Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-24-2010, 07:25 AM   #401
HavelockV

An antique rosewood walking stick with an orantely carved bone handle. Smashing.
HavelockV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:41 AM   #402
MissCheyenne

New Stone Temple Pilots album, a pair of purple robot earrings, two dresses, black flats with flowers on the front, leggings and boot polish.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:01 AM   #403
triggerhappi26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Um, well ... do be sure to give us updates. There are several Pole Dancing and Stripping exercise DVD's on the market, plus it's a very nice surprise to present to a special someone on occasion. Also do let us know if at any point you have a pole installed in a bedroom, okay?
Will do. Though I already have a pole in my bedroom I even put stage lights near it, it was for my boyfriend. I have had burlesque lessons so the pole has been used but his birthday is in a few months so I was thinking maybe I'd get some tricks down for him.
triggerhappi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #404
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
honeythorn, you're now officially rated as "obsessed." It's not as bad as one of those cat women who has 20-30 cats or more in their house, but it's getting closer to that end. The real breaking point with the cat women is when they reach the point of denial, where they absolutely cannot take adequate care of and clean up after the number of cats they have, but they swear that they can.

I'm assuming a person can adequately take care of and clean up after a lot more fish than cats rather easily, but still ...

You should think about opening a pet or aquarium store to legitimize your hobby if you're going to continue to collect tanks every time there's a good sale price. Then you can have a bunch of tanks, make money on the deal and eventually maybe even have hired staff to help you take care of them!

Fear not, most of the ones I collect up are merely spares. A couple are a bit shitty and are kept for quarrantine and hospital tanks ( mostly borrowed by relatives as my own fish rarely get ill )

I have 2 running with fish in them. That's all I'm allowed and all I realistically have time for right now. I actually UNDERstock my tanks so as not to overload the filter and create more waste than can be taken care of. for example, I have a single male betta in a 12 gallon tank which is 2 feet long. Just him and nothing else but plants and some pest snails.

The average person who keeps fish ( the sort who buy them as entertainment for children or as a ridiculous home decor piece ) actually tends to overstock their tank with far too many/too large fish, and make the water dirtier and harder to care for even though they have only one tank.

My best 5 gallon is going to my aunt so she can keep it for her spare/hospital tank. One is going to be a little living art project sometime in the next year, and the one I just bought I will keep for when I have my own place and can run 3-4 tanks.

I am mildly obsessed and probably have multiple tank syndrome as it's called in the hobby

Unfortunately there is very little money to be made from this hobby unless you have something really unusual/rare to offer, be it colour morphs of known/popular species, hard to get species, or unusual tail types as with bettas. And I don't .

I would like to work in a fish store but jobs in such places are VERY hard to grab indeed. Besides, I'd get fired for telling people what they actually need to know, and what they are doing right/wrong instead of lying to them to get a sale as so many store employees have to do.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:49 AM   #405
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
Besides, I'd get fired for telling people what they actually need to know, and what they are doing right/wrong instead of lying to them to get a sale as so many store employees have to do.
LOL! I heard that. Well, I never thought you didn't know you stuff. Still, under-populating the tanks to make the filters much more efficient and overall care much easier is a brilliant bit of wisdom. Wish more aquarium owners did that.

I have one dog. People always ask me why I don't get another one so he'll have a buddy. I don't because I know I can easily take care of one dog very well and make sure he lives a very healthy, happy and comfortable life. With two dogs that wouldn't be as easy to guarantee.

Besides, right now he thinks I'm his pack buddy and that works out just fine.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #406
honeythorn

^_^ We have a dog also. She's old but very funny in her habits, always making me laugh.

To stray back on topic somewhat, I haven't bought this, but I think I probably will buy it on Friday when I get paid. I intend to wear it to my best friend's wedding. I'm still debating as to which colour to have, the deep plum/purple, or black ( don't like the white or red )

>_> <_< Hmmmmm..... what say you G.Net?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Figure-Hug...item746a6e8d89
Old 05-24-2010, 12:09 PM   #407
MissCheyenne

The purple looks a really nice colour. The black is nice but I personally prefer the purple.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #408
Underwater Ophelia

I bought a lot of pet supplies.
And two shirts.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:52 PM   #409
Ben Lahnger

Hmmm ... too bad. I think the it looks stunning in red.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 05-24-2010, 03:06 PM   #410
honeythorn

Red makes me look bigger for some reason. Like a massive tomato woman with big white beansprout legs .
Old 05-24-2010, 03:53 PM   #411
JCC

Bought a shirt in the All Saints sale.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:06 PM   #412
BlackGnosis

stuff to make manly cyberlox with
BlackGnosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:49 AM   #413
cadavre exquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavelockV View Post
An antique rosewood walking stick with an ornately carved bone handle. Smashing.
It sounds fabulous Havelock - does it have a sword in it?
-Post a picture, post a picture!

I'm trying to buy some safety boots for doing festy stage work in, that can withstand having something very heavy dropped on them, (we use hooge batteries to hold solar/windmill charge for power provision) but are snazzy enough to go & enjoy the festival in!

http://www.uksafetyfootwear.com/acat...3_FD23160.html

http://www.safetybootsuk.co.uk/dewal...t-p-79154.html
cadavre exquis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:08 PM   #414
Ben Lahnger

I just bought the trade paperback graphic novel
SCUD The Disposable Assassin: The Whole Shebang!
(beginning, middle and end)

SCUD is a vending machine assassin programmed by his "client" to destroy a basement monster but he soon discovers he will self destruct if he completes his mission -- and he doesn't want to die -- so the robotic assassin maims his target and puts the wounded creature on life support. Then SCUD must become a freelance assassin to pay for the hospital bills.

I bought this after looking at the volume on again and off again for over a year. I'd heard of the comic before and knew it had achieved some noteriety. What I didn't know was that the author took a ten year break between issues 20 and 21. I sure am glad I wasn't waiting for THAT next installment.

Anyway, this book collects up the complete run of issues 1 through 24. After reading issue 1, I know I'm going to like it and the humor is lethal!

WIPEDIA article about SCUD

Amazon link to this book

I see from the Amazon page that I paid too much. Oh well, I'm still glad to have it!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 06-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #415
LaBelleDameSansMerci

I bought some real conte to replace that infernal General's brand chalk. It's very difficult to blend all softly. Conte is wonderful in comparison, except that they don't make any Raw Sienna, which I rather need for my drawing.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #416
the-nihilist

I bought a sandwich. It was ok I guess, but I've had better.