Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-22-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
Megansmom

15 year old being stalked by lesbians and weirdos

Help my 15 year old is being hit on by lesbians or weird dudes. She is not gay but for some reason she attracts women ( At JACON i thought I was going to have to press stalking charges on 1 woman, in her 20s, after I beat her ass because she kept stalking and hitting on my daughter. Even in front of me. Don't worry I'm equal opportunity I would of done the same to any male in his 20s hitting on a 15 year old girl. )
At school she has the same problem, girls hitting on her and she's tired of it. She's not gay but she is a very affection person and open with her disdain how big of idiots most boys are, but she would like a boyfriend but she expects to be able to have a conversation at a level above a rock. She's also into gothic styles, wears her hair short and very open minded with artsy overtones in her lifestyle.
The guys she attracts are like well beyond strange. They tend to be clingy, low self esteem, no friggin way they can hold a conversation with her because they appear to be scared of her. It's almost like the pain she inflicts and she does grant them the pain is what they live for. It's scary to her. They are well overly fascinated with her as only teenage boys can be.
How can she deal with this?
Megansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:37 PM   #2
badteccy

Just tell the girls she's straight? Is it really that hard? As for the guys? I dunno, when creeps used to hit on me constantly (until I started looking my age and being less cute) I would just say nothing and cry to my mom later.
That, I do not reccomend.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:02 PM   #3
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google Ads
Stalking, teen pregnancy, security bands, attracting men
Of course, leave it to Google Ads to have a good solution. :P

But really, she should be able to tell them to back off with no problem by herself.
And a self defense class or two would help if things got hairy. A bit drastic, but definitely couldn't hurt.

Honestly, you didn't need to beat her up. As much as I'm for con-fights (flippantly speaking, of course), why didn't you just call for security or mace her?
Old 05-22-2008, 05:15 PM   #4
KontanKarite

Ummm...

Well, she attracts fuck ups? Especially piss poor males? Maybe she should stop advertising the mallgoth/emo agenda.

As for homosexuals hitting on your daughter... thems the brakes. Hopefully you beat their ass because they're "pedos" and not because they're gay.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:18 PM   #5
Despanan

Why the hell are you bringing this problem to us? I'm sorry if that's a bit harsh but this is a gothic forum not a parenting support group. I mean just because some of us are gay/bi/pansexual wierdos doesn't mean we know some magic way to get rid of them.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:18 PM   #6
Wormboy

This belongs in whining with all the other mindless crap.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:30 PM   #7
badteccy

What is with moms joining the forum for parenting advice, anyway? It's super irritating.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:35 PM   #8
Splintered

When someone stalks your daughter, you need call the police and actually press charges. The United States has this phobia of vigilante justice, and by assaulting her you're exposing yourself to possible charges that carry jail time. The only way you could make it out of a court is if you could prove your daughter was in physical danger, and good luck doing that.

As to the girls hitting on her, look at it from the girls point of view. If she's giving off the impression that she's homosexual, then homosexuals are going to ask her out. Even if she isn't giving off the distinct impression she's homosexual, some people might perceive it as such and take a risk to ask her out. There's nothing malicious about this, nor is there anything to worry about.

It becomes malicious when they make advances to her that are either:
a.) Sexual enough in nature that it goes in to sexual harassment.
b.) Continue even after she's said no multiple times.

Otherwise it's just a natural case of someone trying to find a partner (Like most High Schoolers do), and there's nothing illegal or harmful about it.

Finally, she can deal with the boys by telling them to either grow a pair or leave her alone.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:51 PM   #9
Kristin

Megansmom, message me through my profile, okay? We can get in touch that way. I'm pretty sure I'm done here.
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:55 PM   #10
BLEED REBELION!!!

"What is with moms joining the forum for parenting advice, anyway? It's super irritating."

Badteccy I dont mean to nit pick.. but wasnt that a bit of a bitchy thing to say..lay off fuck!!

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:47 PM   #11
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEED REBELION!!!
"What is with moms joining the forum for parenting advice, anyway? It's super irritating."

