Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-31-2006, 10:07 AM   #151
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypurple
You might find something called Rhodiola even more useful - plus it doesn't have any contra-indications the way St John's wort has. Valerian tea can also be really helpful as can Bach's Recovery Remedy - handy to have in your bag for the moments when you feel a panic attack coming on.

Another thing - on the smelly front - is a drop each of sweet basil and geranium oil, on a tissue, down your top. Very soothing and just plain nice to sniff.
I haven't tried those - they sound interesting though!

Chamomile tea is awesome too, I drink oodles of it when I'm stressed.

~ Wei Hui
Deviant Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:08 AM   #152
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
*giggles*
Where do you find your pics, E_E?

Wait... do I want to know?

~ Wei Hui
Old 03-31-2006, 10:57 AM   #153
Sanctus Dei

I drink WAY too much pop.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:35 PM   #154
TwistedKitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
I drink WAY too much pop.
Me too, I'll be really good about it and almost stop entirely for several months and then, poof, next thing I know I'm drinking way too much of it again

pssst, Morrigan, tokidoki shashin wa ii...
TwistedKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:51 PM   #155
Sanctus Dei

I need an alternative to water that works the same but has taste... this pop thing is gettng ridiculous.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

Old 03-31-2006, 03:02 PM   #156
Sanctus Dei

Oh man.. Pizza and Pop, heavenly combo.

How about Koolaide, sugarfree like... As beneficial as water?? Yes no??
(I need a nutritionist for this one)

Old 03-31-2006, 03:06 PM   #157
Sanctus Dei

Yes!! I'm actually serious about this.. I love Kool-aid but I need to know if it's just as beneficial as water or I'll have to find another alternative..

Old 03-31-2006, 03:18 PM   #158
spookypurple

You can't beat water. I hate the stuff, but I'm learning to tolerate it. You're supposed to drink about 2 litres a day - straight! Pop, juice, - fine, as long as you've had the 2 litres too. I've had to try really hard to drink it. Yeeeegh. But it's weird the difference it makes. My asthma's really starting to sort itself out as a result. I couldn't believe it!

But there is that whole running-to-the-loo-every-five-minutes thing. Ha, I once had to explain about drinking lots to my class of eight-year olds. I showed 'em a glass of apple juice and said "Does your wee look like this?" A lot put their hands up. "If your wee looks like this, you're not drinking enough."
Then I poured in some water, and said it again. I kept adding water. Less and less hands went up. Then I got to the final dilution, where it was so weak, you could hardly see the apple juice. "If it looks like this," I said, "Then it's fine." And I drank it. Oh boy, they freaked. But after that they all brought a water bottle and kept drinking throughout the day.

Anyway, back to the point. How about flavouring the water with a squeeze of lemon? Not much help, I know, but it might get you started...

Hamlet
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:27 PM   #159
spookypurple

Yep, that's what they said.

Without the HAHA bit, though, initially :O. Tee hee.

But I bow before the mistress...

Hamlet
Old 03-31-2006, 08:07 PM   #160
chloegoth

Quote:
You might find something called Rhodiola even more useful - plus it doesn't have any contra-indications the way St John's wort has. Valerian tea can also be really helpful as can Bach's Recovery Remedy - handy to have in your bag for the moments when you feel a panic attack coming on.

Another thing - on the smelly front - is a drop each of sweet basil and geranium oil, on a tissue, down your top. Very soothing and just plain nice to sniff.
You mean, I can still eat cheese and drink wine? Excellent! I'll have to give it a try. Valerian has also been extremely useful (though I'm out of the tea right now), too. I will have to stock up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixxFilth
Sometimes, Chloe, you can just do a simple meditation by closing your eyes, picturing a peaceful scene, and taking several deep breaths.
I'll try it... thanks! (Hooray for breathing exercises!)

And to keep on topic... I apparently have a bad habit of getting off topic very easily... Hmmm... Ah, well.
chloegoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 02:20 PM   #161
spookypurple

Have you tried breathing only through your nose? A bit difficult when you're bunged up - but apparently it can work wonders.

