Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:36 AM   #26
twistedsyn

I've found a solution.

I am now using clear eyebrow retainers, instead of labret retainers. They are a little longer and easier to keep in.

Though I do have to use forceps to hold the O rings while I put them in... After losing all of my plastic O rings I bought a bunch on Ebay.

Those fuckers are a bitch to get in otherwise.

I got 10 of them for 5 bucks on Ebay.
twistedsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:39 AM   #27
twistedsyn

My current job doesnt care, Im in an office but my part time job is filled with stuffy white soccer moms so I have to wear the retainers.

Its only part time so I dont mind right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mealla View Post
Though policies vary by company, retail companies typically don't care if you have piercings so long as you have clear jewelry or clear plugs in. Many businesses do tend to have a fit if it's plainly visible unless it's somewhere like Spencer's, Hot Topic, a piercing/tattoo parlor, etc.

Warehouse and factory jobs they typically don't care about piercings so long as they won't interfere with safely operating machinery. *Some* call centers don't care, but that varies by call center. Some have a strict business casual dress code, but I've had friends work for some tech support companies where you could show up in your pajamas and they wouldn't care so long as you met your call quota for the day.

Lots of fashion-oriented places don't care either. The hairdresser that normally styles my hair is covered in piercings and tattoos, for example, and her employers obviously don't care.

In this economy, finding a job should take precedence over appearance, however. Good luck though. I'd start searching in those types of positions mentioned above. Either positions that are fashion-savvy, relating to body modification, or don't deal directly with the public.
twistedsyn is offline   Reply With Quote