Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:00 PM   #26
Mr. Filth

Dina. = full of shit.
Mr. Filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:00 PM   #27
girasol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingheart344
Then why list the fake ones above the real ones?

What exactly do you mean by 'the fake ones above the real ones'?

Just because you think classic well-known bands that have represented 'goth' music are better, does not make other music fake.

Who are you to rate someones taste in music?
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:05 PM   #28
Genocide

Quote:
Originally Posted by girasol
What exactly do you mean by 'the fake ones above the real ones'?

Just because you think classic well-known bands that have represented 'goth' music are better, does not make other music fake.

Who are you to rate someones taste in music?
I think the person was trying to ask why not say something that better represents gothic music, that the public around there hate aswell.

or something :S
Genocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:07 PM   #29
girasol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide
I think the person was trying to ask why not say something that better represents gothic music, that the public around there hate aswell.

or something :S

If so, I apologize. I don't think that is the case though...
She/he told her to find an emo site or vampire site to go to...
I think that there was a little disrespect in some of her posts - if not all of them.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:44 PM   #30
Dina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girasol
hmm...
I lived in Turkey for 9 years. The same thing happened over there actually. A group of people sharing an apartment together were busted into for drugs and they found a lot of satanic bibles, art with dark themes and also had killed a bunch of cats from the neighborhood.
A few more people did that afterwards and it was all over the news.
And mainly people who had long hair, really dark hair and alternative clothing etc. were made a joke. People at schools would ask anyone who listened to metal music etc. if they were a satanist and pick on them...

This is what i mean ,you are constantly being picked on and nagged, i don't understand why some poeple would come up to me like Mr.Filth and say Im full of shit.
Dina. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:15 PM   #31
Mr. Filth

You're a self proclaimed 'Music Addict' for starters.

Saying goths are misunderstood is like saying raw fish is an acquired taste. The response to such a statement tends to be, "No shit, That's part of the appeal". There are just as many Hillbillies, jocks and scenesters that will take the same defense of being 'misunderstood'. I say it's all bullshit.

EVERYfuckingBODY is misunderstood. Your proclamation that goths are misunderstood is and as old and dull as "THE WORLD IS ROUND!".

^see what i did there?
Mr. Filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:59 AM   #32
Genocide

As a low level warlock goblin minion would say, " Can't We All Just Get Along?!"
Genocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:44 AM   #33
Dina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Filth

Saying goths are misunderstood is like saying raw fish is an acquired taste. The response to such a statement tends to be, "No shit, That's part of the appeal". There are just as many Hillbillies, jocks and scenesters that will take the same defense of being 'misunderstood'. I say it's all bullshit.

EVERYfuckingBODY is misunderstood. Your proclamation that goths are misunderstood is and as old and dull as "THE WORLD IS ROUND!".

^see what i did there?
yeah Eveyfuckingbody. nice combination if that's what you mean.
Well you could have said this in the first place without saying three meaningless words.
Dina. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:23 AM   #34
girasol

Quote:

^see what i did there?

maybe she had a bad day, thought a bit about this and had a rant about it. Whats the big deal... you could just decide her thread was boring and leave it at that...
Old 12-28-2008, 07:52 AM   #35
a morbid curiosity

Quote:

^see what i did there?
This is all fair enough, but I don't think she was just talking about goths being misunderstood in general - she was referring to people judging her as a 'goth satanist' for wearing Led Zepplin shirts and such, as Led Zepplin are not even a goth rock band. Which is a bit clichéd but nevertheless perfectly whine-able.

Besides, EVERYfuckingBODY is misunderstood, but EVERYfuckingBODY likes to rant about it from time to time. Give her a break.
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:46 AM   #36
Steppenwolf

there is this old trick : feed your head .
where is the problem? the problem is "all black=you are evil" . do you want to have problems? no ... so , dress some white , dress some red , some purple , be creative ... "led zeppelin shirt = satan?" don't ...
your friends called you evil or emo? some of my friends can't believe I'm still single and don't have any children at 25 ... There's always somebody who is telling others what's right and what's wrong , and this happens everywhere .
Old 12-28-2008, 10:48 AM   #37
Steppenwolf

Quote:
(This is still fucking true anyways ............ )