Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-22-2007, 03:41 AM   #1
Lucretia_my_Reflection

tall people

Do, you think that tall ladies can pull of boots with a really high heal. I'm 6 foot and would love. A pair of boots like these but I'm scared i will look strange and over grown.
http://bootdungeon.com/catalog/monet...ia_3652135.htm
or like these ones
http://www.spookyboutique.com/boutiq...ots.html#swing
*wants to be cute and little*
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 04:39 AM   #2
Minyaliel

Sure; I'm tall and I still love my (now defunct) platform boots. People are probably going to look twice at you when you're passing by, but that's nothing new, is it? Wear whatever you like, hun.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 05:42 AM   #3
Linen

I want to be cute & little too.

I'm shorter than you at 5'8", but I still feel like a giant compared to all the cute, petite girls. I rarely wear heels mostly because I'm clumsy, and also because my husband is only 5'11" so I end up being taller than him in some heels.

I just ordered a pair of boots with a 3 inch heel, and I'm hoping those work out okay. I wouldn't wear a heel much bigger than that as I would trip and probably kill myself LOL.
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:21 AM   #4
cryptickisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucretia_my_Reflection
Do, you think that tall ladies can pull of boots with a really high heal. I'm 6 foot and would love. A pair of boots like these but I'm scared i will look strange and over grown.
http://bootdungeon.com/catalog/monet...ia_3652135.htm
or like these ones
http://www.spookyboutique.com/boutiq...ots.html#swing
*wants to be cute and little*
I think you can pull off whatever makes you feel confident and sexy. It doesn't matter how tall or short you are. The fact that you WANT to check it out and try these shoes is a good indicator that you should. Feed your curiosity. It wouldn't hurt to give it a shot and find out how it makes you feel, right? You can definately be cute and not-so-little at the same time Personally, I find tall people VERY sexy. There's so much beauty there.
cryptickisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:20 PM   #5
Gothicmaiden

Of course you can! I am 5'10" and i wear big boots and shoes. It feels really good dwarfing people...
Gothicmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:49 PM   #6
Arashi

Tall people can pull off big boots. xp
I'm 5'8, which is sorta on the tall side, and I wear huge platforms.
Oh, and it's fun to tower over people! "If you don't stop bothering me, I WILL squish you with my boots!"
Old 04-22-2007, 03:20 PM   #7
KontanKarite

The gogo dancer at The Exile is over six feet tall. Vyxsin has huge huge pink hair and wears the biggest platforms anyway. People love her. She is our amazon gothic queen of the night and no one stomps better than she does.

Big is beautiful sweetie.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 07:05 PM   #8
Heatherzilla

All you lucky tall people. *pouts* I hate being short.
Heatherzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:49 PM   #9
Lucretia_my_Reflection

I feel better now going to buy some romper stomper boots as soon as Im not short on $$$ thank you ^^ y'all so sweet
Old 04-22-2007, 09:48 PM   #10
Lucretia_my_Reflection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linen
I want to be cute & little too.

I'm shorter than you at 5'8", but I still feel like a giant compared to all the cute, petite girls. I rarely wear heels mostly because I'm clumsy, and also because my husband is only 5'11" so I end up being taller than him in some heels.

I just ordered a pair of boots with a 3 inch heel, and I'm hoping those work out okay. I wouldn't wear a heel much bigger than that as I would trip and probably kill myself LOL.

haha the highest heal I've worn was about 5 inches and i twisted my ankle trying to save myself from falling down a stair case.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:37 PM   #11
Saddiction

The taller the better. My boots make me 6'2. My boyfriend is 6'4. He wears boots on occasion that make him 6'7-6'8. I love it.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:37 PM   #12
DarkGentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi
it's fun to tower over people! "If you don't stop bothering me, I WILL squish you with my boots!"
::lightly tapping Arashi's shoulder:: Excuse me mademoiselle, sorry to bother you, but did you say you were gonna squish me with your boots?

LMAO

I am actually 6'7 tall (with no boots or shoes). It is fun towering over people, but it's hard to find a tall woman to date.

Besides, I thought women love tall men, is that true?
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:57 AM   #13
Lucretia_my_Reflection

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGentleman
::lightly tapping Arashi's shoulder:: Excuse me mademoiselle, sorry to bother you, but did you say you were gonna squish me with your boots?

LMAO

I am actually 6'7 tall (with no boots or shoes). It is fun towering over people, but it's hard to find a tall woman to date.

i don't think she will be able to reach lol
Old 04-23-2007, 02:03 AM   #14
Your Darkest Secret

I'm 5'8'' and I wear platforms. Lucky you, being so tall! Loads of guys like the Amazonian look (so I hear).
Buy the boots. You know you want to.
Your Darkest Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:20 AM   #15
Saddiction

Quote:
Speaking for myself, I don't feel comfortable if a guy is shorter than me. 6'2 and up is my preference.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:00 AM   #16
cryptickisses

Quote:
Personally, I prefer men that are taller than I am. I think it psychologically makes me feel safer and protected. And besides, it's just plain sexy and attractive. From a sexual standpoint, I like having a man who compliments my body and frame. I feel somewhat awkward sleeping with a man who is shorter than I am. I'm 5'9" (with heels/plats, I easily reach 6+ ft) and I have long legs. It can cramp the maneuvarability. Anyway...

