Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-20-2009, 01:55 PM   #1826
Geoluhread

This whole Gnet excitement is keeping me from watching Elfen Lied =(
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:07 PM   #1827
Saya

Ooooh thats a good series. You finished Paranoia Agent, right? What did you think?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #1828
Geoluhread

I finished it at 4:30 AM. Whoever wrote that is sick and i think he needs to be put in an institution. But I kinda didn`t get why people died along the series. I mean, this bat guy is supposed to be saving them? But he kills them?
That part i didn`t understand x.O

Elfen Lied is amazing so far =D
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 08-20-2009, 02:17 PM   #1829
Saya

He gives them an escape. Some of them didn't die, they just got hospitalized and had an excuse to escape their problems. But yeah he did eventually get powerful enough to kill. I haven't watched it in a long time but maybe he was the bad things people actually enjoy having happen to them to end stress.

It was directed by Satoshi Kon, and yeah his movies are a little deranged too. He has a good thriller called Perfect Blue which is really fucked up, but leaves you guessing until the end. For a nice movie by him, check out Millennium Actress. Its very sweet and very sad. I heard Paprika was good but I haven't seen it yet.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #1830
Geoluhread

I shall check them out next month. I downloaded a lot this month and need to take a break and start studying tomorrow anyway =(
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 08-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #1831
Duane

Neon Genesis Evangelion, it's as if he's seeing how long it take before he can't stand it anymore and just puts in alot of messed up shit at the end... I mean you've seen the movie?
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #1832
korinna5555

I love it when it pours rain in the sunshine.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #1833
Delkaetre

I'll second the recommendation for Perfect Blue.
I'm thinking of using it to explain to my Gentleman why it is that I like Japanese animation and showing him a great example of an animated film that has no schoolgirls, giant robots, super-magic-demon-fighting save-the-world transformation powers, tentacles or hentai.

Unrelated!
In the housing saga, I win. I have my Ł500 back, and I'm getting everything sorted out to move into a place on the Isle Of Dogs. Move-in date of 7th Sept, so I better be ready before that!
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:37 PM   #1834
Duane

Gundam Wing and Sailor Moon/Ronin Warriors be cool.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #1835
msg_themoon

i totally forgot about ronin warriors damn!! how long ago was that crap!! gundam wing was tight as crunkzilla and i gotsta watch me that paranoia agent agaiN!!!
msg_themoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #1836
Geoluhread

So! They announce that Ramadan starts on Saturday.

I`m kinda excited.
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 08-20-2009, 02:45 PM   #1837
Duane

Ronin Warriors was awesome... CENTURIONS!!! Power extreme!!! Sailor Moon for nolstagic sakes(( perfect grammer is for anal drones)) man... so much great animation... Anyone remember Miyazaki Month on Toonami?
Old 08-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #1838
Saya

How come they need to announce it?
Old 08-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #1839
Lord Whiskerton

5 centimeters per second is a masterpiece. I recommend this anime to everyone.

The art in this movie is breathtaking.

Second Account that I doubt I'll be using: MiladyMalice
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:51 PM   #1840
vindicatedxjin

What is it about???

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:52 PM   #1841
Geoluhread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
How come they need to announce it?
Because it depends on seeing the moon. If they saw the moon today that means Ramadan starts tomorrow. If not, Ramadan is the day after.
The governmental dudes ought to do that and announce it to the kingdom.
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 08-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #1842
Lord Whiskerton

5 centimeters per second

Quote:
A tale of two people, Tono Takaki and Shinohara Akari, who were close friends but gradually grow farther and farther apart as time moves on. They become separated because of their families yet continue to exchange contact in the form of letters. Yet as time continues to trudge on, their contact with one another begins to cease. Years pass and the rift between them grows ever larger. However, Takaki remembers the times they have shared together, but as life continues to unfold for him, he wonders if he would be given the chance to meet Akari again as the tale embarks on Takaki's realization of the world and people around him.

Second Account that I doubt I'll be using: MiladyMalice
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:56 PM   #1843
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread View Post
Because it depends on seeing the moon. If they saw the moon today that means Ramadan starts tomorrow. If not, Ramadan is the day after.
The governmental dudes ought to do that and announce it to the kingdom.
So is it different for each country?

We used to have a tv show on CBC called Little Mosque On The Prairie, I think the first episode was about them arguing when Ramadan starts, since they were just a tiny group of people and didn't have a imam yet. I miss that show, should see if I can find any episodes. My favourite episode was when one of the girls starts wearing Western clothing and her dad says "You look like a Protestant!" "I think you mean prostitute?" "No, I mean Protestant!"

EDIT: Hey, I'm impressed, that show apparently is still on the air and you can get episodes online ^_^ Yay!
Old 08-20-2009, 03:01 PM   #1844
Geoluhread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
So is it different for each country?
Yes. Depending on where the countries are. Here is an article which talks about which are having on Friday and which on Saturday.
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 08-20-2009, 03:33 PM   #1845
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555 View Post
Man.. why wear five fingers when I can just go barefoot?
They protect your feet, you can still feel the texture of the ground through them but they keep you from getting stabbed, they actually improve your grip which makes it easier to climb, and you can go where shoes are required.

I really want a pair of black ankle boots but all of the ones I have seen seen to have super huge holes for the ankle and I want ones that will fit snugly.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:46 PM   #1846
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Bubblegum Crisis (and all related sequels/spin-offs) and Ghost in the Shell (and all the same jazz I said for Bubblegum) are probably the two best anime series in my opinion.

Le Portraite de Petite Cosette is a pretty amazing set of OVAs, though I didn't like the ending as much as the rest of it.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:48 PM   #1847
Saya

I could never get into Ghost In The Shell. I think Serial Experiments Lain was the best anime series, but a lot of people struggle with that one.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:51 PM   #1848
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I've never seen Lain so I might check it out, my anime watching life has died down a lot recently, all I do now is read and watch the latest Bleach releases, and occasionally an episode of Zombie Loan. I might check out Lain since I do have a lot of free time right now.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #1849
Corpsey

Lain was epic. Seriously. The graphics weren't the best in the world, and if they made a repeat or a second series with graphics it would then really be amazing.

As for BEST Anime....Probably Cowboy Bebop but then again I am still reeling from seeing that series so I'm somewhat biased.

Samurai Champloo is pretty awesome too. It goes really into depth about how the Samurai culture had strong ties with Homosexuality but explains it in a hiphop-ish style. It's pretty Phat.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:22 PM   #1850
Geoluhread

This is why i LOVE gnet. You can talk about anything here.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I shall make a list!
Jack Osborne

add me on