Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-17-2005, 10:00 PM   #1
Raven SilverWolf

Narrowminded, ignorant people...

I've recently encountered this letter in the music section labled "goths get a job" since this is the whining section i thought ide complain here.people like this should stop lying thier asses off to get attention on the internet and go back to playing thier video games. This person not only deliberatly comes to our own site to insult us, but whats even worse is that he cant spell even though he's in "law school". so what do you think about this?(by the way other members google searched his name and its the name of a man who skied in the olimpics...in otherwords, fake)

"I’ve seen stupid people that dress in black etc, or want to be vampires. This all started when shows like buffy came out!! Vampires, get real. As for worshiping evil, your absolute fools. I tell you something, I know it will be hard for you to listen, but that’s life I guise!! People who go down this path, “the dark side” as idiots call it, usually come from disadvantaged parts of society, that’s not necessarily your fault, but it is nevertheless the way it is. In society, the dominant overcomes the weak, now you are the weaker humans in our society, that is, you are the trash of society. People like me (the powerful) sometimes humiliate individuals, its commonly random; this is more or less to build our confidence. What I’m trying to say is that we sometimes use people for practice target, its completely natural, its been happening for centuries. The people that we pick on are either fat, geeky or stupid. Now, have you noticed that “Goths” are ugly, fat etc? I’m unable to see what you look like, but I’m asking you to be truthful, for your own sake!! They’re the rejects of society. So where do you think you will be soon? Your probably young, but I just want to say, have you ever seen old Gothic’s, how embarrassing. I my self am 23 years old, I’m currently in my 3rd year of law, I have great sex with young sexy woman, trust me there nice!! My point here is that I will be making good money in a few years, good job, I’m good looking, I have great sex, I will have good reputation etc. you will be jobless, or in the gutter. Another thing I notice, Goths are very polite, they smile a lot, they can’t break the trend of submitting to individuals. Deny it, but it’s the truth. So, you like to dress up in makeup, dress in black, have you noticed people gawk at you. Does it make you feel good? Do you feel that you want to smile a little bit? I bet it does!! How pathetic, how embarrassing that it makes you feel like you’re a “some body”, look at me I’m evil, grow up. We look at you because you’re a “no one”, because you look stupid. Also, I bet you protest against war etc, how dim-witted.

This message is just for me to again lift some confidence, its in my spare time, and it should be the last time as well, its more enjoyable to pick on individuals in person. Will see you in a take- out shop flipping burgers!!

Thanks,

John "
Raven SilverWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:13 AM   #2
Tall One In Black

People such as this guy are looking for attention. Best to just ignore them. Any reply is just giving them what they want.

The world is full of bullies. Fortunately, internet bullies are nothing more than words on a screen and can be easily ignored.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:28 AM   #3
Nemesis

i just think hes a knobhead
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 04:13 PM   #4
CommDante

Talking

I think he has issues himself, just take a look at these parts of his little "story":
Quote:
People who go down this path, “the dark side” as idiots call it.
He doesn't give another word to describe "this path" he's talking about.
In other words, he calls himself an idiot, which I totally agree on offcourse.

Quote:
The people that we pick on are either fat, geeky or stupid. Now, have you noticed that “Goths” are ugly, fat etc? I’m unable to see what you look like, but I’m asking you to be truthful, for your own sake!! They’re the rejects of society.
LOL, now he's either contradicting himself or insults alot of readers. I doubt even a first-years lawstudent would make this mistake.

Quote:
People like me (the powerful) sometimes humiliate individuals, its commonly random; this is more or less to build our confidence.
Makes you wonder about why he thinks he's so "powerfull". He has to humiliate individuals to make himself feel better. Personally, I regard that as weak.

Quote:
Also, I bet you protest against war etc, how dim-witted.
I guess he would rather live in a world filled with war. O.o

Besides the fact his english is screwed up in about every sentenced he typed, he doesn't put down a very convicing persona in his writing style in general.
If he would really be a 3rd years lawstudent he should at least know how to make an essay:
-He doesn't make use of paragraphs
-The use of comma's makes his sentences confusing and badly layed out.
-The only sources he uses, seem to be based on ocasionally seeing people that are looking like what he thinks is the "goth-look".
-He isn't being objective ANYWHERE.
-He doesn't succeed in convincing the reader of his point-of-view due to the lack of credibility.