Badteccy I dont mean to nit pick.. but wasnt that a bit of a bitchy thing to say..lay off fuck!!
She has a big ass size 72 point about that. Kristin actually interacts with the board and wisely doesn't use us as a child-rearing manual. In the case of MM, asking for advice is ALL she does and with her paranoia it's a miracle she even let her own daughter have an account here.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:11 PM   #12
Underwater Ophelia

It's immature to exaggerate by saying she's being "stalked." If she actually is being stalked, you're an incredibly bad parent for coming here for answers.

I take it she is NOT being stalked, but maybe other people are showing interested in her.

Now then, there is nothing wrong with a nice girl coming up to your daughter and wondering if she would like a date or whatever. It's just as if it were a nice boy. Your daughter should respond the mature way by saying something to the effect of "I'm flattered, but I am only interested in boys romantically."

Next, what's wrong with boys who are shy being interested in her? Maybe because she seems confident in herself, these boys who have experience being unaccepted by others feel that since she is "odd" but still confident they would be accepted by her.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:01 AM   #13
Megansmom

Actually she wanted your advice again because she felt you guys were more worldly and would be able to point out what she was doing wrong and help her handle it correctly in a manner more befitting of a goth than an old woman.
I didn't beat the womans arse tho I felt like it and yes it would have been because she was acting like a pedophile And yes she does tell the girls she straight and as far as the guys go well they are teenagers and they never really grow up,
But I'll be glad to let her know that the gothic community is as closed minded as everybody else and that her questions are no longer to be posted. Poor girl there is no gothic community here and she just wanted others advice besides mine because I'm just a mom what do know
Megansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:19 AM   #14
Tin_Lizzie

MegansMom, you could let your daughter join and ask these questions herself. GNet is no worse than any cafe or club, except that she'll meet lots of different people and learn how to handle social situations in a safer environment. As it is, you've got a choke-chain on her (ok so maybe it's a stylish one, but she needs more latitude than that). Better that you trust her a little more. If she keeps coming to you for advice, that means you raised her right. Remember, she's asking your opinion, not ours.
Tin_Lizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:58 AM   #15
badteccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEED REBELION!!!

Badteccy I dont mean to nit pick.. but wasnt that a bit of a bitchy thing to say..!!
Yea, probably. Whatev.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:05 AM   #16
Despanan

Wait...so now because we said M&M needs to raise her daughter instead of turning to a bunch of strangers on the internet the entire Gothic community is now "close-minded"?

Well, I've been told off. Certainly wouldn't want to seem as "Close-minded" as the rest of the "conformists" out there. Here's some free parenting advice; stop being so passive-aggressive and manipulative to those around you. I doubt your daughter was really "Being stalked" all pedo-like, and I HIGHLY doubt that she's got some sort of lesbian magnet hidden in her purse that attracts legions of homosexual rapists who won't take no for an answer.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:24 AM   #17
prophecyofdoom

If Megansmom is anything like MY mom, she's flipping out JUST because people are showing an interest in her daughter and the idea that she would end up getting together with anyone just terrifies her! :S

Any interest is seen as "stalking" and she wishes they would all just go away... She knows she needs to come to terms with the fact that her daughter will start dating eventually, but she justifies her abhorrance of the idea by convincing herself that everyone who gives this girl attention is a sick freak. My mom never really got over it and I'm almost thirty

But the question of how to repel unwanted attention is a tricky one. I never really found a good way to make a discourage someone persistantly hitting on me without being rude. If "Thanks but I'm not interested" dosen't work, you just have to be rude and tell them to piss off.

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:55 AM   #18
KontanKarite

You know what this is? I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt, but then I realised that you took your daughter to a FREEKIN anime rave.

So I'm putting two and two together. Your daughter was at a rave... FULL of anime fans. Now, not all anime fans are otaku... but there are rather creepy, RABIDLY fanatic otakus that go to anime conventions and there are a lot of them.

She was at a fucking RAVE. Not only that, but a shitty rave full of anime FANS.

