Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 11-09-2008, 12:19 AM   #51
bleedingheart344

Simple, **** ranks too high on the funny scale.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:26 AM   #52
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir. Helpmann
IF you had read as widely as myself you would have known that I was quoting you one of Aesop's infamous fables.

Dismissed till furhter notice.

Dude, I believe that you're capable of arguing topics with no further reason but competitive or self-confident things.(It's my prediction,though)

It's quite impressive.

Suggestion

Bringing up examples of things no other can prove sound immature to me.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:34 AM   #53
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
IF you had read as widely as myself you would have known that I was quoting you one of Aesop's infamous fables.

But being the utter philistine that you are, incapable of irony, you would have probably taken it upon yourself to inform me and everyone else on the forum the fact that I had just "plagarised" a classic and declare boldly to all "he just ripped that from aesop's fables".

But you couldn't. Even if you could declare that I had ripped that from a piece of classical literature; if you had been given the opportunity and background to appreciate such works of literature you wouldn't have been so quick to act like a fumbling retard in search of a petty argument to fight over.

And there's irony in what I just said that you can't even touch upon.

Dismissed till furhter notice.
All you just said was "I've read something you haven't." Which probably isn't even the case, if you consider a little thing called 'memory'. Then you proceeded to accuse Jillian of hypothetically accusing you of "plagarism" (this is the second time I've seen you misspell that word. You must be a star reader). Think about how things would be if everybody used that sort of tripe in arguments:

Person A: I like pasta.
Person B: Pasta sucks.
Person A: You hypothetically hit me in the head! DISQUALIFIED!
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:31 AM   #54
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
All you just said was "I've read something you haven't." Which probably isn't even the case, if you consider a little thing called 'memory'. Then you proceeded to accuse Jillian of hypothetically accusing you of "plagarism" (this is the second time I've seen you misspell that word. You must be a star reader). Think about how things would be if everybody used that sort of tripe in arguments:

Person A: I like pasta.
Person B: Pasta sucks.
Person A: You hypothetically hit me in the head! DISQUALIFIED!
I don't think you've lived a life worthy of my attention.
Sir. Helpmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:48 AM   #55
Toy Killer

Sir Helpmann, are you a Leo by chance?
Toy Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:54 AM   #56
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Killer
Sir Helpmann, are you a Leo by chance?
Sir Helpmann is the last of the great eccentrics. The funny thing is, he doesn't know it. He thinks his behaviour is perfectly normal. He sees himself as a pillar of propriety and a paragon of protocol. Helpmann has strong views about every topic under the sun. There's not a subject he doesn't know about or a moral point he can't pontificate on. Helpmann is entitled to be a little arrogant. He knows an awful lot about an awful lot of things. He is well versed, well rehearsed, and deeply immersed in the kind of knowledge that we lesser mortals can only dream of attaining. Thankfully, he is there to shed the light and show the way. This, he does generously and patiently, as befits a person of superior intellect. Sir Helpmann is wise, intelligent and (thankfully) oblivious to irony.

Or, at least, that's how Sir Helpmann is, at his worst. He can't help it. He's an Aquarian and Aquarians are infamous for their occasional outbursts of pomposity. Happily there is another truly delightful side to him. Helpmann is as honest as the day is long, as generous as the ocean is deep. This is partly where the eccentricity comes from, for a person with such strong opinions Helpmann is surprisingly willing to please. he is keen to win friends and influence people. He loves to feel that he belongs. He always wants to be in on the action, part of the scene and one of the gang. Rather like Groucho Marx though, he is never sure that he would want to be part of any club that would have him as a member. He is always on the lookout for some new cause to support, or enterprise to sign up to. You might think that this would make him fickle but actually Helpmann is exceedingly loyal. He may be forever expanding his horizons but he never forgets his friends and he never reneges on his commitments. This is why, despite the highly idiosyncratic nature of Helpmann's personality, so many people think the world of him.
Sir. Helpmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:02 AM   #57
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Sir Helpmann is the last of the great eccentrics. The funny thing is, he doesn't know it. He thinks his behaviour is perfectly normal. He sees himself as a pillar of propriety and a paragon of protocol. Helpmann has strong views about every topic under the sun. There's not a subject he doesn't know about or a moral point he can't pontificate on. Helpmann is entitled to be a little arrogant. He knows an awful lot about an awful lot of things. He is well versed, well rehearsed, and deeply immersed in the kind of knowledge that we lesser mortals can only dream of attaining. Thankfully, he is there to shed the light and show the way. This, he does generously and patiently, as befits a person of superior intellect. Sir Helpmann is wise, intelligent and (thankfully) oblivious to irony.

Or, at least, that's how Sir Helpmann is, at his worst. He can't help it. He's an Aquarian and Aquarians are infamous for their occasional outbursts of pomposity. Happily there is another truly delightful side to him. Helpmann is as honest as the day is long, as generous as the ocean is deep. This is partly where the eccentricity comes from, for a person with such strong opinions Helpmann is surprisingly willing to please. he is keen to win friends and influence people. He loves to feel that he belongs. He always wants to be in on the action, part of the scene and one of the gang. Rather like Groucho Marx though, he is never sure that he would want to be part of any club that would have him as a member. He is always on the lookout for some new cause to support, or enterprise to sign up to. You might think that this would make him fickle but actually Helpmann is exceedingly loyal. He may be forever expanding his horizons but he never forgets his friends and he never reneges on his commitments. This is why, despite the highly idiosyncratic nature of Helpmann's personality, so many people think the world of him.
Seriously, when do you want me?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:13 AM   #58
JCC

He reminds me of Uncle Smoov, but far, FAR better.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:14 AM   #59
Underwater Ophelia

I love Smoov.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #60
gothicusmaximus

Gothicus Maximus is an energetic Aries with an irrepressible zest for life. When you need a problem solving or a decision making, Gothicus Maximus is the ideal candidate for the job. If you are ever worried about how to handle something - or you need someone you can absolutely rely on - Gothicus will be the first to stride forward boldly declaring "Don't worry we'll soon sort THIS out."
And, what's more, he will.

Gothicus Maximus is not the kind of person to issue an empty promise. What Gothicus says Gothicus does - regardless of the consequences! That's part of the trouble. Gothicus just doesn't know how to play the game of 'consequences'. He likes to live for the moment. He likes to throw himself passionately into whatever he happens to be feeling, thinking (or lusting after) right here right now. That's why Gothicus usually ends up getting whatever he wants. That's also why, regardless of what he gets, he always ends up wanting something else!

It is not that Gothicus is fickle, more that he is fast. Fast on the uptake, fast on the trigger, fast on his feet and fast with his thoughts. He may give you the impression of being calm, and measured but inside his head, there's a state of the art computer, processing information at the speed of light. His ideas are not the only things that can come and go in a hurry. Sometimes Gothicus's moods are just as mercurial. One moment he is secretly seething, the next; perfectly poised. You can usually tell though - because Gothicus rarely hides his feelings.

You can't help loving Gothicus Maximus because no matter what he does or what he says you know that he has a heart as big as a mountain.

You guys can get your own superifically impressive, self-aggrandizing tirade to post on webforums right here:

http://pisces.bubble.com/webstars/friend/friend.cfm

Copy and paste- all you need to get into Ophie's pants.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #61
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Gothicus Maximus is an energetic Aries with an irrepressible zest for life. When you need a problem solving or a decision making, Gothicus Maximus is the ideal candidate for the job. If you are ever worried about how to handle something - or you need someone you can absolutely rely on - Gothicus will be the first to stride forward boldly declaring "Don't worry we'll soon sort THIS out."
And, what's more, he will.

Gothicus Maximus is not the kind of person to issue an empty promise. What Gothicus says Gothicus does - regardless of the consequences! That's part of the trouble. Gothicus just doesn't know how to play the game of 'consequences'. He likes to live for the moment. He likes to throw himself passionately into whatever he happens to be feeling, thinking (or lusting after) right here right now. That's why Gothicus usually ends up getting whatever he wants. That's also why, regardless of what he gets, he always ends up wanting something else!

It is not that Gothicus is fickle, more that he is fast. Fast on the uptake, fast on the trigger, fast on his feet and fast with his thoughts. He may give you the impression of being calm, and measured but inside his head, there's a state of the art computer, processing information at the speed of light. His ideas are not the only things that can come and go in a hurry. Sometimes Gothicus's moods are just as mercurial. One moment he is secretly seething, the next; perfectly poised. You can usually tell though - because Gothicus rarely hides his feelings.

You can't help loving Gothicus Maximus because no matter what he does or what he says you know that he has a heart as big as a mountain.

You guys can get your own superifically impressive, self-aggrandizing tirade to post on webforums right here:

http://pisces.bubble.com/webstars/friend/friend.cfm

Copy and paste- all you need to get into Ophie's pants.
Stop! Stop!

You know me too well...
Old 11-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #62
Albert Mond

Albert Mond is deeply sensual. Her senses of touch, smell and sight are highly refined. And as for her taste? It's impeccable. Albert is extremely discriminating - when she sees the best, she won't ever settle for anything less. She would rather 'go without' than go for a poor substitute. But then that's Albert all over. It really isn't fair to call her 'stubborn as a mule.' Mules are adaptable, easy going creatures who are always eager to please - or at least, they are by comparison to Albert Mond. Unfortunately, for a person with such expensive preferences Albert is not a millionaire ...or at least, not yet. You never know, it may just happen because Alberts' relationship with money is very interesting. She treats it with a curious mixture of disdain and respect. She never lets it stand in her way, yet she will go out of her way to get it when she needs to. Albert is a smart cookie and a shrewd operator. It is not though, merely in the field of finance that Albert Mond displays intuitive wisdom.
Albert has an affinity with nature. She can make almost any plant flower and bear fruit. This is just as well because Albert has a hearty appetite. She likes her food as indeed she likes all her creature comforts. Fond though she is of all the above - and of all life's little luxuries - there is one more source of endless fascination that Albert cannot resist. Albert doesn't so much have a hearty appetite for sensual pleasure as a ravenous hunger for it! Which is funny really because you wouldn't necessarily think it to look at her. Albert likes to play it cool. Albert likes to pretend that nothing bothers her, fazes her or excites her. Like all Taureans though, Albert Mond is a powerhouse of passion, as those who are lucky enough to know her - or to love her - will breathlessly testify.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:44 AM   #63
JCC

Motherfuck, the link doesn't work with me.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:45 AM   #64
Underwater Ophelia

Wait, Albert Mond, you're a chick?

I thought you were a gay man.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #65
Desdemona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia

Same!
Hmmm....
Desdemona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:48 AM   #66
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia

Same thing, different door.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:50 AM   #67
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
Same thing, different door.
Yeah, I guess so, haha.

For some reason this makes me attracted to you now.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #68
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
He's an Aquarian and Aquarians are infamous for their occasional outbursts of pomposity.
So do you read your horoscope in the paper everyday?

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote