanity as a whole with the unfathom truth. This is why democracy will fail in the end. It protects the rebels who so seek to destroy it.
Cha, I used to think such outbursts were cool when I was 13, too. Silly me!
Old 06-05-2011, 06:56 PM   #39
ShadowMerchantBC

Quote:
The irony is that I've never heard of Malthusian. One consisent observation I've made over the years: when the idea of human inferiority is introduced into the mentality of your avergae minded peer - what havoc ensues. They tend to get all offensive and irrational. Quick to find irrelevant justification and quick to subject change.

If that's what makes you feel powerful again than so be it. But remember: trillions of galaxies exist out their! You don't make up more than a micro micro spec of it! None of us do! We are powerless... And this lack of powerlessness is what scares you people the most. I've accepted it now its your turn.
My point proven within 3 hours - effortlessly.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #40
Grausamkeit

My original point wasn't that murder, suicide, war and all of that is 'population control', hell that shit's not even natural. My point was that even though there is potential for bad/evil in humanity, the good should not be overlooked. Murder, suicide, war, starvation are all things which humans can realistically solve if we actually put effort into it.

Isaac Asimov believed that there was beauty in science and that humans are their own salvation. If I had to choose a philosophy it would be pragmatic humanism.

In brief:
A secular ideology which espouses reason, ethics, and justice, whilst specifically rejecting supernatural and religious dogma as a basis of morality and decision-making.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #41
ShadowMerchantBC

Again I will not argue with this statement. But one may be foolish to disregard all factors (science and abnormal unexplaonable). For example no one can explain what sparked that first spark prior to the supposid big bang. If you are quick to believe everything you told then you will never hope to truly understand life.

Tell a lie long enough and they will believe it as truth "Adopt Hitler"
Old 06-05-2011, 07:12 PM   #42
Alan

There's no irony in that you've never heard of 'Malthusian' [sic] you dipshit.
You just prove how stupid and ignorant you are. You're gonna die a virgin at this pace. The only people who think it's cool to talk like an embodiment of chaotic evil are D&D nerds.
Have you ever even been on a fight, you pussy?
real classy
Old 06-05-2011, 07:18 PM   #43
Grausamkeit

What happens when we don't vaccinate? We get people like ShadowMerchantBC.

Vaccinate your kids, folks!
Old 06-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #44
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Again I will not argue with this statement. But one may be foolish to disregard all factors (science and abnormal unexplaonable). For example no one can explain what sparked that first spark prior to the supposid big bang. If you are quick to believe everything you told then you will never hope to truly understand life.

Tell a lie long enough and they will believe it as truth "Adopt Hitler"
I bet you learned that at church camp, sure.

Just because we don't know what caused that first spark right now, it doesn't mean we won't one day. There are few things that exist that cannot be explained rationally or by science. I wonder why you are calling me 'Hitler'(or maybe someone else?).

Explain, it should be good for a laugh at the very least.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:37 PM   #45
ShadowMerchantBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
I bet you learned that at church camp, sure.

Just because we don't know what caused that first spark right now, it doesn't mean we won't one day. There are few things that exist that cannot be explained rationally or by science. I wonder why you are calling me 'Hitler'(or maybe someone else?).

Explain, it should be good for a laugh at the very least.
Truly illiterate. It is proper to site the source of your information or quotes. Me call you Hitler? No not you. First you must first learn to bare arms, then you must convert to celibacy as we did. You mention the church in a negative fashion yet you argue on their side for the sake of humanity! Stoner? Virgin me? Just because I love to hate you people? Once I was like you, always thinking about relationships, sex, drama, cheating etc. But there in the sky i bebeld the mighty black eagle with its wings stretched out... And in that moment...(refer to my new introduction thread

Adopt Hitler - I'd be more than pleased to create a new thread or two. One in honor of Adopt Hitler and the other in honor of Joseph Stalin.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:46 PM   #46
Alan

"You must be celibate like me!"
"A virgin? Me? Hah!"

This douche is literally making shit up as he goes. Why are we even bothering with him?
real classy
Old 06-05-2011, 07:47 PM   #47
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
The soul purpose of vaccination is to save lives and ward off disease and sickness. But the more human lives you save the more populated the earth sphere becomes, the greater the strain and the deeper the suffering. This is a paradox. Disease death sickness and extinction are mother natures way of keeping balance within the earth sphere. Our fate as a whole is inevitably sealed and cannot be prevented in the greater sceam of things - only postponed. But rest assured that one day our footprints as deep as they are, will subside - lost within the annals of a decaying world. Why fight the storm? The tides will rise, the winds will blow, thunder will strike and all you can really do is kneel down in submission to a greater untamed power at work - mother nature!
Why bother arguing your point if your point is merely to tell people that there is no point in any point? Listen to your own advice, and shut up.

Both religion and science agree, the universe is productive, the universe started with nothing, and then became something. Just as how there was originally no life and slowly over who knows how long, life has progressed. If there is any lesson to be learned from the greater scheme of things, is that productivity is the way of life and the universe.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #48
ShadowMerchantBC

A true scholar or general does his research prior to going on the defensive against his enemy. You fools did so blindly. Here let me open the door for you: Introduction: Confession of Julianus
Old 06-05-2011, 09:07 PM   #49
ShadowMerchantBC

Gothic.net hmm I think the administers made a error when they made the title. This is more of a hippie community then dark cavern of alternative minded individuals! But then again you listen to Sopor Aeternus so you must be goth.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #50
Alan

You're not an alternative minded individual. You're just like everyone else that runs away crying after they discover we won't jerk off to their shitty poems.
real classy