Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:10 AM   #1
Stormtrooper of Death

Bullet Belts

Hoping you people can help me out. I'm looking at getting a bullet belt, but I've decided to get one without the tips on it.

Now has anyone ordered from studsandspikes.com before, and if so, how was the service?

Lastly, should I go with the .223:

http://studsandspikes.com/buy/m16-22...-w-x-link.html

or the .308:

http://studsandspikes.com/buy/m60-bu...lack-link.html

Let me know what you think, thanks.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
emeraldlonewoulf

okay... doesn't the lack of bullets make a belt of spent shell casings rather... well, pointless? unless there is a an underlying peace-punk message intended, of course... but then you are dealing with the idea that the shells have already been shot at something.

Another thing, if you want something like that that isn't mass produced, just get some spent casings from your local shooting range, (free) and then cut slits in some fabric or leather (probably already have it) to put them through, a bit of glue or thread, and presto! a bullet belt, but you can say you made it yourself. Or get the actual empty belts at the army surplus or gun store, and attach a buckle.

If you really want something bought like this though, go with the smaller caliber, probably would be more comfortable.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
Stormtrooper of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldlonewoulf View Post
okay... doesn't the lack of bullets make a belt of spent shell casings rather... well, pointless? unless there is a an underlying peace-punk message intended, of course... but then you are dealing with the idea that the shells have already been shot at something.

Another thing, if you want something like that that isn't mass produced, just get some spent casings from your local shooting range, (free) and then cut slits in some fabric or leather (probably already have it) to put them through, a bit of glue or thread, and presto! a bullet belt, but you can say you made it yourself. Or get the actual empty belts at the army surplus or gun store, and attach a buckle.

If you really want something bought like this though, go with the smaller caliber, probably would be more comfortable.

I wanted the spent shells because basically, they're cheaper and I think they look better. Plus, I like the metal links more, it's tougher. I'm thinking of going with the smaller caliber anyways.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
JCC

Bullet belts are just silly.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:05 AM   #5
Methadrine

I got a belt of .223's. Perfect for those times I get invited as "special guest" at Motorhead tribute band nights. Get them in silver though, the brass ones go incredibly dull, dirty and discolored after a while.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #6
Fyrliin

Bullet belts made my belt loops Rip
Fyrliin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #7
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death View Post
Hoping you people can help me out. I'm looking at getting a bullet belt, but I've decided to get one without the tips on it.

Now has anyone ordered from studsandspikes.com before, and if so, how was the service?

Lastly, should I go with the .223:

http://studsandspikes.com/buy/m16-22...-w-x-link.html

or the .308:

http://studsandspikes.com/buy/m60-bu...lack-link.html

Let me know what you think, thanks.
If you're a big guy (about 6' and up) get the 308. 223 will look rather small. Also, I've ordered plenty from both StudsandSpikes and Crustpunks, though I own a bullet belt from Crustpunks. I recommend the latter, though they're both fantastic. Plus Juli (crust punks) is vegan, so that rocks too.

I'm warning you now, they're heavy. It's about four pounds of mixed alloys, primarily brass, hanging off of your waist. Another advice to avoid the belt loop thing, put it on so the back end of the bullet (near the cap) is in the middle of the belt loops.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #8
Malice In Wonderland

Some guy still has mine.
I never had a problem with belt loops, fuck knows what size they are either.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:04 AM   #9
Naked Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrliin View Post
Bullet belts made my belt loops Rip
You shouldn't have trouble with the heavy denim type pants.
What kind of pants are you tearing the loops on?
Naked Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:44 AM   #10
Cosmicgaunt

According to one of Sepultura's interviews they wanted to have bullet belts like alot of the European bands for their photoshoot. They couldn't find any to purchase so one of the members had the idea of making them out of AA batteries.

>.<
Cosmicgaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:13 AM   #11
Naked Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicgaunt View Post
......one of the members had the idea of making them out of AA batteries.

