Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-13-2009, 02:14 PM   #101
Duane

This is pretty cool compared to Gaia and Myspace, this is the nice club. Sure, people have their moments, but with the idiots here me being one, they can't help but be unpleasant to them every now and then.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #102
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Most were conservatives? I can't picture that in a goth forum.
Imagine how aghast they would be at the political landscape of Gnet now.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:50 PM   #103
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
You make it sound like it's an epidemic. Between me not being able to see where's this evil around Gnet, and you not being able to see how much we actually get along, I believe you're the one that is wrong.

Right.... If you say so.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #104
mindless1

I've been on, well most forums people highly respect me. Why? Because I am respectful to them. If a person gives me a reason to disrespect them I will, but someone making death threats and disrespecting someone....it's pretty un-entertaining, in fact it's like a bunch of faceless losers in a dark room doing nothing. That's like, the metaphor for gothic.net....so gawth, isn't it? BTW I enjoy being my schizo self....there's nothing wrong with mentioning you have issues, I saw that people made posts about Bipolar, about cutting, about girlfriends cheating etc. So I made a post about having schizophrenia. Ugh, I don't know- I know lots of people remember all this nonsense but I've forgotten most of it. That's the problem, because you all don't know who's who on here.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #105
Godslayer Jillian

JCC is George Bush.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:50 PM   #106
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
JCC is George Bush.
Would that make you Alberto Gonzales then? :P
Old 01-14-2009, 02:08 AM   #107
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly PopMuzik
Would that make you Alberto Gonzales then? :P
That would make you Barak Obama's Wife.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:33 AM   #108
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinstripesAndPithHelmets
If gothic.net is hoping that we'll learn to get along and have civil discussions on our own, he/she is going to be sorely disappointed. It's a lovely goal, to be sure, but a rather unrealistic one.

At heart, we're a pack of bloody savages with modern technology. That's not to say that other forums aren't made up of savages. On the contrary, it's a commonality between all groups. Tighter moderation won't fix that. It would only present the false appearance of civility by forcefully removing contention rather than resolving it. In short, it would be treating the symptoms rather than the cause. The cause, unfortunately, seems to be untreatable.
This post pisses me off so much, you're so arrogant, and you have the audacity to act like you're some wise sage when you're basically stating the obvious reality of the world but missing the humor in our interactions.

Fuckin' hell....
Old 01-14-2009, 06:00 AM   #109
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey
This post pisses me off so much, you're so arrogant, and you have the audacity to act like you're some wise sage when you're basically stating the obvious reality of the world but missing the humor in our interactions.

Fuckin' hell....
If it's so fucking obvious then why does this thread exist? I don't see the humor in people tearing each other down just to make themselves feel better. Half of the posts on this site are devoted to ragging on people for their tastes in clothing, music, movies, literature, etc. If you think that's fun, then you're part of the problem.

So, in short, fuck you and your indignation.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:38 AM   #110
Necrophagist

*applause* In regard to Pinstripes.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:33 AM   #111
JCC

Quote:
I don't see the humor in people tearing each other down just to make themselves feel better.
We don't need to make ourselves feel better, we're great. The 'lack of self-esteem = bully' misconception is a popular one. The reality is that we are so great, we automatically assume that people want our opinions on everything, and they do, even if they don't know it yet.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:47 AM   #112
Tam Li Hua

I realize I may be setting myself up for a fall here, but here it goes anyways.

I've seen a lot of great ideas posted thus far to make Gnet better, but here are my $.02:

-- Allow folks to edit their posts or comments for more than five minutes. This is the -only- forum I know of that has such a rule, and I've never understood it. I'm sure that there's been quite a few people who have, upon posting, realized some time later that they need to correct something or add or detract from a post or comment [and thus cut down on the flaming], but who can not due to the five-minute rule.

Yes, people can comment again and attempt to explain their position a little better, but by that time their 'correction' is lost in a sea of flaming. Thus, please consider this suggestion.

-- Be active on the boards. Perhaps you are active on them, under a different name...but in that case, let us know who you are. Let us feel that you actually care about us and what's going on here, and that this isn't simply something you do when you're bored.

These boards need better management, to say the least, so this would also be something good to keep an eye on.

If I think of anything else, I'll post it in the Suggestions forum.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:35 AM   #113
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
We don't need to make ourselves feel better, we're great. The 'lack of self-esteem = bully' misconception is a popular one. The reality is that we are so great, we automatically assume that people want our opinions on everything, and they do, even if they don't know it yet.
I certainly don't see why someone secure in themselves and their own beliefs would feel it necessary to attack another forum member because of, for example, the music that person listens to.

I find that arrogance is often a mask for an inferiority complex, much like being a shameless braggart. In some cases a sense of superiority is justified, but never to the point of vicious arrogance. An individual truly happy with themselves need not be vicious, and the vicious are usually not happy with themselves.

Take that as you will. If you can stand stooping to listening to someone like me, that is.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:47 AM   #114
JCC

Quote:
I certainly don't see why someone secure in themselves and their own beliefs would feel it necessary to attack another forum member because of, for example, the music that person listens to.

I find that arrogance is often a mask for an inferiority complex
Well, I can't argue with your Psychology PHD and countless years of experience in the field of psychoanalysis.

Oh... wait...
Old 01-14-2009, 12:02 PM   #115
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Well, I can't argue with your Psychology PHD and countless years of experience in the field of psychoanalysis.

Oh... wait...

Do you see the irony in this response?
Old 01-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #116
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
I'm sure that there's been quite a few people who have, upon posting, realized some time later that they need to correct something or add or detract from a post or comment [and thus cut down on the flaming], but who can not due to the five-minute rule.
That's precisely why it SHOULD stay there.
People should be liable to whatever they say. I'm sure there's several people who wouldn't be above changing their posts to win an argument.
The five minute rule allows changes to errors that are immediately noticeable and small additions to a post.

I like it like that. If I said something and someone proves I'm wrong, it's there and stays there.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:35 PM   #117
XXChristabelXX

funny. you let the dogs run amok , shitting in the yard with no consequence. you clean it up. the dogs come back to shit again and you ask them not to? or what- another admin hiatus to allow the board to fail to adhere to its own standarss? fucking a.
XXChristabelXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #118
Godslayer Jillian

I take you're in the "I want mods" side.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 01-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #119
Duane

We don't need active mods.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #120
XXChristabelXX

no. I am in the ' shit or get off the pot' category. half measures are for pussies, eapecially when they whine about the effects of their own ineffectuality
Old 01-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #121
Godslayer Jillian

What the hell does that even mean?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 01-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #122
XXChristabelXX

If you are brazenly lackadasical and half asses, don't bitch about the consequence of your inaction
Old 01-14-2009, 03:52 PM   #123
Godslayer Jillian

Layman terms please.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 01-14-2009, 03:59 PM   #124
XXChristabelXX

you are lazy and undereducated, don't get pissy when someone else uses big words
Old 01-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #125
Solumina

It isn't the words that you are using, it is how you are using them that is the problem.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote