Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-02-2007, 04:23 PM   #1
Miss Cogs

Hello, dears. ( revised )

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I'm always on the internet. Whether it be surfing for pointless, random facts or looking at the next thing to put in my closet. I am also, always listening to music. When I am not, I am either at school or at work. I also draw a lot. I make these little people that I call, to my humore, Boo Dolls.

2. Where are you from?
Puyallup. That's my birthplace, here in Washington.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Edgar Allen Poe. Though I mostly read comics. I like Jhonen Vasquez and Roman Dirge and those wonderful ladies who did Gloom Cookie.

4. What are your favorite films?
Well, actually I don't have a favourite film. Right now I'm currently watching Matrix 1 and 2 alot. But other then that I don't have a favourite movie.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
I haven't really though about that..... I guess maybe the Ice Dance by Danny Elfman.

6. At your funeral?
Oh, I don't want music I want the sounds of two cats fighting the whole time.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
The Iron Maiden would be pretty neat.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
A old, wooden one that is about to fall apart and has rags of ripped velvet inside of it.
9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Right now, It be a blue blouse with a black corset over it. A knee-lenght poofy skirt. Stockings and strappy boots.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Absolutely nothing, except for no responsibility.

11. What's your favorite band?
Right now I am listening to The Cruxshadows and Emilie Autumn alot.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I am currently in the process of getting my High School education. Then after that I plan to get a degree in Fashion Design or Costume Design. Either one would work for me.

13. Why did you join?
I joined to meet new people and discuss in similar interests on here. I find it kind of hard to do in real life then it is to do on the internet.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Female.
Miss Cogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
Lapin

It really wasn't necessary for you to answer the questions, despite what the Rule-Nazis that frequent the boards like to say. You wrote a very nice introduction without them.

In any case, welcome to G-net.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:54 PM   #3
Aaroneet

Welcome once again .
Old 09-02-2007, 09:10 PM   #4
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Welcome yay someone from TACOMA!!! The city I was born in and long to someday return to.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:21 PM   #5
Clockwork

Answer the questions! Don't answer the questions! Renatus, I didn't know you hailed from Tacoma <_<

Welcome to Gnet, Miss Cogs.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:29 PM   #6
Renatus

Yep, never have liked Wisconsin but due to the fact that I am the only one in my entire family born on the west coast, and given my age at the time my parents moved back to Wisconsin I didn't have much say in the matter. To make things worse the Tacoma schools are beautiful, and Washington has the highest average IQ in the country. To make things even worse Washington is beautiful and so is the weather. While over here we are 50 percent trees 50 percent fields and no real significant eye catching natural scenery.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 09-02-2007, 09:35 PM   #7
Renatus

There was also a law back years ago that was untill the early 90s no new schools were allowed to be built so almost all the schools in Wisconsin are at least 55 years old.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:39 PM   #8
Miss Cogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
Yep, never have liked Wisconsin but due to the fact that I am the only one in my entire family born on the west coast, and given my age at the time my parents moved back to Wisconsin I didn't have much say in the matter. To make things worse the Tacoma schools are beautiful, and Washington has the highest average IQ in the country. To make things even worse Washington is beautiful and so is the weather. While over here we are 50 percent trees 50 percent fields and no real significant eye catching natural scenery.
Eh, Stadium isn't all that great. Sure it looks like a castle, but it just loses it's charm with that gym building they have across the school now. It just saddens me to see that. They styles of both buildings just clash with each other. Heh. Now, I wouldn't say we have the highest IQ's. Maybe some of us do. There are a lot of stupid people here. The weather is nice when it's not boil -your- eyes -out- sunny.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:48 PM   #9
Renatus

At least you don't have plain boil you to death constant humidity. No Washington gets the cool water currents comming down from the north pole. Here look at the schools here and tell me they are better looking than the ones they have in Tacoma http://www.waukesha.k12.wi.us/Home/Default.asp , and you don't even want to see Milwaukee's schools.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:05 PM   #10
Clockwork

I don't doubt that western Washington is an amiable place when compared to other parts of the country, yet still, it is a shame that it's about as good as it gets. Some things, such as stupidity and disrespect, are inescapable...
Old 09-02-2007, 10:12 PM   #11
MollyMac

There was no need for this second intro, the first was sufficient. Ignore the Intro-obsessed rule hounds, you'll be happier. Welcome!
Old 09-02-2007, 10:19 PM   #12
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork
Some things, such as stupidity and disrespect, are inescapable...
Might I ask for some examples of some specific incidents out of pure curiosity?

Old 09-02-2007, 10:48 PM   #13
Clockwork

Why, here you needn't toss a beaver without certainty of hitting someone who only calculates valuable time as is according to their remaining cell phone minutes, or contrarily running just as likely a risk as striking someone who prefers to keep him or herself so utterly sheltered from intelligent life and all that entails, that their one and only concern is living off of alcohol or meth, and mistreating the offspring they so unfortunately spawn by means of abuse, physical or sexual, never mind that that'll only continue the destructive chain of downbreeding.

But hey, we have nice trees.

Just as I said, some human traits are inescapable. They exist, but it's in the choice of the beholder to emphasize what he will.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:48 AM   #14
Metabolik

Welcome, your going to be my new best friend xD
Old 09-03-2007, 12:15 PM   #15
Breathless Horror

Welcome, I must say I like you. Jhonen Vasquez is my hero. My sister in law has a degree in Theatrical design. 'Twas a very interesting course I hear.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:21 PM   #16
Miss Cogs

Thank you everyone for the wonderful welcomings. ^^
Old 09-03-2007, 09:51 PM   #17
biohazard

Welcome to the boards!
Old 09-04-2007, 06:09 AM   #18
delicti

Well, I'll have to being a little bit confused when you said you had been in the scene for 5 years, but everything else about your intro seems like we'll get along great. Welcome.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:05 AM   #19
Metabolik

I'm not hearing a no to the new best friend thing ;D
Old 09-04-2007, 09:43 AM   #20
Draconysius

It's spelled Edgar AllAn Poe. Remember that and you'll get 10 extra goth points every time you correct someone.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:45 AM   #21
delicti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
It's spelled Edgar AllAn Poe. Remember that and you'll get 10 extra goth points every time you correct someone.
No, it's 100. *runs away with a stack of goth points*
Old 09-04-2007, 09:51 AM   #22
Draconysius

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicti
No, it's 100. *runs away with a stack of goth points*
Dammit! I'll have to light my black candles and read Dracula while smoking cloves to make up for lost points.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:23 AM   #23
delicti

Do it while crying in the dark, and you'll score double points!
Old 09-04-2007, 11:24 AM   #24
Miss Cogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicti
Well, I'll have to being a little bit confused when you said you had been in the scene for 5 years, but everything else about your intro seems like we'll get along great. Welcome.
Mhm, I have been into Goth since 7th grade, even though I was a wee little babybat. i'm going into the 11th grade now. So, that would make it 5 years, if my counting isn't off. I must say now, my fashion sense among with many more things has matured quite a lot.

I do look forward with talking with you more. I can't tell if that's you or Robert Smith. >< But I do like the picture none the less.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:26 AM   #25
Miss Cogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
I did notice that I spelt Poe's name wrong. I was in a hurry because I had done the survey once and had his name spelt right, mind you. But I had lost all my info and had to do it again. It's a common mistake but thank you for correcting me.

You have been awarded 10 or 100 goth points now.