Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 04-24-2006, 02:22 PM   #1551
SuicideJade

tonight i'm watching Sin City..

and for future refrence.. i know bellydancing is harder than it looks.. >_<
Old 04-24-2006, 04:28 PM   #1552
Pathogen.

Two.

Saturday night:
*Batman [5 cartoon episodes from the 1990s].

Last night:
*Leave Her To Heaven [1946]. [Seemingly quiet full-colour Film Noir flick about a Boston writer who meets a beautiful woman engaged to a politician on a train. Their chance meeting led to a whirlwind romance then whirlwind marriage. But the writer realises that his new bride is both possessive & murderous.]
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 04:30 PM   #1553
Pathogen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideJade
tonight i'm watching Sin City..

and for future refrence.. i know bellydancing is harder than it looks.. >_<
SUICIDE JADE: That's hella hot! We have 2 bellydancers on this board! As for "Sin City", good film choice, Jade.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:10 PM   #1554
disorder

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
For the next few weeks I forsee myself quoting it constantly... hehehe
Old 04-25-2006, 11:56 AM   #1555
Nike

Shrek 2

On Friday. When the saviour of the world dies (well, in Greece he's a bit late), my room neighbour said, you've got to watch something funny to cheer up. eh, well.

I liked the cat.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:44 PM   #1556
Pathogen.

Brotherhood Of The Wolf/Le Pacte Des Loups [2001].
Old 04-25-2006, 01:00 PM   #1557
jokerman91

the last movie that i watched was unleashed with jet li. it was cool but come on who in their right mind would make a man into a dog for christ sake there is not reallity in that at all there is no way that one can train a man to obey orders just like a measly dog.
jokerman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:10 PM   #1558
Engulfed_in_darkness

Orange County
Engulfed_in_darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:51 AM   #1559
tenet_2012

I just watched "Lucky Number Sleven". It was an alright movie at the beginning, kind of lagged in the middle, but the ending made the movie worth watching.

I also watched "Walmart: The High Cost of Low Prices" last night. Not since Michael Moore have I seen such a one-sided "documentary".

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:35 AM   #1560
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathogen.
Brotherhood Of The Wolf/Le Pacte Des Loups [2001].
What did you think of it? I thought it was truly awful... clichêd and corny...

Last night I watch "Contact" with Jody Foster. It was strangely paced and a little sentimental, but I liked it. I liked the way the theme of "Faith vs Science" was interwoven into it.

And this bit rings true with me -
"I... had an experience. I can't prove it, I can't even explain it, but everything that I know as a human being, everything that I am tells me that it was real. I was given something wonderful, something that changed me forever. A vision of the universe, that tells us undeniably, how tiny, and insignificant and how... rare, and precious we all are! A vision that tells us that we belong to something that is greater then ourselves, that we are *not*, that none of us are alone."
Old 04-26-2006, 12:18 PM   #1561
Beowulf

Cool

Shogun Assassin (1980, Directed by Robert Houston)

Long ago there was a great samurai warrior who served his Shogun honorably. The Shogun however grew paranoid as he became more and more senile. The Shogun sought to destroy all those who might stand to oppose his rule, and so he sent his ninja spies to the samurai's home. The ninjas failed to kill the samurai, but did kill his beloved wife. From then on, the samurai swore on his honor to seek out the Shogun and avenge the death of his love. The samurai roams the countryside with his toddler son taking on mercenary work for money until the final battle with the Shogun's three Masters of Death. IMDB

One of my all time favourites.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 01:48 PM   #1562
Pathogen.

Final Analysis [1991].
Old 04-26-2006, 03:42 PM   #1563
Loy

Bwowulf-should point out that "Shogun Assassin" is a re-edit/compilations of scenes from the first 3 "Lone Wolf And Cub" films (just like "Kill Bill"....without Uma thurman).

And (just to be even nerdier) the Sam Mendes film "Road To Purdition" (starring Tom Hanks) is an Americanization of "Lone Wolf". If you're curious
Old 04-26-2006, 04:09 PM   #1564
Beowulf

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loy
Bwowulf-should point out that "Shogun Assassin" is a re-edit/compilations of scenes from the first 3 "Lone Wolf And Cub" films (just like "Kill Bill"....without Uma thurman).

And (just to be even nerdier) the Sam Mendes film "Road To Purdition" (starring Tom Hanks) is an Americanization of "Lone Wolf". If you're curious

Loy, Your right, Shogun Assasin is a composite of the first three of a series of films originally made in the early `70s. I`ve yet to see the original films, but plan to buy them in the near future.

I would have to say that I much prefer `Shogun Assassin` to the `Kill Bill` series.

I also love the comic books on which the `Lone Wolf` films are based.

Old 04-26-2006, 04:33 PM   #1565
Pathogen.

[quote=Morrigan_Dubh]What did you think of it? I thought it was truly awful... clichêd and corny...

