Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:58 AM   #51
edible_eye

oh, here's that vile high_pristess example of how NOT to speak... (shudder)

it's rather amazing - someone who claims to be turkish is able to learn the child's form of internet speak over and above regular, ol' everyday english. where once we had foreigners watching tv to learn our little language, we now have the internet. and sadly, lazy posts like yours are the result of that type of learning.

are you turkish, living in turkey - or - are you turkish, living in america?

i enjoy a good manson tune every now and then, especially in the car where my subwoofers are able to express each and every sub-woofery beat. but his shock value has essentially faded away, as it does to all who rely on shock value as a primary means of expressing their artistry.

he's rich now. it doesn't matter to him anymore, at least not like it did when he was nothing.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:55 PM   #52
punkirony

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiGH_PRiSTESS
oh..
yea my english is not good!
cuz i am turkish!
why dont u try to speak turkish huh?
than i can see ur mistakez
and i luv z sound!
it's not ur problem!
idiot

BAM! Hehe! That's an awesome excuse my dear PRiSTESS. HA!
Old 09-27-2005, 06:51 PM   #53
cyberJade

Quote:
Come on now. A little bit of eyeliner is all a guy really needs.
Are you sure? I wear a lot of make up, especially when I let out my inner drag queen... *laughs*
cyberJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:45 PM   #54
Demonista_Ravenesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiGH_PRiSTESS
oh..
yea my english is not good!
cuz i am turkish!
why dont u try to speak turkish huh?
than i can see ur mistakez
and i luv z sound!
it's not ur problem!
idiot
Well Darling, English ain't my first language either...But at least I put effort in. And as for speaking Turkish, I don't intend to speak it ^_^

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:02 AM   #55
OnixxFilth

I think we should cut Priestess a break, being she's not a native English speaker. Also, I don't believe that she ever claimed that Manson was goth (correct me if I'm wrong). Did you know that the "Long Hard Road Out of Hell" video can no longer be found on Launch? Hmm, could be because Marilyn's mostly nekkid in parts of it! I love to watch the video on DVD over and over, while I pleasure myself.
OnixxFilth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 02:47 PM   #56
thesatanistyouhateWWSD

Red face

i love marilyn manson he my favorite artist i love the fact he doesnt care what people think i also like rammstein to but this thread isnt about them yesterday in class i got into a fight with someone about him and the kid was saying how MM was weird and distcusting and i freak so i have to say i get a lot of SH*T about mm everyday for loving him soo much...!
thesatanistyouhateWWSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 02:53 PM   #57
Disfunction

Everytime I think of him, I get a strange feeling in my pants. Usually it's urinary build up... but sometimes... sometimes I like to think it's a good ol' reliable bowel movement come to save the day.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:57 AM   #58
OnixxFilth

Yeah, I get some flack from the goth community for liking Manson, because they say he's too commercial or some shit. My mom thinks he's just plain sick, but I don't care. In fact, the more she protests,the more I like him!
Old 10-06-2005, 08:14 AM   #59
Akuma2636

Well, personally, I love his music, His style of singing is really brilliant, I have deep love for the sound of his voice. His lyrics are a bit touch and go, some of them I really like others, I've seemed to notice, make no sense what-so-ever... maybe that's only to me though.

And I think he is a very intelligent man, he is not stupid, he knows what's going on and he knows how to deal with it.

His dress sense I don't really care for, somethings look good, others aren't so good.

I don't care much for the way he looks either, although that doesn't really matter since I like him for his music and not for how he looks.

So all in all I love his music, and I admire him for the person he is. ^_^
Akuma2636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:40 AM   #60
OnixxFilth

I, too, love his voice- it's smooth, with just a bit of a rasp- very sexy. I love his songs because they express a lot of the way I feel but am not audacious enough to admit to myself.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:12 PM   #61
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixxFilth
Yeah, I get some flack from the goth community for liking Manson, because they say he's too commercial or some shit. My mom thinks he's just plain sick, but I don't care. In fact, the more she protests,the more I like him!
My mom likes his music.
My mom likes Alice Cooper.
My mom likes Rammstein.
My mom likes Opeth.

My mom looks about as normal as anyone else. Acts as normal as anyone else, but I swear to you, none cooler than she exist.

And Al, if you're reading this... here's the kicker...

...are you reading?

...are ya?

...Okay...

...Here goes...

She's French.

I bet you saw that one coming a mile away.

Old 10-06-2005, 03:35 PM   #62
OnixxFilth

Wow, Disfunction, you have one cool mom! Mine used to listen to Alice Cooper when she was my age- I guess she "mellowed out" when she got older. Now all she listens to is country.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:41 PM   #63
Shemjazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesatanistyouhateWWSD
i love marilyn manson he my favorite artist i love the fact he doesnt care what people think i also like rammstein to but this thread isnt about them yesterday in class i got into a fight with someone about him and the kid was saying how MM was weird and distcusting and i freak so i have to say i get a lot of SH*T about mm everyday for loving him soo much...!
I apopogise - this it is not my place to say this, but what is the deal with people who do/can not use punctuation? is there a pandemic phobia of strangers breaking into peoples houses and dusting nerve toxin on the comma key, or maybe it might be a problem with the education system, or maybe people just realy fucking ignorant.

Sorry. pent up anger after spending large portions of today battling the diabolical public transport systems.

Last edited by Shemjazza; 10-08-2005 at 11:46 PM. Reason: eep! Grammar!
Shemjazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 12:26 AM   #64
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesatanistyouhateWWSD
Marilyn Manson is weird. He's based a career off of it. He's also done a great many disgusting things, or at least things that are perceived as social faux pas's.