Hamlet
Old 04-03-2006, 08:31 AM   #162
gkb

If I’m brutally honest with myself:

- Overconfidence
- Lack of patience with other people
- Wanting to do everything “my way”
- Not listening to others
- Drinking too much
- Watching DVD’s and playing games on my computer until the small hours
gkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:37 AM   #163
DarkIce

Quote:
Ha, I once had to explain about drinking lots to my class of eight-year olds. I showed 'em a glass of apple juice and said "Does your wee look like this?" A lot put their hands up. "If your wee looks like this, you're not drinking enough."
Then I poured in some water, and said it again. I kept adding water. Less and less hands went up. Then I got to the final dilution, where it was so weak, you could hardly see the apple juice. "If it looks like this," I said, "Then it's fine." And I drank it. Oh boy, they freaked. But after that they all brought a water bottle and kept drinking throughout the day.
That´s been gross...
Old 04-03-2006, 02:23 PM   #164
OnixxFilth

Maybe you could try flavored water, Sanctus. Some of it tastes just as good as Kool-Aid, but it's healthier for you. Back to the worst traits: Another one of mine is that I think too much. I second-guess myself WAY too often when I should go with my gut instinct, and other times I've thought myself into a depression while pondering some deep, philosophical question.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:50 PM   #165
spookypurple

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkIce
That´s been gross...

Only if you think about it too much....

Hamlet
Old 04-03-2006, 07:35 PM   #166
Sobeh

<--- Worst Trait = periodic incurable-except-over-time intellectual malaise with secondary consequences including, but not limited to: emotional detachment, procrastination, anxiety.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:05 PM   #167
cannibalnuns

I'll answer this later, I have to do some thinking on this one as I have more than one. This could take a while........
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:56 PM   #168
Magpie_Tendencies

My worst traits?
Incredibly insecure, unmotivated, content to be mediocre, spend way too much time on the computer and I judge people harshly (I'm willing to change my judgements later, but still...).

*edit (cos I forgot some)*
I get distracted really easily, I'm always fiddling with something and I have a habit of picking up and collecting shiny things I see lying around (hence my screen name)

Last edited by Magpie_Tendencies; 04-04-2006 at 12:00 AM. Reason: wanted to add more.
Magpie_Tendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:48 AM   #169
Sanctus Dei

Thanx Xng and Onixx!! Koolaide here I come!!

I dwell on things too long..and I procrastinate like nobodies business.

Old 04-04-2006, 08:23 AM   #170
WolfMoon

I have the same emotional detachment problem as Sobeh, sometimes.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:53 AM   #171
OnixxFilth

I also have a problem with beating myself over the head with past mistakes. People tell me to forget about them, they're over, nothing you can do now, but somehow doing the beating thing makes me feel oddly productive. I don't know why/how, but it does.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:54 PM   #172
Ariasola

My Worst Trait ...hmm...wondering off toward the sunset when i know i should be heading home. Hey , Once a traveler always a traveler.
~A
Ariasola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:11 AM   #173
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariasola
My Worst Trait ...hmm...wondering off toward the sunset when i know i should be heading home. Hey , Once a traveler always a traveler.
~A
*wistful sigh* I've always longed for a romantic, gypsy lifestyle; waking up somewhere different each day and meeting new people all the time. I don't think I'd want to live like that forever, but I'd love to try it for maybe a year or two.

I suppose another not-so-great trait of mine is drifting into my own quixotic little daydream world whenever I feel like it (which is most of the time!) I want to live in a spooky fairytale

~ Wei Hui
Old 04-05-2006, 08:15 AM   #174
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
I have the same emotional detachment problem as Sobeh, sometimes.
Hmm, me too. I could relate to everything he wrote, though I probably wouldn't have written it as eloquently! I get so used to people staring at me like I'm a lunatic if I use words of more than three syllables that I tend to translate my thoughts automatically into "everyday" language. I love that I don't have to do that here!!

~ Wei Hui
Old 04-05-2006, 08:30 AM   #175
Deviant Kitten

*post whore alert - three in a row!!* :o

Ok, just for a change of pace - What is/are your best trait(s)?

~ Wei Hui