Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
jwestlake

Comments on Handmade Gothic Clothing and Jewelry

I am looking for opinions on a new Etsy shop selling handmade corsets, accessories, and jewelry. I have put a few pictures of my favorites in this post. Also she will be putting up her corsets in the next few weeks, so check back.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/moonstaradri

Check it out and give me feedback please!

jwestlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
Mariner

I don't like the dragons on the sides of the bat bracelet or the little bows on the earrings. The armwarmers are nice, but I wouldn't dream of paying $25 for armwarmers.
Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:08 PM   #3
jwestlake

Mariner, thanks for the feedback! What do you think is reasonable for the armwarmers?
Old 03-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
Luv2H8

It all depends on the material used, but I have to say somewhere around the $20s. Aside from that, try to keep some of the designs simple. Sometimes less is more. The night cuff would definitely look better without the dragons. The rest looks very nice, I like it.
Also, could you start making hats. Preferably top hats and tiny top hats.
Luv2H8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
Mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwestlake View Post
Mariner, thanks for the feedback! What do you think is reasonable for the armwarmers?
I would say between $15 and $20 would be a bit more reasonable for the armwarmers. I agree Luv2H8 the designs would benefit from a bit of simplicity, the problem with the dragons on the bracelet and the bows on the earrings is they make them look gaudy.
Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:44 AM   #6
ShadeZula

Simplicity with the jewelry would be good but perhaps more for having the variety. Everyone likes different styles. The arm warmers look like they would be itchy. But I agree with Mariner. $15-$20 would be very reasonable. That "Carnival Corset" is sick. If I was in the position to drop $160 on a top, I probably would but only if could try one on first. Selling/buying corsets over the internet is risky business, especially when they're fashion-over-function.
ShadeZula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #7
Tam Li Hua

I really like that bracelet and the goth loli cuffs, but I have to agree that the earrings would be -much- better without bows, and the bracelet would be better without the dragons. =)

My fav piece is the Lace Chandelier Fascinator! [What can I say; I'm a sucker for hats.]
Old 04-08-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
scissorsister

Red face La Carmina - Cute!

I love Harajuku style and I am loving La Carmina! The “Cute Yummy Time” author has an adorable little cat named Basil Farrow, and is a long time animal lover. I just read her latest interview with PETAAsiaPacific.com where she discusses her involvement in animal rights issues here: http://www.petaasiapacific.com/featu...sp?c=papforpro. It’s so amazing to see such a big cultural icon stand up for the animals…and isn’t her little cat, Basil, just adorable?!
scissorsister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #9
Raza

I rather like the bracelet. The armwarmers have a nice creative design, but I think it'd benefit from a different material for the solid forearm part. Maybe try to reduce it to two materials, using the same thing for both solid areas if that's possible.

Don't go with 'less is more'; I like that these go a bit beyond the basics.
Raza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:42 PM   #10
Saya

I think the earrings would be more appealing without the bows but its not a deal breaker, I'd probably wear them if I didn't have sensitive ears. I don't mind the dragons on the bracelet, I mean if they're tacky then what does that make the bat?

I got your shop saved anyway, I think I might order a thing or two sometime soon ^_^
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:28 PM   #11
emeraldlonewoulf

in what way should this thread not be classified as shill, or at the very least be added to the DIY thread? especially as the thread opener is a second post?

like the bracelet, even though I don't think I would actually wear it anywhere.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:43 PM   #12
Saya

It should be in shill, but I don't think its a big deal, its pretty obvious she's not a bot and probably just overlooked it. No mod to move it anyway.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #13
jwestlake

First off, thanks for the input. It's really great to hear that people like the pieces and to hear suggestions for improvement.

I apologize for overlooking the shill section. If any admins know of a better place for the post, by all means please move it.

Thanks!