I can't speak for all women, but yes, I love tall men!
cryptickisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:52 AM   #17
killer_asian_Dax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherzilla
All you lucky tall people. *pouts* I hate being short.

Don't ever say that! You obviously have no idead how amazingly awesome and fun being short is!

I'm 5'3" and while growing up, I always hated it, now that I'm grown, I appreciate my small stature. Trust me dear- taller people, while it may seem nice, actually have it harder in a lot of ways. There are also TONS of guys who love miniscule women.

Love your shortness.

Personally, I love tall people.

I've always just liked feeling of being towered over. Which isn't hard to do. And when hugging tall people, it gives me that cozy safe and secure feeling like when I was a girl.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:20 PM   #18
Linen

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_asian_Dax
Don't ever say that! You obviously have no idead how amazingly awesome and fun being short is!

I'm 5'3" and while growing up, I always hated it, now that I'm grown, I appreciate my small stature. Trust me dear- taller people, while it may seem nice, actually have it harder in a lot of ways. There are also TONS of guys who love miniscule women.

Love your shortness.

Personally, I love tall people.

I've always just liked feeling of being towered over. Which isn't hard to do. And when hugging tall people, it gives me that cozy safe and secure feeling like when I was a girl.
I agree. I'm 5'8", and I wish I was shorter. I always wanted to be that girl that the guys can pick up & put on their shoulders, but I've been tall all my life. I just want to for once be described as "she's so TINY!" lol.
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:17 PM   #19
Encaitare

I am 5'9" and love to wear tall boots... mostly because I'm a power-trippin' bitch. =P I just like the feeling of being taller than most other people, not to mention that such boots are just gorgeous?

Does anyone else feel like a lot of guys like smaller girls? Gentlemen, is this true? It seems to me that they like a petite girl so they can feel like the big strong man protecting her.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:23 PM   #20
killer_asian_Dax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linen
I agree. I'm 5'8", and I wish I was shorter. I always wanted to be that girl that the guys can pick up & put on their shoulders, but I've been tall all my life. I just want to for once be described as "she's so TINY!" lol.
I spent the better half of my junior and senior year in high school being thrown over one of my friend's shoulders. Being tiny's a grand kick! But it also has it's down sides. Luckily for me, in the state of California, so long as I can put both feet on the ground (flat, balls of the feet or tippy toes), then I can have my motorcycle rider's license. Also, I always have to hem the bottoms of my pants.

But when I don a pair of 6"-9"platforms, I'm on top of the world!!!!! I still slightly envy your height though. I would make things a bit easier.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:36 PM   #21
BlackDahlia

I'm 5 foot nothing and wear size 18s...I feel more akin to toads than 'cute'. ;p
BlackDahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:37 PM   #22
DarkGentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encaitare
Does anyone else feel like a lot of guys like smaller girls? Gentlemen, is this true? It seems to me that they like a petite girl so they can feel like the big strong man protecting her.
On the contrary, I prefer a woman who accepts herself the way she is.

Being the "big strong man" means nothing to me, I have nothing to prove and I know women are turned off by the "macho" acts. No, I rather show love and respect to a woman as well as being myself.

Anorexics are a major turn-off for me because (forgive me for saying this) I smell the "puke" in their breath (on their clothes sometimes) and I get asked "Does my ass look fat to you?". They become more obsessed about their figure that they don't realize the damage they are causing to themselves and not just physically, but emotionally as well. Mind you, I have dated about 2 women that were like that and it wasn't pleasant either.

I can imagine most men fantasize of having a petite girl, but not me.

Well, at least I know that most women prefer a tall man, hmmmm, makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside now. mmmmmmmm
Old 04-23-2007, 09:39 PM   #23
Saddiction

You should go to Chimera this Thursday, Dark.

I've never known any anorexic girls. I hear it's a terrible disorder.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:00 PM   #24
DarkGentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddiction
You should go to Chimera this Thursday, Dark.
Thanks for the invite, I will try to go.

However, my Thursday work schedule has been flip-flopped a few times so I have no idea what will happen that night.
Please forgive me I don't show up and I will try to book off work for the next one for sure, deal?
Old 04-24-2007, 06:02 AM   #25
Saddiction

Quote:
Thanks for the invite, I will try to go.

However, my Thursday work schedule has been flip-flopped a few times so I have no idea what will happen that night.
Please forgive me I don't show up and I will try to book off work for the next one for sure, deal?
Sounds good to me