*headdesk*
Naked Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:14 AM   #12
blood_raven88

another great site for bullet belts is BULLET BELTS i have the 308 all silver one with black links.
blood_raven88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:11 PM   #13
blindNsect

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldlonewoulf View Post

LOL @ Peace Punk
blindNsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:47 PM   #14
Alan

I just remembered why I don't like SoD
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:30 PM   #15
blindNsect

What is SoD?
Old 01-31-2010, 04:00 PM   #16
Alan

Stormtrooper of Death
real classy
Old 01-31-2010, 06:07 PM   #17
blindNsect

Ohh ok. So, why do you hate them?
Old 02-01-2010, 06:23 AM   #18
Stormtrooper of Death

Oh Alan, please do tell, I'm on my toes here.

And why was this thread brought back to life at all, this is pointless.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:53 PM   #19
Solumina

I mean this with all the kindness in my heart: I'm pretty sure it is because you crave attention and approval.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #20
Alan

Well, that, and also his wannabe punk stance.
BlindNSect, I don't hate him. I just don't like him. Kinda like a gnat.
I was reminded why I don't like him in this thread not because of something that infuriated me, but rather in the way you remember there's a splinter you can't locate in the sweater you just put on.

To make it short, SoD is suck a wannabe punk. Maybe not a poser punk; noone would confuse him with anything other than a punk with how much he talks about it. But he tries so fucking hard.
His politics are what bother me the most - huge pet peeve. He posits pseudo-radical ideas he proclaims to have but shows no evidence of actually living by them. Of course he couldn't live by them, though, as they're not exactly coherent. Jello Biafra for president? He fucking sort of ran in 2000, why the fuck would he mention it in 2008? That's right, because it ups his punk street cred.

And in the case of this thread; he has professed to be an anarchopacifist, a position that, at least in his case, is as incoherent as it is vague. We once flamed him so badly because of his bullshit stance in which he, in the course of a day, went from pretending to stem from the radical left, into showing that the suffix '-pacifist' was a perfect cop-out for any actual type of action. He even defended the status quo he pretends to hate, in the name of pacifism; how shortsighted is that. Basically, he's just a hippie with combat boots and shitty(er) music taste.
What does this have to do with this thread? That he wants a fucking bullet belt. How punk of him to use a bullet belt. But hold on a minute; didn't he say he's an anarchopacifist? Where do bullets enter into the equation? Even if they are empty shells as emerald suggested, doesn't it still glorify the use of weapons, as those shells must have been used at one point in time or another, making his trouser holder nothing but an unearned medal in macho dick-waving. The only stupider thing would be to buy shells that NEVER contained gunpowder at all, meaning he bought an entirely fabricated illusion for the sake of a shitty look.

Holy shit, that wasn't short at all. Doesn't matter; I believe I deconstructed my pet peeve pretty well. But now you shall see, as Solumina suggested, just how much of an attention whore SoD is, because he'll come here prancing and feel somehow proud in that I would write so much about him - another unearned pretend medal for his constant craving of validation.
real classy
Old 02-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #21
PortraitOfSanity

Meh, bullet belts are more of a metal thing these days anyway, from what I've seen. Then again, I hang out around more metalheads than punks lately.

But yea, gonna agree with Alan, even though I don't particularly mind SoD.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:38 AM   #22
Stormtrooper of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Well, that, and also his wannabe punk stance.
BlindNSect, I don't hate him. I just don't like him. Kinda like a gnat.
I was reminded why I don't like him in this thread not because of something that infuriated me, but rather in the way you remember there's a splinter you can't locate in the sweater you just put on.

To make it short, SoD is suck a wannabe punk. Maybe not a poser punk; noone would confuse him with anything other than a punk with how much he talks about it. But he tries so fucking hard.
His politics are what bother me the most - huge pet peeve. He posits pseudo-radical ideas he proclaims to have but shows no evidence of actually living by them. Of course he couldn't live by them, though, as they're not exactly coherent. Jello Biafra for president? He fucking sort of ran in 2000, why the fuck would he mention it in 2008? That's right, because it ups his punk street cred.