He only managed to generalise and project his narrowminded view on another life-style of which he has no knowledge of whatsoever.
All in all the only thing he manages to point out is that he's some idiot with no knowledge about gothics whatsoever and he has to put people down to feel himself better.

My conclusion: he was kicked out of some gothic looking club or got beaten by some people with gothic-looks, and this is his feebleminded attempt to gain some self-esteem back.

Oh well, at least we're having a laugh again. ^_^
CommDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 01:29 PM   #5
soggypicklemuncher

Heh, I'm kind of embarrassed for knowing this but the teen witch author's name is Silver Ravenwolf, not Raven Silverwolf. Though I imagine the username was probably inspired by it.

You only see what you want to believe
When you creep from the back
I got tricks up my sleeve
24/7 the devil's best friend
It makes no difference
It's all the same in the end

-"Same in the End" by Sublime
soggypicklemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:57 AM   #6
Raven SilverWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Is this the Raven Silverwolf that wrote the little books on how to be a teen witch? Or is this just some other schmuck that thinks that being Raven Silverwolf means that you're gothic? Oh, wait, that Raven's a girl. So you must be the schmuck.
....actually my name is part of my religion and when i made it i had no idea silver ravenwolf existed.it has nothing to to with sounding goth.im sorry for the inconvenience sir.by the way, im a girl.
Raven SilverWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 07:39 AM   #7
tony

Do you have to be Goth to like Goth,. i love it but rarely dress in the style. What i like most about is is the people. Most often they are kind, I ask this question, If i am goth is it wrong to not be that way "all the time" I have a family to support and if i showed up at work with fangs i would quickly be sent home. I know that its not supposed to be that way BUT IT IS and i can do little to change it. Making a stand and getting fired would only hurt my family. So is it wrong to bend a little to conformity to put food on the table?
tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:15 AM   #8
The Minister Saint-Fond

If you want Wicca, go to Gardner. Don't waste your time on "Candlemagick for Dummies".

That's of course, if you want Wicca.

And for all the Silver Ravenwolf fans out there, here is a fun and informative website. ^_^ Don't say I don't love ya!
Old 10-25-2005, 11:41 AM   #9
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony
Do you have to be Goth to like Goth,. i love it but rarely dress in the style. What i like most about is is the people. Most often they are kind, I ask this question, If i am goth is it wrong to not be that way "all the time" I have a family to support and if i showed up at work with fangs i would quickly be sent home. I know that its not supposed to be that way BUT IT IS and i can do little to change it. Making a stand and getting fired would only hurt my family. So is it wrong to bend a little to conformity to put food on the table?

Yes, it's wrong... all wrong. You MUST be goth 24/7 - including sleeping with your fangs in, drinking only absinthe or blood, and legally changing your name to something spooky like Lord Dracul BlackBat. And you must make a stand and insist on wearing your fangs to work - you'll just have to let your family starve.

(Seriously, those were dumb questions. You knew the answers before you asked them.)

I advise you to read the board for a while before you dive in, especially with posts that don't relate to the topic of the thread. We're nice here, but we get really sick of repeating ourselves.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:10 PM   #10
Blackhearted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven SilverWolf
I my self am 23 years old, I’m currently in my 3rd year of law, I have great sex with young sexy woman, trust me there nice!! My point here is that I will be making good money in a few years, good job, I’m good looking, I have great sex, I will have good reputation etc. you will be jobless, or in the gutter.
I love that stereotype. Too bad I know many goths who are/ will soon be in university/college and have completely fulfilling sex lives. And the young sexy women he claims to have sex with are probably the few of even the balding old men on chatrooms who will cyber with him.
Blackhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 01:25 AM   #11
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
Sounds like an idiot. Ignore him, it's for the best.
Surgeon Méchant De Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:59 AM   #12
dreamforthedead

Older goths are ugly? In the gutter? Gerard Way is still beautiful and he's 28. Believe me, he's rich and definatly not in the gutter. Or perhaps Davey Havok? Hmmm. This guy is an attention-seeker, he is now on my list...
lets me live my life like this..."
'Honey, this mirror isn't big enough for the two of us'
dreamforthedead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 07:54 AM   #13
DarkWings666

i don't get people like that. i figure that they just don't understand and so feel they have to put down. he didn't even have the decency to be polite, which would have made it more effective.

and it justs sounds like an ego trip to make himself feel better. what a sad individual he must be.

and it's bollocks.
DarkWings666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:10 PM   #14
LightPollution07

In my opinion, gothic people are the MOST beautiful people. I like the way I look. Im not socially rejected. I thought all that discrimination against people that are different was supposed to stop in the '20s. God, he needs to grow up
LightPollution07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:19 PM   #15
rockandrose

Hence, the topic "Narrowminded, ignorant people..."
Old 12-05-2005, 03:24 PM   #16
LightPollution07

well, the 20s was when it was supposed to stop....I know it didnt, but it should have. I
Old 12-09-2005, 11:20 PM   #17
LightPollution07

no, not as in 20 years old. I guess I was wrong about the whole 20's thing.

But this is exactly what this guy wants. He wants to say these things and get us worked up so that he can laugh and argue and get all the attention he wants.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:35 AM   #18
aragon

In Her Defense!

Quote:
Is this the Raven Silverwolf that wrote the little books on how to be a teen witch? Or is this just some other schmuck that thinks that being Raven Silverwolf means that you're gothic? Oh, wait, that Raven's a girl. So you must be the schmuck.
I know of Silver Ravenwolf, and I thought she was cool for a while. Iread all those wiccan books, hey I was born into a pagan family. But I eventually moved on to me, and I had no need for them. But to give them credit, they did help me along the spiritual lines of evolution. I think Her name Raven Silverwolf is beautiful. My birth name is Raven, and my Last name is Brea(Scott). I was born in Scotland, so I know that Raven is actually a popular name. We really should be careful about putting other people down because of there chosen or given name. They might be on a spiritual path where this is a nessesary step to gaining personal power. And anyway, by puting her down and calling her names, you just validated everything this guy thinks of us. You gave him the power to see what he believes to be true. That has been the destruction of many hidden and current society today, they could not get along or support each other so they could not maintain to exist.

I never thought it was "Goth" to belittle another Goth.
aragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:29 AM   #19
Empty_Purple_Stars

Uhh can I merge this pile of Poo with the Gothy Goth Mega Thread??

Please oh PLEASE???
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:41 AM   #20
Empty_Purple_Stars

I dunno where the old one went.. But I started a new one in General and merged the 80 Bajillion Newbie Gothy Goth threads into it..

But yeah I can just lock it and the Admins will sweep it out with the other trash when they get a chance..
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 02:26 PM   #21
aragon

Unhappy My mistake!

Quote:
Sweetiepie, not everything I do is to be "goth". I appreciate that those books helped you, but I never found them to have much merit. I honestly don't care what that child thought of me but I felt that there was nothing wrong with letting the child know what I thought of him. Raven is a beautiful name, and I never said otherwise.

See? I can be a reasonable person when you're not a moron.
I see your point, and after I thought about it, I wished that I had kept my mouth shut. You seem very intelligent and reasonable, and I proberly am not in that company very often where I live. I was taken back by your strieght forwardness, and I do respect it. Her books dont have alot of merit now that I have grown up some. I just spent $20.00 on her latest book "A Witch's Notebook", and I couldnt even bring myself to finish it. Just another hocus pocus load of crap spells. She is way to commercial, but she did lead me to a path that I had been searching for. But anyway, I guess I took your words the wrong way, and it wasnt my place to do so. So I do appologize. I will have to get use to the forum I guess to understand language a bit better. I am use to guitar forums where everything is about notes and pentatonics. I too dont see why people have to ask "what is goth".
aragon is offline   Reply With Quote