MORRIGAN: The 2001 French action/fantasy flick "Brotherhood Of The Wolf/Le Pacte Des Loups" was good for what it was: An action/fantasy flick. I agree with you on it being too cliched, but you got to admit, Brasilian Capoiera expert/actor Mark Dacascos had some bad-ass fighting moves. This would be more of a film that I would recommend to someone who liked flicks like: "Mortal Kombat" or "Highlander".
Oh, yeah, and Monica Belucci was in this, too. So pale, so lovely. However, I fully hated 3 of her other flicks: "The Borthers Grimm" & the last 2 "Matrix" sequels.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:11 PM   #1566
Beowulf

[quote=Pathogen.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
What did you think of it? I thought it was truly awful... clichêd and corny...

MORRIGAN: The 2001 French action/fantasy flick "Brotherhood Of The Wolf/Le Pacte Des Loups" was good for what it was: An action/fantasy flick. I agree with you on it being too cliched, but you got to admit, Brasilian Capoiera expert/actor Mark Dacascos had some bad-ass fighting moves. This would be more of a film that I would recommend to someone who liked flicks like: "Mortal Kombat" or "Highlander".
Oh, yeah, and Monica Belucci was in this, too. So pale, so lovely. However, I fully hated 3 of her other flicks: "The Borthers Grimm" & the last 2 "Matrix" sequels.
Pathogen, Did you know that Monica Belucci was in `Bram stokers dracula` as one of Draculas brides , she was fangtastic !!!.

Old 04-26-2006, 06:22 PM   #1567
Beowulf

Cool

Stephen Kings `Silver Bullet`(1985, Directed by Daniel Attias)

The small town of Tarker's Mill was a place that was very peaceful, where nothing ever happened. Until one night, murders begin. The town people believe its some maniac killer on the loose and intend to hunt the man down. Marty, a young handicapped boy, believes that the killer is no man at all, but a werewolf. After a run in with the werewolf Marty and his sister, Jane hunt all over town for the man who is the werewolf. IMDB

I thought this film was a really good Werewolf story, I`m going to definatly find the book as Stephen King is one of my favourite authors and storytellers.

Old 04-27-2006, 05:24 AM   #1568
Niels

'House of Flying Daggers' (2005, by Yimou Zhang)

I have never shed a tear watching a movie, but this one almost made it happen, even though I've seen it many times before...
Old 04-27-2006, 05:46 AM   #1569
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:

Oh I agree that Mark Dacascos has some really slick moves. I suppose I felt he didn't really fit in the context of this film and that jarred horribly with. They would be more at home in a film like "Mortal Combat" or possibly "Highlander", although I love Highlander. I thinkn it was a far superior film.
I enjoyed watching Monica Belucci, but the fact that she was with Samuel Le Bihan in it made me retch. I think he contributed most to my disgust at this film.
Plus I watched the dubbed version because my boyfriend's housemates won't watch films with subtitles. I hate dubbing. This may have compounded my repulsion.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:06 PM   #1570
Pathogen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf

Pathogen, Did you know that Monica Belucci was in `Bram stokers dracula` as one of Draculas brides , she was fangtastic !!!.
BEOWULF: I had no idea! I going to watch it again at some point! At least there's 1 good film that Senorina Belluci was in!
Old 04-27-2006, 12:15 PM   #1571
Pathogen.

Bullitt [1967]. [1 of Steve McQueen's best remembered roles. I can't wrap my head around the plot at all, but this film features 1 of the greatest car-chase scenes in the history of U.$. cinema. That & McQueen was cool without even trying.]
Old 04-27-2006, 08:31 PM   #1572
lena

I watched Madhouse on tv (hbo on demand actually) It was really really awesome. It was one of those movies with a twist you dont see coming, and I love those.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:50 PM   #1573
Blushing Heliophobe

I just finished Tristan and Isolde.

It had good acting, scenes, wardrobe...but something was missing.

I think because out of all the different legends floating about that they could have incorporated, it kind of bummed me out that it made them kind of an unremarkable Romeo and Juliet. Most of what makes the legends so great was the end of the romance and not the beginning - and the movie did it the other way around.

Still, I'll watch it again and it was done better than what I could have expected.

At least they depicted King Marc fairly well.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:10 AM   #1574
tenet_2012

Quote:
Bullitt [1967]. [1 of Steve McQueen's best remembered roles. I can't wrap my head around the plot at all, but this film features 1 of the greatest car-chase scenes in the history of U.$. cinema. That & McQueen was cool without even trying.]
The best car chase scene ever was in "Ronin".

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:23 AM   #1575
polished_wolf_claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenet_2012
The best car chase scene ever was in "Ronin".
Best Car CHase Seen in a Decently Funded Movie was Ronin....... Best in a Low Budget Was in SGT. Kabukiman.

**Thats Right.... The Wolf is back"

"Teh Lordz Satan Protektz me frm ebil in mah PANTS!!!!!11111"
polished_wolf_claws is offline   Reply With Quote