And in the case of this thread; he has professed to be an anarchopacifist, a position that, at least in his case, is as incoherent as it is vague. We once flamed him so badly because of his bullshit stance in which he, in the course of a day, went from pretending to stem from the radical left, into showing that the suffix '-pacifist' was a perfect cop-out for any actual type of action. He even defended the status quo he pretends to hate, in the name of pacifism; how shortsighted is that. Basically, he's just a hippie with combat boots and shitty(er) music taste.
What does this have to do with this thread? That he wants a fucking bullet belt. How punk of him to use a bullet belt. But hold on a minute; didn't he say he's an anarchopacifist? Where do bullets enter into the equation? Even if they are empty shells as emerald suggested, doesn't it still glorify the use of weapons, as those shells must have been used at one point in time or another, making his trouser holder nothing but an unearned medal in macho dick-waving. The only stupider thing would be to buy shells that NEVER contained gunpowder at all, meaning he bought an entirely fabricated illusion for the sake of a shitty look.

Holy shit, that wasn't short at all. Doesn't matter; I believe I deconstructed my pet peeve pretty well. But now you shall see, as Solumina suggested, just how much of an attention whore SoD is, because he'll come here prancing and feel somehow proud in that I would write so much about him - another unearned pretend medal for his constant craving of validation.
You know, for a while there, I was just starting to forget about how stupid you really are, and then this has to happen. What a shame. Well I suppose this is the time for me to rant and rave about your comments attacking my character and political views. But I've grown above that. I will state a few things.

Answer me these questions:

Have you in real life, ever met me?

Have you in real life, ever talked to me?

Hell, I can answer those right now. NO. YOU HAVEN'T. So because of what I type on THE INTERNET MESSAGEBOARDS you have got me zeroed down 100%, is that it?

You've never talked to me in real life, you don't know what I do, so how can you judge? But that's what you only do right? anybody who has a different opinion than you, you have to get rid of immediately. You just can't say "Well that's your opinion, I have a different one" and leave it at that.

So I'm now a "wannabe" punk because I don't squat a house with my friends, get drunk every night, have a mohawk and organize worker's rallys right? I don't listen to the "right" punk bands and support the "right" politics so I must be a fake. Fuck you dude. You have no idea of who I am, and want I do. Punk street cred? I don't have any because that's not how I live my life. I'm a punk because I like the music, DIY, the politics and the subculture in general. I admit when I first got into it, I didn't know anything, and was in it purely for the fashion. But that was years ago, and people evolve and change over time.

I'm not the same SoD that posted here two or three years ago. But you don't see that so I'll leave you to your closeminded world.

Good day sir.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:47 PM   #23
CarrionCorpse

I'd say go with .308, but personally, I enjoy the bullet belts with the tips still on.
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:09 AM   #24
Stormtrooper of Death

True, plus the .308 looks a little more badass with the tips on.

I see Alan hasn't posted a reply yet. What a shame.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:26 AM   #25
Alan

Give me a fucking break; I have better things to do that plase you, bitch. What a shitty block of whinery dude.

"Watevs! Y'all dont kknow me!!"

I don't need to know you personally to know that it's fucking stupid to claim to be an anarchopacifist and then glorify the look of a bullet belt, you fucktard.

And then you try to ridicule me by claiming that I say you're not punk for 'not having the right politics', which would almost make a good argument, BUT THEN, you fucking go to say that you do knwo about the right politics!! That's fucking pathetic. You don't even know how to defend yourself.

And how exactly is it that you actually 'evolved' and yet you keep your exact same shitty music taste and pity requests? Do you actually expect us to believe that you grew as a person and just happen to fit more and more exactly into your little punk dream persona? Don't embarrass yourself. If you actually think you have grown, and yet it's obvious that you haven't changed, all you've done is polish your punk stereotype all the more.
real classy