I'd laugh at you for bringing up that you like Rammstein, not because I don't like them but because you felt it was relevant to mention another band at random. Trollyollie

Old 10-09-2005, 01:50 AM   #65
Satan's Spawn

I used to love Marilyn Manson, his music is very catchy. But then I found a whole lot of other, better artists. I don't listen to that much MM music anymore, even though I've got nearly all his albums. I'd much rather listen to some good Rammstein or Cannibal Corpse.

Do people in America listen to Rammstein? wow... but do you understand it ?
Satan's Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 01:55 AM   #66
Satan's Spawn

by the way, Marilyn Manson IS weird and disgusting, he's probably proud to be so, so instead of freaking, why not just laugh at the kid, agree, and let him be the idiot?
Satan's Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 09:43 AM   #67
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan's Spawn
by the way, Marilyn Manson IS weird and disgusting, he's probably proud to be so, so instead of freaking, why not just laugh at the kid, agree, and let him be the idiot?
As he's based his career/image off of it... Yes... Yes he is proud of it.

...but aren't you strikingly uppity for a n00b.

Where did I fly off the handle? I must have gone unconscious during this show of rage. I don't remember a thing, but when I came too, I seemed to have gnawed off my arm, so I'll just take your word for it.

Old 10-09-2005, 12:16 PM   #68
Black Gestalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan's Spawn
I used to love Marilyn Manson, his music is very catchy. But then I found a whole lot of other, better artists. I don't listen to that much MM music anymore, even though I've got nearly all his albums. I'd much rather listen to some good Rammstein or Cannibal Corpse.

Do people in America listen to Rammstein? wow... but do you understand it ?
Du hast basically got everyone liking them here (weird, since thats not a great song). There are a million translation sites for rammstein.

Most of the music I listen to is in other launguages, you just need to find people who speak it to translate for you.

I don't understand why people still think manson is contraversial or whatnot. His music is kinda tame, or lame, or a combination.

He has had some interesting things to say now and then though, I'll give you that. And I find his art pretty nifty.
Black Gestalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 12:43 PM   #69
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Gestalt

I don't understand why people still think manson is controversial or whatnot.

His music is kinda tame, or lame, or a combination.
HA!!

Nicely put..

I agree it is a combination of the two..

Tame and Uber Lame..

That has a nice ring to it..

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 03:31 PM   #70
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Gestalt
Du hast basically got everyone liking them here (weird, since thats not a great song). There are a million translation sites for rammstein.

Most of the music I listen to is in other launguages, you just need to find people who speak it to translate for you.

I don't understand why people still think manson is contraversial or whatnot. His music is kinda tame, or lame, or a combination.

He has had some interesting things to say now and then though, I'll give you that. And I find his art pretty nifty.
The controversy isn't meant to be understood by people with open minds. For all intents and purposes, there is no real controversy other than a few questionable things, and the image that he likes to put up, varying between Nazi and Antichristian. It's the reaction he gets that makes him relevant. For instance, the media manufactured perception that made me think him the devil when I was ten years old. Now? He's pretty much irrelevant.

Old 10-09-2005, 06:59 PM   #71
ExistentialDisorder

I first heard Ramstein on the soundtrack to Lost Highway, back when the film was new. He's appeared on various compilations I've bought over the years since then. I've never paid much attention to him tho. There's nothing about his music that really stands out, from what I've heard.

I'm glad the hype surrounding manson has died down since antichrist came out. I never really understood what the big deal was. His first two albums sucked. Hard. The only thing that really got him noticed in the beginning, it seems, was his cover of Sweet Dreams. I wasn't much of a fan until mechanical animals. He seems to follow a visual theme with each album he releases, those visuals always being significantly different than the previous. I like the messages he has in a lot of his songs. There's a lot of truth behind them. Unfortunately I doubt the average rebelious teen really gets the message. They just put him in the cd player because they know their parents hate him.

I won't listen to an entire cd tho. I burned a cd of my favorite tracks and that's the manson I listen to. I think that back durring his 'banned in the US' stint, he did it for shock value, because people kept giving him the attention. But he's still making music, and still gathering fans, and the hype has gone away, for the most part.

One of my absolute favorite tracks of his is Coma White. If you really pay attention to the lyrics you'll get the message he's trying to give.

"What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you wanted to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself [or]
Find yourself afraid to see?..." -NIN
ExistentialDisorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:24 PM   #72
Disfunction

Rammstein isn't a "he." It's a band consisting of multiple members named for the location in which there was a tragedy during an air show (read the lyrics to the self titled "Rammstein").

Old 10-09-2005, 07:30 PM   #73
ExistentialDisorder

ahh, gotcha. i remember that airshow, if its the one i am thinking of. anyway. always thought it was one guy with a band, kind'a like nin. and he's always reminded me of right said fred. heh. even still...

"What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you wanted to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself [or]
Find yourself afraid to see?..." -NIN
ExistentialDisorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 11:37 AM   #74
OnixxFilth

I like Rammstein. They got me into another band which sings mainly in German, Eisbrecher. To me, it doesn't matter what they're saying, it's the feeling and the beat behind it. I too used to think that MM was the Antichrist or something when I was in junior high (I went to a private parochial school). This feeling lasted into early high school, back when my ma used to really regulate my music. One time I went into a Hot Topic store around then, wound up stuck in an aisle next to a guy who looked like MM's twin brother and almost passed out from sheer terror!
Old 10-10-2005, 12:35 PM   #75
pitseleh

Sometimes I feel like the only (ex-) goth who hates Rammstein. It's all just ham-fisted and cringeworthy. At best, they make me laugh.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote