Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 04-28-2006, 10:48 PM   #1
4mytribe

Bracing for impact

We are getting ready for monday when there is supposed to be massive demonstrations. The air right now is uncertain and I have a bad feeling right now that tells me to prepare for the worse. But being as I am a bit paronoid by nature I have to be realistic to some extent. Still with the news of the several race riots this week building up to this and because of this and the fact that many politicians are backing this on both sides of the border I feel that many that will take part in this demonstration this time may feel a bit more bold. Then there are the scary rumors floating about of truces within hispanic gangs and radical hispanic organizations telling its members to arm for protection. Then there is the increased violent talks of those that are not hispanic. I will mostly discount the rumors and all but I am getting nervous. I have seen with Katrina what can happen when you are caught in an emergency zone in America when it all breaks down. So even though I think that things will probably not get as bad as I think many people want I myself want to make sure we are prepared so that we are safe.

For all of you that will flame me let me say this: I dont trust large crowds of any group of people that are not happy as a crowd mantality can form and then who knows.

We have steel doors that will be fitted with braces. Our windows are 4 inches thick and cannot be breached without a heavy vehichle. We will have 5-10 days food and more in water. 200+ rounds of amo and pleanty of weapons. Back up radio , candles, back up power etc.

To me its like prepareing for a storm you just dont know what may happen and should prepare. Im not saying anything bad agaisnt any group of people but I have seen all people behave bad in a "crowd mantalitly" and do not trust this. This is just a good investment anyways as these things are good in any emergency. I'm hoping that this will not be needed and it will almost certainly not be but I would not be a MAN if I didint think ahead like I'm doing now.

I have talked with everyone that is concerned with my place to let them know if anything goes crazy to avoid or contact me. Lets face it ... we have seen violent riots in the past not only in a dozen American cities but right here in LA.

This is just like getting ready for any other thing that can harm you. You have to think of your safety and those that you love. I will do my best to report what happens here as I think its going to be big. I believe I will be first hand to witness some history and I will do my best to report that as acurately as possible. Working on gettting video of this as well. Hopefully this will be a non-event.

Very concerned
Marcus Danis
4mytribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:10 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

What? Do you think we're going to raise up in arms against Americans?
There will be riots, but we Mexicans, for the most part, are civilized with our riots (research about "La Matanza de Tlatelolco)
The day is supposed to be The Day Without Mexicans, and it's a manifestation, not to accomplish something, but to prove a point.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:42 AM   #3
CptSternn

Ever thought of say, meeting your neighbors? I mean, they are yer neighbors, and your part of the community. I used to live in an all black community in Richmond. I was the only white guy fer blocks. First thing I did - went to the surrounding houses and invited the neighbors over for beer and bbq.

After that, many invited me over for cook-outs, sporting events on big screen telly, and other social events.

Sure beats buying steel braces fer yer door.

In fact, if ye ask yer neighbors who is going to the protests, throw on a mexican flag shirt, and catch a lift there with 'em, I'm betting you would no only be 100% safe with the group, but also you might have fun.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:57 AM   #4
4mytribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Ever thought of say, meeting your neighbors? I mean, they are yer neighbors, and your part of the community. I used to live in an all black community in Richmond. I was the only white guy fer blocks. First thing I did - went to the surrounding houses and invited the neighbors over for beer and bbq.

After that, many invited me over for cook-outs, sporting events on big screen telly, and other social events.

Sure beats buying steel braces fer yer door.

In fact, if ye ask yer neighbors who is going to the protests, throw on a mexican flag shirt, and catch a lift there with 'em, I'm betting you would no only be 100% safe with the group, but also you might have fun.
Sure I know many of them some I like and some I dont and same goes for them. I'm not concerned with my neighbors. Last time it was hundreds of people marching up my street so if you think that I can get to know hundreds then ..... I dunno. I mean maybe you dont understand how big it was last time. As to the steel doors and windows I didnt buy anything thats the way the building came when I first moved in. As to weopons I've had those for years and have never had to use them and hope I never do but like the time when our place was broken into while I was here I thanked God I had them. As to food well Katrina should've been a wake up call to everyone to take potential emergencies serious. If they tell you evacuate then do it. If they dont but you think there is the remotest chance that something bad might .... nah just be prepared allways. Everyone ought to have 5-10 days back up food and water its just the responsible thing to do.

Now as to your inviting people over we've done that with those we get along with and have already invited some to a bbq when we move.

As to draping myself in the Mexican flag are you nutz. I am not Mexican. I do not live in Mexico. And I do not support open boarders and no enforcement of the law.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:02 AM   #5
4mytribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
What? Do you think we're going to raise up in arms against Americans?
There will be riots, but we Mexicans, for the most part, are civilized with our riots (research about "La Matanza de Tlatelolco)
The day is supposed to be The Day Without Mexicans, and it's a manifestation, not to accomplish something, but to prove a point.

Probably will be peacefull hell might even be a non-event. But as I said before I dont trust crowd mantality as it can get chaotic at any point and once it does look out. The last time I felt a certain tension in the air almost like it was a testing point and I thought look out the next time this happens as it may get a bit more aggresive. This time there is a build up and almost an official sanctioning of the event. With the California Senate voting this the "Great American Boycott" and Mexico sending in delegates I dunno.

Hopefully this is more political then anything. A case of the big wigs trying to get everybody fired up but then everyone just settles down and goes to work.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:34 AM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

I'm curious about people's oppinions in this subject.
I myself agree with allowing USA to build a wall and making the act of crossing illegaly a felony (previously, they just deported them back to Mexico, now they would throw them in jail for some time.)
But, what I'm arguing, as well as most Mexicans is:
What will happen to the Mexicans already in USA?
Would you put 12 million people in jail?
Imagine the felony means three years in jail.
So, for three years, 12 million people will be incarcerated. But, after those three years, what then?
They're still illegals. Do they go back to prison?
Plus, there are millions of illegals, brought along their families since they were small kids; Mexico IS a foreign country to them. They could just as well be considered Americans, regardless of their parents' decision to cross the border.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:21 AM   #7
4mytribe

Quote:
I'm curious about people's oppinions in this subject.
I myself agree with allowing USA to build a wall and making the act of crossing illegaly a felony (previously, they just deported them back to Mexico, now they would throw them in jail for some time.)
But, what I'm arguing, as well as most Mexicans is:
What will happen to the Mexicans already in USA?
Would you put 12 million people in jail?
Imagine the felony means three years in jail.
So, for three years, 12 million people will be incarcerated. But, after those three years, what then?
They're still illegals. Do they go back to prison?
Plus, there are millions of illegals, brought along their families since they were small kids; Mexico IS a foreign country to them. They could just as well be considered Americans, regardless of their parents' decision to cross the border.
Your right of course. I thought it already was a crime anyway so I'm not sure what the felony helps. As to rounding up 20 million people (thats the number I trust more) that would be dangerous. Illegal immigrants and those that support them have shown they have the numbers and will to impose their will. If there were an attempt at massive deportations it would be Civil War. I think a better solution is to go after employers and deport those that commit crimes. Then after that you could deport those that cant speak english after x amount of years (if you can figure out how to prove that) and so on. And of course we have to secure our borders or we're not a nation. A nation by definition has to have borders and right now we dont.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:50 AM   #8
Blushing Heliophobe

Well holy shit, it's them Mexicans!

Grab yer gun and we'll cut 'em off at the river...

Waa-ha.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:36 PM   #9
4mytribe

Every Mexican business in the area is planning on closing and say so in a firm proud way. I cant really describe it but its kindve like you bet your ass we're closed but in a polite way. We bought a video camera for it and have an agreement with our only non-mexican neighbors to station on top of their roof and roof of garage for video coverage. This thing is going to be HUGE. I didnt realise till tonight when my buddy said he was closing down his store thats when it really hit.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:41 PM   #10
Godslayer Jillian

Bought a camera for what? Taping a closed store?
Look, the only thing we're going to do is no Mexican will work in America, students will not go to school, and no one will buy any American product.
I may not even show up at this site on Monday. Not that I'm attacking you, guys, but this site is still American. (or is it British? O.o)

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 04-29-2006, 09:04 PM   #11
4mytribe

Quote:
Bought a camera for what? Taping a closed store?
Look, the only thing we're going to do is no Mexican will work in America, students will not go to school, and no one will buy any American product.
I may not even show up at this site on Monday. Not that I'm attacking you, guys, but this site is still American. (or is it British? O.o)
You seem like a cool person as are my Mexican friends or they wouldnt be my friends. Thats not the point. The point is that most likely those that are not going to work or school are not going to just stay in their house. They are going to take to the streets. This has been planned and backed big time by many top politicians including Bush and the schools and on and on. So there will be massive crowds. While individuals can be cool - crowds are unpredictable and can easily get out of hand. Even if they dont get out of hand I can assure you if you had seen video coverage of what I saw the last time you wouldve thought it interesting to say the least. Not necessarily in a bad way but it is history. Good or bad this thing is going to be big and historic. You bet I'm gonna video tape it.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:05 PM   #12
Godslayer Jillian

I'm actually curious about what are the Mexicans in America going to do all day.
As for me, I'm going to go to the mall all day
(I'm not a mall goth. That's just the social life of everyone in here: mall, movies in the mall, and dances)

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 04-29-2006, 10:11 PM   #13
Loy

4mytribe-crowds can be unpredictable....which is why malls are such dangerous places to go to.

Sorry if my tone seems less than serious when I listen to you freaking out, but considering that I've lived through all kinds of xenophobic fears that turned to naught, I'm gonna give you this piece of advice-chill the fuck out.

So a bunch of people aren't going to work and are planning demonstrations. Did you have any of these worries whenever there were mass protests against Bush? Did you have any worries over the general May Day celebrations when people don't go to work? Would you have these worries if UCLA shut down because the students didn't show up?

Sorry, but it's a protest and it's not that big of a deal. The only thing that MIGHT make it conflagurate is if the cops have the same mentality as you...scared cops+weapons of all kinds+pissed protesters=trouble. See, before I moved to Seattle, I lived in LA, and I know how the pigs....errr, police are like down there. THAT is the only thing I'd worry about, if I were you.

Other than that, to bring this full circle-chill the fuck out.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:41 PM   #14
4mytribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loy
4mytribe-crowds can be unpredictable....which is why malls are such dangerous places to go to.

Sorry if my tone seems less than serious when I listen to you freaking out, but considering that I've lived through all kinds of xenophobic fears that turned to naught, I'm gonna give you this piece of advice-chill the fuck out.

So a bunch of people aren't going to work and are planning demonstrations. Did you have any of these worries whenever there were mass protests against Bush? Did you have any worries over the general May Day celebrations when people don't go to work? Would you have these worries if UCLA shut down because the students didn't show up?

Sorry, but it's a protest and it's not that big of a deal. The only thing that MIGHT make it conflagurate is if the cops have the same mentality as you...scared cops+weapons of all kinds+pissed protesters=trouble. See, before I moved to Seattle, I lived in LA, and I know how the pigs....errr, police are like down there. THAT is the only thing I'd worry about, if I were you.

Other than that, to bring this full circle-chill the fuck out.
You dont live in my neighborhood and you didnt see what it was like last time. Last time felt like a test run and they seemed a bit unsure but defiant like testing the waters. I knew then that if there was a next it could be different. As to the protests you talked about those were protests that were isolated to certain points of focus like a downtown rally, the last rallys for this were city wide with people getting pretty amped up everywhere and most importantly right outside my door. This one looks to be so much bigger. Also the other rallys you talk of are one time events this is like the 4th or 5th and to be the biggest by far. This one is Racial big time with Latino's grouping together in a HUGE fashion. Add to that all the build up of politicians, schools, gangs, Unions, race riots only someone that has their head in the sand would not be concerned if they didnt live RIGHT WHERE I DO. I steped out on my porche and saw hundreds of latino teens marching just feet from my porch. I heard very scary comments from numerous people and had riot police come right at me and tell me to move so as not to be behind them.

This is the biggest thing since the 60's and LA has a history of riots and I should just take a chill pill. Its people like you that beg people like me for food in an emergency. I may be wrong but I'll still feel I did the responsible thing to not only prepare for this but the several hundred spend today will be ready for the next earthquake or whatever.

I hope to God its nothing but again I will say your not here. It feels BIG.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:52 PM   #15
4mytribe

Quote:
I'm actually curious about what are the Mexicans in America going to do all day.
As for me, I'm going to go to the mall all day
(I'm not a mall goth. That's just the social life of everyone in here: mall, movies in the mall, and dances)
You are a cool person and for such a young person to be blessed with such a well rounded and grounded head is unique. So dont take this wrong but you do know that it is a boycott and that your not supposed to spend money. Having said that you dont have to spend money to go to a mall and many dont. In fact what you may want to do is similar to what I would love to do and that is to witness an historic event. This would be the one day when I wouldnt mind going to a mall just to see what the reaction to the event is. I would like to walk around and go to different places and see whats happening. I feel this could be one of the biggest days historically in my life and I want to see it. But I also want to be safe so I looking at feeling it out to see how it goes. In my neighborhood and city its going to be big.

Going to be interesting no-matter what. If this is truely a non-event that would be interesting too in that even with so much support nothing really happens. Just dont see that happening though. If nothing else at the very least the streets will be dead and business will grind to a coma.

Interesting times.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:42 AM   #16
Godslayer Jillian

Oh, I know I'm not supposed to spend money.... on AMERICAN products.
But I'm going to the mall in Juarez.
It's not so much as because I don't want to buy American products so much as the fact that the malls in Ciudad Juarez are freaking awesome (you even have waiters at the movies)

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 04-30-2006, 04:36 AM   #17
CptSternn

They can't make being illegal a crime. As mentioned in other threads, and touched on in the article about ICE attempting to intimidate people, a large chunk of the american work force is illegal. Not everywhere, but Cali, Texas, New York, and Florida. If those people were not there working, and the companies had to hire legal americans...

1. They wouldn't find enough to work
2. They would have to raise wages/benefits/etc which would doulble the cost of items like orange juice, lettuce, wines, etc.

If the costs are raised those products become worthless on the market because then foriegn compeitors can bring in the same products for half the price. Many of the largest businesses in american would go under over night, causing many other economic issues.

The government knows this, those industries have large lobbying powers, and it just won't happen.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:49 AM   #18
Binkie

Quote:
(you even have waiters at the movies)
Are these the kinds of theaters they serve you dinner at while you're watching? Or just regular concession stand stuff?
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:02 AM   #19
Godslayer Jillian

Dinner!!

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 04-30-2006, 11:05 AM   #20
Binkie

Damnit, I love those. They need more here.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:17 AM   #21
Loy

4mytribe-"Holy shit!! Lot's of brown people on the streets, and NOT cleaning"

First of all, child, don't pull the "you don't live where I live" card on me. Let me give you 2 arguments to that=

1.So fucking what? Just because you're down there doesn't mean you have a full grasp on the reality of the situation. and

2.Umm, maybe you missed the part where I said "before I moved to Seattle, I lived in LA", but....yeah....I mean, I'll even go "neighborhood" on ya and say "fuck you, motherfucker, I'm from Hollywood. Not WEST Hollywood, but Central....on the Filipino/Mexican block! Where the fuck you from, Aneheim or the Valley, cuz either way, you sound like a whiny little bitch!!!", which translated to white-english mean "I lived in Central Hollywood, which, if you're unfamiliar with the area, isn't exactly a nice part of town. By your tone and your attitude, I'm guessing you're from either the Valley or Orange County originally, because true Angelinos don't freak out about the large numbers of non-whites that happen to share the same city as them, and not to denigrate those fine parts of town, but those attitudes are very backwards intheir modes, especially considering how the world is today."

And before I forget.....hold on, biggest thing in LA's history since the 60's? Racial big-time? Hmmmm.....oh yeah, the Rodney King riots.....sorry, but after living through that one, and comparing the situation then and now, I'm gonna say "chill the fuck out with the xenophobia, dude!". Again, your xenophobia muddies any valid point you had to make.

PS-the "you're the ones who'll be begging for help" line....childish "I told you so's" aren't really valid arguments, but they're funny as fuck! FYI...
Old 04-30-2006, 11:55 AM   #22
4mytribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loy
4mytribe-"Holy shit!! Lot's of brown people on the streets, and NOT cleaning"

First of all, child, don't pull the "you don't live where I live" card on me. Let me give you 2 arguments to that=

1.So fucking what? Just because you're down there doesn't mean you have a full grasp on the reality of the situation. and

2.Umm, maybe you missed the part where I said "before I moved to Seattle, I lived in LA", but....yeah....I mean, I'll even go "neighborhood" on ya and say "fuck you, motherfucker, I'm from Hollywood. Not WEST Hollywood, but Central....on the Filipino/Mexican block! Where the fuck you from, Aneheim or the Valley, cuz either way, you sound like a whiny little bitch!!!", which translated to white-english mean "I lived in Central Hollywood, which, if you're unfamiliar with the area, isn't exactly a nice part of town. By your tone and your attitude, I'm guessing you're from either the Valley or Orange County originally, because true Angelinos don't freak out about the large numbers of non-whites that happen to share the same city as them, and not to denigrate those fine parts of town, but those attitudes are very backwards intheir modes, especially considering how the world is today."

And before I forget.....hold on, biggest thing in LA's history since the 60's? Racial big-time? Hmmmm.....oh yeah, the Rodney King riots.....sorry, but after living through that one, and comparing the situation then and now, I'm gonna say "chill the fuck out with the xenophobia, dude!". Again, your xenophobia muddies any valid point you had to make.

PS-the "you're the ones who'll be begging for help" line....childish "I told you so's" aren't really valid arguments, but they're funny as fuck! FYI...
Uh who is the one that needs the chill pill now? I've been civil with you and your blowing gaskets. I live on Aneheim and Magnolia in Long Beach CA. 90% of my neighbors are Mexican and pretty much 100% that I've talked to are going to participate. Most of them live 10 or more per apartment so when school and work gets out its pretty impressive. Tomorrow will be crazy. I'll be video taping and you can see for yourself. As to the whole Xenophobia thing I really think that is old and unimaginative. Cant people that argue come up with some new material. I mean trying to basically say I'm sick in the head because what I'm concerned about possible riots.

By the way I think at least a couple unfortunate souls will die tomorrow because of this boycott. They shouldve been a little more detailed like dont buy anything unless your health is affected (food and water).
Old 04-30-2006, 11:57 AM   #23
4mytribe

Quote:
Oh, I know I'm not supposed to spend money.... on AMERICAN products.
But I'm going to the mall in Juarez.
It's not so much as because I don't want to buy American products so much as the fact that the malls in Ciudad Juarez are freaking awesome (you even have waiters at the movies)

Here's the really important question: Do they serve alchohol?

I went to a concert in an old theatre in Hollywood that had waiters serving drinks it was amazing.

Felt like you were in the lap of luxary in some forgotten time.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:58 PM   #24
Godslayer Jillian

Yeah, they serve alcohol, but of course, only if you're 18.
What I love in there are the crepes.

By the way, about what oyu said that you bet there will be a couple of deaths...
How much do you want to bet the deaths will be Mexican casualties?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 04-30-2006, 02:22 PM   #25
4mytribe

yeah probably and thats not good thats why I think they shouldve made it clear that its not breaking the boycott to buy water and stuff because some people may take it too serious and end up endangering themselves.