So your daughter was getting hit on by adult lesbians... AT A RAVE. What do you expect? Oh and the loser boys? Once again... ANIME RAVE. DUH! So yeah, I could totally understand why your goth daughter was getting hit on left and right at a fucking anime... rave.

I wish I could articulate this just a bit better, maybe sound wittier or more intelligent but frankly I'm at a loss for words. Pedos and anime are like peanut butter and jelly. If you're willing to let your daughter go to raves, even those based on anime, then I beseech you to understand that even though you're watching over her, she's going to have to be willing to roll with the adult punches.

Maybe you should take her back to bible camp instead... where the pedophillia isn't so obvious. Then again... it might be better to be in a place where it's more easily noticed.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:17 AM   #19
Tin_Lizzie

I want to add that I wrote my comment here before I saw what MM posted in the Fashion thread:

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showth...790#post391790
Tin_Lizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #20
Despanan

Protip: if you want to avoid Peodophiles do not let your twelve and fifteen year old daughters dress in a fetish style based off of a pedophile's wet-dream!

Seriously MM, WTF?! I think we've found why your daughter is attracting so many lesbians and wierdos. I don't care if they told you it's not sexual. It is, and they're lying because they're freaking pedos!

Look; clothes shouldn't be the only thing people judge a person on, but the fact of the matter is people DO judge you on your clothing. It is extremely irresponsible for you to let your daughters dress that way. Want to get rid of the wierdos, then get rid of the fetish clothes.

Would you actually allow your daughters to dress like Britney Spears? Because Gothic/Anime lol lita is probably a worse choice for a girl that young.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:41 AM   #21
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Lizzie
I want to add that I wrote my comment here before I saw what MM posted in the Fashion thread:

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showth...790#post391790

EUREKA! HOLMES, I do believe we've found an clue in the living establishment! I say...

*adjusts monicle and takes a draw on his wooden pipe*

Old 05-23-2008, 09:43 AM   #22
Despanan

MYSTERLY SOLVED!

Come Kontan! Let us leave these shennanagins and return to the mystery derigible!
Old 05-23-2008, 09:58 AM   #23
KontanKarite

In Japanese culture, they often times prefer their girls super super young and super super subserviant. That society is so male dominant, that **** is about as bad as a parking ticket, (exaggeration for effect, the point still stands). The loli ta fashion in Japan is a direct derivative of the loli ta fashion and fetish of the west. In Japan, this fashion is NOT a Japanese original and if it were, the context would still be the same or possibly worse.

Loli ta fashion = sexually mature 10 year old girl. It's cut and dry, it doesn't matter what country or culture says otherwise. In the west, this is what it means and in the east, it means the same thing since it is derivative of the west regardless. Get your CHILDREN OUT OF ADULT CLOTHING!

Old 05-23-2008, 10:52 AM   #24
threnody

Question...if you had a gay son and heterosexual woman were visibily attracted to him, would that bother you?
threnody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 10:54 AM   #25
badteccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
You know what this is? I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt, but then I realised that you took your daughter to a FREEKIN anime rave.

So I'm putting two and two together. Your daughter was at a rave... FULL of anime fans. Now, not all anime fans are otaku... but there are rather creepy, RABIDLY fanatic otakus that go to anime conventions and there are a lot of them.

She was at a fucking RAVE. Not only that, but a shitty rave full of anime FANS.

So your daughter was getting hit on by adult lesbians... AT A RAVE. What do you expect? Oh and the loser boys? Once again... ANIME RAVE. DUH! So yeah, I could totally understand why your goth daughter was getting hit on left and right at a fucking anime... rave.

I wish I could articulate this just a bit better, maybe sound wittier or more intelligent but frankly I'm at a loss for words. Pedos and anime are like peanut butter and jelly. If you're willing to let your daughter go to raves, even those based on anime, then I beseech you to understand that even though you're watching over her, she's going to have to be willing to roll with the adult punches.

Maybe you should take her back to bible camp instead... where the pedophillia isn't so obvious. Then again... it might be better to be in a place where it's more easily noticed.
Do you know that I love you?